Chapter 12

Detectives: Agents In Trouble (sequal to Detectives)

“youngie talk to me....are they closing in on us?” siwon asked his wife. Sooyoung on the other hand just glued her eyes onto the rear view mirror, looking at the black convoy. Fear was starting to arouse in her chest, her heart thumping wildly against her chest.

“Youngie...” siwon calls her once more, still fixing his eyes on the road.

The brunette looks back at her husband.

“T-they are a-about 5 cars behind..” she stutters, turning her gaze back on the rear view mirror.

The traffic turns red, signalling for siwon to stop his car. He then looks at sooyoung, who turns to look back at him, frightful. She was about to take another look at the 2 mysterious guys following them when siwon held her face, kissing her on the lips. They parted a while later before siwon grabs her hand and lifted it up, giving it a little squeeze. Even in the midst of all this, siwon still manages, to somehow show a smile, he shows sooyoung a smirk, before resting his forehead against hers.

“Youngie...it’s going to be alright..I’m here..” he kisses her again on the lips.

Seeing siwon smile gave sooyoung some form of assurance, she found herself panicking less, though the fear was still lingering.

Siwon then places a hand on her tummy, gently rubbing them.

“Baby...tell mummy not to worry too much alright?” siwon says, looking at her tummy. “Tell mummy that everything’s going to be ok and that daddy will protect her, hae in and you, ok?”

siwon looks back up at sooyoung, who only looks back at him, her eyes looking teary, though it wasn’t much. Up till now, it still kinds of surprise her how siwon could still say something cheesy in the midst of this dire situation. She smiles a little, earning siwon’s smirk.

“That’s more like it babe..”

“wonnie..t-the traffic..go..” she points out at the traffic light, tugging on siwon’s sleeves to get him to drive.

Siwon did as he was told, stepping on his pedals as he starts driving again.

“Tell me if they closing in on us alright beautiful?” siwon says, glancing at sooyoung, who nods in respond. He then fixes his eyes on the road.

“hyung...please find us soon”

---------------------------------

siwon looks at his top mirror, monitoring the black convoy’s movements every now and then. He’s been driving on the road for quite some time now, having to turn to this junction, that junction, stopping at every traffic light. He was hoping to lose them at the previous traffic, where he had intended to make a dash for the traffic before it turned red, hoping that the people tailing them would not be able to make it after the traffic. But boy was he wrong when they too picked up their speed.

siwon decided that it was time to stop trying to get them off their tracks, he had to go on the offence, but not out in the public, somewhere, quieter. He lets his eyes wander around the surrounding neighbourhood, hoping to at least draw them away from public eyes. That’s when he’s eyes fell upon a 5 storey high building.

Car park.

That’s right! The carpark, perfect.

“hon, take the wheels..” siwon says, causing sooyoung to drop all attention from keeping watch. She turns to him with a mark of horror plastered onto her face.

“w-what?” she questions him again, only for siwon to ignore her.

She decides to not question him any further, going along with whatever idea he was planning. Sooyoung and siwon both had a bit of difficulty trying to switch place with one another, nearly driving the car into another if it won’t for sooyoung grabbing a hold of the steering wheel. When they finally did manage to switch positions, siwon begins to instruct her on where to go.

“Youngie, head over to the car park and drive all the way to the roof top.”

“wonnie, what are you planning on doing?” she asks him but he ignores her, immediately starting to speak after she was done talking.

“Stop when I tell you to stop and drive when I tell you to drive, can do babe?”

Sooyoung obediently listens to him, nodding her head as he nods back. She then turns to her left, entering the multi –storey high car park, siwon glances back to check on the black car, seeing them driving into the car park.

“keep going  youngie..” siwon says, paying close attention to the vehicle behind them.

Sooyoung starts driving up the spiral like slope, passing levels 1 2 3 4 until they finally reached the rooftop, that’s when siwon suddenly grabs onto the steering wheel, roughly turning it to left.

“Youngie, break! Now!” he orders and she steps onto the break, causing the wheels to screech as they left dark, dirty prints on the floor, the car starts drifting, spinning around before stopping all of the sudden, causing the chois to jerked a little in their seat. They were able to stop the car in time to see the black one doing likewise, in front of them. Both parties stayed in their car, not coming out.

“wonnie..” sooyoung says, looking at siwon, her heart thumping harder against her chest.

“kay..youngie..” siwon starts. “Listen to me alright? We’re going to have keep them chasing us here, till hyung arrives.”

“wonnie..”

Without a warning, siwon opens the car door, stepping out of the vehicle.

“wonnie! What are you doing?! Get back in!” she yells, only to have Siwon close the door in reply.

“wonnie!” she shouts, pressing on one of the car’s button to lower down the window. “Get back in!”

“Youngie drive..” he pats the hood of his car, before approaching the black car at the opposite direction.

“wonnie!” sooyoung shouts once more, getting out the car too.

Siwon was already halfway towards the car when he feels himself getting pulled back. He finds himself face to face with his wife.

“Choi Siwon! You’re not doing this to me again!” she tightens her hold on him, and siwon could feel her hands shivering.

“Youngie, get back into the car, I’ll be fine. Don’t distract me. If-“

“You two won’t be going anywhere.” A voice says, and siwon and sooyoung both turned to see who was speaking. One of the men in the car came out, slowly approaching them as siwon pushed sooyoung behind him, the brunette clutches the back of her husband’s t-shirt.

“I suppose that you were send by someone to take care of me?” siwon asked, and is awarded a smirk in return.

“More like, bringing you to him.” He replies back, taking a step forward.

Siwon backs away, pushing sooyoung further back.

“youngie..” he mutters and he feels sooyoung tightening her hold on his back.

“Please kindly come with us, or we’re going to have to do this the hard way.”

“w-wonnie..”

“Look, I don’t know who you are..” siwon answers the man. “And I don’t feel like going with you, so how about you leave me and my wife alone? Come on youngie, let’s go..”

Siwon grabs sooyoung’s wrist, dragging her back to the car. They were about a few feet away from their car when they heard the sound of engines coming to life.

Siwon turns back, quickly pushing sooyoung towards the car.

“Youngie! Quick, get in and drive away from here!” he yells, quickly grabbing onto both hands of the man, who had tried to stab him from behind when they were walking back.

“wonnie!-“

“GO!” he cuts her off, still struggling to push back the man.

Sooyoung hesitantly gets back to her car, quickly closing the doors shut as she starts her engines just in time to avoid the other car from banging hers. She did as she was told and she quickly drives away, with the other villain behind in pursuit.

--

Siwon sighs mentally when he sees sooyoung driving away. He quickly turns back to face his opponent when he hears him grunting louder.

“GAHHH!!!”

The man pushes harder, trying hard to stab siwon but the detective wasn’t really impressed. He kicks his attacker in the guts, causing him to move back a little. The man, lifts a hand up to dust the part of his shirt where siwon had just kicked him. He scrawls at siwon, before making his stance, attempting to intimidate siwon.

“Look, you don’t want to do this. Trust me.” Siwon nonchalantly says, ignoring the fact that the man was wielding a knife in his hand.

The man screams at him, before charging at siwon like a mad bull. Siwon then slants his body to the side, causing the man to run past siwon, who in turn, quickly grabs a hold of his collar, pulling him back before punching him hard in the face. The man drops to the floor, wincing in pain as the knife flies out of his hand, rattling as it hits the floor. Said person tried the get back his knife, only for siwon to step onto his hand reaching for the knife. The man looks back up at siwon, who wags a finger at him.

“Don’t..”

Not heeding his advice, he tries his luck at siwon once more, not even getting close to moving a muscle as siwon swings a powerful kick to his face, knocking him unconscious.

“That was quick..” siwon says. “Now for the one chasing youngie..”

Siwon quickly heads over to the staircase.

--

“ahhhhhhh, mum-my!” hae in’s dolphin screams only distracted sooyoung, who was still driving away from the black car, which suspiciously wasn’t seen anywhere behind them.

“h-hae in want d-adda!” hae in screams.

“Hae in, don’t cry, there’s nothing to worry about.” Sooyoung says when suddenly, she hears a loud thud coming from the car’s hood. She widens her eyes in shock, seeing as the man who was supposedly in the black car was latching himself on their car, staring directly at her. He must have figured out that with all the turning they’ll be doing, that taking the stairs would be better option if he wanted to catch them.

Sooyoung screams, stopping the car. The man is thrown back to the ground upon such sudden action, rolling a few metres away from the car. He quickly recovers though, getting up and taking out his knife. Sooyoung knows she has to drive, but she’s paralyzed with fear. She doesn’t move, instead, she pressed onto a button, causing the locks on all 4 sides of the door to lock.

The man then approaches them slowly, grinning at sooyoung. He makes his way to sooyoung’s side of the door, causing sooyoung to look away.

‘knock knock.’

She is forced to look at him when she hears him knocking, and at that moment, sooyoung wished she hadn’t. He was his knife in such an animistic behaviour, disgusting and at the same time, frightening sooyoung.  The man then lifts his knife up, attempting to break the windows. Panic overtook the brunette’s mind and she closes her eyes shut, not knowing what to do.

Her eyes open again when she hears a muffled voice calling out her name. She then sees siwon rushing towards the man just in time to tackle him to the ground.

“w-wonnie!” she screams, getting out her car, half elated to see her husband and half worried for him.

The man recovers faster than siwon, he kicks Siwon in the guts, causing the detective to groan in pain, rolling to the side.   "wonnie!" she screams, alerting
the man, he tries to make a dash for Sooyoung but Siwon tackles him down once more, siwon gets up first this time round but the man kicks Siwon in the
stomach when he attempted to grab him, causing siwon to stagger backwards. Shaking that off, Siwon then proceeds to carry him up and throw him
towards the car's hood, he manages to bring one of the man's arms to his back, only to have him use his other hand to take out another knife, swinging it
towards Siwon. The knife cuts over Siwon's shirt, barely missing him, he then kicks Siwon away. The villain then set his sights on Sooyoung. Once more,
he dashes towards Sooyoung, only to have Siwon intercept him once again, they struggled to get on top of the other, continuously rolling over and over till
one of them got what he wanted, the villain manages to get the dominion side over Siwon, he has Siwon under him, trying hard to stab him with the knife,
siwon however, wasn’t going down without a fight.

"wonnie!!!" sooyoung wants to help, but again, panic was obstructing her, rendering her useless

 

Seeing as siwon was using both hands to push the knife away, the villain then punches him at his sides, hoping to weaken him. siwon grunts, jerking a
little, allowing the man to push the knife closer towards siwon. With that, siwon groans a few more times when the man sends more punches to his side.
The knife was close to siwon’s chest, almost reaching and tearing into his skin when suddenly.   

"DROP THE KNIFE PAL!!" a voice seemingly comes in from nowhere, grabbing hold of Sooyoung, Siwon and the man's attention.   

They looked at the direction where the voice was coming from, seeing yesung with kibum ryeowook and Jessica alongside him. The leader has his gun
pointed at the vigilant.   

"hyung!" Siwon says, using the man’s distraction to push him off. Sooyoung then rushes over to his side.   

"wonnie.." she says, helping him up.   

The man then looks at the group of detective, not moving an inch of his muscle.   

"Siwon you okay?" yesung asks, still aiming his gun at villain.   

"y-yea.." Siwon replies back, grabbing onto his wife's hand, whose hands were tightening in his. "What took you guys so long?"   

"Zzzzz..what's with that won won?!" Jessica snaps. "we came all the way here just to give you a helping hand and we don't get no thank yous?!"   

Siwon raises his hand, pushing it forward and waving it at Jessica. "ha ha, no that's not what I meant-"   

"guys.." yesung interrupts them. "can we focus? Siwon, soo, go get hae in. We'll keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't try anything funny."   

"got it.." Siwon nods. "youngie go get hae in."   

Sooyoung nods in respond, heading back into the car to carry hae in up.   

Just then, they heard someone’s phone ringing. The man whose phone was ringing only looked at his pocket.   

"pick it up." yesung orders the man.   

The man listens, fishing out his phone from his pocket and answering his phone. He's eyes never leaving yesung.   

"yes boss?"   

The team looks at him, watching the man raise a brow in a questioning yet terrified look. He held down his phone seconds later.   

"you done?" yesung ask. "Then throw the phone over to us.."   

The man looks at him awhile, he lifts his hands up high, before throwing the phone down to the floor with enough force to shatter its small body, yesung
widens his eyes.   

"NO DON'T!!"   

Too late, he sees the phone breaks apart upon hitting the concrete floor.   

While yesung had his eyes off the fellow, he immediately sprinted for the balcony of the car park, intending to commit suicide.   

"Hyung!!" ryeowook screams in time to see the man jump off the car park and to his death.   

The girls screamed while the other 4 guys just stood there, distress over what had just happened.

 Kibum immediately sprints over to where the guy had jumped to his death, he looks down at the ground floor.   

"Hyung! There’s another body!!” kibum exclaims, turning to look at the rest. Everyone jolted from where they were standing, with the 3 other guys heading
over to kibum’s side.

Upon seeing the other body, lying motionless at ground level, siwon’s eyes widen.

“t-that other guy...h-he was chasing us too..” siwon explains to the other 3 with him.

“w-what?” ryeowook turns to look at siwon.

“What’s going on?” kibum wonders out loud. “Why are they killing themselves?”

Yesung only sighs while all 4 just stared below on the ground level, people were starting to crowd over the dead bodies.   

"wookie, bum, go settle everything below..manage the crowds, get the paramedics to get here asap.”

"Got it hyung!” the 2 buddies replied at the same time.   

"go you two.." yesung says and both friends started heading down.   

Yesung then turns back to the others, looking at siwon. "Siwon, you 3 ok?"   

Siwon shows a thumb up. "no problem hyung, we're-OUCH!!!"   

Siwon yells when Sooyoung slaps him hard on the arm. He starts rubbing his arm, looking at his wife.   

"youngie! What was that for?!"   

"When are you going to stop worrying me?!" she shouts   

Hearing that, he goes from loud to silent, looking down at the floor, not speaking a word at all.   

"If you ever do anything like that again, I'll rip you to shreds myself!" she screams once more.   

Yesung and Jessica only watches sooyoung reprimand siwon.   

"alright alright fine youngie...I-"   

"what If they had guns?! Have you thought of what would happen to you?!"   

"babe just calm down please.." Siwon says, hugging her. "I'm sorry alright? Don't scold me anymore. Come on hae in is here, don’t let her think that we’re
arguing again."

The brunette breaths through her noise rather angrily, not speaking anymore. She didn’t want hae in thinking her parents were arguing again.

“siwon...” yesung suddenly calls out to him. siwon turns to face yesung.

“yeah hyung?”    

“We need to discuss some stuff, but let’s head back to the station first alright? Bring soo and your little girl along..”

 “Yea.. n-no problem..” siwon replies back, looking at sooyoung.

--------------------------------- 

Once there, in yesung’s office, the team leader and husband explained the situation to sooyoung, on how they both thought that staying in their home would only increase the risk of them having more troubles and that they had to leave their home and find somewhere else to stay. The brunette wasn’t taking what she was hearing positively.

“y-you mean, we’re going to here to leave?” sooyoung asks, looking at yesung.

Yesung nods, before starting.

“Soo, I’m sure you know it’ll be dangerous if you 3 to continue on staying there.”

“Hyung’s right youngie..” siwon says, patting his daughter’s hair as he turned to look at sooyoung. “You saw how those 2 people were on to us, how they tried attacking us. We need to leave immediately.”

The brunette looks back at her husband, her eyes protruding, she didn’t know what to say. She breaks her gaze with siwon, looking down at her hands.

“You guys have to leave right away...get whatever belongings you can and head out.” yesung speaks but sooyoung wasn’t listening at all. All she could think of right now was the moving out of their house.

Having to leave her home of 3 years, which she has grown too fond of and attached too, her heart just couldn’t take it. Not being able to live their everyday lives the same from now on, only made her want to scream her heart out. She isn’t kin on any of this.

“Look soo, it’s the right thing to-“

“yesung oppa..” she interrupts him.

Sooyoung lifts her head up to look at yesung, who only looked at her bewilderedly before she started speaking again.

“i-if you don’t mind..i want to speak with wonnie here.. in private.”

Yesung looks at siwon, not knowing what to do or say but siwon just shakes his head, to indicate that it was fine. Yesung nods before heading towards the door to make his leave.

“I’ll be outside...” he says one last time, before closing his office door.

Sooyoung looks back at the door where yesung had just went out off, before looking at siwon. The handsome lad got off his seat before placing hae in down the floor.

“Sweety, why don’t you play with your toys here for awhile? Daddy and mummy need to talk.” He says, ruffling the little girl’s hair.

That being done, he then looks at sooyoung before walking to her, he sighs before offering her his hand, which she takes. Siwon then walks her to the far end of the office where he then starts.

“Youngie-”

Sooyoung places her hand on his lips, causing him to keep quiet and to look at her.

“Just don’t speak now...hold me..”

She lets her body slump forward towards siwon, entering his cosy and comfortable chest as he envelops her into his arms. She nuzzles her nose on his chest.

“youngie..We have to.” Siwon says. “Those 2 fellows...I have no idea why they committed suicide, but I bet that they were ordered to do so. What’s worst, is that I think that whoever was calling the man, before he died, was the person who sent him.”

Sooyoung stays silent, though she was still listening to him.

“youngie..he’s watching us,whoever he is. He had those followers of his commit suicide, cause he knows that if ever we were to hand them over to the higher authorities, they might not be able to handle their interrogation, and they will just spill everything out.”

“Wonnie please, don’t go on any further.” She says, burying her head into his chest.

She then tilts her head backwards to look at him, before caressing his face to plant a kiss on his lips. Siwon surprisingly pushes her away slightly, breaking the kiss. The brunette attempts to kiss her husband once more but he back his head away from her approaches. She looks at him, before her too back away.

“Y-you told me not to cry..and that I should smile more..” she says and siwon just looks on at her.

“You told me, that I didn’t had to worry about anything, that I could trust you..”

“And you can still trust me.” Siwon emphasises on it again. “Trust me on this youngie. I need your trust. Please believe in me, that I’ll bring you out of this situation.”

She takes a step nearer to him.

By now, tears had already started forming in her eyes. “I-I’m trying so hard not to cry,  b-because you told me to not cry...b-but-“

Siwon hugs her.

“I know you don’t want to leave the house.” He cuts her off. “that you don’t want to leave somewhere, where there’s not comforting, and having to stay in solitude, and for that, I’m sorry. But”

He lifts her chin up.

“Just bear with it a little longer alright? It’s only going to be temporary. Please youngie, trust me on this.”

Sooyoung rubs her eyes, before nodding. “i-I trust you wonnie. I trust you..”

She hugs him once more.

Siwon then looks at hae in, watching her play by herself.

“Youngie, about our little girl.”

“w-what about her?”

“Let’s not bring her along with us..”

Sooyoung widens her eyes at the statement, she turns to face siwon.

“wonnie.”

“I don’t want her to be burdened with all this...”

Sooyoung shakes her head. “wonnie, she’s our daughter. How can you-“

“It’s because she’s my daughter that I don’t want her to go through all this...” siwon interrupts her.

Sooyoung doesn’t know what to say, siwon had a point. As a parent, she wouldn’t want seeing her child coming to harm’s way. and given the situation they were in now, hae in would definitely be in more danger if she were to continue being with them.

"youngie.." Siwon hugs her from the back, resting his chin on her shoulder blade. "I know you can't bear to leave her, but if we want to keep her save from
all of this, all the more we should distant ourselves away from her."   

Sooyoung doesn't say a word, she closes her eyes shut as images of hae in flashes across her mind. Could her life get any worse? First off, having to
abandon their home and live somewhere secluded, that was already a big blow to her heart, and now this? Leave hae in behind? The urge to bring hae in
along was there, in her heart. But Sooyoung knows that she couldn't do this to her daughter, she was still young. Being exposed to this kind of stuff at such
an adolescent age wasn't good, at all.   

"youngie..." Siwon kisses her cheeks, tightening the hug. "For our little girl all right?"   

She places her hands on his, holding onto them tightly as tears sprouted out her eyes. She opens them, looking at hae in once more.   

"I-I love her.." she says to her husband, who in turn, caresses her cheek bones with the pad of his thumb.   

"I know wifey. I love her too, but it's better for her this way."   

Tears cascaded down her rosy cheeks endlessly, she sniffs back on her mucus before nodding slowly in acknowledgement of her dashing husband's
thinking. Siwon kisses her cheeks once more, burying his face into crook of his wife's neck, smooching it gently.   

"You’re doing the right thing honey.." he says, slowly moving his face up, trailing his nose onto his wife's sideburns lovingly.   

"I-I know.." Sooyoung chokes back on her tears before Siwon releases her, spinning her around.   

"but youngie, we can't let either of our families to take care of her, it'll be dangerous."   

"w-what?" she asks him, wiping her tears away.   

Siwon goes on to further elaborate. "I'm not taking any chances youngie...whoever was sending the mail to us, I have this feeling that he's not going to stop
at anything to get to us. Once he finds out that we've gone into hiding, I'm sure the next move he would make, is to go after our families. To try and draw us
out by threatening us with their lives."   

"w-wouldn't that!" Sooyoung spoke out upon realising, but Siwon shakes his head.   

"Don’t worry about them..." he continues. "hyung has got them all covered. They will be monitoring and guarding them in our stead.."   

"w-will they really-"   "babe.." Siwon interrupts Sooyoung, hugging her. "Have faith in hyung and the rest alright? They are people we can trust right? Besides,
heenim hyung and his squad are also here to help, so don't worry.."   

Sooyoung need not say anything for siwon to know, after all, silence meant consent.   

"but wonnie.." Sooyoung suddenly speaks, pulling away from Siwon. "Who can we get to watch over hae in then?"   

Siwon only smirks in reply.   "you'll know soon enough..."   

--
 
Yesung's office door creaks before opening, alerting the team leader, who had been leaning his back on the wall while he has been sipping on his coffee.
He shifts his head to the side, looking at the trio of family who had finally came out.   

"Siwon.." yesung says, walking towards them.   

"hyung, have you been out here the whole time?" Siwon asks him, before handing hae in over to Sooyoung.   

Yesung gives a slight chuckle, rubbing his head. "well, yea. Well, I was waiting for you...actually both of you to come out..I want to give you something."   

Siwon and Sooyoung both looked at each other before looking back at yesung, arching his brows in question.   

Yesung then places his hand at the back, before they heard clicking sounds from behind him. He then shows them what he was holding.   

"your guns.." yesung says.   

"hyung.." Siwon says, looking at his gun, then slowly looking up to yesung.  

"What? Don't look like that alright?! You're going into hiding, you definitely need your gun just in case something happens out of the blue."   

"y-yesung oppa.." Sooyoung was next to speak. Yesung looks over to her side before flashing her a smile.   

"You too soo, you need your guns to defend yourself alright?" he then grabs Siwon's hand before placing the gun into his palm. He holds his hand for
awhile more.   

"Siwon, from this point on, you really, really need to watch your back from now on. Sure you have us and all, but we might not be able to reach to you in time
if something were to happen. You need to guard yourself properly alright?"   

Siwon nods his head and yesung smiles in reply before he glances over at Sooyoung.  

"Take care of soo alright? You two keep each other safe."   

"I will hyung.."   

"Good..now hurry up and pack your stuffs, I'll get bummie wookie and sica to follow you back to your house."   

"alright.."   

---------------------------------    

After saying that goodbyes to kibum, ryeowook and Jessica, the trio then hopped into their car, taking one last look at their apartment from inside the vehicle.
Sooyoung sighs, placing her hand on the window.   

"Everything ok babe?" Siwon asks his wife and she silently nods.   

Siwon looks at Sooyoung for awhile more, before stepping on the engines.   

--   

The journey on the road was silent, no one says anything, and Sooyoung fixes her eyes at the road, watching the trees and building pass by as siwon drove
on. She seems to be in deep thought, though Siwon doesn't realise this as he's driving.   

"Mum-my.." hae in suddenly speaks out, prompting Siwon and Sooyoung to look back at the back seat.   

Sooyoung smiles at her.   

"Yea sweetheart?"   

Hae in stretches out her hands to Sooyoung.   

"caery mum-my.." she says and Sooyoung extends her hands towards hae in.   

"come here hae in.." Sooyoung carries her daughter and places her on her lap. The little girl yawns.   

"look at you sweety, you're yawning. Mummy will make you sleep alright?"   

Hae in closes her eyes before snuggling around in her mother's arm.   

"wonnie..." Sooyoung says as she continues hae in to sleep.   

"Yea?" he replies, focusing on the road.   

"You still haven't told me who you asked to take-"   

"we're reaching her house soon..."   

"w-we are?"   

--   

Tiffany waited anxiously for her 2 friends to arrive, she's been trying to distract herself with her tv, Internet or whatever she could think of to keep her mind
occupied from what Siwon had told her earlier on. She was walking around her living room in circles, literally nibbling on her nails in anxiety.   

"Oh come on guys..." she says agitatedly. "Hurry up.."   

Just then, she hears her door bell ringing. She frantically heads over to the front door, swinging open the door to meet face to face with Siwon and
Sooyoung.   

"Finally!" she groans as the 2 greeted her. Tiffany hurries to open the door to let them in.   

"Are you 2 alright??? Did they hurt you or anything??" she asks while helping to carry some of the bags in.   

"We're fine fany..." Sooyoung replies her softly, handing hae in to Siwon as father and daughter headed inside the living room.   

"Then why do you sound so restless?" Tiffany grabs sooyoung's shoulders to examine her facial expression.   

"I'm just tired that's all.." she replies back with the same amount of volume.   

"Fany, you mind if hae in and I use the toilet??" Siwon calls out from further in the house and Tiffany nods.   

"Yea sure.." she says and Siwon excuses himself from the 2, bringing hae in to the toilet.   

"She’s still not sleeping??" Tiffany asked, looking back at Sooyoung.   

"I tried making her sleep on the way here.. But she wouldn’t fall asleep.." Sooyoung explains before both woman headed to the couch.   

"Speaking about hae in..." Sooyoung starts, looking at Tiffany in the eye. "Why didn't you tell me wonnie called you?"   

Tiffany shoots her a smile. "I guessed he just wanted to be more careful..that's why he didn't wanted me to tell you until I could confirm."   

"but fany...it's-"   

"siwonnie thinks I'm the best candidate of all other than your families.. To take care of hae in.." tiffany cuts her off, before reaching to grab both her hands.
"sooyoungie...I'm really worried for you..please..be careful alright? Stay close to siwonnie at all times. Don't ever leave his side no matter what.."   

Sooyoung shoots her a assuring smile. "I'll be fine.. Don't worry about me fany.. Wonnie will take good care of me.."   

"Mummy.."   

The brunette and her friend turn back to the direction of the voice calling out to them, seeing hae in approaching the both of them as Siwon slowly followed
behind.   

"sweetheart.." Sooyoung smiles as she seats hae in on her lap..cuddling her up. Tiffany ruffles the girl's hair before Siwon started speaking.   

"youngie...I think she wants to sleep..She’s been yawning a few times.." Siwon says, taking a seat beside Sooyoung.   

"Yea..she wants to sleep." the brunette checks her daughters face. "I'll put her-"   

"sooyoungie, let me do it.." Tiffany requested and the couple looked at her.   

"a-are you sure?" she asks.   

"haha hey, she's gonna be living with me from now on..i think I'm going to have to start learning how to put her to sleep." Tiffany then retrieves the girl from
Sooyoung.   

The couple watched as Tiffany started patting hae in, who seem to have immediately grown accustom to her, seeing as how she wasn't throwing any
tantrums or anything, she only buried herself deep into the American girl's body. Right there, Siwon knew he definitely picked the right person to look after
his and sooyoung's girl.   

"Fany, once again, I can't thank you enough for helping us to look after her.." Siwon says, wanting to express his gratitude to his best friend.   

Tiffany smiles at him. "Oh come on, it's not a problem.. You really need someone to take care of her for the time being.. I understand..but." Tiffany slowly
started turning softer visibly. "Guys...I'm really can't stop worrying for you both..."   

"f-fany.." Sooyoung says as she sees Tiffany getting teary.   

"I don't want anything to happen to both of you..." she croaks as tears cascaded down her cheeks. "I love you both so much..."   

"fa-ny.." Sooyoung finds herself getting emotional too. "Don’t cry, or I'll cry too.."   

Siwon only looks at both of them, affected by their emotions. "Girls...we'll definitely pull through this..stop crying ok?"   

"How sure can you be?!" Tiffany softly snaps at him, so as to not wake hae in.   

"because I know god will pull us through this no matter what.." Siwon says nonchalantly.   

Tiffany gets up from her seat before heading over to Siwon. She then hugs him, crying.   

"Please siwonnie...nothing must happen to you...nothing. As a matter of fact, nothing must happen to both of you.."   

"I'll take good care of youngie, fany, I promise.." Siwon says as the two broke apart. Tiffany then goes to hug Sooyoung.   

"I love you sooyoungie...promise me that we'll go shopping once everything's settled alright??" she sniffs and Sooyoung tearfully nods her hair.   

"youngie...come on, it's getting late..Let’s go.." Siwon says, watching Sooyoung and Tiffany part.   

"wonnie, I want to stay here a little longer.." Sooyoung says and Siwon allows her, he knows she wants to stay just to see hae in for awhile more before
heading off.   

Sooyoung then approaches hae in, she bends down to pat hae in on her head, exhaling loudly before she speaks.   

"Sweety.." she says, looking at her daughter so heart breaking-ly yet lovingly.   

Sooyoung chokes back a laugh. "ha..Where does mummy starts?"   

Siwon suddenly hugs Sooyoung from the back, and she leans back on his torso, resting her face at the side of his.   

"f-first and foremost hae in.." she starts "I love you. I love you so much, a-and it breaks my heart that I have to leave you. I-I don't want to be separated from
you, I really don’t and if I had a choice, mummy would definitely bring you along with us..."  

"sooyoungie.." tiffany croaks, watching both her best friend so emotional.

“But it’s better this way hae in...” she says, her daughter’s hair, tugging them behind her ears. “You won’t have to suffer...suffer with us..You won’t
have to go through such hardships.”   

Sooyoung wipes her tears before continuing on. "Mummy loves you so dearly. P-please forgive us for leaving you so suddenly, but, it's for the best."   

Siwon wipes sooyoung's tears away.   

"hae in..." she starts again. "Don’t you ever think, for one second, that mummy and daddy doesn't love you or that we don’t want you anymore. I-it isn't true..
We do love you so very much. Mummy promises to come back for you and bring you back home soon alright?"   

With that, she slowly kisses hae in on the forehead. She then stands up, ready to leave.

“youngie..let’s go..” siwon says, grabbing her shoulders and leading her further away from her daughter.

Tiffany ushers both siwon and sooyoung out the door. They were about to leave, but not before sooyoung takes one last glance at her daughter. She wipes
her tears, before siwon drags her away.

“Hae in, I promise to come back soon.. mummy loves you.”  

--   

The couple were heading back to the car, with sooyoung walking in front of siwon, who was a tad bit slower. He just wanted to make sure his wife was
doing alright.

"youngie wait." Siwon says, suddenly pulling Sooyoung back as they were heading towards their car, hugging her.   

"W-wonnie.."   

"Babe, no matter what happens from here on. I promise to take good care of you." he says hugging her tightly. "And I also promise to end this faster so that
we can head back home to or house and hae in."   

Hearing her daughter’s name got her all upset again, she starts crying again.   

"I love you youngie. And it hurts me to see you like this. That's why, I promise to end this faster."   

"I-I love you wonnie.."   

They stood there embracing each other for quite some time before Siwon breaks the hug. He then ushers Sooyoung into the car before doing the same and
driving off to wherever place they can think of.

____________________________________________________________

Author’s Notes: hey guys!!! So yeap! Heres an update! I know I’ve been apologising to your awesome readers for like, countless of times already!
Sorry for not updating so regularly as before, blame myself for not being able to come out with more ideas, but anyways, I’ll try to update like last time,
hopefully I could update 3 times a week? I’ll try my very very best to fill your soowon cravings! Anyways! Do enjoy reading alright? Do comment! It helps motivate me! Hehe! :D