Third Page: The First Love

Pen and Paper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 - The First Love

Song of the chapter: Illa-Illa by Juniel

Byulyi was rushed to the hospital. Hyunsik came with the ambulance while Hwiin followed shortly after. Minhyuk, who was observing through the radio also went to the hospital. When he got there, he went to the nurse's station immediately. He asked the nurse, "Miss, where's Moon Byul Yi's room?"

The nurse raised a brow. "Who?"

"Moon Byulyi. The archery girl who got hit by a basketball."

The nurse nodded. "Room 304."

"Thank you." Minhyuk nodded and dashed off. When he got there, he saw Hyunsik, who was pacing uneasily. "Yah. It's you, isn't it?" He threateningly asked Hyunsik.

The latter smirked. "Ani, I'm Hyunsik."

Oh, so YOU'RE Hyunsik. Minhyuk thought to himself. "But where's the basketball player." Hyunsik pointed at the other guy who's sitting alone and nervous. Surprisingly, he looked familiar. "Lee Chan Dong?"

Chandong bliked thrice. "Lee Min Hyuk?"

"Yah, you crazy bastard." Minhyuk crossed his arms and went to him. "Wow, who would have thought that we'd be reunited by an accident?"

Chandong smiled a bit. "Sorry." He bit his lower lip.

"How on earth did basketball end up in the archery field?" Minhyuk asked.

Chandong sighed. "One of Hyundai Academy's players can't be too far from home, his grandma is in the same hospital so the producers literally begged the archery people to help." Minhyuk nodded in understanding, but he still hit Chandong's neck. "Ow, that hurts!"

"Aigoo, what a great way to show yourself to your best friends, huh?" Minhyuk crossed his arms. "Is she awake?"

"Not yet." Just then, Chandong let out a small laugh. "Well, didn't this happen back in Middle School as well? I mean, our schedules definitely stole our trio time, but back in middle school, this happened too, right?"

"The weird meeting?" Minhyuk refreshed his memory then, "The volleyball, the basketball and the arrow?"

"LEE CHAN DONG COME IN HERE, NOW!"

The two boys' spine shivered.

"Dammit. She's awake."

***

Four years ago, in the same neighborhood,

"Forget it, Lee Chan Dong. Geolacus Academy will beat Martvinson Academy!" Byulyi said with confidence as she raised her bow as if she's going to hit Chandong.

Chandong also raised his basketball. "Shut up! We have Hayi to battle you in archery!"

She rolled her eyes at his remark. "We have Yook Sung Jae."

Chandong scoffed. "We have Seo In Guk!"

Byulyi's temper is slowly showing. "We have Nam Tae Hyun!"

Chandong let out his final card. "We have the sharpest shooter in middle school -- me! Lee Chan Dong."

Byulyi smirked. "We have the 9 to 10 only archer. That's me."

Just then, Minhyuk made an exit from his house. "Bwoya, it's only 8am. You two are fighting already."

"Chandong-ie is being a bastard again."

Minhyuk glared at Byulyi. "Your language."

Byulyi pouted. Then she remembered something. "What are you still doing here?" She asked Minhyuk. "Didn't you say that Minah's playing today for what was that game --?"

"Karuta?" Minhyuk helped her finish her sentence. "She'll win though."

Chandong stared at him. "Wow. There was a game called Karuta?"

Minhyuk hit his neck. "Of course, there is. This idiot."

Chandong frowned. "Owww." But Byulyi noticed something else that made her laugh. "Wow, what's so funny, huh?"

"It's just funny that we get to meet in the weirdest way possible." She smiled. "Look, we only met when our schools are up against each other, and it was only me and Chandong. Just then, Minhyuk suddenly shows up. Isn't that funny?"

The two boys smiled back. "That's why we should go to the same school in high school, you pabos!" Chandong suggested. The two others nodded at his suggestion.

***

"Looks like we met in a weird way -- again." Byulyi sighed as she glanced at her two best friends. "Lee Chandong. How many times do I have to tell you. Don't wax your hair too much! Look at it! Just look at it. You look so ugly!"

The two boys looked at their female friend. "Wow, you're the one to talk." Minhyuk remarked.

"I know, right? I guess she's already okay, I mean, she can insult people again." Chandong said and then he smiled. "So how are my favorite humans?"

Byulyi crossed her arms as she glared at him. "Who's the guy that suggested that we'd enter the same high school, hmm?"

Chandong pouted. "Yah, we're seniors already!" He glanced over at Minhyuk with curiosity. "Was her memory always this sharp?"

"She failed her biology quiz thanks to that memory of hers so--" before Minhyuk was even able to finish, Byulyi pulled his ear harshly. It's already the third chapter. You should know by now that Byulyi physically abuses -- no, rather, she hits him hard. "OWWWW! YAH! LET GO OF MY EAR!"

'How many times do I have to tell you not to dish anyone on my grades, huh?!" And she continued blabbering and hitting Minhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter