Chapter 29

A dorky Heart

Leeteuk’s POV

Kim taeyeon…

You were once the fourteen year old girl who I kept ignoring since we were both trainees. Back then I was a twenty year old fellow with diminishing dreams of debuting. Fate had set us to know each other. We were both destined to be leaders. You’re taking care of your own girl group, I am taking care of mine. These caring characteristic enabled us to know each other. I came to know how strong and mature you are. And so independent, riding a bus for long hours just as so you could reach your home after endless hours of dances and songs. I came to know the smart Kim taeyeon who would quietly sit down as girls argue but a word of mouth from you will enable them to stop. You’re a mix of everything, beautiful, smart, kind and caring.

Maybe because you were so young back then that I didn’t take notice a full grown woman beneath you. Maybe because you were fond of calling me as your uncle that I just took you for granted as my little sister. But times change and people change. I now see you as someone I wanted to be with for the rest of my life.

They say that a heart beats for the right one. And I know that even though it was already a couple of times that this heart skips beats, it knows rightfully where it belongs--- to your heart.

Kim taeyeon, saranghae… will you marry me?

--------------------------------

SNSD DORMITORY 5:00 am

Taeyeon’s POV

unni.”

“wha—“ I rolled on the bed to cover myself with my favorite blanket. It was five am, so early! I don’t know what went through Sunny waking me at wee hours in the morning. her name really suits her well.

“give me time to sleep, I slept late.” I mumbled, tucking myself under the covers. I really slept late because I was waiting for any texts or calls from leeteuk. Unfortunately there was none. I guess he was too busy with the so called “important business” he has.

unni, wake up. Quick!” said sunny. This girl, aish. If only she weren’t that close to me I really wouldn’t budge in bed right now.

“what do you want?” I asked as I sat up and went to rub my eyes.

Sunny grinned at me.

“were going to a resort today unni.” She smiled, tugging my hand.

“resort?”

“um, yeah? As in r-e-s-o-r-t?” I winced as sunny spelled out the words for me.

“what’s the occasion?” I asked. I glanced at the baby blue calendar glued to my wall. No snsd member has a birthday today. Even my manager doesn’t have one.

“no occasion.” Sunny told me. “but the oppas invited us to come.”

Oppas? Does she mean the suju oppas?

“what’s wrong with them?” I suddenly wondered.

“silly!” sunny poked my head. “they just want to have a nice outing, that’s all.”

I raised my eyebrow. The oppas calling for a day out is tricky.

“going out with them is suspicious.” I blurted.

aish.” Sunny pulled me with a force that sent me to almost bump at the study table. “get up and pack, everyone’s ready except you.”

mwo? You pack so early!”

Sunny rolled her eyes.

unni, its not everyday that we go to a resort.”

--------------------------------

SUJU BOYS DORM

“where’s teukie’s board shorts?” heechul called out. He was sandwiched between donghae and eunhyuk who were also busy preparing some stuffs of their hyung.

“teukie hyung’s shorts? Right here.” Ryeowook ushered a pile of clothes he was carrying.

He suddenly looked at the way heechul was packing.

hyung, its not the right way to pack, aish.” The third maknae  squeezed in between heechul and eunhyuk.

“well if youre so good at it then pack it yourself.” Heechul spat.

“easy.” Donghae cooed. “wookie ah, have you seen my shaving cream? It was gone two days ago.”

“do I look like a lost and found helper?” ryeowook rolled his eyes as he neatly piled leeteuk’s clothes.

yah, can we play a trick on hyung? Let’s include non-white stuff in his things.” Donghae smirked. He knew that leeteuk would freak out if neither one of his stuff has white in it.

“hmm…” heechul liked the idea.

“he paid for the resort and this is what youre gonna do to him?” ryeowook shook his head.

Eunhyuk laughed.

yah, wookie, be a child sometimes.” He flashed his gummy smile.

Siwon entered the room and noticed that everyone were busy packing leeteuk’s things.

“I can’t believe that hyung’s gonna pay for us all with reservations and hotel.” He suddenly blurted.

“who’s the richest anyway.” Heechul laughed. Aside from him, leeteuk was the top earner in SJ.

“huh? Filthiest?hyung’s not the filthiest.” Siwon stared at them blankly. Heechul shook his head.

“there, no white sutff.” Ryeowook finalized the preparations by squeezing in leeteuk’s facial wash.

Eunhyuk can’t help but to giggle.

“what’s the commotion in here?” kyuhyun entered the room while playing with his psp.

“are you done packing?” ryeowook asked.

“not yet.”

mwo?” heechul grabbed a pile of leeteuk’s white shirt and threw a piece at the maknae. “the girls are waiting for us, pack now!”

“girls will take time to pack.” Kyuhyun said matter o factly.

He slumped on leeteuk’s bed and laid there, enjoying his game.

aish, pack pack pack.” Heechul kept hitting kyuhyun’s stomach with the shirt.

“don’t want.”

“I’ll tell seohyun that you’re the reason why we’re late.” Siwon said.

Kyuhyun stood up and made an exit.

“new trick eh?” donghae smiled, watching kyuhyun ran all the way to his room.

------------------------------

SNSD DORMITORY

“they said they’re going to be here in ten minutes, what’s taking them so long?” hyoyeon asked. The nine girls were already outside their dormitory waiting for their ride.

“I bet heechul took time to pack.” Jessica smiled. She always knew that heechul takes time picking clothes.

“or they’re so many and there’s only one bathroom so it really took their time.” Sunny said while looking at taeyeon flipping at her phone.

“he won’t text you, he’s busy.” Sunny said.

“how do you know?” taeyeon looked up. Two days of leeteuk missing in action. She really missed his presence.

“oh here they are!” tiffany clapped her hands. A black coaster van parked infront of the girls and opened.

Sooyoung was too excited to marched herself first.

annyeong oppas!” she greeted, hauling her baggage.

“that’s too many, will you be out for a week?” sungmin blurted, referring to sooyoung’s stuff. He helped the girls carry their bags one by one.

annyeong.” Seohyun bowed and sat next to kyuhyun who turned off his psp so he can talk to her.

annyeong.”

“hi.”

“morning.”

Taeyeon was the last one to board the bus.

“hi.” She said rather glum.

“taeyeon ah, what’s with the face?” donghae noticed the reaction.

Taeyeon shook her head.

“nothing.”

“she misses teukie oppa.” Yoona said, looking for the aircon.

“heechul oppa, eunhyuk oppa, sungmin oppa, wookie oppa, kyuhyun oppa, yesung oppa, siwon oppa, donghae oppa… where’s shindong?” yuri asked.

“there in the driver seat.” Siwon told her. a smiling faced shindong turned his head towards their direction and smiled.

“I’ll join you.” Sunny told shindong as she made her way next to the driver’s seat.

“you’re leaving me?” sungmin did a puppy face. “yah, wait for me.”

Sungmin went with sunny for the front seat.

“yo, you want?” heechul offered taeyeon a pepero stick but she just shook her head. “why? So glum?”

“haven’t talked to him for a while.” Taeyeon replied darting her eyes outside.

“he’s just into some business.” Heechul smiled. “he wont be that long. We packed his stuff so he’ll just follow.”

“he told you that?”

ne.” heechul nodded. He knew everything about leeteuk’s plan. All the people in the bus too, except for taeyeon.

-----------------------------

KIM FAMILY HOUSE

Leeteuk’s POV

I glanced at mr. kim who keeps on looking at the newspaper, reading some news. On the other hand, I was busy looking at wedding brochures while mrs. Kim writes down some possible wedding venues. She was so giddy to everything that I almost let her do the work. I’m also thankful at the same time.

“I’ll be sad if taengoo doesn’t agree on marrying you.” Mrs. Kim blurted as I took time staring at the bridal gowns. I blushed. Taeyeon does have the final word.

“I’ll just wait if she doesn’t agree.” I smiled at her. “at least she doesn’t have to worry fixing the schedules.”

“so taeyeon has to wait for two years?” mr. kim asked. I nodded.

I have a really fixed plan. I will be thirty next year. So when I go to the army, I will be back when I’m thirty two. At thirty two, I’ll be reconciling with taeyeon for two years, to get to know each other more, to really think about if were really made for each other. Then if things really go on smoothly, we’ll get married when I’m already 35 and taeyeon at 29 years. I want taeyeon to enjoy her singing career, so she will be more open to opportunities in entertainment.

Mr. and mrs. Kim supported my plan so much because they knew that it was the best for their daughter. I’m not forcing taeyeon to be with me, in fact I’m giving her all the time to decide. I just want to be a part of her. and she can always drop off the engagement if she feels that the relationship is not working.  She has all the time and freedom.

I told this plan to ji oong and he never agreed on it. he wanted taeyeon and me to be really together in the future. In fact, he had already decided what to wear just incase the wedding really push through. When I told him that I am going to propose, he really hugged me to the point that I was struggling to breathe.

“I always wanted to be your little brother.” He said as he put his arms around my shoulders.

My family. I called eomma on the phone and told her about my plan. I was also with mrs. Kim on the other end of the line. My mother was really surprised. She cried for tears of joy. On variety shows I would always mention how my mother wanted me to start a family soon because she knew that time flies fast so easily, and she wouldn’t want to miss the moment where she would play with my future child.  As for my sister? Like ji oong, she sped off the nearest department store to look for her own clothes.

“jeju island for honeymoon?” mrs. Kim suggested.

eomma, we cant decide for that right now, taeyeon has to agree on me first.” I smiled at her. the disappointed look on her face sent a pout on mine.

“what if taeyeon doesn’t agree on you and you have all things fixed?” mr. kim asked while holding out some of the brochures I was looking awhile ago.

“she can have that preparations for her future husband.” I said positively. I didn’t know if the idea helped me or not.

“that’s really daunting.” Mr. kim laughed.

--------------------------------

RESORT

Taeyeon’s POV

We landed on this familiar looking resort. Its an indoor resort but it also has pools outside the facility. The scenery was all blue and very Hawaiian. All the staffs were embellished with matching floral clothes and dresses. Inside the place was a very welcoming reception area. Heechul led us to the counter so we can all get our key cards. The technology nowadays, all doors have key cards.

“reservations for mr. park jungsu.” I heard him say. The receptionist immediately nodded and asked for leeteuk’s identification card. What is he talking about? Leeteuk paid for all of this?

Heechul looked at me and noticed the confused look on my eyes. He darted off his stare to the counter instead.

unni, we had a concert here before.” Seohyun muttered. I glanced around and realized that this was the exact place where we performed two years ago.

I was shocked to see seohyun holding kyuhyun’s hand.

“are you… are you?” I asked her. seohyun smiled and shook her head.

“I just like holding his hand.” she told me. Seohyun really likes holding other people’s hands.

I looked at kyuhyun and squinted.

“don’t take advantage.” I mouthed. He only looked at me and flashed a very menacing smile.

“girls, suite 101, boys suite 102.” Said heechul. I reached out for the key card to the girls room but he gave it to hyoyeon instead. Hyoyeon winked at me and placed the key card to her pocket.

mwo?”

“suite 103.” Heechul grinned giving me the third key card.

“but I want to be with the girls why do I have a separate room?” I asked. “and a suite is too large.”

“teukie hyung says you need a separate room so you can relax for a while.” Ryeowook held my hand. so leeteuk is really behind all this hype. He’s the reason why were all here.

“why is he doing this?” I suddenly blurted. They all stopped in their tracks and looked at me.

“silly, to pay for his absences.” Sooyoung poked my head.

“he could just treat all of us if he bothered you guys so much.” I said through gritted teeth. I don’t know that leeteuk could be this so generous in treating people. He is so melodramatic.

“we suggested for a resort.” Donghae winked.

------------------------------

KIM FAMILY HOUSE

Leeteuk’s POV

eomma?” I asked as I sliced the carrots in the kitchen. “I’ll be leaving tomorrow early so I can join taeng at the resort.”

Heechul told me through the phone that they’re having a great time. It’s a thing to be envied upon  since I wasn’t there.

“are you ready for that?” mrs. Kim said, referring to the proposal.

ne.” I smiled. “I think I will have all the words composed by tonight.”

“you can ask help from me if you want.” Mrs. Kim volunteered.

“thank you eomma, but I think you need to talk to appa too about this stuff so he can deal with it properly.” I knew Mr. kim was the most surprised one at the news of my proposal.

araso.” Mrs. Kim said. “just incase.”

“thanks eomma.”

----------------------------

RESORT

Taeyeon’s POV

Everyone looked happy splashing waters inside the facility. We were inside this huge dome, there is a large circle pool of water in front of me. At the middle of the pool are dozens of slides embedded  in big boulders of rocks. At the sides were different types of food and towel stations. I dipped my feet and watch as my girls play with a big beach ball that heechul oppa brought.

The suju oppas where everywhere, splashing their water guns they got from the super show concert. Leeteuk rented the place for us so we can easily swim without alarming our fans. I began to really think how much money leeteuk spent in all of this to happen.

I was really thinking that he has a plan behind all this.

My mind shifted back to reality when I heard tiffany calling me.

“unni, join us!” she shouted.

“in a while.” I said back. I’m contented dipping my feet anyway.

Suddenly I heard a pair of feet running towards me. I didn’t know that the person will push me righ infront of the water I dipped my feet at.

aish!” I said as I tumble towards the large pool of water. “kyuhyun!”

“hey, you’re using banmal!” kyuhyun laughed as I rubbed my eyes because of the stinging sensation of chlorine.

“deserves you.” I snapped. I saw seohyun behind kyu and she shushed me with a finger so that she can also push the maknae to the water.

“aahh!”

I laughed hard as kyuhyun’s body submerged to the pool.

“oops, my mistake!” seohyun winked at me.

---------------------------

BUS STATION 4:15 am

Leeteuk’s POV

Mr. and mrs. Kim wished me luck as I board the bus to seoul. It will take me a couple of hours before reaching the destination. When I reach the place I would ride my car that I left at the station so I can follow the guys at the resort. It will take another hour for me to get there.

I took on my shades and dialed ryeowook’s number.

Rrrring..

hyung?”

“oi, you’re awake?i’m just checking if you’ll answer the phone.” I smiled as I look outside the window. It was still dark.

“I’m about to cook breakfast.” Ryewook muttered.

mwo?you have a complimentary breakfast, you don’t need to cook.” I told him. Typical housemother ryewook. “are the guys awake?”

“donghae hyung is.”

“he is?give him the phone.” I said.

I waited for a couple of seconds before donghae received the phone.

“why are you awake?” I asked, rubbing my eyes.

“bathroom.” Donghae said. “hyung, where are you?”

“I just boarded the bus, I’ll be able to reach there by 9 I think.” I said as I pulled the curtains open.

araso. “ said donghae. “hyung, you sleep. I’ll sleep too.”

mwo? You don’t want to talk with me?” I smiled.

“hyung.” I heard him yawn. “ we had a drink last night, give me sleep.”

Aish…

“okay I’ll be there at nine.” I laughed and turned off the phone. i looked around and saw people sleeping.

Guess I should be sleeping too.

---------------------------

SUITE 103  10:12 am

Taeyeon woke up the next morning and looked around the room. She stretched all her extremities and stood up. She will be swimming again with the girls outside the facility. She glanced at her skin and noticed that she didn’t go dark a single bit. Maybe the sunscreen lotion really did its magic.

It was past ten at the clock. She must have slept late because of the drinks she had last night. Good thing she was able to go back at the suite. Taeyeon scratched her head and winced. Heechul really gave her a lot of drinks. She began to wonder if heechul recorded a video of her again.

Taeyeon stood up and headed for the bathroom to brush her teeth. It was already a routine for her to do. she glanced at the mirror and made a slight fix on her beautiful brown hair, tying it to a high pony. She pinned her bangs to the sides. the snsd’s kid leader brushed her teeth and washed her face.

“ahhh.” She said with relief.

She glanced at the full length mirror to observe her body image. A really skimpy shorts made her appear tall and the spaghetti strapped sleeveless shirt complimented the look.

She immersed her face to her towel and was surprised to see another reflection smiling at her.

“goodmorning.” Leeteuk but his lip at the sight of his girlfriend, kissed her cheek and smiled. “smells good.”

Taeyeon gaped and watched her boyfriend heading towards the living room. She saw leeteuk’s bag lying at the floor and he immediately went into it to look for something. She saw him pulling out some swimming wear.

“are you surprised to see me?aish, I don’t see any white clothing in here.” leeteuk said as he zipped close his bag. Taeyeon nodded and took a seat at the couch.

“I thought I saw a ghost.” Taeyeon said. she couldn’t believe leeteuk’s presence was already seen.

Leeteuk smiled again but began to sigh deeply at the prank of the boys about his clothing.

“are you planning to go on swimming?” he asked, changing the topic.

“yeah, but I think I need breakfast, do you already have?”

“not yet.” Leeteuk shook his head. “what do you want?”

“anything.” Taeyeon said. anything with leeteuk would do.

Leeteuk nodded and  began to wince.

“are you okay?” taeyeon asked.

“my back, again.” he said, massaging the area. “hon, can you massage me, it really hurts.”

mwo? You call the receptionist and ask for massage.” Taeyeon blurted.

“I’ll be better if you do it.” leeteuk blinked.

“no way, you left me for how many days and this is what you’re going to repay me?”

Leeteuk smiled, turned his back on taeyeon and sat on the floor between her legs.

“I’ll repay you big time.” He said, handing out the oil. “I just need TLC”

aish.” Taeyeon shook her head but immediately gave in. “pull your clothes up.”

“you do it hon.” Leeteuk suggested.

aish.” Taeyeon could not believe how leeteuk could be so leader like even with his girlfriend.

“I’ll do this because I pity you, after this no more.” Taeyeon said as she pull leeteuk’s clothes up.

She was surprised at what she saw.

At the back of leeteuk was an engraved question that made her blink thrice to make sure she was reading it properly.

“will you marry me, kim taeyeon?” taeyeon read the words aloud. She cupped her hands to at the surprise it caused when reading the words.

Before she could blink again, leeteuk was already in his kneeling position, smiling at her.

“don’t worry, I got an allergy test before I put that henna on me.” He smiled.

“I know it was so quick.” He continued. “but I really wanted to take this relationship to another level.”

“are you serious?”

“do I look like I’m telling an april fool’s joke?” leeteuk pinched her nose. He smiled and sighed. “I’ll be gone in two years, but before that I want to make sure that you’re still mine.”

aish, possessive.” Taeyeon blurted. But leeteuk can tell that she’s smiling.

“I’m not here to force you or anything, its just, I want to be a part of this little girl who captivated me since day one of her training, even though I didn’t notice it first myself.” leeteuk held one of taeyeon’s hand and placed it on his chest. “I’ve been with many relationships, guys I know would always want to set me up with girls, but I always wish to experience love that is fated. And here you are, appearing infront of me in the SM building, in the practice walls and suddenly I noticed that my heart is really beating.”

“teukie…”

Taeyeon’s eyes popped in surprise upon seeing the engagement ring that leeteuk brought up from his chest pocket.

“you have my mother’s ring!” she said in awe.

“that’s why I was out for days because I was planning this proposal, I’m really sorry that it worried you.” Leeteuk explained. “i’m planning to tell all the details later but I really want to know your answer first.”

“well, I don’t know what to say, everything is so quick.” Taeyeon said. leeteuk closed his eyes and was ready to face whatever decision taeyeon has.

“I’ll be okay with everything you say.” He said.

If taeyeon doesn’t want to have a long term engagement, it’ll be fine, as long as she wont dump me, leeteuk thought.

“if I accepted this ring, I’ll wait in two years. When you come back here, you’re 32.” Taeyeon placed leeteuk’s hand on her lap. “then two years to reconcile because you just came from the army and if everything goes fine, one more year preparation for the wedding and we’ll be married when I’m 29 and you’re 35, is that correct? Because I know the age when you want to get married.”

“you got me on that.” leeteuk said, still closing his eyes.

“hmm…” taeyeon went to play with leeteuk’s hand. “that’s really a long term engagement.”

“you can always drop off anytime.” Leeteuk said.

“are you kidding me?of course it’ll hurt you.” Taeyeon poked leeteuk’s head. “but since I don’t want that to happen, I guess I would have to say yes.”

Leeteuk’s closed eyes opened in an instant.

“is that a yes?” he bit his lip. He felt like the whole world stopped. Only that taeyeon made him realize that its not.

“yes, park jungsu, I’ll be marrying you.” she smiled.

Leeteuk stared at the ceiling to avoid his eyes from welling.

 “oh my gosh.” He whispered. “my prayers are answered.”

“um, can I have the ring?” taeyeon laughed upon seeing leeteuk’s reaction.

“ah, yeah, of course.”

Leeteuk took off the ring from the container and slipped it inside taeyeon’s ring finger. He and taeyeon watched as the diamond glittered in the sun rays appearing from the blinds of the room.

he looked at taeyeon and smiled.

“its so beautiful.” Taeyeon gushed, looking at the ring.

“I guess you’re bound to me in eternity.” He said as she continued to stare at the ring in awe.

He really hoped that the relationship lasts forever.

Taeyeon cringed her nose.

aish, the hardships.” She joked.

“aww… you’re so bad.”

“I’m just kidding.” Taeyeon gave him a quick peck. “so… what do you want to do now?”

“we’ll eat breakfast right?” leeteuk stood up and pulled her with him. “and you’ll be swimming with the girls.”

He headed towards the door while taeyeon remained looking at him from afar.

“is that locked?” she asked, referring to the door.

“yes. Why?”

“are you kidding me? Three days without you makes me sick.” Taeyeon laughed as she pulled leeteuk towards the bedroom.