twenty seven

One Last Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He once doubted that taking her for a trip around Europe would be a bad idea, because she had this great memory in her head that he needs to compete with. However, seeing her face and her excitement when they’re passing borders after borders has ease up his mind, he knows she’s having the time of her life and he feels the need to tap his own shoulder to congratulate himself for being able to move on from his own self-doubt.

As Eungi requested, they just heading South without having a clear destination in their mind. The first night she suggested them to rest in a little town located in eastern Germany, the second day led them into the northern part of Switzerland and finally they got an idea to see the Swiss Alps as their winter vacation. Kyuhyun cannot be happier with her idea, since he really loves skiing and he can’t wait to slides down the magnificent natural slope the Swiss has.

“Which one of the slope you want to ski to?” She opens the map on her lap while he’s driving beside her.

“I don’t know, find the steep one for me please.”

“Hmm, the popular one is Titlis, do you want to go there?” She turns her head to her left for his comfirmation.

“Sure.”

“Okay, then I guess you should take the direction to Engelberg.” She looks up to find the road sign but it’s still nowhere in sight.

“Let’s race down from the mountain, it’ll be so much fun. Aah, it’s been a dream of mine to ski down from the Alps.” He glances at her with big grin on his face.

Eungi shakes her head and cringes, “I can’t ski.”

“Get out of here!” He rounds his eyes to exaggerates his reaction.

“Again, nobody taught me to do that.”

He takes his right hand from the steering wheel to caress her hair, “It’s okay, we can do something else. We take a skiing lesson, I’m sure it’s available there.”

Eungi scoffs, “Dweso,” She scrolls her smart phone in her hand to do a quick research of their destination, “I can slip down the slope in this doughnut shape thing instead.” She lifts her phone to show to him.

“Yeah, that’s possible.” He looks back to the road in front of him, “So what else you can’t do? You can’t swim, you can’t ride a bike, you can’t ski, you can’t knit, what else that you can’t do?”

“Why? Are you trying to feel superior?” She chuckles. “I can’t really do any sports other than running, I don’t get ball-related sport rules, and I can’t do gymnastic stuff. But funny thing is, I joined a swimming team back in high school.”

“How come?” He raises his eyebrows without taking of his concentration on the road.

“I needed a score for an extracurricular and the swimming team were the one that still opened back then. Of course it was a problem when the coach figured out I couldn’t swim, but he took pity on me and put me in the ground life guard position every time we practice. I excel in giving CPR because of it.” She giggles happily, “But it’s okay, I mean I’m lacking in physical skill but my brain works better than the rest of my schoolmates.”

Kyuhyun shakes his head and grins playfully, “Don’t be too hard on yourself, noona. Believe me, you’re not lacking in physical skill, especially when it involves a bedroom activity.”

The next thing he feel is the rolled map hitting his head, Eungi laughs to his way to make her feel better about her lacking in sport but at the same time annoyed with his dirty minds.

“The sun is still hanging above the sky and your erted mind takes over already.” She grumbles beside him.

“It’s our honeymoon period, it’s only normal to be like this.” He smirks playfully.

She nods, “I hope we’re always in this state. We can’t get our hands off each other, we can’t be separated for more than an hour, and we always laugh like the world is in the perfect order.”

He takes her hands that’s on her lap and holds them tight. “I wish for the same thing also. Let’s give our best.”

She smiles and moves her head to lean on his shoulder, she knows this could be dangerous when she’s distracting him while he’s driving but she really can’t stop leaning onto him any time she gets the chance—and he never seemed to mind about it.

“So, it’s our third day in this M5. Give me your honest opinion—and I promise I won’t get jealous, which one is better? Audi or this?” He tucks his head to the right to slightly leans on her head that’s resting on his shoulder.

“Honestly?” She takes a deep breath, “I always know the M5 is the best.” She lifts her head from him and presses her lips onto his check, “You are the best.”

Kyuhyun scoffs and rolls his eyes but secretly enjoying the attention he gets from her. He’s also enjoying his newfound confident to stay by her side. If there’s something that successfully change his bitterness toward her ex, it must have been her letter that she wrote for him. He knows her late fiancé got a whole book as her way to honor his life and Kyuhyun only gets one chapter in the end of it, but what’s important for him is how she clearly described how much she needed him. One whole book written for Choi Siwon and the only man she asked to return to her life is Kyuhyun, that is enough revelation for him to realize how she puts him above anything else.

 

*

 

Both of them can’t stop adoring the view around the road along their journey, the Switzerland blessed with endless great mountains and lakes that combines perfectly to make beautiful landscapes. They stop a few times along the road just to take pictures and breathe in the fresh air. In every turn they take, another beautiful scenery shows up in front of them and the closer they get to their destination, the bigger the smiles on their faces.

They got to Engelberg after it gets dark so they postpone the plan of skiing and take a private couple spa offered by their guesthouse instead. Eungi shivers a bit when she steps out of the sauna room, she only covers with a layer of thin bathing suit so she quickly dive into the hot water Jacuzzi and hide underneath the water. Kyuhyun follows behind her and do the same thing to counter the cold winter air around them.

“Who thinks that it’s a good idea to have an outdoor Jacuzzi in winter.” He takes his head off from the water

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter