Chapter 11

Subtract

First of all, I'm really sorry about ing up the chapters, I don't have any excuse except for that's me and the way I do things xD. On the plus side you'll now get two chapters, so enjoy ^_^)/

 

“Hyung!” He sighed hearing the kid yelling from across the campus, “I passed my maths test!”

 

And there he was, Jungkook was running towards Namjoon, a smile spread over his face, waving a piece of paper over his head. Namjoon wanted to pretend he didn’t know the dark haired boy. He really did. So he turned around, acting like he hadn’t noticed the aigle body nearing him and started to walk away.

 

“Namjoon hyung!” The voice was coming closer and now he started to notice the other students eyeing them both curiously.  “Hyuuung!”

 

He stopped and turned around, throwing a cautious stare around, glaring at the people who were looking at them. “Shh, Jungkook, everybody’s watching us,” he said once the boy had reached him, panting heavily.

 

Jungkook didn’t listen to him, throwing his hands around the elder’s body, enveloping him in a tight hug, “Thank you, so, so much.”

 

Namjoon didn’t know why he blushed.

 

“Get off me, you smell like sweat,” the elder pushed Jungkook away but nothing seemed to faze him, blissful smile on his face. “Good job, though. Turns out you’re not as stupid as everyone thinks.”

 

“That’s not a nice thing to say to someone who is willing to pay for your dinner,” the younger laughed.

 

“Are you asking me to go on a date with you?” Namjoon .

 

The dark haired boy grimaced, “Ew, hyung. I was just trying to be nice but it seems like you’re not that hungry.”

 

Jungkook turned away, slowly starting to retreat. “Wait, Jungkook,” Namjoon called out, “You’re not leaving me without some food in my stomach.”

 

There was a huge grin on his face as Jungkook turned around, “Come on then, hyung. I know this great ramen place.”



 

Namjoon moaned, slurping up the noodles, “You’re right, this place is amazing.”

 

Jungkook was already on his second bowl, a serving of kimchi left untouched. He loved ramen. Almost as much as pizza.  He nodded, too busy to speak.

 

“Hey, how did you know where to find me today?” Namjoon asked, looking at the other boy, who stopped dead in his tracks, bloated noodles hanging from his lips.

 

He them up, slowly chewing, something he didn’t do often, blush appearing on his cheeks. Jungkook swallowed the food, smiling sheepishly, “I didn’t.”

 

“Wait, don’t tell me you-.” Yes, Namjoon was horrified.

 

“Ran around the campus, screaming your name from the top of my lungs?” Jungkook finished his sentence. “Yes. Yes, I did.”

 

Namjoon could just sigh, “Why didn’t you call me?”

 

“I wanted it to be a surprise,” the younger boy explained, stuffing more noodles in his cheeks. They puffed up like a hamster’s and Namjoon, just for a second, thought that the kid looked cute.

 

“What did you get?”

 

“A few weird looks and some of the guards tried to chase me out,” Jungkook winced.

 

The blond rolled his eyes, “In your test, idiot.”

 

Jungkook blushed again, “Oh. I got a D.”

 

“D? You barely passed? Is that what you’ve been so happy about?” Namjoon now felt like a fake. Eating ramen he didn’t even deserve. He pushed the bowl of half finished ramen away.

 

“Hyung, it’s my first pass in maths in three years. I think I can call it a victory,” Jungkook resumed eating, ignoring the incredulous look Namjoon was giving him.  Soon appetite caught up with Namjoon again, who ,if a little reluctantly, slid the bowl back closer to him and started to eat again.

 

The ramen was really good.


 

After paying they left the restaurant. The sky had already darkened above their heads but the streets were still full with people, hurrying home to their families or spending time with their friends. Namjoon even spotted a few couples, one of them stealing a shy kiss while they waited in the bus stop.

 

It reminded him of something he had pushed away at the furthest corner of his mind. That dreadful Tuesday night when everything went to . And how good Jungkook’s lips had felt against his. No, he shook his head, he refused to think about this.

