CHAPTER 15

A dorky Heart

Leeteuk blinked. Have he fainted? No, he can still see himself inside the restaurant. and how could he faint if he can still blink and see the wooden floor, the vintage frames and rusty old brown ceiling? With such weird identification, it seemed like his body reflexes no longer communicated with him and the raging hormonal system dominated, showering him with a mix of weird thought. he can’t speak. What was he feeling anyways? happy Surprised? Bewildered? Can there be an adjective to describe such? He could feel his knees weakening with a surge of butterflies in the stomach feeling. He couldn’t have expected such a thing taking place, with taeyeon giving him a gratitude kiss on the cheek.

He bit his lip, but couldn’t help to flash a smile in between.

“I’m sorry but I think I got disarmed.” He blurted.

Leeteuk massaged his heart, hoping that it is still functioning well as a pumping organ.

taeyeon looked at him and laughed.

“I thought you’d be speechless for more than two minutes.” She said, unable to keep up with her sunbae’s overwhelming reaction. The girl leader was back to her sitting spot on the opposite side of the table.

“I think I was speechless more than that.” Leeteuk said.

he could really feel his heart almost skipping beats. The girl is such a huge threat.

yah, oppa, kwenchana?” taeyeon asked, tapping his hand with a spoon.

Leeteuk nodded.

ne.” he replied.

“how many fingers in my hand do I have?” asked taeyeon

“five.” Leeteuk answered with the usual habit of playing with his food.

He noticed taeyeon in the fit of giggles. He realized that she was in her usual playful mood.

 “wait, what the--?”

“just checking.” Taeyeon beamed, resting her head on her open hand.

Leeteuk pinched the back of her other hand.

“ouch, what’s that for?” she pouted.

“just to let you know that I’m still on my senses.” Leeteuk said, rubbing the pinched area.

“aish, of course you are.” Taeyeon said. Epic fail on trying to kid around the suju leader.

the snsd’s ahjumma  suddenly smiled with an idea popping into her head. She took out her cellphone and captured her sunbae looking afar.

“souvenir.” She said upon seeing leeteuk with a bewildered look on the face.

aish, taking advantage.” He laughed.

 He started to focus on eating his untouched miso soup.

CLICK!

Leeteuk put the spoon back to his bowl.

“are you on drugs?” he joked.

“I said souvenir.” She said, defending herself.

Taeyeon had such air in herself that leeteuk absolutely loved.

“eat, taeng.” He offered, pushing the tray of kimbap.

Taeyeon tried to trick leeteuk by hiding the phone away from his eyes. With him not looking, she captured the third shot.

Leeteuk couldn’t help but to laugh, rubbing his eyes from the simultaneous flashes.

yah, jummataeng, if you don’t stop taking pictures of me, you can’t take all this food to dorm.” He dared, referring to her aunt like attitude of bringing home leftovers.

Taeyeon twitched.

“fine.” She sighed.

She placed her phone on the table and started poking a piece of kimbap.

 “oppa, I’m just happy the way this day turned.” She suddenly smiled. “hope you won’t take it against me.”

“well I’m happy too.” Leeteuk agreed. “now finish your food.”

---------------------

SUKIRA broadcast taping 11 pm

“wow, so they didn’t find you guys out?that’s good.” Said eunhyuk.

Leeteuk was back to the radio station just a couple of hours after driving taeyeon home. he had almost forgot that he was having a scheduled taping. Thanks to the manager who kept miscalling him. Yet he didn’t know how to explain to him how he managed to ignore his calls and for what proper reason. He will be in need to see him just to explain his side.

It was during in a middle of a couple of songs playing in air that leeteuk and eunhyuk had managed to talk about the incident.

“I really thought they were going to notice that we were riding the carousel.” Said leeteuk. “good thing it was a merry go round and it was the only two of us so it really looked like no one was there.”

“it’d be a threat if they see you.” Said eunhyuk, drinking his coffee.

ne.” leeteuk said. “if it was you, how would you think you’ll do it?”

Eunhyuk thought for a minute.

“I’d probably run too like hyung.” He said . “but I think it’ll really give me a heart attack. Just imagine if its daytime, you really were lucky.”

He began scribbling English letters on his notepad using the anchovy pen his fans gave him.

“well, I guess, if you say so.” the idol leader agreed, looking at his notes.

hyung is brave.” Eunhyuk patted leeteuk’s shoulder.

hyung is cool.” Leeteuk beamed.

The SJ monkey laughed. He didn’t know how the oldest member of super junior can still take serious things in a calm manner.

“so how did taengoo reacted to the situation?” he asked, changing the subject.

“pretty much the same like me, you know taeng, she didn’t want to get exposed.” Said leeteuk.

He knew how taeng would really do anything just to protect her career and snsd.

