CHAPTER 2

A dorky Heart

 

Leeteuk’s POV

 

My head hurts from the practice. I was so much into winning that I let Taeyeon almost lose every baby fat she has. Of course it’ll benefit her kekeke… I pounded my head to my fist, hoping to ease the headache.

hyung, kinchana?” ryeowook asked, poking his head towards my room. He was already in his kitchen wear, pink gloves and apron. Sungmin would love that appearance.

“I need some aspirin, I think” I said heading towards the comfort room. I wash my face, its kind of really cold in korea every morning.

“you shouldn’t be spending late hours practicing.” ryeowook said matter o factly, both hands in his hips. He was always like that, his care towards the members is impressive.

“I’m fine dongsaeng.” I said, patting his back. “Really. And taeyeon has to lose that very little belly fat, she’s eating too much lately. It’ll help her”

“your concern is appalling.” Ryeowook said mischievously. I hit his head gently with my fist.

“silly maknae. You’re lucky your hyung loves you very much.” I laughed referring to myself.

“I know, saranghaeyo hyung.” Wookie said flashing his teeth.

“what’s our schedule today?” asked Siwon  in his pajamas. He was already done eating and looked as if he was just finished hitting the treadmill.

“we actually have a starking taping today.” I said, looking at how buff he became since his daily appearances to Korean dramas. I was always the regular of the show. But somehow this day is important because all of the members are there. And snsd, my dongsaengs. I already become the leader of the leaders, the elder brother of every SM dongsaengs. It’s an honor actually, but a bit bothersome. Must have good image always.

“YAHHHH!”

It came from Yesung and Kyuhyun’s room. Kyuhyun the second to the last maknae was still sleeping but Yesung was already eating his breakfast while surfing the internet. Apparently he was the one who shouted as if really bewildered. Wookie, Siwon and I stormed to their room.

“gosh, so dirty. Yah, pick your dirty shirts here!” said ryeowook squinting at the floor.

“you gotta see this.” Yesung said pointing to the screen. Everyone looked. It took me a couple of seconds before I realize what the content was.

SUJU’S LEADER LEETEUK AND SNSD’S TAEYEON, SECRETELY DATING??

It seems that a lof of love is springing from both leaders of the idol groups Super Junior and SNSD. These leaders, Leeteuk and Taeyeon were first spotted being intimate with each other during Sukira’s kiss the radio show. Netizens recently spotted that they have the same heart necklace and bunny earrings. Both also have the same cellphone wear. It seems that these eagle eyed netizens are already in the loose to identify the real score.

 

I don’t know what to say…

hyung is this true?” asked yesung curiously. I don’t know if he was just kidding in spite of the serious mode he had or if it really was true, he looked like his turtle pet.

“we have the same accessories but it’s a coincidence.i bought those stuffs first.” I blurted reading the article again and again. Unfortunately, it was all over the search engine. “and with  that intimate thing, was it really intimate? Were just like playing. We’re not the only ones doing that.”

“that is playing? It’s like you’re both in an isolated world!” said eunhyuk laughing, I laughed too, remembering how Taeyeon pretended to be a gangster while lightly punching me. It seems that the fans are already taking the news in a different perspective. I hope they really understand our situation.

 “yah, I hope taeyeon does not take this things seriously.” I said letting out a sigh.  Its just netizen opinion. But really, its been a long time since the spotlight was on me.”

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

It can’t be…

The news between teukie oppa and I. it was weighed out of proportion. I sanked glumly in the chair reading the articles for the nth time. I can’t handle too much stress like this. I like him. So much because he is a good leader and all, and a very cool elder brother towards everyone in the building. but this can’t be publicized. I must take an action for these. For snsd…oh no, what do I do?

 

STARKING TAPING

 

Leeteuk’s POV

 

The members and I are already in the dressing room, fitting our clothes. My other dongsaengs were also there, the snsd. They are so beautiful in their matching striped outfits. Taeyeon was the most striking, probably due to the aura she has. I caught her eye and smiled, apparently she just turned her head away. I don’t know what happened. Maybe because of the news?? I just hope not.

yah oppa, you look good!” exclaimed yoona squeezing my shoulder. I shrugged, I have back ache from practicing. But I must have looked good, because I notice some make up girls staring at me. Having a neat hair must have done the trick.

kamsamnida” I said pinching her cheek. “you look cute too. Awfully cute”

“aw, oppa, you have such way with words.” Yoona smiled hugging me. Donghae must be pissed. I really am close with my dongsaengs. But I wonder why being close with taeyeon causes too much commotion. Maybe because we’re both leaders.

I saw taeyeon flinched from a far. I smiled.

yah what’s with taengoo? She looks like she hates me” I asked yoona while looking at her from afar.

“I don’t know. But hey we saw the news” yoona said poking my arm. “it causes quite a stir from the cyber squad. Better be careful.”

“what’s the point? I’ve been linked to a lot of women anyway, even you. “ I laughed pinching her nose.

 

The taping went well and MC kang Ho Dong even thanked me for my antics. Everybody seems to laugh at every move I make, it’s like I’m a walking clown except that I’m not wearing any big shoes nor heavy make up. After the rigorous taping, the boys and the snsd  were brought to a restaurant for dinner. We ate so much meat due to the long hours of taping. I personally have to eat a lot of ramen because  it is my favorite.The boys and the girls seem to get along well. We even have the so called super generation pairings. For me it seems odd due to the of six to seven years. I almost look like a lost elder brother. Before paying the bill, I saw Taeyeon flipping messages through her phone. She must be scanning something because she was so intent in reading. Her sparkling eyes suddenly went a bit too gloomy. She headed outside. Most of the people in the room didn’t notice her going out. I suddenly took the urge to follow. I saw her walking back and forth as if she did not know what to do.

“Taengoo, its cold here, why don’t you get inside?” I asked her.

“what are you doing here? Leave me alone” she said, continuing her walk.

“why?” I asked. “ taeng what’s the problem? you’ve been like that ever since the taping. Is something wrong? Otokke?”

“you don’t know what’s the problem?” she asked sarcastically, almost crying.” Then see this”

She just showed me an article of me and her being linked together.

“taeng, is that bothering you?” I laughed returning her phone.” Taeng, it happens a lot to idols, why does it bother you, you’ve been linked to other guys, why not to your umma right?”

“and you know how I handle those” she said forcefully. She was referring to the number of male idols being linked to her.

“so what do you want us to do? do you want me to say something to the media?”I asked gently reaching for her hand.

“just… leave me alone” taeyeon said ignoring my hand. And she walked out.

“kim taeyeon!” I called running after her. “please, talk to me!”

“stop following me!” she shouted crying. “you, you take this stuff as if it’s just a joke. You know the number one rule in the company. Idols shouldn’t be together. If this gets to them they will definitely get at us. Were both leaders and we should be responsible to our members! Can’t you be considerate for once??”

“haven’t I been considerate?” I asked worried. I began to worry about my status as a leader.

“look, I don’t like these idea of seeing us as pair of lovey dovies. It kills me.” She said matter o factly. “ I--i  have a plan.”

“what’s your plan?”

“don’t be close to me ever again.” She choked but with strength in her voice.

“taeng, don’t be so overreacting.” I said looking straightly to her in the eyes, as if pleading. I looked as if I was about to cry but I held on to my tears. “we can handle this, just let the issue pass, we’ll still continue our friendship and—“

“do you think I ever want to be friends with someone who’s linked to me and ruin my career or everything what we have started?” taeyeon shouted. She wiped her tears quickly and exhaled a deep breath.”you know how I handle this situation. Everytime a guy is linked to me, I make myself swear not to ever get close with that guy again. So please, I don’t want to get close to you anymore.”

I don’t know how to move anymore. It’s like my feet are being glued to the ground. Taeyeon walked out in my sight again. She just left me hanging. And my world turned upside down in an instant.

 

SUJU’s dorm

 

“I’ve known her since she was a trainee, why is she doing this to me?” leeteuk sobbed. He was leaning on ryeowook’s shoulder and the maknae was his head in sympathy. Donghae wiped the leader’s face with his towel while eunhyuk and yesung were sitting beside them on the floor, with heads bowed down.

“hush now, its alright. I’ll talk to yoona, maybe she can help us, ok hyung?” donghae suggested. “just please don’t cry, kangin will be worried and kibum and hankyung too.”

“I’m sorry, I just cant handle this.” Leeteuk said, tears flowing from his eyes. A flash of Taeyeon’s image made him cry even more.

yah, whats the commotion?” kyuhyun emerged from his room looking as if he was in a computer break. He stopped at the look of their leader’s face. “hyung, kinchana?”

“can that face be alright, he looks like a human waterfall.” Heechul suddenly popped out from nowhere. He was back from buying groceries for himself. “yah, I bought some soju, you guys want a drink?”

“that will be awesome, good suggestion.” Yesung said taking the wine and headed to the kitchen to get some cups.

“leeteuk ssi, just cry everything out and drink some of this soju. Hey, I bought this for you so you should drink.” Heechul said with a worried look on the face. He does not want his only hyung to be sad.

hyung, we can discuss everything in your room tonight.” Ryeowook said gently.

“I can be a solo DJ if you don’t wanna feel like attending sukira.” Eunhyuk suggested.

Leeteuk shooked his head. “its ok, I will continue my activities.”

“where is siwon when you needed him??” heechul babbled while pouring out the soju. Siwon apparently, was busy filming for a Korean drama. Shindong was also busy taping a show.

“im sure they’ll call you when they’re not busy.” Donghae said still cleaning leeteuk’s face. “hyung, you’re a mess. I’ll give you a bear hug.”

 

Leeteuk’s POV

Everytime taeyeon sees me, she wouldn’t talk to me for long. Just few hi and hellos. Only yoona and the other snsd would only talk to me, except of course if its leader business where taeyeon should take over. The stuff goes on for couple of months. And the rumors between us died down slowly. I also took my part of explaining to the media the real score between us. Truthfully its really fake, I just don’t know why she takes such stuff seriously. I missed the times where we would talk, where she tells me all her worries and problems. Now that I became a part of her worries, she dumped me in mid air, not knowing what to do. I cannot blame her entirely, taeyeon cares for her reputation as well as the snsd members. Wookie already told me to move on, everytime we discuss the issue every night. He would stay awake all night waiting for me after sukira just to prepare my midnight snack and to talk to me. Even donghae would stay and kyu, even though he likes to play 24/7, would lend his ears to listen. Heechul would give me love advices, and being the one with the same age as mine, I slowly learn how to move forward. I learned for months how to really value my members. And I would promise myself to be a very good leader to them.

hyung, phone call!” yesung called from the room. I forgot that I left my phone in his room, we were busy playing with his turtle.

“hello?” I asked while brushing my hair with my fingers. I already got a make over for myself. It’s like a make over for heartbreak. I know it’s usually girls who do that. But guys do too. I dyed my hair chestnut brown, I already have bangs like what I used to have during super junior H. only I would gel them like the one I got at super junior concert in japan.

anyeong oppa!” said a girl’s voice

“who’s this?” I asked but I remember hearing the voice from Sukira, in which she was  a guest.

“park Kahi, remember? Im the leader of after school.”

She was the leader of the other girl group. Kahi is known as a very talented girl. And mickey yoochun of DBSK’s ex.

“oh, Kahi, how are you?” I asked. Yesung was grinning and I lightly punched him in the chest.

“im fine jungsu oppa, I just want to ask a big favor.” Kahi said. “can we talk by tomorrow? My manager will just talk to your manager. We’ll be at your company in say,,, tomorrow afternoon?”

“oh, im afraid we’ll have practice still.” I said biting my lip.

“maybe after that?by dinner?” kahi asked. I heard giggling girls in the background and she went to shush them out.

“okay, by tomorrow then. See you.”

kamsamnida oppa!”

“who’s that?” donghae throwed himself at yesung’s bed. “sounds like a girl voice.”

“park Kahi from After School.” I said playing with my hair.

“what does she want hyung?”

“I don’t know, she’ll see me tomorrow with the manager.” I said wondering.

 

SM BUILDING: SNSD AND SUJU PRACTICE FOR THE DREAM CONCERT

 

“I don’t know why we have to practice in one room.” Sunny said while munching some Korean chips. Sungmin smiled from the other end of the room. He was practically looking at her in aegyo.

“its okay, as long as we have the oppas around.” Said tiffany twirling her hair. “my, leeteuk oppa sure looks sizzlin.”

Taeyeon flinched, looked at leeteuk then turned her head away focusing at her dance routine.

yah oppa!” tiffany called leeteuk out. Leeteuk gelled his hair upwards, and the white v neck shirt he was wearing highlighted his fine shaped body.

booya?” leeteuk asked going towards her direction.

“oh nothing, you just look hot today.” Tiffany giggled rubbing his arm. “ne oppa?”

kamsamnida.” Leeteuk winked. He looked at taeyeon, who just went talking to hyoyeon for some dance moves. Before, taeyeon would ask him how to perfect a certain routine. Now, she would only go to Hyoyeon. He sighed then turn towards tiffany.

He sighed again. “can I have that?” he asked tiffany pointing to the spicy rice cakes.

“sure, I’ll feed you.” Tiffany smiled and handed leeteuk a piece to his mouth.

kamsamnida.”

The line up for the dream concert was snsd performing before super junior, reason for them to be placed in the same room for practice. Snsd would be performing genie, oh! and run devil run, while suju would do bonamana, no other and their famous hit, sorry sorry. Leeteuk was always looking at taeyeon perform. She does belt some good high notes even when dancing rigorously. He was sure worried that she would tire herself. Taeyeon is a very much a perfectionist. Leeteuk led the guys for their turn, counting as they practice.

 

Suddenly the door of the practice room opened. A tall girl with straight dark brown hair emerged with her manager and suju’s manager. She was wearing white shirt with a logo, skinny torned jeans and ugg knee length boots. Everyone looked at her in awe. The snsd girls were somehow embarrassed with their sweat drenched outfits.

“jungsu where are you?” called suju’s manager. He was in high spirits.

“looks like there’s a huge deal.” Jessica chuckled while eyeing the girl suspiciously.

“its park Kahi!” sooyoung whispered. “we had a dance battle with her before!”

Leeteuk headed to Kahi’s direction. The leader of after school greeted him with a shake in the hand.

“nice to see you again jungsu oppa.” She smiled. Leeteuk raised an eyebrow but smiled to himself, he was quite uncomfortable being called by his real name. in Korean, to be called by your real name, you must be really close to that person.

“er,, what seems to be the real score?” asked leeteuk, suddenly In wonder.

“it seems that we don’t need a place to deliver the good news.” Leeteuk’s manager said happily. “jungsu, you and Kahi are the chosen idol leaders at We Got Married.”

“wha----, are you serious?”leeteuk asked bewildered. Kahi giggled but remained in her leader like stature.

“it seems that the management of we got married wanted couples who are near their 30s and you and kahi fit the part best, having good reputations as leaders.” Kahi’s manager said. “that is why you will be joining her at the show. SM entertainment already has agreed that you will participate and they are very much happy to include another talent in the show, congratulations.”

“see you at the wedding!” kahi joked. She and the manager, followed by leeteuk’s manager headed outside. Kahi winked at leeteuk and catwalked til they’re out of view.

Leeteuk’s gaze floated in mid air, he was blunt from the reactions of the people inside the practice room.

“looks like somebody’s hitched!” heechul shouted, happy at the incident.