 

“Hyung, look at the lanterns,” Jungkook draped his arm around Namjoon’s shoulders pointing upwards. “They looks really pretty.”

 

Namjoon agreed, the yellow glowed soft against the navy sky. It made him warm, just like leaves in the summer but Jungkook’s touch burned him cold. “Yeah,” he shook Jungkook off, still feeling his hand there, Jungkook’s scent lingering on his body.

 

It was weird. Namjoon thought he was going crazy, his heartbeat increasing, he was sweating. Was it the ramen? Had he gotten food poisoning?

 

But the nausea didn’t come. All he had left with was his stomach fluttering every time he looked at Jungkook, who seemed oblivious to Namjoon’s discomfort. Yes, he was going crazy. That was the only explanation. There was only one way to check.

 

“Hey, Jungkook, stop,” he grabbed his hand, holding the younger in place.

 

“Is everything okay, hyung?” Jungkook’s doe eyes widened even more. It seemed almost comical.

 

Namjoon pulled the boy closer to his body, “I need to look at you.”

 

“Oka-, wait, what? Look at me?” The younger boy shifted under Namjoon’s gaze. “Are you sure you’re alright? Maybe we sho-. Is that the tattoo guy?”

 

The blond who had spent the last moments trying to focus on the younger suddenly forgot everything. The tattoo guy? No way, he meant him, right? Namjoon spun around, forgetting all about his plan. He wasn’t even sure if he wanted to see whoever he thought was there. Or if he’ll regret it. Or if it even was that person.

 

And yet, his gaze locked on him. Immediately. Everything around Yoongi losing colour as soon as his eyes landed on the grey haired man. He was laughing, pink gums showing and his eyes squinted so much, they disappeared. Ripped black skinnies and his favourite band shirt, a size too big. Yoongi looked just like Namjoon remembered.

 

Okay. He looked much better. There was a light to him in real life that he couldn’t just get quite right in his memories. Yoongi looked alive.  

 

“Hoseok’s with him too. And someone else?” Jungkook kept talking not even noticing the empty look on Namjoon’s face.

 

Yes, he had noticed. Seokjin stood next to Yoongi, their shoulders brushing together. He was dressed up, a blazer and a button up together with black slacks.  Very classy. Namjoon scowled.

 

They were laughing together and before Namjoon knew it, he was on his way over to them. Jungkook tried to keep up, breaking into a small jog, not to get separated from his friend. “Wait, hyung,” Jungkook called out but Namjoon didn’t stop. He couldn’t. There was a pull in the direction of his heartbreak.

 

“Hoseok,” the blonde haired man called out, attracting the group’s attention. The laughing stopped, frozen expressions welcoming his nearing body, with Jungkook running behind him. “What are you doing here? Oh, Yoongi hyung and Seokju. I didn’t even notice you.”

 

Behind the elder Jungkook winced, Namjoon’s attempt to act normal was awful, if he put it lightly, his voice heightening almost an octave. It seemed like everyone had noticed, Yoongi’s eyes filling with surprise and sadness, “It’s Seokjin.”

 

Namjoon smiled, Yoongi had always been stubborn, even now, in this ridiculous situation, correcting his mistake, “Yes, sorry, Seokjin.”

 

Hoseok who had just been watching the interaction, spoke up, eager to avoid the awkwardness surrounding all them, “The real question is what are you two doing here?”

 

Jungkook beamed, bouncing on his feet, “I took Namjoon hyung out for dinner.”

He wrapped his hands around Namjoon smiling proudly, who grimaced, shaking the kid off him while blushing, “I helped him pass the maths test.”

 

Yoongi’s eyes shot from the younger to the eldest, narrowing as he tried to understand the relationship between the two. Jungkook pulled a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket,  extending it towards others, “I got a D. It’s all thanks to hyung.”

 

His brother pulled the test out of his hand, trying to straighten it out, “, he’s right. Damn, Namjoon, I didn’t think you’d do it.”

 

Hoseok smiled at Jungkook, highfiving his friend, who still looked mildly upset but there was a proud smile on his lips, “Jungkook’s good. He’s just lazy so he needs some push.”

 

“You’re talking just like my mother,” the addressed grumbled, punching Namjoon’s arm, who ruffled his hair in response.

 

“Is this your brother, Hobi?” Yoongi asked quietly, curiously observing the younger one. Namjoon froze up hearing him speak, his eyes immediately shifting to him. Hoseok nodded, lifting an eyebrow.

 

“Why are you asking?” Hoseok said, the question on everyone’s mind.

 

Yoongi shook his head, “I’d never met him before. He’s much better looking than I thought.”

 

Jungkook flushed, avoiding everyone’s eyes, not expecting him to say that. Hoseok pulled him closer, “Of course, he’s similar to me.”

 

“That’s debatable,” Namjoon said, making Jungkook laugh, while his brother scowled.

 

“Are you two dating?” Seokjin pointed between the pair, Yoongi’s surprised eyes shooting to the elder.

 

Namjoon coughed, “Him and I? Why does everyone keep thinking that? No.”

 

Yoongi’s shoulders relaxed. He hadn’t even noticed them tensing up. Seokjin shrugged, his gaze still suspecting, while Jungkook blushed again, agreeing with Namjoon.  Just the mention of Namjoon made him think about their kiss, making his lips tingle with the taste of vodka and coke. He cast a glance at the blonde, seeing his eyes looking away, seemingly lost in the memories, the younger wondered if he was thinking about the same.

 

“They’re not,” Hoseok was quick to defend, even when nobody was asking. He was still rattled from finding out that Jungkook was gay. “Right?”

 

The younger shook his head even more, “N-no! We just kissed once-”

 

. , , , , .

 

It was the only thing running through Namjoon’s head. And Jungkook’s. And Yoongi’s. And Hoseok’s. Also Seokjin’s. It wasn’t the best way to let the news be known. Or to be known at all.  

 

“Oh,” Hoseok said.

 

“Is it true?” Yoongi asked Namjoon, his voice have gotten that edge he knew so well. He was on the line between hurt and angry, the same tone he spoke when they broke up. Or when Namjoon had missed his first concert.

 

Namjoon smiled, “What do you want to hear?”

 

“That it happened after we broke up.”

 

“You two broke up?” Jungkook asked and then immediately regretted it, understanding that he was only digging the grave further, “I mean, of course you broke up, Namjoon hyung was crying so badly when I went to see him.”

 

“Shut up, Jungkook. Just stay silent,” Namjoon looked at him, his voice breaking.

 

Seokjin cleared his throat, Yoongi’s tearful eyes turning away from Namjoon, who was looking at the ground, “Anyway, I think it’s time to go.”

 

He pulled Yoongi by his waist, not letting him saying anything. Hoseok stood still, stuck between his brother and his friend, not sure if he wanted to stay or go. In the end, he looked at Namjoon’s sagged shoulders and troubled eyes and decided that he could kick his some other time, “Wait for me, Seokjin hyung.”

 

He stopped, turning to face all of them, Yoongi still hanging by his side, confused and then he kissed him. Everyone watched them lock their lips together, a smile on Seokjin’s, who lightly nibbled on Yoongi’s pink lips. He opened them without question, his eyelids closing.  Yoongi returned the kiss, even if he looked a bit shaky, Seokjin pulling him closer, their tongues mingling until they ran out of breath.

 

“Go home, Hoseok,” Seokjin said, “I’ll take care of Yoongi.”

 

Namjoon was left with his heart in his hands and Jungkook by his side. And he was left wondering why it didn’t hurt as much as he expected?

 
 
 
Heeeeeere you allll go, this is the right Chapter 11 and as most of you've read Chapter 12, I'll be posting it right away