CHAPTER 6

A dorky Heart

*** this chapter is dedicated to Super Junior fans, the ELF :)

 

oppa.”

“hmm…?”

“get up oppa.”

“wha--?” he slowly blinked his eye to catch the momentum. Slowly.. slowly.. looking at the woman who was staring at him, smiling. Then he remembered he forgot something.

“oh no, I forgot to prepare your tea!”

Leeteuk scratched his eye and forced himself to get up. Apparently he went home late because of the practice with the members and the evening radio show, Sukira. They got a special program that evening that he went home almost 3 the following morning. It was now 7 am.

“relax, its fine, just take a rest.” Said Kahi as she rubbed his shoulder. “I got something for you.”

“what is it?” asked leeteuk looking at her in wonder.

“close your eyes first.”

Leeteuk laughed but he did as he was told. It was not even his birthday and yet he is going to receive a gift.

“happy fifth anniversary!” Kahi exclaimed, handing out a big box of strawberry shortcake. With the message written in red frosting, it read: to Leeteuk, happy 5th anniv! Love from your t.v. wife, Kahi.

Leeteuk looked at kahi as if he saw a cute puppy doing tricks. “aww.. so sweet. Thank you so much Kahi.” He said while rereading the message. He chuckled at the t.v. wife part.

“thank you, really, it means a lot.” He added.

Kahi smiled. She felt contented of the big praise she received. Thank you is enough, she thought.

“well, it takes a lot of skills to get up from bed early in the morning just to get that cake.” She said as she placed the food at the bed side table. “and to worry not to wake you up and saw me missing.”

“hmm.. so you really know that I’m a light sleeper.” Leeteuk said while picking up a strawberry to eat. “you’re lucky I slept late.”

He ate half and gave the remaining portion to Kahi.

”what do you want in return?” leeteuk suddenly asked as he fed her.

Kahi thought for a minute and let out a huge grin, showing her dimples. “here.” She said, playfully pointing to her cheek. He already knew what she meant.

“so what do I do there? Do I have to poke that?” leeteuk kidded, smiling. Kahi pouted but remained to point her index finger at her cheek.

“okay, close your eyes too. “he told her. Kahi closed her eyes, hoping to receive her reward. she felt leeteuk just a few centimeters away from her because of his breathing gently blowing on her. Suddenly Kahi felt a cold gooey thing touching her face. She opened her eyes and saw Leeteuk holding back his laugh.

aish, you babo!” she yelled out, hitting him with a throw pillow several times. Leeteuk shielded himself by hiding under his arm. It seemed that he put an icing on her face instead.

”oh stop, hahaha!” leeteuk laughed, cannot hold back his feelings anymore. He nearly cried laughing so hard. Kahi pounced on him, hitting his face with a pillow.

“yah, Kahi, I can’t breathe!”  leeteuk said as he shielded himself.

“I woke up early in the morning just to sneak out so I can buy your cake but this is the only thing you could do?!” Kahi asked in rage. But she was laughing too because Leeteuk cannot seem to fight back, he was just chuckling under her followed by his high pitched laugh.

Kahi continued to wrestle him and devised her counter attack. She too put an icing on the helpless Suju leader’s face.

“icing King and queen.” She said, feeling her triumph. Leeteuk stopped laughing, ended up smiling while taking time to breathe.

“ahhh…”

“don’t worry I’ll eat your cake.” Leeteuk said, wiping the icing from Kahi’s face with his blanket. He then removed the frosting from his face too. “oh, this will take a lot time to clean.” He sighed throwing the blanket to the floor.

“its your fault.” Kahi laughed fixing her messy hair. Good thing he didn’t put an icing on her head or else she would have him killed.

“honestly, thank you.” Leeteuk said now staring at her. “I thought I would never laugh too , much again but you made my day.”

“nah, its just morning. See what happens in the afternoon or in the evening.” Kahi said, gently slapping him on the face.

“we’re going to celebrate with the SM staff today, followed by fan meeting tonight. Will you come?” leeteuk asked her.

“oh, im sorry.” Kahi said. “I have dance rehearsals today and 2 tapings. That’s why I already gave you my gift. Well, it’s a cake only but I’ll have my follow up gift when I return.”

“its okay. You can drop by at SM whenever you’re free.” Leeteuk suggested. “I think We Got Married staff will tape the SJ fifth anniversary and your tapings as well so better be ready with your message for me.” He smiled.

“I’ll tell them that you’re a freak and you destroyed my cake.” Kahi joked. Leeteuk cringe his face followed by a high pitch laugh again. Then he looked at her and realized the state they’re in.

“oh..”

“what?” Kahi asked. And she too noticed what he was wanting to tell her.

Leeteuk laughed. Apparently, Kahi was sitting on top of him because they wrestled, with him firmly gripping her left wrist.

“have we been like this the whole time?”

 

SUJU’S DORM

“happy fifth anniversary!!!”

The Super Junior dormitory was not in its usual setting. It was embellished with different posters of the members taped to walls, balloons were hung and some were scattered, confetti filled the wooden floor, and different types of food were prepared, much to the delights of Shindong. He and Sungmin were responsible for the decorations, with the latter’s appreciation of pink colors that the dormitory resembled a girl’s. Shindong would want a blue balloon, but Sungmin insisted they go for pink in which Ryeowook the third maknae supported and tricked Shindong that he would cook a lot of food if he agrees. Eunhyuk prepared the music and had some of super junior’s songs remixed. Donghae helped him and the two danced together in random, inviting some of the members to join. Siwon was still reading the Bible aloud with enthusiasm; he was filled with joy that he encouraged Heechul to read with him. The cinderella just laughed to Simba’s pride and poked him twice with a toy hammer that he purchased at a store. Kyuhyun lazed on the floor with Yesung lying on his stomach, staring at the ceiling.

 

DING DONG!

 

Kyuhyun left Yesung on the floor to open the door. Two more members joined them, Zhoumi and Henry. Zhoumi was wearing his fake glasses while Henry was in his usual hip hop attire. Donghae in his usual touchy feely mode hugged the two, and pulled them to the dance floor.

 

“say cheese!” zhoumi said before clicking his camera. He was fond of taking pictures of the members and himself, so that he will upload something to his Weibo later. Donghae and Henry made a peace sign and resumed to their dancing activities. Yesung joined them and danced his famous awkward dance.

 

Sungmin helped Ryeowook place more food to their table. Apparently, the ELF fans from all over the world delivered a lot of food to their dorm. Both were still wearing their aprons for the maknae suggested that they have to. Shindong stole some kimchi even if they were not starting to eat.

“yah, blessings first before eating!” Sungmin said, slapping Shindong at the back of his hand. Poor shindong rubbed his hand but stole chips instead. Ryeowook rolled his eyes and continued placing food.

“he never stops eating won’t he?” he asked while checking his watch. Their leader, Leeteuk  hyung was not yet home.

 

Zhoumi’s phone rang much to everybody’s surprise. The tallest Super Junior member ordered Eunhyuk to tone down the music. Everybody gathered to hear the call.

annyeong!” came a familiar voice to the speaker. It was Hankyung. All of them cheered.

Yah, how come you can call? You’re not allowed to get in touch with us right?” heechul asked stubbornly, but he was smiling that the corners of his lips would touch his ears.

mimi has a secret Chinese phone that he carries with him every time he’s in Korea.” Said Hankyung in his cute Korean accent. “well, Happy anniversary!”

Everybody missed him so much.

“so how are you, what are you doing for now?” asked Siwon.

“hmm.. busy promoting my album.” Hankyung said, then he referred to Heechul. “Yah, your promotion to my album was very risky, but you’re brave to tell them all about it. Xie xie.”

“I would do that because you’re a friend.” Heechul said almost teary eyed. “it will be better if you’re here.”

“yeah, I wish I would have come. And completed Teukie Hyung’s wish for us to be together.” Hankyung said sighing. “but still, better call than not right?”

ne.” was all the members had to say.

Yah, why is not everybody greeting me?” a loud booming military like voice surprised the suju members who were still engrossed to Hankyung’s voice. They didn’t notice that Kangin and Leeteuk were already inside. Leeteuk must have fetched Kangin from the military so that he can join the party.

“HYUNG!!!!”

The reunion caused a commotion. The noise was like a mixture of loud voices, cheers, stampede and too much laughter that even quiet Hankyung raised his voice to check if the members were still talking to him. Heechul told him that Kangin was inside the dorm together with Leeteuk.

“you’re talking to Hankyung?” asked leeteuk in wonder. Then he looked at Zhoumi and smiled. ”ah, mimi’s china phone, kekeke. Ni hao hankyung!”

“hey, how come he knows you have china phone while I do not?” henry pouted to Zhoumi, who made a sorry gesture. Hankyung was heard laughing but he then turned silently serious.

hyung, I missed you! I still wish we will perform together hyung!” Hankyung told leeteuk. He was almost babbling. Everybody noticed that he was crying.

“hey, don’t make me cry!” leeteuk laughed, but a tear was flowing from his right eye. He noticed that the members were crying too. “yah, you should take care of yourself there ok? I’m not around with you anymore, I can’t watch you from your back anymore. And its kind of really cold there in china in Christmas, you should be buying tons of jackets to warm you.”

araso, hyung.” Said hankyung. He cannot utter more words. “Saranghae, hyung!”

yah, if somebody disturbs you out there, tell me and I’ll kick them.” Kangin told the former super junior member. Leeteuk hit him in the back. “ and whatever happens, you are still a Super Junior.”

“I will and always be a Super Junior.” Hankyung said. His choking caused a lot laughter from the members. Eunhyuk and Donghae were crying so badly that Strong Kyu hugged them together.

“hey you guys should be happy, we shouldn’t be crying all at once.”

“you started crying!” Eunhyuk sobbed, he can see Heechul trying to wipe his tears but cannot do so for more tears fell from his eyes.

“hankyung ah, do call me a lot. I’ll just buy phone from china.” Heechul said. Crying Siwon embraced him from behind. “and if you marry someday, you should come here in Korea.”

araso araso.” Replied Hankyung, whose voice sounded as if he had stuffy nose. “ne, I should be going now, my manager is already looking for me. I just snuck out from him, kekeke.”

“oh, you better go then.” Said Sungmin in a sad tone.

“hey we should be happy for him right?” leeteuk suggested. He stopped crying. “Hannie ah, we wish you all the best. Goodluck in your career and do contact us when you’re free. We’ll be waiting for you. You’ll always be a super junior. I BELIEVE in you!”

ne, hyung.” Said Hankyung. “goodluck to everyone guys, more blessings to you all. Saranghae!”

xie xie.” All the members said.

~click~

yah, why do you cry only to Hankyung and not on me?” Kangin pouted.

“duh, ‘cause your still in korea?” Leeteuk joked. He was the only one who can counterattack Kangin’s superiority complex. Everybody laughed. KangTeuk moment strikes again.

 

---------------------------

 

“well, after all the food we ate which was delivered specially by our dear ELF fans, cute decorations made by our Shindong and Sungmin, good music by Hyuk and Hae, Kangin and Hankyung’s surprise and everyone’s participation, I guess our party is a success.” Leeteuk concluded. They were all sitting in a group of big circle, listening to their leader. Whenever Super Junior would call a meeting, the members would form a big circle so that they can hear each other’s thoughts, suggestions and opinions. Everybody waited for someone on what to say next.

Hyung, where’s Kibum?” Yesung asked suddenly. He was in his clueless expression again.

“he can’t make it, he said he was busy.” Heechul answered for him while grooming his cat, Han J. Heebum, whom was named after himself, Kibum and Hankyung. “but he said he was sorry, so I guess he’ll make up for that when the fifth album comes, kekeke.”

“that’s sad, I hope he’ll attend the fan meeting.” Said Ryeowook. Everyone was happy for him today, he ate a lot.

“so hyung what’s next?”

“well, before we go to SM building to celebrate with the staff, let me first have a perception check on each of the members, since it’s our anniversary.” Said Leeteuk.

Everybody got quiet. They knew that their leader would either commend them for being a responsible member or otherwise.

“To mimi and henry, I am really sorry that your first experience in Super Junior was not quite good because of certain reactions from the public. But I’m really glad that you held on. Sorry Henry, because it really troubled you a lot. I should be taking care of you often. And mimi, I’m glad that you explore more of your talents by hosting. I really commend you for that.”

Zhoumi and Henry both looked at each other and bowed. Leeteuk smiled and continued.

“Heechul, for the past few years you have been distant to us.” The leader said, looking at who smirked while playing with his cat. “but your presence in Strong Heart, telling everyone of how you appreciate me and the members, was the best line I’ve ever heard. I hope we continue to become really good friends.”

Aja, 83’ line!” heechul shouted.

“Shindong. At First we were shocked by what you did for exposing your girl friend during our fourth album promotions but I knew from the heart that its because you sincerely love her. I hope you and her will walk down the aisle soon.”

“you’ll be one of the best men, hyung.” Said Shindong, trying to hold back his tears.

“you can cry.” Said leeteuk, smiling. Then he turned to Kangin.

yah, I had so much trouble because of you.” he told him in a grave expression. “I was pissed of what you did that I even wanted to hit you if given the chance, and  I almost thought that I’ll suffer from nervous breakdown because of trying to protect you.”

Kangin lowered his head. He knew that he really caused a big trauma to s. Leeteuk reached out for his hand in which he held on tightly.

“but your entrance to the military really proved that you were really sorry and you’re willing to change for the better.” Leeteuk said.” And I see some major changes in you know. Congratulations.”

“Kangteuk forever!” cheered Eunhyuk.

“yah, you sound like I’m gonna marry Leeteuk hyung.” Kangin said while wiping his face with a towel.

“don’t you like that?” leeteuk asked worried. Kangin looked at him in alarm in which the leader laughed. “Just kidding. Were both into girls.”

“oh, Kahi noona?” asked sungmin, grinning. Leeteuk smiled.

“secret.” Was all he said and winked. “araso, moving forward. What do we have next, oh.. Siwon. Yah, I don’t have anything against you, you are too perfect. Congratulations on featuring at Snsd’s music video by the way. And good luck on your future dramas and movies. Which would turn my attention towards Donghae, Shindong, and Sungmin. You guys are going to start in a new drama soon. I’m so happy for the both of you. I have nothing against you guys but respect.”

“it looks like Super Junior idols are turning into dramatic actors.” Ryeowook said. “I wonder when will I debut someday.”

“in a cooking show?” clueless Yesung asked. Heechul slapped him in on his back. “ouch, he’s perfect for that part!”

“Eunhyuk.” Said leeteuk. “its been  years since we started DJing and I don’t know if there would be someone better than you because its you that completes the show.”

“Eunteuk!” Eunhyuk cheered.

“Ryewook. I hope you eat a lot because you’re getting thinner. But I’m really thankful because you really took care of your hyungs. Because of you, were all fat, kekeke. Really, such a wonderful dongsaeng to have in the idol family.”

Kyuhyun the eternal maknae suddenly stood up.

“why are you standing?” asked leeteuk.

“because you’re going to tell something about me next and it’s better to stand up so everybody can see me well.” Kyuhyun said, putting his hands on his waist.

“oh, I forgot about Yesunngie, sit down.” Said leeteuk, and everybody laughed at Kyu’s pouting gesture. “Our Yesung is not just recognized in singing anymore. He can also act in theatrical plays and even host in a show like me. It seems that our KRY is getting a lot of opportunities in which I am happy.”

“okay last, Kyu.”

“finally.” Said Kyuhyun, and he stood up again.

“Kyu, even if most people only noticed you in the accident which leaves me in the hospital crying because I thought nobody cared for me, its totally fine.” Said leeteuk. “because its better for an evil maknae to exist than to have nothing to complete super junior.”

yah, what about my singing abilities?” asked Kyuhyun.

“no doubt about your singing abilities.” Said leeteuk and the maknae flashed his smile. “Araso, I guess were done for now. We only have one hour to prepare for the SM party, so better hurry up.”

“you’re forgetting one thing.” Said Kangin.

“what?” asked his leader, checking his watch.

group hug!!”

"yah, don't squeeze me too much, you're all big!" Ryeowook exclaimed as all the members embraced each other.