CHAPTER 23

A dorky Heart

“kyuhyunnie, hurry up!”

Leeteuk looked at his watch, waiting for kyuhyun to finish preparing himself. Unfortunately, the maknae was unable to dress himself properly, resulting to sudden change of clothes.

“wait, hyung.” Kyuhyun slowly applied a small amount of cologne on his neck.

leeteuk picked up the scattered clothes on kyuhyun’s room.

 “why are you taking so long?” he muttered, placing the pile on the basket.

“I have to look good.”

mwo?” leeteuk cringed his eyebrows. “kangin doesn’t care if you look your best or what.”

“didn’t Minnie hyung tell you?”

“tell me what?” leeteuk asked.

“sungmin!” kyuhyun stormed out of the room to look for the pumpkin prince.

sungmin appeared from the bathroom and just finished gelling his hair.

ne?”

 “you too?” leeteuk was shocked to find sungmin in proper clothes.

“didn’t I tell you not to use banmal infront of me?” sungmin told kyuhyun. Then he turned towards leeteuk. “hyung, sorry I forgot, kyu and I are bringing visitors to kangin hyung.”

Leeteuk was surprised.

“oh, you should have told me that.” he smiled. “who are your visitors anyway?”

-----------------------

“we’re going to a military camp, yey!”

Leeteuk still couldn’t believe that kyuhyun and sungmin brought seohyun and sunny on the ride. Sunny had been talking for awhile now on her excitement for visiting the Korean camp where kangin is currently stationed.

“you’re excited cos you’re going to see a bunch of sturdy guys.” Heechul blurted. Leeteuk was glad that heenim came. At least he wouldn’t be feeling like a fifth wheel.

“that’s not it!” sunny commented. “I wanna see kangin oppa too!”

Sungmin pouted.

“is that true?” he asked sunny.

“you know that youre the only one in my eyes.” The aegyo queen winked.

“seo, you’ve been quiet.” Leeteuk looked at the car mirror and spotted seohyun watching the rice field from the outside.

“am i? sorry.” answered bashful seohyun.

“have you tried the video game I lend you?” kyuhyun asked, diverting her attention.

ne, its really fun.”

Kyuhyun had been lending seohyun a bunch of video games since the latter was also interested. They just found out their common interests when they started pairing up for the sm town concert.

“aren’t you suppose to teach our seohyun to be a feminine? You looked like you’ve mistaken her for a videogame buddy.” Heechul guffawed.

aish, its not your business heechul.” Kyuhyun stuck his tongue.

Heechul turned his head from the passenger seat.

mwo—you’ve been calling me by my name again.” the cinderella commented. “leeteuk, you should cut this boy’s tongue.”

Leeteuk stirred the wheel until they reach the next stop sign. They were almost near the military camp.

“aww, he’s not that bad, he still calls me his hyung.” He replied, looking at the mirror.

“leeteuk is my only hyung.” Kyuhyun remarked.

“which scares me.” Leeteuk laughed.

Heechul shook his head.

“aish, I don’t know how you brought up these boys.”

“we brought them up together.” Leeteuk commented, picking up his cellphone. “yobuseyo?

It was donghae.

hyung! Why didn’t you tell me that you’re visiting the camp?” the fish eye was ballistic.

 “oh, mianhe, you told me yesterday that you have a taping right?”

you should have waited for me hyung!

Heechul stole the cellphone from leeteuk’s hand.

“oi, we couldn’t wait for you five hours straight. The military camp has strict visiting hours. You should be thinking on that.”

“I want to talk to teukie hyung!” donghae sounded like he was doing an aegyo.

aish.” Heechul returned leeteuk’s phone. “your dongsaengs always play favorites.”

yobuseyo? Hae, I’ll bring you to the camp next time, araso?” leeteuk said.

ne, ne, next time okay?”

Leeteuk laughed.

“yup, promise. Do better on your taping first.”

ne. saranghae, hyung!”

-CLICK-

Heechul rolled his eyes.

aish. Always in favor of the leader.”

---------------------------

Kangin’s military camp

 

“MWO???! Youre joking right???”

“I’m not kidding.” Leeteuk laughed at kangin’s sudden reaction. Kangin nearly jumped from his seat and was frantically standing opposite him, hands on his hips.

 The suju leader told his famous love team that he is currently in a relationship.

“you cant be serious ne, hyung?”

“what?” leeteuk  lightly punched his stomach. “I’m taken, kangin. Taeyeon and me were toge- “

“what about kangteuk and kangyeon pair??” kangin blurted.

“third wheel’s out.” Heechul laughed. Leeteuk laughed too.

“see.”

Kangin shook his head.

“no, I don’t believe you.” He said, referring to leeteuk. He sat up and began eating some of ryeowook’s specialty dish s brought.

“I’m just going to contemplate on my eating and ignore you guys.” He said.

“yah, we didn’t come here without a purpose right?” heechul poked him.

Leeteuk put out his phone.

yobuseyo?”

jagiya(honey).” Leeteuk smiled, massaging his neck. “how are you? ne, ne. can you talk to kangin for me? yes, he’s does not believe me,  I think you need to talk to him.”

Leeteuk handed kangin his phone.

yobuseyo?” kangin put a finger to close his right ear. “taengoo? Is this really you?”

ne, who can it be?” taeyeon laughed through the receiver.

Kangin was speechless.

yobuseyo? Kangin oppa?”

“I’m here.” Kangin said. he looked at leeteuk with such amazement. He was probably in wonder how taeyeon realized that she was inlove with him.

“I told you so.” Leeteuk mouthed.

“since when?” kangin asked taeyeon. “oh, so just a few days. Is he taking care of you? Well he has to cos im gonna beat him up if he doesn’t.”

Leeteuk did his infamous high pitch laugh.

“as if, bro.”

“tell me everything when I come back home okay?” kangin continued. “ne, im giving teukie hyung the phone.”
“he really couldn’t believe that I got a girlfriend first than him.” Leeteuk told taeyeon. “what are you doing now? Want me to see you later? Yes, I’ll be back by afternoon or early evening I guess. I’ll just drop by your dorm. Anyways we’ll drop seo and sunsun too. Hmm? Sure I’ll buy you that. thanks for talking to him. Bye. Love you.”

The suju leader put the phone back to his pocket.

“how come she likes you?” kangin pouted. “aish, you are one heck of a lucky guy hyung.”

------------------------

Military garden

“do you know the family of this flower? The same too in its name, from rosaceae.” Kyuhyun told seohyun.

Seohyun blinked for five times before responding to his statement.

“how come you know this kind of stuff? You must be doing good in school.” she gushed.

Kyuhyun smiled.

“I am suju’s most sensible man.” He winked.

He picked up the flower and gave it to the snsd’s maknae.

“from maknae to maknae. Hyun-hyun.” Kyuhyun laughed, placing the flower on seohyun’s palm.

aigoo, I hope I don’t get fined from getting a flower.” Seohyun smiled from kyuhyun’s decisive way of getting a flower from a prohibited area.

“I’ll pay for it, don’t worry.” Kyuhyun assured him.

Seohyun nodded and paced with him. They had been walking for a while now, since kyuhyun got bored of talking to kangin and decided to stay outside to the garden. She was glad that he was able to lighten the mood by mentioning scientific names of different types of flowers, it kept her mind off her busy job for awhile.

“seo, what do you think of me?” kyuhyun suddenly asked.

“hmm?” seohyun was confused. “what do you mean?”

“do I look like I pass for a good boyfriend?” he asked.

It was so straightforward of him that the snsd maknae wasn’t able to cope up that much.

aigoo.” Seohyun scratched her head. “honestly you’re scary at first. But you’re not bad. Its actually fun with you around.”

“really?”

ne.” seohyun nodded.

Kyuhyun placed both hands on his hips.

“suppose lee soo man would allow me to have a girlfriend?” he smirked, thinking of the idea. “teukie hyung has taeyeon anyways. I think he would allow me also.”

“you’ll just give the president and your leader a headache.” Seohyun replied.

aish, if teukie hyung has one, I have to have one also.” He defended.

Seohyun laughed.

“what do you think seo?” kyuhyun asked again.

“who’s the girl anyways?” she asked.

Kyuhyun pointed his index finger to her direction.

“you.”

“huh?” seohyun was dumbfounded. “me?”

ne. would you allow me to be your boyfriend?i like you by the way.”

Seohyun scratched her head.

“I don’t think that’s possible.” She blushed. She sat on the bench, contemplating. “I am not in the position to have a boyfriend. Sorry.”

“oh.” Kyuhyun sat too.

“sorry about that, it must have been too quick.” He smiled.

“hmm.”seohyun removed her hat, letting her hair get blown away by the wind. It was a fantastic sight for kyu.  “Its not that I’m young or anything, its just I don’t feel like it.”

Kyuhyun knew that seohyun doesn’t have the plans of being in a relationship.

“but I guess I’d allow you to court.” She smiled.

“really?”

ne.” she blushed. “but don’t think I’d easily say yes.”

“its okay if it’ll take years.” Kyuhyun winked. “anyways I’ll be more ready to be responsible. Just like teukie hyung.”

“want another flower?” he picked a dandelion springing out from his view.

aigoo.” Was seohyun can only say.

-------------------------

aish, I really can’t believe that you two are together already.” Kangin shook his head.

“you can’t believe that it’s me?”

“its not that.” kangin kept  looking at leeteuk as if he is the brightest person in the area. “its just, one moment I was with her and next moment my hyung is with her. you know what I mean?”

Taeyeon and kangin got really close during their radio show. Kangin really knew taeyeon because of the times they spent together. He was always the first one approaching her everytime he finished his concert. and he couldn’t believe that taeyeon’s ideal man is leeteuk. Broad shoulders, a guy who laughs and has a good sense of humor, taeyeon’s definitions of an ideal man fit leeteuk perfectly well.

ne, I get your point.” Leeteuk said. he was the only one left with kangin because heechul, sunny and sungmin joined kyuhyun in the garden. “its really shocking right?”

“youre really lucky that sooman sunbaenim approved.” Kangin said.

“if youre worrying too much for her sake, don’t worry, I’ll protect her.”

Kangin laughed.

hyung, I know you’re the most responsible in the group, you don’t need to mention that.” he poked leeteuk’s arm with his fist.

Leeteuk smiled.

“but hyung, six years her senior??” kangin still couldn’t approve of the .

“hey, that’s not bad.” Leeteuk retorted. “and taeyeon’s a mature person. Don’t you know that?”

“are you sure? She looks like a little sister to me.” Kangin said.

“there’s more to taeyeon than what the eyes can see.” Leeteuk said. “maybe on radio shows you see her goofing around. but she is a very responsible person.”

Kangin fixed the name tag that was pinned on his military shirt.

ne. the ahjumma.” He grinned. Taeyeon was pretty known for her aunt like attitude.

“but I really can’t believe that from kangyeon and kangteuk, now there’s taeteuk.” Kangin remarked.

“sorry.” Leeteuk laughed. “taeteuk is the best.”

The suju leader remembered the shirt he wore when he performed gee on super show 2. The t-shirt was engraved “teuktaengoo.”

It seemed like a foresight.

“but really, you two fit together.” Kangin sighed. “on the same aspect, you’re both responsible, you’re both dorky, you’re both dedicated to music. She likes blue, you like white. You like ahjumma girls, she likes ahjussis.”

aish, youre making me missed her.” leeteuk blinked.

Kangin grinned.

“I bet you haven’t seen her daum screensaver yet.”

“huh?” leeteuk cringed his nose.

Kangin took out his cellphone.

“see this.”

He showed a screensaver of taeyeon playing with ice cream. She was smiling like a kid and the way she ate her food was really childish. The back ground was all white. she had her hair embellished with little curls and she was looking at the camera intently with her large sparkling eyes.

“she’s so cute.” Leeteuk gushed. “can I have that?”

“nope.” Kangin teasingly put the cellphone back in his pocket.

aish, kangin…”

“ask her instead.”

Leeteuk pouted.

“oh, well, I’ll just buy her ice cream.” He said.

Kangin looked at him in envy.

“why do you always get the best girls??”

---------------------------

SNSD DORMITORY

taeyeon can’t help but to goggle at the big gallon of ice cream infront of her.

“don’t tell me that its only for me?” she laughed, poking the lid. The icecream was a mix of strawberry and chocolate flavor. Leeteuk drove sunny and seohyun back to their dorm and decided to stay at their kitchen for awhile.

ne, I have a different gift for the girls.” Leeteuk said. he brought snsd members their own ice cream in pint sizes.

Taeyeon was confused.

“what for?” she asked.

“I want to see how you eat it.” leeteuk blinked.

mwo?”

“I saw your screensaver at kangin’s phone.” The suju leader confessed. He bit his lip. “you were so cute.”

Taeyeon laughed.

“you should have said that earlier.” She smiled, opening the lid. She got up and returned with two glass cups.

“no, I don’t want.” Leeteuk said when she offered him a cup.

“I want to see how you eat too.” Taeyeon said.

Leeteuk pinched her cheek.

“i just want to watch.” He winked.

Taeyeon nodded and filled her cup with two scoops of mixed ice cream.

“I chose icecream because it’s a really fun way of eating.” She mentioned upon placing a spoonful of ice cream to . “it only took me a couple of takes before the director wrapped up.”

oppa?” she noticed that leeteuk wasn’t replying.

“keep eating.” He said.

Taeyeon fed herself with more icecream.

“look.” She by playfully the cream on .

“don’t do that.” leeteuk laughed.

taeyeon fed herself more.

“why?”

“I might kiss you.”

“oh, well.” Taeyeon stubbornly placed the icecream on her lips.

Leeteuk brushed the icecream from taeyeon with his lips.

“yum.” He smiled.

jagiya(honey), eat.” Taeyeon fed him a spoonful.

“what did you do today?”

Taeyeon closed the gallon lid.

“me?” she placed the ice cream inside the freezer. “I recorded a song today. I don’t know the purpose yet, they said they just wanted to try me singing it.”

Leeteuk nodded.

“you, what did you and kangin talked about?” she asked.

“just some stuff.” Leeteuk said, reaching for her hand. taeyeon sat on his lap, facing him and continued eating her ice cream. “he still couldn’t believe that I got you.”

“youre just lucky.” Taeyeon stuck her tongue.

“I am really the luckiest guy.”

mwo? You keep on telling me that all the time.” Taeyeon rummaged her hands through his bangs.

“I’m so lucky that I even let you touch my hair even if its my most protected possession.” Leeteuk laughed.

It was true. Leeteuk really cared for his hair so much that he had it styled several times.

“its because girls are always on top.” Taeyeon said.

ne. guys follow their girls.” Leeteuk agreed. “but sometimes you have to follow me too, ne?”

Taeyeon fed him with another spoonful.

“yeah sure. Cos youre more experienced in six years.” She joked.

yah, that doesn’t make much difference.” Leeteuk poked the tip of her nose. “do I really look that old to you?”

“honestly I call you an ahjussi because of the gap right?but you really don’t look like one. Were more like the same age.”

Taeyeon turned her back on him to eat more ice cream.

“aww, that’s what I like about you.” Leeteuk tightened his arms around her waist.

Taeyeon noticed his arms.

oppa, you need to hit the gym, you’re getting thinner.” She commented. “the body you got in bonamana? That’s better.”

“you like that?” leeteuk snuggled his nose on her spine. “ne, maybe I need to contact my trainer soon. Its just I have so many activities to start with.”

“I understand.” Taeyeon said. “its just that you have to take care of your health also.”

Hyoyeon entered the kitchen area.

“am I disturbing? I’m just going to put the spoons in the sink, sorry.” She said, covering her eyes with her hands.

yah, its not like were doing anything.” Taeyeon commented.

Hyoyeon removed her hands.

“its just weird seeing you two like that.” she laughed.