“so she really liked the carousel surprise huh?” asked eunhyuk. “I envy the spicy icecream though. You should make icecream for your dongsaengs.”

Leeteuk was glad of the idea.

“oh, I will.” He said. “when I get back to the dorm.”

aish, its always the girls who get good treatments.” Eunhyuk pouted.

“am I not doing the same to you and the other members?” leeteuk laughed, referring to his group.

“well, hyung is really understanding and caring.” Eunhyuk thought. “araso. You have a proper excuse.”

“of course I have.” said leeteuk ruffling the sj monkey’s hair.

“so how did taengoo reciprocated your activities?” eunhyuk asked.

Leeteuk looked around his surroundings.he couldn’t slip any information in an instant. He checked again.  All the other radio team members were busy doing some routines.

“come closer.” He told eunhyuk.

bwo—so I think I know what happened next.” Eunhyuk snickered as he leaned next to his hyung’s face

“oh you know?well I guess im not going to tell you what really happened then.” Leeteuk teased, moving inches away.

aish.” Eunhyuk slapped his arm. “tell me hyung!”

Leeteuk leaned closer again, composing the right words.

a kiss on the cheek.” he whispered. A kiss on the cheek, he couldn’t help smiling just by the thought of it.

Eunhyuk  fell on his chair.

“a kiss!” he blurted, pointing to his hyung as if he spotted a criminal.

aigoo.” Leeteuk bit his lip and closed his eyes in a red handed situation as the other radio staff looked at them in a surprised manner. Asia’s anchovy, the big mouth, strikes again.

Eunhyuk covered his lips upon seeing the leader’s reaction.

“a kiss, sukira kiss the radio!” he sang, hoping to confuse the staff of what they were talking about.

It was effective.

“you’re dead meat.” Leeteuk mouthed to his dongsaeng as the radio team resumed to their activities.

Eunhyuk embraced him as if seeing a lost brother for the first time.

“sorry, hyung!” he hissed.

aish, let go of me.” Leeteuk laughed, trying to yank himself free.

But of course he missed the feeling, goofing around with eunhyuk as well as the other super junior members. It had really been a long time since he used to just kid around. Now he felt really older and more responsible towards the group as time goes by. he sighed.

“time to go on air.” Leeteuk said, turning on the microphone.

you guys just listened to songs by Boa, missA, mblaq, ukiss and shinee.” Said eunhyuk.  “hyung, most big idol groups are starting to form subunits nowadays, what do you think of that?

its actually fine.” said leeteuk in his usual soft voice. “but back when we were doing subunits before, it really took a long time before super junior became one single group again. but it has its advantage because you get to play different genres of music.”

ne. super junior has done trot, Chinese, Japanese, ballad, rnb and pop music.” Eunhyuk agreed. “it really shows our versatility as a group.”

and super junior M will debut again soon, better watch on that.” Leeteuk told the listeners.

“super junior M is the big thing in 2011.” Said eunhyuk.

how about super junior fifth album?” leeteuk questioned.

it’s the best thing that is going to happen.” Eunhyuk grinned.

ne, so please anticipate the fifth album. Thank you so much for supporting the fourth album.” Said leeteuk.

Eunhyuk babbled a few words before turning to the next topic.

hyung, what song comes into your mind when youre crazy over a girl?” he asked.

Leeteuk thought for a minute.

honestly there’s a lot.” He concluded, playing again with his hair. “but I guess, it’ll be super junior’s U

hyung, in super junior’s U, the song tells of a guy wanting a girl to be his. So that’s exactly like you?” eunhyuk teased.

Leeteuk knew what his dongsaeng wanted to picture.

who wouldn’t want a girl to be yours, ne?” he asked, eyeing him to shut up.

Eunhyuk motioned to zip his mouth and cleared his throat.

ne, so because of hyung, were going to play the song U by super junior and talk to our next caller afterwards.” Said eunhyuk as he flashed his gummy smile at the leader.

Leeteuk turned the microphone off.

“youre such a tattle tale.” He said, tickling eunhyuk by the ribs.

aish, hyung, stop!” the sj monkey couldn’t hide his laugh. “blame the writers, blame the writers!”

Leeteuk tickled him more until eunhyuk almost fell to the chair. He really missed kidding a lot that he wanted his dongsaeng to suffer to a bunch. Eunhyuk couldn’t stop laughing and returned the same favor by picking at his hyung. The two reached the floor, goofing around.

It was only that leeteuk stopped when he saw a pair of familiar feet in black velvet pumps and skinny jeans walking towards them. It halted, somewhat uncertain of what the two were doing. The familiar stomp and modeling sure really made him realize that he had been with the person for quite a certain time. He was surprised for the unexpected visit.

noona?” eunhyuk hastily straightened himself up to greet their tall visitor.

Leeteuk also stood up.

“kahi.” He said, leveling her gaze.

Kahi smiled.

“I believe you weren’t expecting me?” she said, looking at leeteuk. “you two looked like you really had a good time tickling each other.”

ne, I thought you were a guest or something.” Eunhyuk said, embarrased. “have a seat noona.”

Kahi sat in a chair next to her co-leader.

“how are you?” she asked leeteuk.

“im completely fine.” He replied. “you?”

“im okay too. I’ve never been to this studio for such a long time. Gosh, I miss this.” She said.

“come back when you have a new album.” Leeteuk winked.

Kahi smiled and leaned her head toward eunhyuk’s direction.

“yah, calling me noona makes me feel weird.” She told him, who was immersed to the conversation of the two.

“its okay. I respect noona and hyung.” eunhyuk said, referring on his age difference to her and leeteuk.

aigoo, is that a compliment or what?” kahi laughed, trying making herself comfortable from the statement.

Leeteuk looked at her and realized that it has been three days that he hasn’t seen her. he wondered how she negotiated with we got married on postponing their taping. The show ran for a couple of months now because of the popularity, but he will be really guessing when it’s going to end. He need a lot of time to talk to her when they get home.

“what’s the matter, jungsu?” kahi asked as she noticed him looking at her.

“nothing” leeteuk smiled.

“would you like something to eat or drink?” he asked instead.

“what have you got there?” she was looking at the pile of boxes at the other end of the table.

“some sweets.”

Leeteuk opened a box of donuts he and eunhyuk received from the fans who visited the studio. He gave the less sugary piece to Kahi, who was really watching on her diet.

“you're back early.” He told her as he placed a strawberry flavored donut on a tissue for eunhyuk to eat.

ne. I guess I missed you.” Kahi said.

She really thought about him a lot during her vacation. Some decisions that will change her life forever.

Eunhyuk looked like he was going to vomit.

“um, excuse me, sorry, I’m not used to old people talking.” He joked.

Leeteuk quickly shoved a donut to eunhyuk’s mouth.

aish, I’m only older than you in three years.” He remarked.

---------------------

Kim taeyeon gazed at the ceiling and smiled. She had a very nice day today, an awfully weird but fantastic day of hanging out. She started running because of her tardiness, and ended the day running too because of the management staff incident. It was a craze but she definitely had a blast. It was all because of leeteuk oppa who even managed to rent three places inspite of his busy schedule. It was full of adventure, bungee jumping, making fried icecream, and riding a carousel that she once dream of. She never thought that she would do bungee jumping because of the height, she didn’t know that fried icecream was done by freezing, and she obviously doesn’t have any clue that she can still fulfill one of her dreams by riding the merry go round.

Taeyeon looked at the stolen pictures she captured from her sunbae. She captured leeteuk focusing on his soup, leeteuk looking afar, and leeteuk who just finished telling her to start eating. And by all means, he looked perfectly great in every shot. She was once taught that the best example of a perfect picture is capturing a natural moment and she wouldn’t want to miss a fantastic day not getting a natural shot of him. The suju leader really managed to look good even in a stolen shot, with a dimple showing even if he was not smiling.

She sighed, wondering how she could repay her oppa’s kindness. It was really weird of her to give a cheek kiss but it seemed that the gesture wasn’t even enough. Was she even doing that because of gratitude or her heart just felt doing it? taeyeon shook her head. Nope. It can’t be out of the blue, it must have really been out of gratitude. No more, no less. She doesn’t want to immerse on the leader love issue. Not to even get into the idea of thinking about it. taeyeon groaned. Why is she feeling that something was not in its exact puzzle piece?

Taeyeon began to think about the sm crew that she and leeteuk saw upon riding the carousel. It was positive that they didn’t notice them; she even looked back when leeteuk was dragging her away from them. If her sunbae managed to rent places in provincial areas where at least few people were present, no one must have seen them too. Taeyeon pondered. No one saw them right? Even if a few people do, those were just a couple of ahjummas and ahjussis.

She can’t think about that right now. She really had a good time and thinking about negative ideas can destroy her day. taeyeon sighed and forced herself to smile, staring at sunny who silently snored from the other bed. Got to practice for the snsd concert tomorrow , she thought. She too mimic sunny, closed her eyes, and drifted herself to sleep.

-------------------------

Leeteuk woke up the next morning feeling a surge of happiness creeping in his veins. Probably still due to the effects of hanging out with taeyeon. They both really had a great time. Even the thought of her name brought a smile in his face. He didn’t know how such energy he can possess just by the thought of being with her in the first place. When would he see her again? maybe at the SM building practicing her into the new world concert? Things were definitely back to normal and she was not ignoring him anymore. It would really be easier to talk again as if nothing happened. As if she was just really thinking of him as the old leeteuk she used to hang out with.

“wow, smiling alone while eating? That’s creepy.” Kahi said upon seeing leeteuk’s facial expression.

They were seated opposite the table, having an early breakfast before resuming to their group activities.

“really just happy with the way things are going.” Leeteuk replied, referring to the way how taeyeon treated him now.

Kahi nodded while putting two teaspoons of sugar in her orange juice.

Leeteuk had noticed the difference. He looked at her with a confused look in the eyes.

“are you okay?” he asked.

Kahi grinned sarcastically.

“don’t I look okay?” kahi asked back.

Leeteuk removed her hand from putting in another batch of sugar to her drink.

“you don’t usually put too much sweet stuff on your food.” He said, taking away the sugar.

“well, I guess I want to now.” Kahi said.

She put the sugar container back on the table.

“kahi.” Leeteuk said, stopping her. “tell me what’s wrong.”

“fine.” Kahi sighed. “its just the jealousy part thing. You and taeyeon out yesterday, you talking about it last night before we sleep with a real smile on your face.”

She shook her head, erasing her convictions.

“I don’t usually take this stuff really seriously you know. I usually just let it pass so I just let you talk and talk about it because I believe in myself. I came home because I know that I have the advantage because you knew that I like you and I thought that it will be easier. But since finding out that you two became closer again when I was gone, I really felt crushed.”

“i- I’m sorry.” Leeteuk didn’t know what to say.

“don’t blame yourself because I like you.” Kahi shrugged. “or blame yourself because you like her.”

Leeteuk heaved out a deep breath, uncertain of what to tell her next.

“I’m really sorry for letting you think that way, its obviously my fault for being insensitive.” He said in a concerned tone.

“insensitive? jungsu, its not that. I’m fine with you talking about it, I already said that.” Said Kahi. “you even used to talk about her before that I don’t even mind.”

“but when I started falling for you which is really a fault of mine feeling it, she became sort of a competition for me.” The afterschool leader continued, staring directly at his eyes. “I guess its natural huh? Loving someone who doesn’t love you back? Even you can feel it, you’re not even certain that she likes you yet you shower her with so much affection.”

“I know how that feels.” Leeteuk said, lowering his voice. He suddenly felt losing his energy. Must not think about it.

Kahi slammed her hand on the table.

“that’s why it keeps me going.” She said, surprising him. “since she doesn’t like you, or let me just say haven’t realized yet that she likes you, I’ll take that as an advantage. “

She smiled in a way which made leeteuk felt goosebumps on his skin. He had a weird thought on Kahi’s sudden reaction.

“kahi.” he sighed. “you’re beautiful and intelligent and nice. There are guys out there who can really take care of you and way deserving to have you.”

“don’t just fall for the clumsy guy who had bad relationships. “ he continued, obviously referring to himself.

“if you really think of me as that then why is it youre not inlove with me?” kahi laughed. “honestly, I really have what it takes to be an ideal partner. We think the same because of our age, were both leaders, we think the same towards our members. I can’t really tell why youre inlove with someone instead.”

“but really, I’m not discouraged with that so you can’t stop me from having this kind of feeling towards you. I really think you’re special so you can’t say bad things to yourself.” She continued.

Leeteuk was unsure how he would dismiss some important things with Kahi. He wouldn’t want to hurt her feelings. And he wouldn’t want to escape from it either. He really has to talk to her as soon as possible.

Kahi held his hand with a lot of tenderness.

“I love you, Park Jungsu.” She said, softly. “and I’ll do my best to fight for you because I really think you’re the one.”

 

“kahi, I---“ Leeteuk bit his lip. he was stopped by the sudden ringing of his cellphone.

Oh great, bad timing, he thought. kahi let go of his hand and sighed.

“hold on, please.” He said as he turned to see who called.

yobuseyo?manager hyung?”

Leeteuk lowered his head to get a proper hearing from his caller.

“yes, uh huh… yes I was there with her, I’m suppose to tell you when we meet today.” He said, playing with his fork. “what? How did you know? Who told you that? They wanted to see me? Oh my… is everything alright? Araso, I’ll be there.”

Leeteuk placed his phone on the table and looked at the kitchen window, feeling lost.

“what happened?” kahi asked, surprised by the sudden look on his face.

Leeteuk stared at her helplessly like a boy not knowing what to do.

“someone saw us yesterday.” He replied.

“what did they do? what was the evidence?” Kahi questioned.

Leeteuk closed his eyes in a feeling of obvious disappointment.

 “they--- they  had it photographed.” He said through gritted teeth.

Kahi was shocked. She never saw him looked a lot worried and scared before.

“oh gosh, jungsu…” she felt really sorry for him.

“kahi, I don’t know what to do.” leeteuk confessed. “the management wants to see me now.”