Fourth Page: Forgiveness, Sometimes.

Pen and Paper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Song of the Chapter: Can You Hear My Heart by Lee Hi

 

***

Right after picking up Hyeri from Byulyi's wrath, Minhyuk came to the principal's office as asked. "You called for me, Sir?"

 

The principal, pleased as he saw his favorite student, stood up and smiled at him. "Minhyuk-ah, we have other transfer students."

 

He looked around, saw who it was, and recognized some of their identitied, including Hyunsik. One appearance certainly raised his brows. "Lee Chandong?"

 

Yup, you saw it right. Lee Chan Dong is officially in Martvinson. "Hi, Minhyukkie!"

 

They exchanged their greetings, then the principal cleared his throat. "Send them off to their classes. Hyeri-ssi and Wheein-ssi are in 4-D, Hyunsik-ssi and Chandong-ssi are in your class."

 

"Nae." They bowed and the group left the office.

 

"How come you didn't tell us that you're transferring here?" Minhyuk immediately asked Chandong.

 

The basketball smiled cheekily and widely. "Viva surprises, my good friend."

 

His friend just smirked at him. "Yeah, let's see if you can still Viva Surprises Byulyi."

 

Chandong pouted and playfully clinged onto Minhyuk. "Don't be like that, Minhyuk-oppa~"

 

"Gross." Minhyuk glanced at Hyunsik. "Hey, might as well give you a heads-up, you're in the same class as Byulyi."

 

The archer just raised a brow. "Is that so?"

 

Wheein looked worriedly at Hyunsik. "Will you be okay?"

 

He just shrugged, raising a brow from both Chandong and Minhyuk, but Minhyuk just shrugged it off. He then glanced at Hyeri. "Don't you need to show up in the school newsroom?"

 

Hyeri nodded. "But I don't know where it is."

 

Minhyuk shrugged. This guy has been shrugging too many times in this story. "I'll bring you there." He looked at everyone. "Let's bring Hyeri to the newsroom first."

 

Even from a distance, they saw Byulyi was still rallying her forces. They approached them, with Minhyuk leading the group. She immediately saw Minhyuk. "Hyuk-ah, you have female recruits?" Then, she saw Wheein, totally oblivious to the situation. "Oh, Wheein-ah, why are you wearing our uniform?"

 

"Byul-ah, quit stating the obvious."  Chandong interjected suddenly. Byulyi just stared at him, once again, oblivious to the situation.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

Minhyuk apparently got tired of the guessing games -- guess he's never a fan of them. "They transferred here, crazy girl." He motioned Hyeri to come closer. "This is Hyeri. I know you know her. So, take care of her."

 

Byulyi nodded. "Arasso." She glared at Chandong. "Try out for basketball, okay?"

 

Chandong gave a thumbs-up and beamed. "Way ahead of you, my friend."

 

"Are you in our class?"

 

"Of course I am! So is this guy." He pointed to Hyunsik. That moment, Byulyi froze.

 

In a split-second, her tone changed. "What are you doing here?"

 

"I transferred."

 

Byulyi removed eye contact and said, "Wait for me to mention you, Hyeri. The news team is already here." She glanced over at Minhyuk. "Take them where you need to take them."

 

"Arasso." He glanced at his best friend. "Should we talk later?"

 

She agreed and glanced at Chandong right after creating eye contact with Minhyuk. "We three have to talk, like, ASAP."

 

***

 

In the classroom, while waiting for the third subject teacher, Minhyuk, Chandong and Bogum sat together. Chandong was always so friendly, so he bonded almost immediately to Bogum, and even Hyunsik, but their adviser told Hyunsik to sit far from the three boys since they were creating too much noise. One time, Hyunsik went to the bathroom.

Chandong huddled up the men to come closer. "Hey, what's with Byul and Hyunsik?"

 

Bogum raised a brow. "What's with them?" He asked.

 

Minhyuk answered without taking his eyes away from his book."Byulyi hates him."

 

"She does?" Bogum asked and Minhyuk nodded. "Since when?"

 

Both of them answered, "Since middle school." The two gave each other a meaningful look.

 

Chandong gasped. "That's the Hyunsik we keep talking about?"

 

"Yep, that's him."

 

In awe, Chandong exclaimed, "Woah. Liit ng mundo. [Such a small world.]"

 

"I know."

Just then, as if it was the speak of the devil, Byulyi entered the classroom. "Yah, everyone, our P.E is swimming! Hurry up and change!" When she said that, the kids in the class left the room one-by-one. She glanced at her friend, Lee Sunkyung. "Sun-ah, tara na! (Let's go!)"

 

Minhyuk also stood up. "Let's go. I'll lead you to the changing room."

 

After changing and travelling from the locker room to the swimming pool, everyone started to admire one another's bodies. Especially because the swimming team was there. Byulyi waved at Joohyuk, who was prepping for his swim. He rose from the pool and walked towards her. Apparently, the boys saw this. Minhyuk became evidently unhappy.

 

"Woah, may something ba si Joohyuk at Byul? (Does Joohyuk and Byul have something going on?)" Bogum asked as he saw a fuming Minhyuk.

 

Chandong smirked. "Malabo, Bes. (That's unlikely, dude.)"  He eyed Minhyuk and back to Bogum. "He's gonna find the needle in the haysack before he gets Byul."

 

"Let me talk to that Nam Joo Hyuk." Minhyuk was about to say something and was about to confront Joohyuk but ĺChandong pulled his wrist.

 

"Nah, let her have her fun. Are you her what, boyfriend?"

 

Just then, Minhyuk turned beet red, to which Bogum noticed almost immediately once more. "He's red."

 

Hyunsik laughed. "You like her?"

 

Dusgusted, he denied their claims. "Hell no. I'd rather marry Chandong-oppa." He began making aegyo and hugging Chandong.

 

"Oh, gross. Shoo."

 

"Then why did you turn red?" Hyunsik asked with curiosity.

 

Minhyuk pointed to a gir with her friends in her swim attire. "Krystal Jung." He lied.

 

Then, the boys blushed madly as they saw her perfect body. "Heol, she's hot." One pf them praised.

 

Minhyuk commented. "Protect pure Bogum's eyes."

 

"Pure?" Hyunsik chuckled. "I saw 50 shades of grey under his table, is that pure?"

 

"It's Chandong-ie's."

 

They were staring just fine until someone hit them at the neck. "Heol, you had fun staring at Krystal's body?" Sunkyung scolded them. "The teacher's here already!"

 

The boys ended their staring session as the teacher made them dip in the cold pool for a lesson.

 

***

 

Right after swimming class was pre-calculus class. Their teacher, a lazy one, at a that, decided to skip class so technically, they had nothing to do. Chandong was sleeping, Byulyi and Minhyuk were talking next to each other, while Bogum and Hyunsik are chatting in their respective world.

 

"Why did Chandong transfer, anyway?" Byulyi asked Minhyuk.

 

The latter shrugged. "Ewan ko diyan. [I don't know.]"

 

Byulyi scoffed. "You're no good, as always." She stood up and started searching under Chandong's desk secretly. One thing caught her eye. She quietly pulled it out and showed it to Minhyuk. Minhyuk, holding bavk his laughter, motioned the two other guys to see what they just saw. The two boys came closer and like the ither two, they either gasped or cursed. It's a MAXIM magazine.

 

"What the fck?" Hyunsik said.

 

Byulyo stood up and covered Bogum's ears. "Pure Bogum's ears!"and then,  she hit Chandong with the magazine -- hard, at a that.

 

His eyes went wide as he shot up. "ARAY! [OUCH!]"

 

"Chandong," she raised the magazine. "Maxim?"

 

Chandong stole it from her hand and he frowned. "Walang pakailamanan! [You shouldn't care about what I do!]"

 

She smirked. "Lee Chandong. We know each other for like, 13 years already. I know that you have movies in your room."

 

He  huffed. "Shh, Byul! Someone can hear you."

 

Her smirk went wider. "Gago, walang tao dito. [, there's nobody in here.]"

 

Chandong heaved a sigh of relief as he said, "Is that so?"

 

"What are we gonna do with you?" Byulyi asked once more. "Is that why you transferred here?"

 

"Don't you want me here?"

 

"I was shocked, hellooo?"

 

"I just wanted to keep my promise." With his last words, Byulyi smiled secretly and tapped his shoulder.

 

"Remember to wear protection." She said then she left the room.

 

The boys, except Chandong and Minhyuk gaped at what they just heard.

 

"How does she even know that?" Bogum asked.

 

"She grew up with boys." Then, they heard a knock on the door. Minhyuk glanced at the visitor. "Yes?"

 

"Hi, I'm Sowon, from 2-C. I would just like to ask the four of you for an interview."

Hyunsik pointed all four of them one by one

 

"The four of us?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter