CHAPTER 28

A dorky Heart

Kim taeyeon yawned as she stared at the ceiling, her arms spread widely at her sides together with her feet. She would break someone’s record for lazing around the bedroom doing nothing but to stare at a space. It was already night time and still no messages from leeteuk. Did she really do something bad that scared him away from her? five messages… she already sent him five messages and about twelve missed calls. All she received in return were a bunch of voicemails telling her to leave messages since the recipient is out of reach.

Leeteuk wouldn’t ignore her completely right? Taeyeon made an imaginary kick in the air to ventilate her emotions. She blamed herself badly for what had happened but she too cannot contain how leeteuk reacted to the situation.

“aren’t you eating dinner?” Kwon Yuri splashed herself towards taeyeon’s bed and joined as the kid leader gaze at the ceiling. Taeyeon only shrugged and blew out a deep air from her lungs.

“you’ve been holding into your phone for a while, your hands turned into a magnet?” yuri joked.

“I don’t want to eat.”

yah.” Yuri sat up and started hitting taeyeon in the stomach.

“ouch, ouch stop that.”

Taeyeon sat up too and went to massage her tummy.

“if you wont eat, just imagine how would your boyfriend scold us.” yuri said.

“he wasn’t even texting me, now you’re telling me that he will scold you?” taeyeon shook her head. If only leeteuk would at least reply or made a call, she wouldn’t feel that bad.

“maybe he needed space or air, or something. If I were in his shoes ofcourse I would really feel outcast since you and Junsu oppa talked about your past. Who wouldn’t be hurt with that?”

aish…”

Taeyeon slapped her own thighs.

“I already told him that i’m sorry, okay?” she said as blotches of red appeared on her skin. Taeyeon watched as she slapped herself more. She was always amazed of how blood quickly reacts on the skin when traumatized.

“hey, don’t do that.” yuri caught her hand. “unni, it would be really better if you eat dinner.”

“I won’t eat dinner until he tells me to eat.”

Yuri tugged taeyeon’s hair.

yah, he wasn’t even calling you for hours, now you’re telling me that you’ll wait til he tells you to eat?” the snsd black pearl rolled her eyes.

“I would text him myself and tell him that you didn’t eat lunch and dinner.” Yuri opened her own cellphone and started typing her message.

“he wouldn’t reply to you.” Taeyeon assured her. she stood up to reach for her laptop. Maybe surfing the internet would take her mind off him for a while.

Shoot. Taeyeon closed her laptop. Leeteuk’s wallpaper made her really miss him even more.

“why is he always everywhere, aish.”

RING!!! RING!!!

yobuseyo? Oppa.” Yuri scratched her head as taeyeon stared at her blankly. “ne, ne, she wouldn’t eat dinner.”

“that’s teukie? Give me that!” taeyeon went to snatch yuri’s phone but the tall snsd member inched herself away from her hands.

oppa says you should eat your dinner.” Yuri told a helpless taeyeon. “oppa? Yes, lunch and dinner. You want me to prepare fried rice? Ne, ne, araso.”

Yuri closed her phone.

“he says you should eat or you’ll get sick and he’ll be dead worried.” She said matter o factly.

“why wouldn’t he call me instead??” taeyeon gritted her teeth.

That’s it, he’s so full of himself.

“he says he cant talk to you right now.” Yuri said.

“just because I talked with Xiah Junsu? Oh my gosh, that’s just plain talk!”

Yuri laughed and threw a pillow at taeyeon’s head.

“he has a reason why he’s doing that.” she said as taeyeon rubbed her nose. “come on unni, please eat!”

Taeyeon stuck her tongue out.

“no way.”

aish.” Yuri hit her leader with another pillow. “oppa will definitely scold me if you won’t eat your dinner. I’ll just text him that you don’t want to obey.”

yah.” Taeyeon closed her eyes and sighed. “fine, I’ll eat.”

Yuri jumped with glee.

“good girl! araso araso, I’ll prepare your dinner.” She smiled and headed outside.

---------------------------------

Leeteuk drank a canned soda Kahi had given him.

“you have to tell me the details first.” The after school leader said when she and leeteuk arrived at a mini apartment she currently resided in. the place almost resembled the We Got Married house except that it was girly and only a few house hold appliances were stocked. Leeteuk saw some yoochun stuffs everywhere he goes. It seemed that they were living together already.

“take a seat.” Kahi pointed to leeteuk the black velvet sofa in the living room. The super junior leader didn’t hesitate to occupy the space.

“let me see, you want to hear the full details?” leeteuk asked as he propped himself on the couch. He placed a square feathery pillow on top of his lap and laid his arms there.

“yep, every detail you can remember.”

“it really has a lot of details.” Leeteuk laughed.

Kahi threw him a piece of plastic she found on the floor.

“yah, exactly. So you better start.”

“hmm…” leeteuk straightened his back and went to submerge the full details.

 

(flash back)

“mrs. Kim, I’d like to ask you about something, if you will let me.”

“go ahead.” Mrs. Kim encouraged. There was something in the boy’s voice that made her want to listen.

“i---“ leeteuk drew in deep breaths. he really didn’t know how to start.

“I know it seems so sudden, but…”

“but?”

Leeteuk looked at mrs. Kim in full concern.

“I really love your daughter.” He blurted.

“I guess everyone knows that right?” mrs. Kim smiled.

“ne.”

“i-  I knew taeyeon for a couple of years now.” Leeteuk continued.

 He began to think about how he and taeyeon started talking, ever since she approached him and introduced herself. Everyone also knew that leeteuk is a bit snob to new comers and taeyeon didn’t have a proper first impression of him. But ofcourse everything changed when she was appointed leader and she began to know almost everything about leeteuk’s personality.

“it seems really sudden.” Leeteuk bit his lip to stop himself for stuttering. “but if you will let me… I’d like to ask your daughter’s hand for marriage.”

He looked at mrs. Kim and upon seeing the surprised reaction from her face, he bowed his head in embarrassment.

Mrs. Kim laughed.

“I know how much affection you have for her but my daughter is only 23.” She mused. “are you sure about what you are thinking? Maybe its just because that you’re going for the army next year.”

“my boy, please do think about your thoughts.” She said, holding his hand.

Leeteuk didn’t know if he would laugh at himself or not.

“mrs. Kim, I’m turning 29 this year.” He said gently. “i know that a major part of my decision is because of the army that I will go for in two years. But we also know that I’m also in the right age to start a family.”

The thought about family must have sent shivers to mrs. Kim’s spine.

“yes I know that taeyeon’s age is not that appropriate for marriage.” Leeteuk continued, keeping a firm grip on her hand. “she’s still on her college degree, she has career plans, etc. but I will assure you that every dream she has will not be harmed.”

“I know that it really sounds selfish of me but i really love your daughter and I want to become a real part of her life.” he added.

Mrs. Kim stood up and placed her hands on her hips.

“that sounds easy for you.” She laughed. “are you even ready for marriage?”

“I’ve been ready for marriage since I started taking care of 12 members in super junior.” Leeteuk blinked.

If I can take good care of that much, how much more of taeyeon? He thought.

Mrs. Kim sat again.

“I really didn’t know what to say.” She smiled. “I approve of you, no doubt on that. but it really seems so quick and sudden, you really got me thinking there. I also don’t know what would my husband react on it.”

Mr. kim would probably be surprised too.

Leeteuk bit his lip.

“let’s put it this way.” Mrs. Kim said. “since we all know how sincere you are and we also know that your’e age appropriate for this, let’s see how taeyeon would react if you propose on her.”

“and whatever taeyeon decides, we will support.” Mrs. Kim continued.

Leeteuk couldn’t be more thankful.

“thank you mrs. Kim.” He smiled, holding again her hand. “I’ll promise you that I wont get in way to your daughter’s decisions. If she disagrees, I’ll be fine with it, I just want her to know how serious I am with her.”

“well, you better be.” Mrs. Kim said. “cos we all know how taeyeon loves her dream so much.”

“but If you ask me and mr. kim, we really would love to have a grand child soon.” She winked.

Leeteuk laughed. The thought of taeyeon’s parents wishing for grand children made him smile.

“I’m really thankful for your understanding.” He said.

“I’d talk this with my husband, and we’ll keep in touch, okay?”

“araso mrs. kim.” Leeteuk bowed.

Mrs. Kim stood up and hauled the tray with two empty cups on it.

“just call me your eomma.” She smiled and headed for the door.

 

“just call me your eomma.” Kahi imitated mrs. Kim which made leeteuk laugh. “I’m so proud of you, she readily agreed to give her daughter away.”

“well, not really.” Leeteuk fixed his bangs which kept on messing up. “it will really depend on taeyeon’s decision.”

He hoped that taeyeon would agree on his proposal at least. he knew that taeyeon would really react because everyone knows how much she is dedicated to her career and how young she is for marriage.

“what if taeng disagrees?” kahi thought aloud as leeteuk slumped the side of his face on a pillow.

“its okay, as long as she wouldn’t kick me out of the relationship.” Leeteuk mused.

Kahi nodded.

“so what’s the plan, have you thought of something?”

“hmm..” leeteuk stood up and headed towards kahi’s area.

“I’m planning on proposing somewhere the two of us could only witness.” He said.

“that’s so selfish.”

“hey, its got to be intimate, isn’t it?” leeteuk smiled.

“so?”

“well…” leeteuk bit his lip. “I’m planning to propose somewhere between a serious and a funny way. I’m a mix of the two you see.”

Kahi laughed.

“I wouldn’t disagree on that.”

“so what do you think, any ideas?” leeteuk asked as he drank the last contents of his soda.

Kahi smiled like a really bright idea popped into her head.

“lend me your ears.” She said.

------------------------------------

unni, breakfast!”

Taeyeon lazily stood up from her bed and checked her phone.

“arggh! Park jungsu if you wouldn’t get in touch with me, I’ll break you up into pieces!” she screamed, throwing her phone at the floor.

RRING RRING!

unni, your phone’s ringing.” Seohyun picked up taeyeon’s phone.

“who’s that?”

“its oppa.” Seohyun blinked.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

“don’t answer that.” she said, crossing her arms.

Its been a whole day since he hadn’t contact her and there he goes calling as if nothing happened?aish,taeyeon, thought.

unni, I’ll just give the phone to sooyoung unni.” Seohyun suggested.

“no, wait.”

Taeyeon shook her head and snatched her phone.

“I’ll follow later sweet potato.” She said, referring to breakfast. She sighed and cleared her voice. “yobuseyo?”

“are you mad at me?” leeteuk asked through the receiver.

yah, who wouldn’t be mad at you, you had the whole night ignoring my calls and texts!” taeyeon spat.

aish.” She said, scratching her head. If leeteuk was infront of her, she would have pinched his cheeks real hard.

“I’m sorry, hon.”

“you shouldn’t be leaving me out there with junsu oppa, its embarrassing!” taeyeon could feel her voice rising.

She could her leeteuk laughing at the end of the receiver.

“I’m really sorry, I had an errand to do.” he explained. “honestly I was jealous at first but my gosh, that was so immature of me, I wouldn’t let that happen again.”

“you better be cos I was thinking of breaking up with you if you wouldn’t call.” Taeyeon said.

“really?”

“no. just kidding.” Said taeyeon.

“yah, that was so heartless.” Leeteuk said. taeyeon could imagine him pouting and the teasing gave her a smile.

“well, I’m sorry too baby.” Taeyeon sat at the floor and crossed her legs. “I’m sorry if I had entertained the past so much. I know it really bothered you.”

It was so embarrassing for her that she wished that she should not have to dwell in the issue again.

“you’re really sorry for that?” leeteuk asked.

“do I sound like I’m kidding?”

Leeteuk cleared his throat.

“apology accepted.” He mused.

 “where are you anyways? Aren’t you coming over?” taeyeon changed the topic.

“no sorry, I have something to do.” leeteuk said. he couldn’t tell her that he was far from Seoul already.

“why?”

“its really an important business, taeng.” Said leeteuk.

Taeyeon pouted.

“I’ll make it up to you when we see each other, okay?” leeteuk said.

araso araso.” Taeyeon agreed. “but shouldn’t you be telling me where exactly are you?”

“I’m with manager hyung.” He lied.

“oh.”

“I’ll text you when I’m finished.”

ne.” taeyeon nodded.

--------------------------------------

Leeteuk’s POV

I couldn’t tell her that I was just inside her parent’s house today, planning for our future.