First Page: Writer and Player's SCANDAL?!

Pen and Paper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first day of the last year in highschool. It's something that every senior anticipates. Yet it's also that one day that everyone comes to school early. Sadly, our story's heroine, whom we call Moon Byul Yi, is an awful exemption of the early birds.

"What the heck is taking you too long? You're not actually applying make up because make up or not, you're still ugly!" And this brave young man, my friends, is Lee Min Hyuk. Byulyi's best friend and favorite enemy. This brave man is knocking on the bedroom door of Byulyi. Because they're gonna be late. Out of annoyance, he opened the door. To his shock, his best friend wasn't wearing her usual glasses.

"Hyuk! I'm wearing contacts and I removed my braces. Don't I look pretty?" She asked.

"Ani. You still look ugly."

Byulyi glared and threw her bag to him. "Whatever!" Then she went outside her room.

"For once, you actually looked pretty." He complimented with a hint of sarcasm.

"This little brat." Byulyi removed her shoe and then started acting like she's going to feed it to him until her younger brother, Renyi, passed by.

"Noona! That's gross."

Byulyi glared at Minhyuk but he just smiled and pat her head.

"Mrs. Moon, we're leaving." Minhyuk said as he stepped out of the house with Byulyi.

"Nae, take care of my Byul."

"Nae."

"Bye Mom!" Byulyi smiled then waved goodbye. When they left, she closed the gate. Minhyuk gave her her bag then they started walking to the bus stop. She noticed that he brought two bags.

"Why are you bringing that much of excess baggage on the first day?"

"Try-outs. Don't you have try-outs in archery?" He explained.

"Aniya. We don't hold try-outs. Archery isn't even a club. It's just for competitions!" She said as she walked briskly.

"What about the school paper?"

"Oh it'll be fun! Just wait, okay?" When the pair got to the bus stop, there was already a bus and then the two sat on the back. "Yah, can you not be too overprotective?" Byul sighed as she started complaining. "No one continued courting me last year because of you!"

He raised a brow. "Why are you blaming me, now?"

"I am not blaming you. I'm telling the truth."

"You're just not pretty enough for you to have a guy who'll court you for a long time." He joked.

"Crazy brat." Aand we're at it again. Moonbyul just pulled out the rest of Minhyuk's eardrums.

"Ow! Ow!" I swear, a bus have never been so noisy.

***

Class has started for everyone. While most students in 4-A have been chit-chatting, Minhyuk and Byulyi kept fighting until their teacher finally came -- a total life-saver, to be exact. He just saved Minhyuk's life from total demise. "Minhyuk, Byulyi, please stop it. We have a new student."

Byulyi turned around to face Minhyuk and asked, "Yah, did you know about this?"

"No. I'm equally shocked as you."

"Come in, Park Bo Gum-ssi."

And all the girls smiled. Oh my goodness, he's so good-looking! Byulyi told herself. "Omo, Hyuk-ah. He's cute!"

"Cute? My apron is cute-er than him." He scoffed.

She looked at him with the look of 'are you crazy?' "Why are you putting the apron in the story?"

"It's the truth."

"Do not start talking to me about the truth because the truth is, the girls who like you must be blind." She started to speak louder.

"Shut up before I kiss you." He threatened.

"Me? Kiss? Hell no. YOU shut up before I smack you downward." Minhyuk gulped.

Bogum sat next to Byulyi. She grinned at Minhyuk and faced Bogum. "Annyeong! I'm Byulyi and this is the almighty, jackass Lee Min Hyuk!" She said as she introduced herself and her friend.

"Annyeong." Bogum meekly said.

"Aigoo, he's so meek." She said with a wide smile on her face.

Minhyuk rolled his eyes. "Bogum, don't bother with her. She's crazy."

"This little bastard." And the ear pulling is back again. It went on and on and on to the point that the teacher noticed it.

"LEE MIN HYUK. MOON BYUL YI! ARE YOU GANGSTERS?!" The two pulled back and sat properly like obedient children. "Why did the principal put me in this class?

***

After four long classes, it's finally lunch time. After falling in line, Byulyi and Minhyuk sat down. "Wow, there are lots of people chilling, right?" Byulyi said as she started to eat. Minhyuk started to eat as well. He sliced the boiled egg into half and gave egg whites to her. "Oh, thanks." Minhyuk just nodded and started eating.

"What are you eating?" Minhyuk asked while looking over at her tray.

"Food."

"Quit stating the obvious." Minhyuk was about to get some of her food until she blocked his attack.

"No way, brigade." She said as she defended her food-garrison.

"Bad pun. Give me some!" He exclaimed.

"No way, Norway!"

Then Minhyuk rolled his eyes. "Worse pun. Just give me a bite." Byulyi gave up and gave him some of her octopus hotdog.

Soon, Byulyi saw Bogum enter the cafeteria. "Oh, is that Bogum?" She said then she raised her arm.

"Byulyi, don't you dare --" he said. But he was too late.

"Bogum, come sit!" Then she motioned him to come over.

"You crazy woman." He remarked.

"Thank you for the compliment." Soon, Bogum sat with them.

"Thank you." Bogum thanked them the he started eating. Byulyi looked at him curiously. "Mianhae, but is there something on my face?"

Byulyi smiled widely and said, "Since you got here, you only spoke three things. Thanks. Sorry and your name."

"Quit harassing him, woman!" Minhyuk exclaimed.

"I am not!" Then the war in the well began again.

Then Bogum asked the obvious. "Excuse me, but are you siblings?"

Minhyuk choked and Byulyi almost threw up and said, "That's the worst thing I've heard today."

"We get that all the time." Minhyuk agreed.

"Oh, so are you dating?" Bogum asked again.

Byulyi's eyes went wide. "Is there anything worse than worst?"

"No, that's superlative. Bogum, we are not dating. I'd rather hang myself in a tree." Bogum chuckled at the two. Minhyuk suddenly became curious. "So what bought you here? To this county, I mean."

"My dad and I moved here not too long ago. And this school is nearest to home."

"Where do you live?" Byul asked then suddenly, a drip of mustard dripped from .

"Crazy woman. Eat properly, will you?!" Minhyuk said as he wiped the mustard from her face.

"Oh, sorry." Byulyi focused back on Bogum. "Where do you live, again?"

"Just behind the school. The leather shop."

Byulyi gasped. "Oh, near the bakery? We should stop by soon, Minhyuk."

"When you get the time. I'm not the busy one." Minhyuk said then he muched again.

"What about you two?"

"Glory Ville." Minhyuk answered. After a bit, he finished eating. But Byulyi already finished before he did and she fell asleep on the chair with head above her crossed arms that are above the table. Minhyuk cautiously removed the tray in front of her.

"She looks so... peaceful." Bogum complimented.

"She usually sleeps after eating. She needs to recharge her brain. Sometimes, she eats chocolate." Bogum nodded.

Soon, the bell rang and they had to go to class.

"Wake up. Class is about to start." Minhyuk said as he nudged her.

"Don't wanna!"

"Get up or else I'll leave you."

Byulyi stood up and pouted. "Arasso."

Bogum chuckled and Minhyuk smiled as he pulled Byulyi back to the classroom with Bogum trailing behind them.

***

After the classes, Minhyuk came to the volleyball gym for the try-outs. Being the team captain, he has to supervise the try-outs. "All applicants, fall in line!" He shouted. The group of applicants fell in line. "Name, year and class."

One by one, the applicants told him their names. A starter player from the back stuck on their names on their back. "Now do me a favor and not drop those papers. If you do, then you're out."

The applicants all gulped. Soon, a knock startled everyone. "Park Bogum?" Minhyuk asked. "You can play?"

"Nae." Bogum was wearing his PE clothes and was ready for his try outs. Minhyuk nodded an shrugged it off.

"Okay, get your name."

"Park Bo Gum. 4-A."

After Bogum got his name on, the group started playing. Minhyuk began it with a whistle. "So this is it. We'll be choosing only a few. We're going to need seven but there's 13 of you so three will be out. The one who will stand out the most today will be a regular. Do I have that clear?"

"Yes, sir." The applicant simultaneously said. Minhyuk and the rest of the starters stood on the other side, against the applicants. With a whistle, the two teams started playing.

Soon, the battle got more intense. One by one, the applicants would have their name tags removed. In the midst of the do-or-die battle, Byulyi arrived with Minhyuk's school bag and water. Minho, a starter, saw her and smirked. "Your yeojachingu is here."

Minhyuk looked at where Byulyi was and glared at Minho. "I am not dating Byul. You know our relationship."

"Says the guy who kicked Mark out of the team because he started courting Byulyi." He teased back.

"I didn't."

"You did." Just then, Minho remembered that he was on the game. "Oy, Minhyuk, the ball!"

And the craziest part? The ace and the captain just stared as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter