Dusk

All of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The door closed behind us. I my lips anxiously, watching the drops of water drip from Jiwon’s wet black hair. It was me who had invited him in, and yet, I was unsure where to go from there.

 

I was left with the feeling of a house cat that had caught a mouse and was unsure what to do with it.

 

“Do you want some tea?” I asked lamely and the electric kettle when he nodded. I glanced again at the puddle forming on the floor from his soaked pants. “Don’t laugh but I have some clothes you can borrow.”

 

“Should I be suspicious you have men’s clothing?” He perked a brow and I laughed, uneasiness still choking at my throat.

 

“They’re comfy.” I answered with a shrug and he chuckled.

 

He took the t-shirt and sweatpants I offered him, eyebrows still raised. I let him use the cramped bathroom while I changed in the apartment. I winced as I took off my leggings, realizing my legs were bleeding where the rain boots had rubbed against the skin. I changed quickly into a pair of soft shorts and an oversized sweatshirt, remembering Jiwon was still there.

 

Cautiously, I touched at the raw skin, hissing at the stinging pain. He knocked before walking out and his eyes widened in concern when he saw my bleeding legs. He bent down immediately to look closer, his damp hair smoothed away from his face. I sat on my bed watching him, nervous as he carefully touched my bare leg.

 

I swallowed hard. Thank God I shaved last night.

 

“Do you have a first aid kit?” Jiwon asked, fingers pressing into my skin. I nodded wordlessly, pointing to my bedside drawer. I watched him rummage through the box I hadn’t opened since moving in, finally taking out a few tubes and bottles. “Okay, this will sting.”

 

I inhale sharply as he cleans the wounds and applies ointment. He gingerly places a bandaid on each leg as I bit my tongue in pain.

 

“Didn’t it hurt?” He asked, admiring his handy work as he carefully set my down to hang from the bed.

 

I nodded, still watching him. It was strange seeing my oversized night shirt on someone else, on a man. On Jiwon it wasn’t oversized, though. The fabric spanned across his shoulders perfectly, straining in some places. I had never thought of myself as small, but seeing him in my shirt made me feel dainty.

 

My eyes travelled downward and I bit my lip, looking away. Hanna was right. Grey sweatpants were to women what black lingerie was to men.

 

“If it hurt why didn’t you say anything?” He murmured, moving to sit next to me. “Did it hurt all day?”

 

“Well, I knew I’d go home and take care of it.” I replied with pursed lips. “It’d be fine if I just put up with the pain for a little bit.”

 

He gave me a strange look before smiling. It was a new smile, one that radiated warmth.

 

“You’re brave.” He pats me on the head and paused, as if realizing we’d both been sitting in my bed. He coughed into his hand, looking away. “I should get going.”

 

I held onto the sleeve of his shirt as he started to get up.

 

“Stay.”

 

My voice wavered but I looked up at him intently. He finally relented, sitting back down, promising that he’d stay until the rain let up. I smiled. The forecast predicted heavy storms into the evening.

 

“Did you learn a lot of first aid playing basketball?” I asked, holding onto the cup of tea I had final

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter