Chapter 6

Detectives: Agents In Trouble (sequal to Detectives)

“youngie, what’s wrong?”

Siwon asks his wife in concern, knocking on the bathroom door. Sooyoung had been staying inside for as long as 45 minutes, not making any noise.

Siwon knocked once more.

“dearie, please tell me what’s wrong..” he said, his voice gentle and concerned. “you’ve been in there for quite awhile now.”

Sooyoung on the other hand sat beside the toilet bowl, leaning her torso towards it as she tries her best not to make so much noise, the nausea feeling was coming every once in a while and it was making things difficult for her. Sooyoung tried her best to soften the gagging sounds that she was making, not wanting siwon to worry but it would seem it was useless.

Siwon after all did know she was throwing up, it’s been her new routine for the past 4 days. He just wanted her to voice it out, to tell him that she wasn’t fine and that she needed him to comfort her.

That didn’t come out from .

Siwon knocked once more.

“youngie, i know you’re throwing up, don’t try and hide it from me.” He said. “come on, open up, let me help you make it better..”

Sooyoung chuckled softly. She found it a little amusing with her spouses cluelessness. Considering the fact that this may (and she was 90% sure about it) be their second pregnancy, he was so oblivious to the signs and tell tales. He could tell that she was sick, that she was throwing up and losing her appetite, but was he really that clueless about the possibility that she was on with their second child?

“silly wonnie!” she muttered. “are you really that blur?”

She giggled to herself before having the need to throw up.

“Youngie...please answer me.”

Her husband’s voice seemed really concern.

“you’re worrying me you know? Quick wifey, open up..”

Sooyoung pouted.

“I guess you’re really that clueless huh?”

With that, she placed her hands on the toilet bowl for support, bringing herself up as she slowly walked to the door.

Siwon felt at ease the moment he heard the door knob turning, in less than 5 seconds the door opened up, revealing his sick-looking wife.

Siwon smiled at her before walking towards her to give her a waist hug.

“hey beautiful..” he said, brushing her fringe away from her eyes.

Sooyoung giggled a little.

“Does this make you relief?” she asked, placing both her hands on siwon’s chest.

Siwon chuckled, shaking his head.

“no..it doesn’t change much..” he said, pulling her closer to him. “Do you know how worried i was about you?”

Sooyoung smiled weakly.

“I-i’m sorry, i-i just didn’t wanted to worry you..”

“But you’re worrying me more with the way you’re acting now..” he said. “youngie, why am i here for? It’s for you to come looking for me if you ever have any problems right?”

“i-i’m fine wonnie-“

She placed her hand on again, gagging again.

Siwon released her as she ran to the toilet bowl, he went behind her, her back.

“Look at you...telling me you’re all fine..”

She started to throw up for the next minute or so before she slumped down the the side of the toilet bowl.

Siwon bent down to cup her face, causing her to look at him.

“w-wonnie..I’m really sorry for worrying you..i-“

She stopped speaking when siwon gently placed his lips on hers. She immediately tried pushing him away, but he wouldn’t move.

“wonnie....tsup...i-i.....just...throw up..mmmmmmmm”

Siwon parted.

“It’s gross..”

Siwon only laughed, bringing both his hands up to pinch her cheeks.

“Look, If i really was worried about that, i wouldn’t have kissed you right?” he said as he leaned nearer. “I don’t care whether it’s gross or not. You’re my wife and i love you..” 

“well at least let me wash up, i feel bad-mmm”

Siwon claimed her lips once more, ignoring her slaps. He just wanted to be there for his wife no matter what.

“dadda...”

The 2 kissing adults opened their eyes, slowly parting as they saw their 3 year old daughter looking at them, holding her pillow on one hand while the other placed in .

Hae in’s parents started breaking out in small prance of laughter, finding her acting all so adorable. In fact, every little thing she does seems to come out as cute and adorable to siwon and sooyoung. it’s common however, to feel like this if you were a parent.

Sooyoung grabbed onto siwon’s arms for support, carrying herself up as she started making her way to her basin, while siwon carried his daughter up.

“hey daddy’s girl...” he smiled, kissing her nose. “ready for bed?”

The girl nodded.

Siwon smiled, walking out of the room and taking a step to hae in’s room when she suddenly shook her head. Siwon looked at her.

“hmmm? You don’t want to sleep?” he asked her, her hair.

She nodded, but pointed back to her parent’s room. Siwon looked back, heaving out a little laugh before nodding his head.

“haha...you want to sleep with mummy and me?”

Hae in nodded, still her thumb.

“Sweetheart, stop your thumb..” siwon said, gently pulling away hae in’s hand from .

The girl only yawned in response, before she snuggled into her father’s chest. Siwon smiled, patting her head as he turn back to head to his room.

“She wants to sleep with us?” sooyoung asked when she saw siwon entering the room with hae in in his arms.

 The young father nodded before sooyoung got up her bed, only to be stopped by siwon when he shook his head.

 Youngie..you rest, i’ll pat her to sleep..” he said, taking a seat at the corner of their bed.

 but-“

 it’s alright, i can handle her..”

Sooyoung smiled, going nearer to siwon to snuggle beside him, she placed her head on his shoulders as he started swaying the little girl in his arms from side to side.

Hae in started moving a little more, in an attempt to find a comfortable position while in her father’s embrace. It didn’t take long for her to go to sleep as the next minute, she already drifted off to sleep.

Siwon smiled, nudging sooyoung’s side with his elbow, tilting his head to see her face.

“youngie, she’s asleep..” he grinned.

Sooyoung smiled back at him, kissing him on the cheeks before she took hae in from siwon and placed her in between them. That caused siwon to pout. The young man poked his wife’s arm lightly, getting her attention as she looked at him.

“What’s wrong wonnie?”

Siwon then pointed to hae in.

“Can you place her at the other side of the bed?”

The brunette moved her brows up.

“why?”

“well, you know i love skinship right youngie?”

Sooyoung tilt her head to the side.

“uh huh...oh..” she finally understood what he was trying to say.

Siwon smiled.

“yeap..so can you move her?”

Sooyoung giggled, shaking her head, siwon pouted more.

“but-“

“what if she rolls off the bed wonnie?”

“WHAT IF I roll off the bed?”

Sooyoung giggled more.

“wonnie! You’re a grown-“

“yea yea i know..fine, at least give me a good night kiss?”

Sooyoung nodded, leaning in for a kiss, their lips slightly only touched a little, before they heard hae in’s voice suddenly speaking up.

“hae in loves dadda and mummy...”

Siwon and sooyoung both parted, looking at their daughter, amused. They looked back up at each other.

“is our little girl sleep talking?” siwon asked, hae in’s hair while leaving the other on sooyoung’s waist.

The young mother held a hand to , laughing in small prance.

“yeap...i think she is..”

She then shifted her gaze to her husband, who still had his eyes fixed on their sleeping girl.

“wonnie...” she said suddenly, causing her husband to look at her.

“yea? What’s up dear?”

“I love you...”

Siwon seem a little taken aback by her words, not that it was surprising, it’s just that they don’t really say those 3 simple words that married couple say to each other nowadays. He regains his composure though, smiling at her before his leaned in to kiss her on the lips.

“I love you too...”

He started running his hand down her cheeks, cupping it. He looked lovingly into her eyes. They just stared at each other until a phone call killed the moment 

“wonnie, it’s your phone..” sooyoung pointed at the desk where the phone was.

siwon nodded, giving her a forehead kiss before getting up to answer the call.

“Hey siwon..” yesung voice came out from the other line.

Siwon turned back, staring directly into sooyoung’s eyes.

“Who’s that?” she mouth out.

“hyung..” he said. “What’s up?”

“yesung oppa? Why would he be calling at such a late hour?”

Siwon raised a hand to shush her from talking.

“hey siwon, you think you can come over to the station now?”

Siwon arched an eyebrow. “What’s wrong?”

Sooyoung got up, walking a little forward to siwon.

“wonnie, what’s wrong?”

He turned back, only glancing at her for awhile before shifting his sight to the ground.

“He just isn’t talking..We’re getting a little tired of his resistance.”

“h-hyung..i really like to help..” siwon started. “But, this isn’t really the right time now. Besides, I spoken to him before, and we got the same results back didn’t we?" 

”wonnie?”

Siwon felt her hands along his arms, he looked at her.

“aish...this is just too irritating...”

“yea..i know hyung, but just hang in there for a while more...we’ll get to it”

“Well...alright then...”

“Alright hyung, i’ve got to go..I’ll see you tomorrow at work? We’ll try again tomorrow.”

“Alright...rest well then...”

Siwon nodded.

“You too hyung..”

With that, he ended the call. Siwon looked at his wife, who still had her hands wrapped around his left arm.

He smiled.

“so-“

“Why was he calling so late wonnie? And what’s going on?” she asked, never taking her gaze off him.

Siwon seem stunned for a moment.

“o-oh...just someone we caught recently, he just wouldn’t speak about-“

He stopped speaking the moment sooyoung retracted her hands, walking away from him, she folded her arms, having her back facing siwon. Siwon only looked at her.

“A-are you telling me the truth?”

“youngie..you don’t trust me?” he asked, walking a little nearer to her.

“wonnie, i’m not dumb enough to not know what’s going on alright..”

“babe..”

She turned back to face him.

“What’s going on, really?”

Siwon stared at her for awhile.

“You’ve been talking in private whenever yesung oppa calls you, and you seem so secretive about something, is there something you’re not telling me?” she asked once more, sounding a little more serious than before.

Siwon said nothing, partly because he was a little frightened by her sudden mood change.

“Why do you always have to act so secretive whenever yesung oppa call you nowadays?”

“youngie..I am telling the truth.” He said, walking to her and placing his hands at the side of her arms.

She looked away.

“you’ve got to trust me alright?”

“wonnie i’m getting-“

“hey..hey..trust me youngie...” he interrupted her, now cupping her face to make her look at him. “I need you to trust me, nothing’s going on.”

He looked into her eyes, trying to make her buy his story. He could not, under any circumstance, let her find out about it.

“w-wonnie, i-i dont know-“ she mumbled, trying to look away when siwon made her face him again.

She stared at him for a moment, seeing him not joking around, she relented, not pressing on for further answers.

“okay...” she said. “okay, i believe you..”

Siwon felt a sign of relief in his stomach but he didn’t show it, he just smile and nodded, pulling her in for a hug when

“But if you’re not telling me something that i should know, you better start owning up alright?”

Siwon chuckled.

“I will hon..I will.” He hugged her, resting her head on his chest.

He had not realized that she was staring into blank space, they just stood there embracing each other while sooyoung wondered about their conversation.

“w-wonnie wouldn’t hide anything from me. Yes, he wouldn’t.” She thought to herself. “argh..choi sooyoung, have a little more faith in your husband!”

---------------------------------

A series of annoying door-bell rings got the tall brunette to start dragging her feet to her gates. Normally, the choi’s wouldn’t get any visits from anyone, not to say that they are anti-social or anything, but who pops by without informing them before hand? The only people that visited them were either really close friends or family members.

“I’m coming!!” sooyoung yelled, holding hae in in one hand while using the other to open the door.

Her eyes widened as her jaws hung down low, she was surprised to see who was standing in front of her.

“SOOYOUNGIE!!!!”

Sooyoung immediately started to crack a smile as she opened to greet the person back.

“FANY!!! OH MY GOSH!!” she said, getting all jumpy at the pleasant surprise.

“I’M BACK!!!!” the American girl said with as much enthusiasm as sooyoung was giving.

“OH MY! WAIT HERE FANY!” sooyoung said, disappearing for a moment before she came back with the house key.

Tiffany started squealing, heading into the house as she hugged sooyoung.

