Fifth Page: New Color

Pen and Paper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Song of the Chapter: Q and A by Seventeen https://youtu.be/Uk01FiCAk50

The sun has risen. It’s already 7 in the morning. The type of morning that you would not want to wake up early, except for the persevering students and strong-willed  employees. Did I ever mention our heroes? Yes, they have to wake up early or else they’re doomed, in Byulyi’s hands, that is. So as the morning woke up with them, Chandong went to Minhyuk's house to invade it. No, not actually. He just came to bring in the good news. "Yah, Hyuk-ah!" As soon as he saw him, Chandong literally dragged him out.

 

Minhyuk groaned in protest. After all, who in their right minds would drag someone in the early morning? And that person in his right mind is just Chandong, as always. "What the hell, Chandong?"

 

He shook his head and dragged him either way. "Come on!"

The duo went to Byulyi's house. The girl was combing her hair in front of the mirror with a piece of french toast stuffed in . To Minhyuk's surprise, her hair went from blonde to a two-toned hair color. He first dissed . “Do you seriously not know how to eat? Are you five?” Then he dissed his hair. "And you played with your hair?"

 

She rolled her eyes and groaned. "Wow. Thanks for the compliment."

 

He replied with sarcasm. "You're welcome." He grabbed a tissue from the table and wiped with it. “You poor child, what will you do without me?”

 

Chandong, right now is the next to diss her. "Seriously, Byul. You look like that one Final Fantasy character."

 

“How terrific you guys are.” She remarked once more.

 

"Sepiroth?" Minhyuk asked.

 

Chandong cheered and laughed out loud. "Right! That guy with the long hair. I now bestow you as Byulpiroth." He laughed out loud to the point that he plopped down on the sofa.

 

She finished chewing her food and wiped the rest of the crumbs. "I appreciated your compliments."

 

Minhyuk plopped next to Chandong. "I know you did. Why did you play with your hair, though? It looks ugly."

 

She fought back. "The ugly one here is you."

 

"Thanks."

 

Chandong just groaned. He low key gave up already. "Heto nanaman po kami. [Here we go again.]"

 

Byulyi sat next to Minhyuk and the duo just stared at their friend. "Get used to it." Minhyuk touched her hair. "How much is this?"

 

She took back her hair from his grasp and answered, "Around 700 pesos? [15 dollars] It's not that expensive."

 

He sighed and crossed his arm. "I just wonder how many coffees you would have bought for your hair."

 

"Gwaenchana. It's worth it."

 

Chandong rolled his eyes and stood up. "That's it, I'm going to pick up Seulgi. It's better than staying with you two. I am not a third wheel!" He walked out, half annoyed and half "trying to piss them off".

 

"What's with him? Is he a woman now?" Byulyi groaned, stood up, and took her bag.

 

He raised a brow. "Is he and Seulgi a thing?"

 

"I doubt it."

 

He agreed, "Nado."

 

"Then why did you ask?"

 

"Wala lang. [No reason.]" He sighed and stood up as well. He removed the dust from his uniform. "Trust me, he's most likely gonna wait for us."

 

"Oh is he?"

 

In a matter of minutes, they heard his voice. "Why aren't you guys coming down?" Chandong shouted from the outside.

 

"Told you." He just smirked and left his friend. Byulyi quickly got a hold of herself and followed her two male friends.

 

As they got to school, they went to their classroom immediately. "Heol, isn't today the first day for the news reports?" Chandong said as he sat in front of Moonbyul. She was busy re-solving all her mathematical homeworks and didn’t pay attention.

 

"Isn't it?” She looked up to meet his eyes.  She called Minhyuk. “Hyukkie, ask them if they want to tune in."

 

Minhyuk, who was almost sleeping, grabbed the remote and the tv. "Forget it, we'll have to watch it today, either way."

 

She closed her notebook shut and glanced at the duo. "It's not yet starting. Do you guys want to watch it in the Broadcasting Room?" The two male nodded and stood up, not forgetting to grab Bogum along the way.

 He noticed Byulyi’s hair, too. “Oh, your hair is in grey.”  He asked. "Where are we going?"

 

Chandong answered. "To your heart."

 

Bogum made a sour face and touched his chest. "It's already occupied."

 

Byulyi rolled her eyes at her friends’ bromance. "Let's just go."

When they got to the broadcasting room, their newscaster, Hyeri, was prepping up. The group saw her and called, "Hyeri!" The girl glanced at them and smiled. They mouthed a 'fighting' and Koleen, who was doing her makeup, continued on what they were doing.

 

"Sowon-ie." Byulyi called out. After all, she’s the editor-in-chief. She has to do something because if something bad happens, it’ll backfire on her. The PD of the day, Sowon, came almost immediately. "Where's the line-up list?" She scanned around. "Where's the director?"

Sowon answered. The girl looks tensed as well. "It's Hayley, sunbaenim."

 

"Line-up list." She ordered. Sowon called another member, who brought a clip folder with her. The other member, Taylor, passed on the folder to Byulyi. "What's this segment? Ang Pinaka?"

The three guys behind Byulyi gulped and hid their faces. Of course, that segment is the epitome of their disgrace. They turned around to hide, but Sungkyung and Seulgi saw them, either way. "What are you guys doing?" Seulgi asked.

 

Bogum answered her, trying to hide his nervousness. "We're playing hide and seek."

 

Sungkyung raised a brow. "Who told you that you can do that in here? Do that elsewhere. Don't be nuisance to you hoobaes." She scolded them. "Hyunsik was looking for you."

 

The trio looked at each other, and thought of the most brilliant idea for escape. "Is he? Kaja, peeps!" Chandong, with a sly smile, led the group. "Oy, Byul, see you in class!"

 

Bogum nodded in agreement. "Nae, Hyunsik-ie is looking for us."

 

"Arasso!"

 

"See you!" Minhyuk was the last to leave, leaving the girls alone with the hoobaes.

 

"What's this, Byul?" Seulgi asked. “And what’s with your hair? It’s so ugly.”

 

“Way better than yours, at a that.” She rolled her eyes. "Oh, their line-up." Byulyi showed the two as she noticed Sowon's eyes directed to the door. "Waeyo, is something wrong?"

 

"Aniyo." Sowon shook her head. "It's just that, I asked those sunbaenims for an interview in the Ang Pinaka segment."

 

The three girls' jaws dropped.

 

"They made a fool of themselves, right?" Byulyi deadpanned.

 

"Byul, you're so mean!" Sungkyung contradicted. "They couldn't have done bad, right?"

 

"Ani, I'm sure they ." Seulgi added a nod to their statement.

 

"We're going to air it now." Sowon said as she lead the trio to the broadcasting table. "Engineers, please air the first segment."

 

The trio stared at their friends in the monitor.

 

"What"

 

"The"

 

“Hell."

 

 

"And FYI, you looked so stiff." Byulyi and Sungkyung were teasing the boys.

 

The boys hid their faces. "We know, okay!"

 

"Don't generalize us, the only stiff one here is Minhyuk." Chandong deadpanned, to the others’ agreement.

 

Sungkyung chuckled loudly. "I can't get over the fact that Chandong is low key flirting with a sophomore."

 

Minhyuk nodded at this statement and laughed along. "Oh, right. Byul, have you seen their behind the scenes? Chandong flirted with the freshman VJ of theirs, can you believe it?"

 

Byulyi shook her head and sighed heavily. "Lee Chandong, you are beyond hopeless."

 

"When was that?" Flustered, he asked. "And was that girl a freshman?"

 

Minhyuk nodded. "Jeon Somi? That's one of my kids' girlfriend."

 

"Heol, I thought she's Sowon's age."

 

Sungkyung asked, "Whose girlfriend is that?"

 

"Vernon."

 

"Eh?!" The two girls gasped. The boys groaned.

 

"Vernon is dating?" Sungkyung asked.

 

Byul glanced at her female friend. "Should we ask the kids to investigate about it?"

 

Sungkyung nodded. "I think we should."

 

Chandong rolled his eyes. "And here they are, accusing me of ia."

 

"The teacher's here!" Their classmate shouted, causing the class to rush to their seats. When the teacher got there, she dropped her things and smiled widely.

 

"Did you practice well?"

 

Byulyi looked over at Hyunsik and made a 'we're dead' motion. The hand gesture wherein the hand passes through the neck. Why? It's because Byulyi is nervous. She might forget her rap.

 

"Gwaenchana, Byul." He mouthed.

 

The teacher placed a basket on top of the table. "Drop your practice clip cd's here." The boys stood up and dropped their respective cds. The room was quiet for a while as the students waited for their teacher's decision. Moments passed until the teacher st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter