Chapter 3

Detectives: Agents In Trouble (sequal to Detectives)

‘beep beep...beep beep...beep beep...beep be-‘

siwon slammed on the clock’s button, turning off the alarm. He slowly removed his arms from sooyoung’s waist, wanting her to carry on with her sleep, that’s when her hands grabbed a hold of his arms. He looked at her surprised.

“mmmm...” she yawned, stretching a little.

“5 more mins wonnie..” she mumbled, opening her eyes. “just give me 5 more mins..”

Siwon chuckled, lying back on bed as he hugged sooyoung. He kissed her cheeks.

“ok hon...5 more mins..”

She smiled.

“I feel safe being in your arms..” she said softly, shifting her eyes to hae in.

“Haha yea?” siwon asked, spinning her around to make her face him.

“yeap...superman...”

“haha...superman..” he said. “you know what superman wants to do now? Superman wants to kiss his wife badly..”

He move in closer to kiss her, but she tilted her head backwards, placing a hand gently on his lips.

“n-no wonnie...no..Hae in might-“

“Then just let her see...you come here now..” He placed his hands on her hips, reeling her into him as he claimed her lips.

“a-alright...wonnie...y-you need to go...to....work..” sooyoung said, pushing him off her.

“only 3 mins pass youngie..come on 2 more mins of cuddling together before i really need to go.”

“mm-no...go get changed now..”

“okok fine...whatever...you’re the big boss here..” siwon backed away from the bed, getting up. His wife just smiled at him before she turned back to her daughter.

She was still sleeping, like a log.

Sooyoung placed a hand on hae in’s shoulders.

“hae in? Sweety...wake up..”

She didn’t respond.

Sooyoung shook her a little, trying once more but she wouldn’t wake up. Siwon chuckled looking at her. His wife turned back to look at him.

“What’s so funny?”

“haha..nothing youngie...” he said. “It’s just...i think she got that from you..”

“From me?”

“yeap....you’re so hard to wake..”

Sooyoung scoffed, slapping her husband’s arm lightly.

“Yah! If I was so hard to wake, i wouldn’t have woken up if the alarm sounded off.”

“That was just a miracle...it rarely happens..”

“so are you implying that I’m a pig that just laze around?” sooyoung sat up straight, siwon follow suit.

“Nope...” he answered, folding his arms. “Not pig...”

Contented with the answer, she leaned forward to peck him.

“You’re a boar..” siwon said after he parted with her

That earned him his wife’s wrath, she reached for his s, pinching them hard and twisting them

Siwon’s eyes shot up as he yelled out in pain.

“OWWWWW-MMMM!!”

Sooyoung clam his mouth shut.

“Don’t you dare scream wonnie! Hae in’s still sleeping..”

“MMMMMM!!” he batted her hand away from his mouth.

“Didn’t you want her to wake up? Wifey!!! That hurts...ALOT!!”

He started patting his chest, rubbing them.

Sooyoung just grinned.

“well I don’t want her waking up and crying..”

“Ya, let me do all the crying instead.” Siwon said “argh youngie!!”

“you be quiet there...less you want to have another shot..”

Siwon pinched his index finger and thumb together, bringing them up to his lips as he slides them over his mouth.

-Police station-

The team were reunited with heechul after 3 long years, it was great to have him visit them, but at the same time, it wasn’t all that great. His sole purpose on visiting the team was to deliver some bad news to them. He wasn’t alone either.

“So what are your plans now? Heenim hyung?” siwon asked. Still unable to digest what he heard from Heechul yesterday night.

Heechul sighed.

“There’s nothing much we can do..we have no idea where they brought him to” he said, turning to see kangin. “Kangin here, was the one who told me of his situation.”

The team turned to look at kangin and his team of men.

“s-sorry, but who are they?” Kibum asked.

“Oh my, my apologies, i haven’t introduced myself.” Kangin took a step forward. “My name is Kangin..I’m the assistant swat leader of my team..”

Kangin then turn to his team.

“well...not everyone is here...as you can see, theres only 3 of us who accompany heechul here today...here’s eunhyuk.”

He pointed to one of his rather slim but slender guy of average height. The guy known as eunhyuk stepped forward.

“He’s my sort of like my ninja in the group.” Kangin said. “he does the scouting and all that....he’s a real goof sometimes too. You can call him hyukjae or monkey, i choose the latter.”

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. “yeah thanks a lot boss...”

He recovered quickly though. “yeap...nice to meet you guys anyways...”

He took a step back.

“and this here..is my knife specialist, Junho..” he said as the guy beside eunhyuk nodded. “yea..he’s not really good with words though, he likes to be cool...”

 “oh..i see i see..” Jessica said.

“hey...” siwon spoke up suddenly. “if you’re the assistant squad leader...then whose the leader of the team?”

Kangin smiled. “well, you’ve worked with him 3 years ago...you should know by now..”

Kangin shifted his eyes to heechul, causing everyone, save for yesung, to have their jaws wide open.

“yeap...thats right..heechul here is a swat leader...pretty cool eh?” yesung said, leaning his back against the wall with his hands folded.

“h-heenim hyung i-is a swat leader?” ryeowook asked.

“haha..hey hey hey! What’s so shocking about me being a leader?” heechul asked. “Don’t i look like one?”

“ha ha ha...n-not  really..” Jessica answered.

“owww ice princess! That hurts!” heechul joked. “But anyways guys, there’s still 2 more members from our team that are not here...”

“I see i see..” kibum said.

“guys....”

Everyone turned to face yesung, the team leader walked a step closer to s.

“heechul here, has something to ask of us...so i really do hope you give him your full support..”

Yesung then turn to heechul.

“Go ahead buddy...”

Heechul dropped his goofiness, turning serious as he walked to his swat member’s side.

“Alright friends..you know the reason why we’re here, and you’re already informed of yunho’s kidnapping.” The swat leader looked back at his team. “We’re here to ask you for a favour...”

“which is?” ryeowook tilt his head to side.

“To help us deal with the triad at hand...”

The team all shut up, not knowing of what to say.

“You guys.” Heechul started. “Dealt with them before, you raided one of their ware house before, just 5 of you guys..heck, siwon even fought with one of the them, hint, chansung, before.”

“but there’s nothing much we can do...” Jessica spoke. “we’re just-“

“Neighbourhood police.” Kibum helped her finished her sentence. “This is a triad we’re talking about..”

“Guys..Didn’t you complained before about not being able to catch chansung?” heechul said, causing the rest to keep silent. “You said you wanted to catch them right?”

“thats right guys...didn’t you all told me you wanted to catch him for all the mishaps that happened 3 years ago?” yesung asked. “i know it’s a little too much to ask of you guys...but if we work together, we would definitely be able to catch the criminals..”

“But what about the neighbourhood?” ryeowook asked.

“The higher ups will get other branches to help us facilitate the district here.” Heechul said. “That’s if you guys are willing to help us with the chansung slash triad case.”

“h-hyung..i dont-“

“Please?” yesung pleaded as the team looked on.

They were still pondering on it, until siwon suddenly stood up.

“I’ll lend a hand to help you guys..” siwon said as his team mates looked at him.

“s-siwon?”

“look...” siwon said. “I know it’s only 2 people of the triad that caused us so much pain..chansung and his father. One killed hyung and the other brought harm to my wife, then- girlfriend...that aside, he even stabbed me.”

He turned to his team mates

 “But I was thinking about it, that if this 2 were capable of doing such feats, what more about the other ‘club members’ in their ‘club’?”

“siwon..”

“The thought of that just leaves me wondering, what would happen to other people who encounters them? They would suffer” 

“but won won...we can’t keep EVERYONE safe” Jessica said.

“But we can bring down the numbers of people getting killed right?”

Jessica was left speechless hearing that.

Siwon continued on. “I decided I’m gonna help nab them. Besides, I have yet to get back at chansung for harming youngie..” siwon explained.

“I want to help with this...so count me in..if we were to catch chansung, the news will spread throughout the triad. Chansung, after all, is one of the more important people in that stupid ‘club’ of theirs right? They would need to save him if anything wrong happens.”

Yesung nodded his head.

“Hmmm alright then, you made your resolve...” yesung turned to his team mates. “What about you guys? Siwon’s helping..are you gonna help us catch them? Or are you going to just let those bad broods get away?”

The others looked hesitant, until kibum suddenly spoke up.

“argh!! Whatever! Count me in, won won has a point too.”

“yeap..” ryeowook was the next to speak. “We can’t let them harm anymore people right? I’m in too..”

Jessica nodded. “Me three! After all, i dont wanna miss all the fun and action..”

The swat members all begin smiling, glad that they have an extra set of hands to help them.

“haha! great!!! We’re be working together again!!!” heechul squealed

“oh shut up heech, stop squealing like a girl.” Yesung punched his arm.

“you’re mean!! I’m not a girl!”

“haha yea whatever..”

“oh guys....” siwon suddenly spoke up. “Could you not let my wife know about this?”

“soo?”

“yea...I don’t want her to be worrying too much about it..”

“Ok sure no problem! Your secrets are safe with me” Jessica said with a big smile plastered on her face

Her team members tried hard not to laugh, much to her annoyance.

“What?!”

“sica...y-you’re quite the blabber you know..i wouldn’t trust you with this..” kibum joked.

“what was that?!”

“sica...”

She turned back to face siwon.

“yea won won?”

“seriously...don’t tell youngie about it...i’ll skin you alive if you do tell her..”

“oh come on won won! You need to trust me a tad more..i can keep a secret!”

“yeah...says the person who keeps telling us secrets about donghae..” Kibum said.

“HEY! SHUT UP!” she yelled.

“er er...sica baby..d-dont l-l-leave me with at h-h-home alone..i-i-i’m scare of the ghost..” kibum imitated donghae as jessica’s mouth started twitching a little, cracking into a small smile. She tried hard not to laugh even a single bit.

“haha see! You’re already laughing!” Kibum joked.

“t-that’s different!” she protested. “i-it was funny!”

Kibum raised up both hands.

“Point proven...you can’t keep a secret..”

“HEY! THAT WAS DIFFERENT, HE WAS SOO CUTE, I MEAN COME ON, WHOSE STILL BELIEVES IN GHOSTS?!”

Everyone present in the room burst out laughing, wondering who this donghae was. He sure sounded spastic. Jessica grew bright red after realizing what happened.

“Yunho...wait a while more, I’ll come find you..” siwon thought to himself.

---------------------------------

“I’m back!!” siwon said, closing the door behind him as his eyes wandered the living room. “Honey? Where are you?”

Moments later, sooyoung came to his view as she appeared from the kitchen.

“Wonnie! You’re back.” She leapt into his arms, kissing him.

“Haha hey hottie...” he said, taking a peep behind his wife. “Where’s the little girl?”

“In the room playing with seo..”

“seo’s here?” siwon asked as he placed an arm over sooyoung’s shoulders, making their way to the room.

“haha yeap...Hae in wanted to play with her so i called her..”

“Oh haha...i see..” Siwon said as the couple entered the room where seohyun and hae in were.

“Hey sweety! Daddy’s home!”

“dada..” Hae in said, stopping whatever game she was playing with seohyun and ran into her father’s embrace. Siwon lifted her up, pecking her cheeks before looking at seohyun.

“Oh hey seo! How are you?”

Seohyun smiled as she got up.

“haha fine siwon oppa..you?”

“yeap..i’m doing fine..how’s the kids at kindergarden?”

Seohyun groaned a little. “urgh...In my 3 years of being a kindergarden teacher, i have never ever seen such noisy and boomz class before..they’re a little getting on my nerves..”

The couple laughed at their little sister.

“Oh my, seo is frustrated? Haha!”  siwon joked.

“haha its not that siwon oppa...i mean hyper active kids are still alright, i can still handle them. We’re talking about ultra active kids..They are like, seriously scary things...” she shuddered at the thought of that.

“haha well..its a good thing our little hae in’s not like them right?” sooyoung said as she pecked her daughter’s lips. “right hae in?”

Seohyun laughed

“Yeap you got that right unnie....” seohyun said. “so anyways unnie..when is the second one coming out?”

Sooyoung’s eyes nearly budge out her sockets.

“What was that-“

Siwon suddenly cut her off when he got her by the hips, pulling her to his side.

“We’re working on that, right youngie?” He shot his brows up.

Sooyoung elbowed him to his sides while seohyun just laughed.

“Haha you’re so funny siwon oppa. But i really do want to have another niece..”

“alright hae in..time to say goodbye to your aunt..” sooyoung eyed seohyun before going to her younger sister’s side and pushing her out the room,

“er u-unnie! I was just kidding.”

“huh sorry i can’t hear you...” sooyoung said as she took hae in from siwon’s arms.

“say bye bye hae in..aunt seo has to go..”

“unnie! You can’t do this! Siwon oppa! Help!”

Siwon just laughed helplessly. “I’m sorry seo..your sister wants you out..i can’t help you on this one.”

The older choi sibling just ignored her, pushing her to the door.

“Oh seo...you better go home now, mummy must be really lonely back home..”

“unnie-“

“bye bye!”

She slammed the door shut before seohyun could finish talking.

Siwon got her by the shoulders as she placed hae in down.

“haha youngie...that was so mean of you..”

“you be quiet there! Why didn’t you speak up for me? That was totally embarrassing!”

Siwon laughed as he started messaging sooyoung’s shoulders. “haha alright alright I’m sorry ok? Anyways, why are you so sensitive about it when we agreed on having a second one?”

“It’s just too weird discussing this kind of stuff in front of seo, i mean..she’s my baby sister.”

“haha whatever youngie..come on lets eat..i’m hungry..” siwon said, turning to hae in. “hae in! Sweety, time to eat!”

Hae in nodded, dropping her toys as she made her way to the dining table.

Siwon reached for a bowl of rice, intending to eat it but sooyoung slapped his hands.

“owww! What’s wrong now?!” he yelled.

“that’s mine! Yours is the smaller one!” sooyoung said, handing him the smaller bowl. Siwon only looked at her in disbelief as he took the bowl from her.

“Aish! I work my at the police station the whole day and this is how much rice i get at night..”

Sooyoung stick out her tongue. “Just eat and stop complaining!”

“Just eat and stop complaining..” siwon imitated her, causing hae in to laugh.

He turned to her.

“haha sweety, don’t follow mummy alright? Watch your diet when you eat! Don’t be a glutton like mummy.”

Sooyoung slammed the chopsticks on the table.

“Choi siwon!-”

“WAIT!” he said. “I wasn’t done speaking to her.”

He turned to hae in once more.

“but grow up to be as beautiful and pretty as her alright?”

Hae in stuff the tiny bits of rice into , shaking her head.

Sooyoung shimmer down.

“That’s better...”

“It’s true though youngie...you’re beautiful you know that?”

She started blushing.

“Oh wonnie..stop it and eat.”

With that, she took up some veg and stuffed it in his mouth.

---------------------------------

Blood trickled down his forehead as his vision swayed back and forth around the room his was in. His hands were restrained, tied up and suspended from the ceiling, he felt his voice weakening. He had difficulty breathing, he was so exhausted but he couldn’t seat down.

“hah.......hah.......hah...”

His panting was getting softer by the moment. He was tired from standing but he couldn’t seat down.

‘BISH!’

He didn’t had the strength to yell out anymore, he just groaned a little.

‘BISH BISH BISH! CRACK!’

The wooden plank snapped into 2 when his captor hit him too hard.

He spat out blood as he looked at captor. Even though he had been tortured and bashed for as long as he was being held captive, his eyes never fail to look stern.

“hah......hah.....hah..”

“haha! what’s with the look u-know?! Trying to act tough now are we? HUH?!”

Chansung punched him in the abdomens.

‘groans’

“haha! how does it feels u-know? It hurts right?”

Yunho smirked.

“hah...hah....hah....i-is..t-that the best...y-you could do?”

Amusement spread over chansung’s face, he spat out the little tooth pick from his mouth as he took up another piece of wooden plank, whacking him on the back with brute force. It snapped upon contact.

Yunho tighten his eye lids together, trying best to endure the pain.

“haha...you know?” chansung said, rubbing his nose. “You’re a really funny guy..i’ve been keeping you here for what? The past 3 days and you’re still blabbering. LIKE AN IDIOT! HAHAHAHA!”

He held a hand to his forehead as he started laughing maniacally. Yunho looked on in disgust.

“tch..h-how....i-in...the world...d-did i get...caugh..by a-a nutcase...l-like....you?”

“simple...” chansung walked around him. “It’s cause i’m good at hide and seek, i’m a really good seeker..”

Yunho scoffed.

“y-yea....right....y-you couldn’t..ev-en catch me...for...t-the..past 3 years..” he mocked him. “s-some seeker...”

Chansung smiled, he held a hand to yunho’s face, slapping them playfully.

“oh come on....i was just having fun..i wanted the game to last longer..”

“oh...that so?”

“haha..u-know, you crack me up sometimes you know? I mean, who would still play along with their captor when they are on the losing end?”

“haha....t-that...will..be me..”

Chansung chuckled, he took a chair and placed it in front of yunho, sitting on it.

“so that phone of yours? It has a tracker device on it eh? That’s pretty cool..”

Yunho said nothing, he just stared at him.

“i should totally have that installed on my men’s phone too..”

Yunho chuckled a little.

“w-what...a...copy-cat...”

“Oh shut up...who are you to say anything? Hey in case you haven’t notice...i still have plenty of wooden planks..”

“oh? T-that...just ....for me...”

“haha yeah...so zip it...oh i will ram one into your face...”

“haha....b-bring it..” yunho taunted him

Chansung finally turned serious, getting up his chair and turning away from yunho, he scoffed before taking up the chair and sending it crashing on yunho’s head.

“oh my...y-you helped me...with..the i-itchiness...o-on...my head..”

“Oh? Is that so?” chansung asked.

“y-yeah...c-can you...d-do me a f-favour? H-hit me...on...t-the r-right side...it itches..”

Chansung laughed.

“you’re a really funny guy u-know....Alright then!”

Chansung got to the other side of the room, taking up a wooden plank. He walked right back up to yunho as he held one hand to his neck, ready to send the wooden plank to his face. He was about to take a swing when his cell phone rang.

“argh..” he let go of yunho.

“who could be calling me now?”

“yeah whats up?” he spoke into the phone.

“yeah..its me..” the voice spoke back.

“Oh hey!! Whats up?”

Chansung walked around the room, listening to whoever was speaking to him. His brows suddenly shot up.

“H-he’s alive?”

The called lasted another 10 seconds or so before chansung ended the call, he started laughing as he walked up to yunho.

“hah.....hah......hah....w-whats the m-matter?” yunho asked.

“haha u-know...you didn’t tell me he was still alive..”

“w-what....are....y-you talking....a-about?”

“you know! Siwon! My buddy! Hahah! You didn’t tell me he was alive and well!”

“w-wow...t-took you l-long..enough..” yunho scoffed. “h-how you know?”

“well...one of my man spotted him recently...he wasn’t quite sure whether it was him so he decided to have a ‘closer’ view of him..when he did...it was really confirmed that he was alive and well..”

“oh...goo-die..”

“haha i thought i killed him you know?” chansung said. “oh well then, guess i can go pay him a little visit when i’m free...”

Chansung then looked at yunho.

“You’re lucky i’m in a good mood today, let’s call it a close tonight alright? More beating and blood tomorrow ok?”

He slapped yunho’s face as he exited out of the room.