“OH MY WORD!!! SOOYOUNGIE!! I MISSED YOU!!!” 

“SAME HERE TOOOO! FANY!!! I MISSED YOU SO SO SO MUCH!” sooyoung squealed, before turning to hae in.

“hae in! Sweetheart! Come on say hi to auntie fany...”

The little seems to not recognise the American girl, as shown when she tilted her head slightly, staring at tiffany with those innocent eyes of her, she kept quiet.

Sooyoung smiled, bending down to pick her up as she brought her nearer to tiffany.

“honey? You don’t remember auntie fany?” she looked at her daughter, who had her eyes fixed on tiffany.

The little girl shook her head.

“awwwww...hae in, you don’t remember how fun i was?” tiffany asked, showing her eye smile.

That caused the little girl to giggle a little.

“aun-tie pani...”

Sooyoung exchanged looks with tiffany, before both started laughing.

“no no sweety..it’s auntie fany..”

“aun-tie pani..”

“oh sweety sweety..” sooyoung, pressing her forehead against the young girl.

Tiffany on the other hand, just laughed it off.

“haha, she is soooo cute....never mind then, how about we try auntie tiffany?”

Tiffany leaned forward a little more to hae in.

“hae in, let’s try that alright? Auntie tiffany..”

“aun-tie..ti-pa-ny”

“okok..” sooyoung interrupted. “how about we try in syllabus first..”

“seems like we’re gonna start my surprise visit to your house with learning how to pronounce.” Tiffany joked, pinching hae in’s cheeks.

 “yeap...she has to learn fany!”

Sooyoung then turn to hae in.

“hae in, say tiff..”

“tif..”

“haha that’s right hae in! Now say fa."

"fa..."

"haha you're almost there sweety! Now say ny."

"ny.."

"goodie! You're all set to go!!" Sooyoung, bouncing hae in up and down.

"alright, now say auntie Tiffany." 

"auntie tipany." the girl yet again pronounced it wrongly.

"argh!! I give up.." Sooyoung groaned as she placed a hand to her forehead. "auntie tipany it is then.."

The brunette then turns to her best friend, putting her little girl down.

"so auntie tipany!" Sooyoung mimicked hae in. "oh my goodness! I still can't believe you're here!!!"

They hugged once more, before parting and holding each other’s hand.

"yeap yeap!! I'm finally backed for good!"

"oh?! So that means sun sun is back too right? She's done-" sooyoung asked as the 2 friends sat on the couch.

"haha yeap! She's done with her overseas studies... it was her idea actually, to come back and surprise you and siwonnie and the little cute girl thats latching herself on your leg.."

Sooyoung looked down at hae in before looking back at Tiffany. Tiffany smiled.

"she's really grown up eh?" she said, smiling at the little girl. "the last time I saw her, she was still unable to walk and pronounce the word daddy properly, she keeps calling siwonnie dadda it so funny! At least shes gotten rid of that right?" 

"pfft..." Sooyoung rolled her eyes "fany, she still can't call wonnie daddy, she keeps calling him dadda.."

Tiffany's eyes widened. "oh my word!!! Haha seriously, siwonnie must be feeling sad over it, 3 years and she's still mistakenly pronouncing his name.."

"Nah he kinda likes that nickname, he’s been hearing that nickname for 3 years straight, he's grown to like it." Sooyoung cracked up a chuckle. "Besides, he's now not the only one whose still getting his name pronounced wrongly. Hae in’s still calling my mum gandmummy instead of grandmummy..and now there’s auntie tipany."

Tiffany giggled. “yeap...tipany..it sounds kind of cute..”

“of course it does sound cute! It’s hae in who made it..” sooyoung boast, ruffling with her daughter’s hair.”

Tiffany did the same too, before she started tickling hae in near the arm pit, causing the cheerful girl to cringe.

“Anyways, where’s siwonnie? Is he at work?”

Sooyoung nodded her head. “hey fany, let me get you a drink...”

“Oh sure..” tiffany said as her looked at sooyoung getting up the couch and going to the kitchen. She then called out to her. “So how’s life for you 3 chois?”

“hmmmm...same old same old! Nothing has changed really..”

“really?” tiffany asks as sooyoung came back with a packet of soft drink for her.

“yeah..well, i..”

“you what?” tiffany asked, playing with hae in.

“i-i might be..”

“you might be what? Haha out with it sooyoungie..”

Sooyoung breathe out slowly, before speaking.

“i think i might be pregnant again fany..”

The shorter of the friend immediately stopped her hand movements, freezing the moment she heard the word pregnant. Tiffany slowly turned her head to face sooyoung as her face slowly lit up in excitement.

“OH MY GOSH! YOU’RE PREGNANT AGAIN?!?!”

“i said i might be only..it’s not confirmed yet.”

“OMO SOOYOUNGIE!!” tiffany hugged her. “WHEN ARE THE RESULTS COMING BACK THEN?”

Sooyoung sighed.

“I’m not sure fany...I’m also hoping that it would come out soon...you see, i haven’t told wonnie about it yet..”

Tiffany shot a brow up.

“Hmmm? And why is that so sooyoungie?”

“I just want to make sure that it’s confirmed first before i tell him...I don’t want him to get his hopes high, what if i’m not you know, with a child. He’ll be totally disappointed.”

Tiffany nodded her head, replying with a ‘mmm’

“yea...i guess you better not tell him about it yet..wait till it’s confirm..but omo!!! It be really exciting if you are really pregnant! Just think about it, you both will be parenting another child, and hae in would have another sibling to play with! She’s might be going to be a older sister then..omo omo omo!!! ”

Sooyoung giggled at her.

“haha wow fany, you seem to be so excited, it’s as if you’re the one finding out whether you’re pregnant..”

“haha you wish sooyoungie! I don’t think i have the capability of bearing such pain..i mean can you imagine? Giving birth, having the on and off contractions, the kicking and constant mood swings? Not being able to fit in to clothes that you wanna wear and-“

“awwww fany stopped it! You’re making me wish i’m not going to have a child now!”

“Oh okay okay! I’ll stop hehe!”

“But look at the bright sight, if i’m really pregnant, then wonnie will start pampering me more..i get to boss him around!”

“haha! That’s the best part alright! Making your husband do everything for you..”

Sooyoung giggled, turning to hae in and carrying her up. She sat hae in on her lap.

“sweety, you might be going to be a older sister soon...are you excited?” she asked her little daughter while tiffany ruffled with her hair.

The girl just sat on her mother’s lap, keeping quiet as she started on her thumb again.

“omo! Hae in, stop your thumb! You’re a big girl already! thumbs are for babies.”

That being said, she took her hand out .

“Aawwww, she’s soooo cute!!!“ tiffany squealed, pinching the little girl’s cheeks.

“Anyways, sooyoungie, wanna have dinner together?” tiffany asked. “I guess i’ll be staying put in your house till we can leave for dinner..”

Sooyoung smiled, pulling hae in, closer to her chest.

“alright then, hey! How about we call sica-“

“yeap! Done that already, sun sun’s coming too!”

“oh my! Seems like its girls night out eh? You mind if i call-“

“seo? Yeap sure go ahead!”

“haha awesome!! I’ll get wonnie to look after hae in once he’s back..”

“haha yeap!! You do that! Oh man! This is seriously the best day! Not only am i back, i also get to spend time with my 4 other sisters!”

Sooyoung smiled.

“yeap yeap! Anyways, let me just call wonnie first to-“

Sooyoung felt a vibration in her pocket.

“hold on, i think wonnie is calling me..”

She took out her phone to see the id and true enough, it really was siwon. She picked up her phone.

“WONNIE! ARE YOU-“

“hey youngie...” he interrupted her. “I’ll be late for dinner...something’s crop up at work.”

Sooyoung pouted.

“you’re going to be home late? What’s wrong over-“

“Don’t wait up for me alright wifey? You need to take care of your body, especially when you’re feeling all sick ok?”

“O-ok...but wonnie-“

“I’ve got to be going now alright? You take care ok? Love you..”

Sooyoung pulled a long face, answering back solemnly.

“Alright then, i-i love you too...”

 Sooyoung then placed her phone on the table.

“Sooyoungie, is everything ok?” tiffany asked, placing a hand on the brunette’s arm.

Sooyoung smiled unconvincingly.

“I’m fine..”

“pfttt.” Tiffany scoffed. “yeah right, hey it doesn’t mean that me being gone for 3 years and only getting to visit only during sun sun’s break means i forgot that habit of yours.”

Sooyoung only sighed.

“I know you, you silly girl. If there’s something bothering you, you wouldn’t tell anyone about it, unless that person is siwonnie. Still, you only tell him certain stuffs, i mean-“

“hey! I do tell him everything, i-it’s just..”

“Just that you won’t tell him what’s bothering you if it’s about him?”

Sooyoung opened to speak, but no words came out. that earned a smirk from the eye smile princess.

“See.. I got you good! Now what’s up?” Tiffany asked, seeping on her straw.

 Sooyoung sighed once more, resting her chin on hae in’s head.

“It’s nothing big actually.” Sooyoung started. “it’s just, i think wonnie’s keeping something from me..”

“Hmmm? Like?”

“like..I don’t know fany..He’s been getting secretive over his work recently.”

“Secretive?”

“ yea...it’s like, whenever yesung oppa calls him, he takes the call outside or away from me. When i asked if everything was fine, he would just say it was and that i had nothing to worry about.”

“then don’t worry about it then..”

“But he getting all secretive and mysterious makes me worries more...what if, what if it’s something terrible? Like the other night, after coming home from the check up, i found yesung oppa, heechul oppa and another guy, if i’m not wrong, he said his name was kangin oppa. Yea.. They were all in my house that night. When i asked what they were doing here, they all seem panicky. As if they saw a ghost. Wonnie however, just told me they were here just to watch some soccer match..”

“Haha, sooyoungie..” tiffany said, placing a hand over her tall friend’s shoulder. “I’m sure you’re just overreacting, come on.. stop worrying too much.”

“But you see, wonnie doesn’t call people over to watch soccer, in fact, he doesn’t even watch them at all..”

“So are you implying that his lying to you?”

“I-i...”

“haha youngie..chill alright? I’m sure siwon knows what he’s doing, and that he wouldn’t keep a secret from you. Take it easy, if there’s a need to feel worry about, then i’ll give you something to worry about now. Just make sure and hope that you’re really pregnant, I want to see little choi 2 you know?”

Sooyoung stayed silent for awhile, not knowing what to say.

“sooyoungie..” tiffany said once more. “I know him, he wouldn’t be keeping anything from you, and even if he is, he just doesn’t want you to be all worried.”

“but-“

“trust me alright? You and i both know what kind of man he is. So don’t worry.”

Sooyoung sighed, before forcing a smile on a face.

“well, alright then, if you say so, i’ll just worry about the results then..”

“yeap..” tiffany nodded. “you better pray that you’re pregnant..”

“I’m pretty sure that i am, considering the symptoms i having. I’m 90% sure of it..”

“haha you go girl..” tiffany lightly punch sooyoung on the shoulder. “hey, i need to use the toilet, haha wait a while alright?”

Sooyoung smiled. “yea sure..”

The tall brunette then started staring into blank space, letting her mind think of what her husband, choi siwon was doing, but she quickly dismissed the thought, instead choosing to put her faith in him that he will know what to do.   

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors notes: Hey guys! I’m so so so so so so sorry for updating later than usual! I’ve been a bad author D:, been busy recently so i wasn’t able to update. Sorry for breaking my promise to some of you, saying that i will update later in the day but didnt in the end. But tadaaaaa! Here’s an update!! I’ll try my very very best to update soon alright? In the mean time let’s just spazzed over the recent soowon dance at the gayo daejun thingy! Haha awesomeness! Cheers! :D