Fourteenth Page: Gone

Pen and Paper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed, months passed. It didn't take long before eventually, after all the hard work and pain and all the teacher crap they had to hold it, it's finally the last three weeks of school before the dream of every senior, graduation.

"Now we have Mr. Running-Valedictorian also running for Mythical Five and MVP damn Minhyuk-oppa, how to be you *po?" Chandong received a hit on the head from Minhyuk who was busy memorizing integration formulas.

*po- filipino formality

"I hate math, and I also hate statistics." He scoffed. Today is the last day of exams. Everyone, except Byul of course, hates math. They had to take two math exams today. Statistics and Basic Calculus. And yes, everyone hates math in this classroom.

Of course, except for our heroine who, again, changed her hair color to blue. "This is how you do it. Just don't forget about the constant term c at the end of it. It's not that hard when you look at it this way, since we learned about derivatives, too." She said, lending a private tutoring session to Bogum, who was sitting right in front of her. 

Ps: (a/n how I ended byul stans)

Our heroes are currently in the cafeteria for their lunch time. They finished their chemistry exam earlier, and now, they have to face the next two exams. "Uh, yeah, how about we skip this, Byullie?"

"No skipping! You want to graduate or not?"

Bogum sighed in defeat and went back to it again. An amazed Hyeri, who was watching everything, poked Byul. "Byullie." She called.

"Oh, why?"

"Teach me about definite integrals."

Byul flipped her notebook to her definite integral notes then she pointed at a numbered example. "It's simple. Integrate, substitute bounds then minus lower bound to upper bound." She scribbled a sample equation then said, "Try this one. It's an easy one." Hyeri nodded and then tried the example, as she said.

Suddenly, a running Hyunsik sat on their lunch table. "BYUL!" He yelled. When he sat down next to her, pushing Minhyuk away, panting, he passed her a paper. "What the hell is this?"

This time, Minhyuk stood up and pushed Hyunsik away from Byul. "Move it." He ordered.

"Aigoo! Lee-boyfriend is at it again!" Hyunsik teased, but before anyone else could react, he simply just changed the topic. "P-type hypothesis testing? I'm going nuts! Do I need to get critical values?"

"You only need a p-value. No need to get the critical value. You were given an alpha value, right? You just need to compare those two to get if you're gonna reject Ho."

"I didn't understand a thing but let's pretend that I did."  Hyunsik banged his head gently on the table and he started to munch on Seulgi's chips. "And chips help Seulgi, how?"

"For Hyunsik's record, those are nuts." She said, flipping a page of her photocopy of Byul's notes in Calculus.

"Heol, are those Byul's notes?" Chandong, who was sitting next to Seulgi, sneaked a peek at it. "You had them photocopied?! I spent two nights rewriting it!"

"That's your problem, not mine."

Minhyuk, while memorizing his paper, began to rest his head on Byul's shoulder, to which the girl did not seem to mind at all. Chandong smiled sadly.

He knew for sure.

It's never gonna be him.

After Minhyuk's breakup, he always seen him by her side much more often. Byul doesn't react that much. Chandong believes it now that he's seen it with his own eyes. He never did, before. He never thought that it would come to this. He doesn't know what to feel either.

He knows the choice will never be him.

He knows that she will never choose him over Hyuk.

"Sometimes not all stories are worth fighting for." Seulgi, the girl next to her spoke with a small smile, without taking her eyes off the notes. "Thought I'd let you know, but I've been keeping this." Suddenly, everyone's attention was on Seulgi as she began to rummage her bag. It didn't take long for her to bring out five envelopes from her bag. "Chandong, Wheein, Joohyuk, Hyunsik and mine." She nodded as she passed the envelopes and said, "I thought we should open it together."

Chandong opened his, and what he saw brought tears out of his eyes and onto the paper he began reading. "Greetings, Mr. Lee Chandong, you have been accepted in the University of the Philippines Sports Collegiate Program." He began crying and so did his friends. Minhyuk stood up, with tears in his eyes, Byul in his hands, the two friends didn't dare to hesitate as they jumped for a hug.

I lost this battle of love, but I will not lose the battle of life.

Everyone who got that letter were accepted to the university of their choice.

***

"FINALLY WE DECIDED T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter