Thirteenth Page: Let's Not

Pen and Paper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Song of the chapter: 부담이 돼 (Anymore) by Jung Key ft Wheein of Mamamoo

The audience clapped and cheered loudly, and the writers present all knew that this performance would make it to their front page. Eunseo, from her spot, noticed the duo avoiding each other's gaze. "What's with them?" She asked Hwanwoong.

"Exactly what you saw."

"What?"

Hwanwoong sighed. "Don't you get it? Those two love one girl."

"Well, then, she's one lucky girl."

He nodded. "She is, indeed." He looked around, looking for that one person he knew who could be that person the two seniors were singing about. "Oh, where is she?"

On the backstage, Wonwoo and Mingyu decided to leave their two seniors alone for their 'alone time'. The two walked out of the backstage and Mingyu saw Eunseo again. This time, Hwanwoong and Wonwoo saw the two stare at each other. "If you do that, you might end up fated, man." Wonwoo joked, getting a light stab from his friend.

Mingyu shook his head and walked away. "Let's go."

Eunseo rolled her eyes and glanced at Hwanwoong. "Are there any more foods in here?"

Meanwhile, back in the backstage, Chandong and Minhyuk both sat on the table. They were both kicking their feet in the air, and there was nothing but comfortable silence between them. Sure, they were both friends, but in their rap battle, they both stated that they will revoke their friendship.

"Yah." Chandong started. "Did you mean those, in the rap battle?"

Minhyuk shrugged. "Fifty-fifty." He answered, with evident honesty.

Chandong sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair, showing frustration, but after that, he gave off a small smile. "I guess it goes both ways, then." He crossed his legs and he sighed another heavy sigh. "And perhaps my guess is correct that what you really mean is that you love her, a lot, at a that."

His friend nodded. "And you do, too."

"However." Chandong looked at Minhyuk. "Do you seriously think that I'd give up Byullie that easily?" He gulped. "I've loved her since we were children, you know that, of all people."

Minhyuk smiled. "I know you won't." He looked down, then looked straight into his friend's eyes. "But I can give up my brain and talent if that's what I need to be with her."

They stared at each other for some time until Chandong decided to break the ice with a soft chuckle that seems to resound on Minhyuk's ears. He and Byul loved that chuckle so much. It was too beautiful, even for a fellow man like him. "You are Lee Minhyuk, after all."

Minhyuk's smile went from one ear to another. "Sorry, man."

"No worries, Hyukkie." He looked up on the ceiling. "You know, we're both being extremely selfish. It's not like we own Byullie."

"I know, right? If she finds out that we've been fighting over her, she'd kill us. Like as in, dead."

Chandong nodded in agreement, "You know, the biggest plot twist would probably be that she doesn't choose any of us!" He laughed and Minhyuk followed right after. "Dude, what if she decides to date Hyunsik?"

"Nah, she's not the type to go back to her first love. I think Joohyuk is a suitable bachelor."

"You've got a point there." Chandong smiled and glanced at Minhyuk once more. "Let our match be her choice. Let the endgame be the final winner. Does that sound cool to you?"

Minhyuk nodded. "Cool as it can be."

"Umm, hyungs," Mingyu suddenly appeared in the backstage.

"Oh, Mingyu-ah, what brings you here?"

"I hate to break it to you guys, but something's up outside."

The two friends looked at each other with confusion as they made their way outside.

The last band just finished performing their last song, and everyone were asking for an encore. Even the first performers came out of the backstage to ask for the exact same thing. They can relate. Eunseo and Hwanwoong are both eating in the food stall, and the girl can't help but be curious. "Woongie, what's with that band? That's like their second or third encore."

Hwanwoong, bewildered at Eunseo's question, had his eyes popped out. "You don't know FREECOLD?!"

She rolled her eyes in annoyance. "If I knew, would I be asking you, huh?" She groaned and saw Mingyu once more. "I see him again."

Hwanwoong laughed a light laugh as the sisig they ordered arrived on their table. The smell of the meat sizzling was perfect for them. "You and Mingyu-sunbae must be fated."

"Cut it." She scooped a serving and looked away. "No one's gonna love a troll like me." Hwanwoong caressed her shoulder and smiled lightly before eating.

Meanwhile, back in the stage, after the last encore, the leader, Joshua, tapped the mic twice. "Hello?" He asked, and the crowd yelled. The other members stood up front and held hands. They raised their hands and bowed. They crowd were shocked, and they began murmuring. "Thank..... you so much." He spoke. The murmurs became louder, the chants and questions began appearing as well.

"Don't cry!"

"It's alright!"

"FREECOLD did the best today!"

"The only performance that can top Team 2!"

Joshua cleared his throat. "I'm here to officially announce FREECOLD's disbandment." Majority of the crowd gasped, some froze, some began to tear up. "Our three years in high school was a lot. We gained so much love during our first year. But as our graduation is slowly approaching, we decided to dedicate our final performance to children who are victims of child abuse, thus, the 'A Hand to Hold' fundraising concert. We didn't actually inform Byullie and Seul about this until yesterday, so Hyeri and Joohyuk had to revise their scripts last-minute. I'm sorry for that, mates. To tell you the truth, the five of us had different music preferences. One would prefer pop, the other likes rock, and another would prefer hip-hop. I mean, that's okay, but with that difference, we won't be able to make beautiful music." They held on each other's hands tighter. "We're still friends. We will be friends forever. That's our only reason, no other eerie ones. Just that."

They bowed once more and chorused, "Thank you for having us!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter