Second Page: Match START!

Pen and Paper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
2 - Match START!

During the afternoon break, rather than staying in the cafeteria, Byulyi's rather busy as she scanned the try-out articles one by one.

"Blind Item: Son of school president is in Martvinson Academy... Basketball varsity scandal...?" She groaned and rolled her eyes. "Yah, Minhyuk, get me a trash bag."

Her seatmate, the brave soul, Lee Min Hyuk looked up as he removed one of his earphones. "For what?"

She gave him an irritated look. "Just get me one. Palli. All these articles are ugh!"

Minhyuk stood up then got a plastic bag from the cleaning equipment box. "Here." He gave it to her then he sat back down. Byulyi sneaked a peek from his phone and saw what he was watching.

"Is that Alyssa Valdez?" Alyssa Valdez is a volleyball player Minhyuk seems to idolize.

"Isn't it obvious?" Upon his remark, Byulyi rolled here eyes and continued browsing through the papers.

"Oh, and I just found my sports writer." She said as she saw an article about Alyssa Valdez. She stashed the article in a folder.

Soon, Bogum came into the classroom.

"Byulyi." He called her. He looked tired, for once.

"Oh, wae?"

"Can I please copy your class notes?" Bogum pleaded. "I really need it. Your notes are the best."

Minhyuk looked at Bogum upon hearing him. "You must be out of your mind." Then he focused back on the video. "And desperate."

"It's maths. Please."

Byulyi looked at Bogum. Although hesitant, she still gave it to him. "Here." She gave him her Jollibee notebook that contains all her math notes.

"Gomawo." He smiled and took his seat next to Byulyi and started copying the noted.

Minhyuk looked at Byulyi, looking betrayed. "What?" She questioned his look.

"Wow, it took you a few pleadings to give it to him, but," He smirked. "it'll take you forever to give me a copy of those notes!"

She rolled her eyes and started reasoning once more. "You said it yourself! He's desperate."

"Yeah, but he's gonna lend it to others!"

"I'm here, so it's fine. Talk about me." Bogum reminded them.

"I don't even care! I have to find news other than blind items! Is this how lowerclassmen look at their seniors? Like celebrities? Oh this is so gross." Annoyed, Byulyi called Yoo Sung Eun. Her head editor.

"Oh, you called, Byulyi? You done with the articles?"

Byulyi groaned in annoyance. "We have an awful problem."

"Hmm? What is it?" She asked.

"Did you do a review on the try-out papers?"

"What about it?"

"They're all gossips! Not even one is tolerable."

"I got in with gossips."

"We didn't. It was Jesse Robredo's death."

"Oh, was it that news?"

"Abwoya! Just send someone to get the papers. Choose the kids for call back."

"Ara, ara. Do something with that temper of yours."

"I will. Bye!" Then Byulyi ended the call and massaged her temples. She was just about to read another article when Nam Joo Hyuk, the school's Mr.#3 and the #1 Swimmer arrived.

"Byulyi. The coach calls for you." He said quietly and Byulyi nodded.

"Oh...kay?" Byulyi stood up and left her papers. "Hey, watch over my stuffs. If you don't, I'll kill you." She reminded Minhyuk.

"Fine." He plainly said as he watched Byulyi leave with Joohyuk. He gave the guy a glare. A deadly one, folks.

When Byulyi got into the office, her coach, Coach Ferrer greeted him. He's panicking for a reason we're about to find out. "Byul-ah!"

"Nae, Coach?" Byulyi asked as she sat on the sofa.

He looked at her with panic in his eyes. "They moved the qualifiers."

"They did? When?"

"Later."

"Oh, no issue." Obviously it wasn't an issue until it hit her. "BWOYA?! LATER?!"

The Coach nodded. "Nae. The list came clearly before the date we anticipated. Here's the list."

He gave her the list and she started to read the line up. "Aren't there too many newbies in the A-rank matches?" She asked.

"There was a promotion match last summer. Of course, there are many newbies. Even the B-class kids went there."

"What happened?"

"Shannon didn't play, Taehyung lost and Jinsil got two fouls and got dead."

"Those pabo--" but Byulyi got a hold of herself. "Wait. I haven't even practiced my eyes!"

"Call your friends."

"Ani! They have classes. Minhyuk will kill me if I excuse him from math!" She reasoned as she was panicking as well. Take a video of this, folks. The almighty Moon Byul Yi is panicking.

"He will understand your situation, Byulyi."

"Ani! He doesn't!" She said as she whined again.

"Then how come he comes to watch every single game of yours?"

She raised a brow. "I need someone to carry my stuffs."

"But you have your parents."

"They won't carry that no matter what."

"Then call him. And tell him to bring some other people to carry your exerscise material!"

She finally gave up. "Arasso." Then she called Minhyuk. In three rings, he picked up.

With an annoyed tone, he asked quietly, "What is it that's so urgent that made you call me during math class? Of all classes, Moon Byul Yi. You chose math class."

"Mianhae. But can you please come here in the Athletics office? With two other people you can easily pull out."  She requested.

"Wae? Is this one of your set-ups?"

"Ani! Call Seulgi and another guy."

"But didn't you just tell me to call two other people?"

"Seulgi is one of them."

"But what is th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter