CHAPTER 1

A dorky Heart

 

LATE AT NIGHT: SUKIRA

CLICK!

Kim Taeyeon exhaled a deep breath, just seconds after flashes of camera ended. What a tiring night for SNSD, here they are wrapping up for their guesting at SUKIRA radio show, a super junior program that airs late at night for fan service.

“Taeyeon ah, what are you doing?”

Taeyeon blushed. She was lightly punching Park Jungsu at the chest and the camera captured the moment. The camera also captured Leeteuk’s hand gently patting her head.

“ah.. ha.. im dorky leader of a gang group who just punched you because you’re a bully.” taeyeon said, trying to make an excuse

“thanks for dropping by at sukira” leeteuk winked. Even the mighty pair of dimples is a sight to behold of.

Taeyeon nodded, squeezed leeteuk’s arm as a form of farewell and rushed to Im Yoona’s side for another photo op. The Kid leader embraced the tall beauty who was making a mischievous grin.

“satisfied?unni?” Yoona asked laughing while her leader’s back.  Taeyeon blushed again, arms still embraced.

“im so embarrassed, I did not know what I was doing!” Taeyeon hissed burying her head to Yoona’s scarf.

“happens all the time when youre in love” Yoona said. Taeyeon laughed

“as if!” she hissed again but still smiling.

 

The SNSD girls finally said their goodbyes and left the radio show. Meanwhile, Leeteuk and Eunhyuk who were the radio DJ’s remained to finish the program.

“did you see what she has done to me? Ahaha” leeteuk exclaimed to Eunhyuk off air. “ I was like, yah, what are you doing??”

Eunhyuk smiled his anchovy smile and said “that’s gonna leak off the press hyung

“I don’t mind, just as they don’t exaggerate” leeteuk replied scratching his eyes. “Araso, we need to wrap up”

Hyung, when are you going to tell her?” Eunhyuk asked

“tell her what?”

“your feelings, silly!”

“the management would not approve of it, silly number two” leeteuk said, disapprovingly. He gently pinched Eunhyukkie on the cheeks. "plus, i need more time for that. time is a friend."

Hyung, even superjunior has couples and it’s legalized. How come there’s no super generation legalized?” he blurted. The leader laughed.

“because Taeng is six years younger than me, there is so much difference” leeteuk said. “apart from that, fans will go crazy over the issue, I might get trampled by the sones.”

“hey, fans need to support us and  youre just human hyung.”

“I know.. and its sad..”

 

SUPER JUNIOR DORMITORY

Ryeowook the third maknae (after Kyu and Henry)  was almost finished draining noodles when somebody rang the door bell.

Hyung, Eunhyuk ssi, youre home!” he smiled hugging his brothers. The bond between super junior members are so tight, even true blooded brothers will be put to shame.

“ what’s for dinner?” Eunhyuk asked

“ well my famous fried noodles of course!” wookie exclaimed. He suddenly looked at Leeteuk. “Hey hyung, are you ok?”

“what me? Oh.. yeah” leeteuk said. “I’ll just change, then I’ll come to dinner, ok?”

“come on hyung, let’s just eat immediately, im starving” eunhyuk said

“silly, go change too. Your socks might stink again” leeteuk laughed, remembering the Exploring the Human Body days.

 

Leeteuk hurriedly went to his room to change. The all white surroundings of the area can be quite sickening to others. White bed, white chairs and tables, white plasma tv. For leeteuk, it was a heavenly place.

“better” he said, after putting on a sleeveless shirt and shorts. He washed his face in the bathroom and the seconds reminded him of something. Leeteuk exhaled deeply.

“hmm.. what to write about now..”

Leeteuk went to his desk and opened the white mac book air his fans gave on his 27th birthday. He began to write on his mini hompy, a Korean blog.

 

I wonder how loneliness envelops people in the world. If you are strangled to love, then how could it be called a thing at all? The member of milk club is me, the leader, hoping to throw the depression away in exchange for happiness. Onew, Mickey, Yoona and Taeyeon joined the club already. We need to fight. Especially…”

 

Leeteuk erased the two last sentences and closed his laptop. He sighed, and went to join his other super junior members to eat.

 

SM ENTERTAINMENT BUILDING, 7:45 am

 

The SM entertainment dance area was too much occupied. Artists of every group was there: suju, snsd, shinee, f(x). all preparing for the SM TOWN concert to be held only a couple of days away. The artists were all sitting on the floor, waiting for the over all manager’s announcement.

“anyong, as for the preparation of SM town, we are going to have a new segment.”

Whispers from every mouth surrounded the room. Everybody was eager to discover what is stored for them.

“the management has decided to pair you up guys. You are going to dance with someone from the other groups. Please see the list, meet your partner somewhere where  you could practice alone. The winning pair will have a prize”

Leeteuk was the first to see the list. He was shocked.

 

“YAH, are you bothered so much you don’t want to pair with me??” taeyeon asked in her loud booming voice. Leeteuk laughed.

“yeah, im so much bothered. I don’t know how you can cope up” he winked. Taeyeon flushed.

“im just kidding Kim Taeyeon” leeteuk said

Taeyeon sighed and dropped to the floor.

“Taeng, im just kidding.” Leeteuk assured her.

 

“I know im just a girl with a voice” taeyeon mumbled.

“haha, taeng..” leeteuk replied. His voice was too much gentle, as if an angel was speaking. Taeyeon stuck her tounge at him.

“don’t do that or I’ll cut your toungue” leeteuk said, smiling. “Miss kim taeyeon, I am so much honored to be paired up with you, don’t be bothered, ok?”

Taeyeon did not answer.

“haha, taengoo, youre cuter when you act like a kid”

“im not a kld!” taeyeon said, almost shouting

“of course youre not”. Said leeteuk. “youre a fully grown mature woman who needs to be taken cared of”

Taeyeon smiled. “really?”

“do you think im kidding around?”

“yeah”

“silly” leeteuk said patting her head.” I don’t know what will I do without a dongsaeng like you.”

“am I just a dongsaeng?” taeyeon mumbled. Her eyes met the suju leader’s gaze and she turned away.

“taeng.. lets just practice ok?” leeteuk said changing the subject. Taeyeon agreed.

 

Practice went out already like a routine. The sm town concert finally started at korea and some other countries like United states and asia. The artists of sm town took their practice in between shows. Somehow, the pairing idea gave them a good turning point. Everyone was getting close to their partners.

 

“im so tired!” taeyeon gasped, sitting at the far edge of the dance floor. It was late at night, all the other artists left to return to their dormitories. Leeteuk encouraged taeyeon to stay over to practice her dancing in which she agreed. Both are perfectionists.

“you want to go home already?” leeteuk asked leaning over at her, wiping his face. “drink more water”

“I don’t know how you cope up with this lifestyle, youre even a dj” taeyeon said in awe.

“you just have to love work taeng” leeteuk smiled, showing his dimples.

“why do you smile always?”

“because I want too.” Leeteuk said. “do you want me to shrug around a lot. You even drained my energy in practice”

“no” taeyeon said. “fine, I’ll start again”

Taeyeon hit the dance floor. Leeteuk smiled at her. The dongsaeng he had taken care of since trainee was practically improving, even at the dance floor. She was also getting mature, looking at her fellow snsd members. Leeteuk yawned, it was already late. He scratched his eyes and tried to make it open. And somehow, he was in a thought of taking a nap.

“yah, what are you doing?” taeyeon asked stopping in her dance. Leeteuk’s eyes were already closed.he was leaning his head at the wall.

“eeteuk shi?? Oppa?hey..” she poked at his chest. Leeteuk twitched, eyes still closed.

“just five minutes, ok?” leeteuk whispered.

“you gotta see me dance” taeyeon said

“taeng, I saw you dance a lot of times, you can do it” leeteuk said. “just five minutes”

Taeyeon wiped her forehead and smiled. Her leader counterpart, even drenched in sweat still looked fresh and like an angel.

 

Somehow, she was enticed to touch the face that took many elfs’ heart away. So many concerts had passed, so many awards had took place, and yet the bond remained the same. He was still taking care of her, giving solutions to her problems. He was a big brother to all snsd.

“big brother” taeyeon thought. The idea of leeteuk’s role gives an unexplainable feeling at her chest, somewhat a wringing sensation. Its as if She wanted more.

 

Taeyeon’s right hand cusped the leader’s face. The surface was very smooth, just like hers. The six years gap does not make a big difference. Leeteuk takes care of his face a lot.

 

Taeyeon leaned closer, examining his face. He smells sweet even in sweat?? She thought. And the eyes, the eyebrows countour line are all beautiful! Taeyeon leaned even more closer, their faces are only inches apart.

 

“I can feel you” leeteuk whispered. Taeyeon’s heart skipped. He was awake all the time.

But she was so enveloped to his beauty that her hand cannot let go of the face.

“taeng, if you continue doing that...” Leeteuk said

“just five minutes” taeyeon heard herself say. She continued to run her hands to his face.

“taeng..”

“you look like a fallen angel” taeyeon smiled. Leeteuk’s eyes slowly opened, slowly blinking.

“are you really making me explode, taeyeon?” leeteuk asked in his gentle voice. He placed his hand on her nape.

“do you know what this means? He asked referring to the gesture.

“as if.” She teased.

Leeteuk chuckled. “so you know what this means?”

‘somehow, I guess.”

“hm..”

it all happened so fast. The next moment, their faces are just a cm apart.

“finish your dance ahjumma” he whispered. Taeyeon frowned in surprise.

babo”. She said. Taeyeon stood up and threw her towel at leeteuk.

“taeng! Haha, that’s gross!”

“in your face ahjusshi!” she said stubbornly.

“yah, who are you calling an ahjusshi?” leeteuk blinked. “I look younger than you.”

“and insensitive too!” taeyeon said.

“don’t call me that.” Leeteuk said standing up heading to the speakers. “now finish your move before we go home.”

 

taeyeon and leeteuk finished their practice at one in the morning. Both were so tired but leeteuk, the evercaring leader gave taeyeon a ride with his white BMW convertible.

“im hungry” taeyeon pouted.

“do you want to eat?” leeteuk asked

“yeah… please? Just to the grocery store I see at the corner. The girls at home are already asleep”

“why bother going to the grocery? Wookie is still awake.” Leeteuk said. “I’ll take you to the dorm.”

“that’s an all boys dorm” taeyeon said

“I know, that’s why youre allowed there.” Leeteuk joked. Taeyeon pinched him in the arm.

babo” she said. “I think im fine with the grocery, let wookie sleep.”

“okay, but we cant go out, someone might see us.”

“its fine, as long as its your treat.” taeyeon flashed her kiddie smile

“ah, my ahjumma, so sarcastic.” Leeteuk smiled and manipulated the wheel.

 

Leeteuk quickly eyed the refreshment bar for taeyeon’s favorite juice. He already picked up the kid leader’s favorite food: squid chips, hot ramen noodles and a kimchi. He bought coffee for himself.

“yah, its eeteuk oppa!” one of the grocery personnels said. Leeteuk smiled and went to pay at the counter.

“three hundred and 50 won”. Said the cashier who was not looking at him. Leeteuk took out bills and paid.

kamsamnida” leeteuk smiled again.

“you are getting a free sticker sir.” Said the cashier. He handed leeteuk a 3 inch sticker of a famous girl artist wearing skimpy skirt and a sweater.

“oh, how random.” Leeteuk said in awe.

“you look cute together sir” said the cashier and winked. Leeteuk laughed.

 

Taeyeon was waiting at the car, arms crossed.

“so cold” she said. Finally, leeteuk was already carrying her food.

“yey!” taeyeon cheered. He quickly gave her the plastic with the food inside.

“coffee for me only”. He said. “indulge”

“why don’t you want to eat?” taeyeon asked, pouting.

“im happy by the looks of you eating, so im satisfied.” Leeteuk kidded. Taeyeon nudged him with a chop stick.

“hate you for being sweet and sour” she mumbled, opening the cup of ramen. “its hot..”

“be careful.” leeteuk said, handing her a napkin to cover the cup.

kamsamnida oppa” taeyeon said while eating.

Leeteuk smiled. “you look like a pig”

“really??”

“yeah”

“silly” taeyeon said rolling her eyes.

“c'mon eat some more”said leeteuk. He took out a sticker.”taengoo, look at this”

“hey that’s me!” taeyeon said, snatching the sticker. “this is free?i look y here haha”

“well that’s months after you debuted.” Leeteuk joked sipping his coffee. A topic popped into his head. A question he wanted to ask before but was unable to do so. ”taeng…”

“what?” taeyeon asked with full of food.

“first,do not talk when your mouth is full. And second… do I look old to you?”

“yeah, just look at our age difference, six years!” Taeyeon said laughing

“oh” leeteuk said looking at his coffee.

“well its just age.” Taeyeon said flipping her hair. She pinched the leader’s cheeks. “but apart from your care towards the members and the sonyeoshidae, youre just like any other kids around.”

“your pinching hurts ahjumma” said leeteuk, happily contented of her statement.