eight

One Last Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun has spent two weeks of his night times trying to find out about Choi Siwon, what he looks like, what his achievement, what his view on life. It wasn’t easy because apparently, the name Choi Siwon doesn’t only lead to one famous person. He never knows how Eungi’s fiancé looks like so he needs to use his instinct when he chose which guy he need to look up the most.

His attention brought to one particular Choi Siwon who’s a car enthusiast. He remembers Eungi once mentioned about how Siwon likes cars just like her. There’s one article in an automotive magazine about people who like to modify their cars and one of them is Choi Siwon—that owns an Audi. With this lead Kyuhyun continue his search and he found out the same Choi Siwon that’s in the magazine is also a famous art curator in South Korea and sometimes worldwide. His instinct tells him to continue to follow the story that leads on with this Siwon.

By the end of his long search, he figured out that Choi Siwon is not only a curator but he’s also in line to receive a professor title and the last news about him stated that he holds a PhD. He’s also a philanthropist and his special mission is to take care of the children with disabilities.

Kyuhyun can picture Eungi dating a man as great as this, but what makes him clenches his jaws the most is his appearance. Kyuhyun imagine Siwon would at least looks like an average guy since he already got enough awesome portfolios to support him and he really hates the fact that the man is also good looking. With his tall figure and built body frame, Choi Siwon would look great wearing anything from casual clothing to a wedding suit. Every feature in his face is carved to perfection by God himself and Kyuhyun bets Eungi loves it so much when he smiles, since the guys always looks very kind and it translates well in his eyes.

He’s taking his time very well whenever he’s stalking people. Usually he’ll begin by only stalking in the bright side of the internet, but he has strong intention to continue his search to its dark side, since he believes nobody should be that perfect. Judging from Eungi’s body language whenever Siwon’s topic came out, Kyuhyun is suspicious that she’s involves in an abusive relationship so he’ll dig further into Siwon’s bad side later on. He’s not really proud of this particular skill of his, but it has saved him a lot of troubles before in his life—especially when it comes to the girls he went out with.

Kyuhyun was just about to close his laptop and get himself a dinner when his phone rings. He takes a look on his screen and a smile paints on his face.

“Ne noona?” He greets her warmly.

Two weeks has passed since the kissing incident and he’s decided to take that experience as a sweet memory that he’ll keep in his heart alone. He doesn’t want to meddle in between Eungi and Siwon and if this is as far as Eungi allows him to be near her, he’ll gladly takes his place—as long as Eungi is happy about it and she doesn’t get hurt when she’s with Siwon.

“Am I interrupting you?” She sounds like she’s chewing something.

“No, I was just about to grab dinner. Where are you? Do you want to have dinner together?”

“I’m at home, I just finished mine.” Kyuhyun hears the sound of her gulping down some water. “By the way, I forgot to ask you to email me the last report on your presentation in Copenhagen. I know I let that one goes already but I still need to keep it in my file.”

“I can email that to you right now, if you want.”

“Thank you so much.” Her voice is interrupted by a doorbell sound.

“You have a guest?” Kyuhyun uses his laptop one more time to send the file Eungi needs.

“I think so.” She sounds unsure.

He’s only about to hit ‘send’ when he hears screaming from the other end of the line.

“YOU SHAMELESS ! YOU SHOULDN’T BE ALIVE! IF IT WEREN’T FOR YOU..” The next thing he hears is the sound of a breaking glass.

“Oemoni.” Her voice sound distant, Kyuhyun is certain Eungi has forgotten that she was on the phone since she’s busy dealing with whoever owns a woman’s voice in her house.

“NONE OF IT WOULDN’T HAPPEN IF HE DIDN’T FOLLOW YOU TO PARIS! YOU DARED TO RETURN HERE AS IF NOTHING HAPPENED.”

Another breaking glass sound heard and Kyuhyun do his first attempt to shout for her name, asking if she’s okay. Eungi doesn’t respond and the sound from the other side of the line is getting further away.

Once he hears Eungi’s screaming, Kyuhyun decided to leave his place and drive as soon as he can towards her house. He doesn’t know what’s going on but he knows that person is hurting her and he might be the only person that knows about it.

 

*

 

Eungi is now kneeling on the floor, eyes on her fist that’s placed upon her thigh. She doesn’t dare to talk to the lady in front of her, she can’t look at her, she knows what mistake she did to cause Siwon’s mother tearing up her house apart. She’s crying because she’s guilty, it’s no use to explain how the tragedy happened to his mother, no matter how she looks at it; it was her fault that Siwon died.

“YOU’RE ONLY ALIVE BECAUSE OF HIM, YOU FILTHY !” She continues screaming at Eungi and messing up with more of her stuffs.

“Punish me, oemoni, I deserve it.”

Mrs. Choi slaps her on the cheek. “AND WHAT WILL I EARN FROM THAT? EVEN IF I KILL YOU NOW, IT WON’T BRING HIM BACK!!” She throws her handbag to Eungi and continuously pounding it on her. “YOU KILLED HIM!!”

Eungi takes any beating his mother gives her and she doesn’t dare to move one bit, in her mind she thinks she’ll be less guilty if she allows his mother to throw her tantrum at her, it’s her way to find solace from the catastrophe. However, her silent seems to be an insult to his mother and she begins to feel frustrated because all Eungi does is just staring at the floor—she wasn’t even sorry.

Messing her place up is not enough for Siwon’s mother to express her frustration over the loss of her only son. She can’t believe her perfect son is no longer here with her and he had to die a ridiculous death over some mental people i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter