twenty nine

One Last Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The big smile still hangs on their faces on their way back to their home, Kyuhyun round his arm on her shoulder and she round hers on his waist, both just enjoying the blast of the moment that happened earlier. He can’t remember how many hands he shakes today he can’t even remember their faces, he only remembers the expression on her face and Van Wijk’s, the rest became irrelevant for him.

“It’s addictive, isn’t it? the thrill.” Her big grin still on her face.

Kyuhyun nods, “Everything exactly how you described, it’s like I have to wait for a death sentence at some point. But I think I become greedy now.”

“How?”

“You know, having that ,ME behind my name makes me want to add something more in the front.” He scoffs, “How cool my name would sound if it’s written Dr. Cho Kyuhyun, PhD.”

She laughs, admitting to herself that it really does sound interesting, “That will sound awesome, I admit. But it’ll take more than what you just went through.”

“You think I can’t do that? Is that a challenge? I just need to accept the offer from Van Wijk you know, he just offered me a position in the doctoral researcher as a full time job, you know that kind of scholarship right?” He stops their steps and look straight into her eyes. “Should I take it?”

Her jaw drops, her boyfriend passing his master degree with perfect score is already great news for the day, she didn’t know that he’d get that kind of offer so soon. “He really offered you that?”

“Ng.” he nods, “Why? Omo, you’re not jealous are you? He has a new favorite now.” He grins playfully at her.

Eungi rolls her eyes, “What about your father?”

“What about him? He’s taking over now after he got well, I can do whatever I want—and what I want to do is in the positive side, noona. With the tittle I’m pursuing, I can really take over and become a rector if I want.” He lets himself dreams a little bigger.

“So you’re taking the offer?” She almost jumps on her place, “You’re going to stay longer here?”

Kyuhyun steps into her and hugs her tight, “Noona, who knows your study takes longer than mine, huh? I can’t leave you here. I haven’t told him that I’ll take that position since I need to discuss it with you first but yeah I’m interested.”

“Why you have to discuss it with me, do whatever you’re passionate about, Kyu.” She sinks her face into his suit, “I’ll be your cheerleader still.”

He pushes her then cups her face, “Because my life is your life also, whatever I do affects you and it works that way the other way around. You believed that I could excel in this field and look at me now! Three years ago I wouldn’t think I’d be like this. So your opinion on me really matters that’s why I need to discuss it with you.”

“You know I always thought you’re a born genius, right? If you want to take it, go ahead.”

“Really?”

“I have two reasons.” She lifts her finger forming a V shape. “First from a former lecture point of view.”

“Hmm, tell me.” He rounds his arm on her shoulder again and leads their steps to continue walking.

“From professional point of view, you should take it. You have the perfect foundation to spread your wings in the world of sustainable living and it’s obviously emerging now. Global warming is not a fairy tale and we both know that, so in the next fifty years what we’re doing and the cause we’re fighting will be mandatory to sustain human survival.” She explains.

“And your not-so-professional reason?”

“You should take it because that means you’ll spend more time here with me.” She giggles, “I like living with you and I honestly feels a bit restless knowing you’ll graduate soon and returns to Seoul without me. I can’t predict when my post-doc will finish since I’m having some difficulties with the technology, so selfishly, I want you to take that offer as a reason to stay longer beside me.”

He laughs loudly, “Noona, you’re addicted to me, aren’t you?”

“Glad you find my insecurity amusing.” She rolls her eyes and pouts .

Kyuhyun lower his face and gives her a quick peck oh her temple, “Fine, I’ll take the offer. But you agree with me right? My name would be ier if its read Doctor Cho Kyuhyun, PhD.”

“Indeed, Kyu.” She looks up to him and smiles widely, “I can’t wait for you to present your doctoral defense later on, you already looked so hot earlier while doing the presentation that I had to restrain myself from jumping into you. I bet you’ll look much ier in your doctoral defense.” She winks playfully.

“You’re officially the weirdest woman I’ve ever met in my life!” He messes with her hair, “So that’s what turns you on? Really?? I have to do that far to turn you on?”

She stops their steps and takes her position in front of him before she tiptoes to round her arms around his neck and kisses him. He can tell how much she really is by his charisma today with the way she bites his lips lustfully and he does the right thing any good boyfriend does—replies her passionate kisses and hurry themselves to get to their home to finish their business.

 

*

 

He’s taking his time in the shower while she’s preparing dinner for both of them. Kyuhyun’s energy officially drowns out of him today, the stress he had to went through in the morning and the passionate love making they do in the afternoon has really takes its toll on him. He just wants to relax under the warm shower and eat a lot. He lost his appetite in the past week, since he was too tensed with preparing his presentation, only later this afternoon after they’re done embracing each other Kyuhyun really realize how famished he’s been.

She suggested them to go to Amsterdam to celebrate his early graduation party but he insisted her to stay home and have home cooked meal instead. It’s important for him to force her to stay at home tonight, he still has one more nerve wrecking thing to do today and honestly, this one is the one that really bothers him. The thrill is stronger than just presenting his defense and just by thinking about it, he feels another urge to throw up.

When he’s done showering, Eungi already prepared simple mac and cheese dinner. Not that she’s lazy or anything, it’s the only thing available in the kitchen tonight and the walk to the nearest supermarket in too much to do after an exhausting day.

“If this not enough, I’ll call the take-out delivery nearby.” She cringes when she sees his puzzled expression.

“It’s fine, I can do mac and cheese. Let me grab the wine.” He walks to the storage room where they keep their wine cooled.

“Mac and cheese with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter