Facing A Bit of Reality

Bangtan's Finest

Facing A Bit of Reality


"Catch me if you can~" Jimin says as he shoots a smirk towards his best friend and passes the ball to Yoongi, who perfectly aims a shot for the basket.

"Yay!" Jimin yells as the ball falls through the basket, scoring them another three. By now Taehyung's team was behind by some 4 points.

"You guys are so hard to compete against!"

"That's because our team has the genius Min Yoongi-nim!" Jimin smiles cheekily as he looks over to Yoongi. "If it isn't for this basketball skills, we would be at your position now"

Seriously, why do you smile so much, Park Jimin? Doesn't it hurt to always smile? Yoongi goes into an array of thoughts again, failing to see the ball that was coming towards him. As the rough surface of the ball comes into contact with the side of his face, he snaps out of his thoughts and falls down, out of balance.

"Sorry, hyung!" Jeongguk apologizes as if it was a very normal thing.

"Yah! Don't you see whether people are focused here or not?"

"Well what were you thinking then?"

To that, Yoongi doesn't want to answer. "Just... just something! But don't you have the common sense of looking at someone before throwing the goddamn ball!" He tries to avoid answering it.

"I know what you were thinking~" Taehyung whispers beside Yoongi's ear, earning another elbow on his stomach in addition to a kick on the leg. "Oww!" He yells as he falls down, out of balance, first.

Namjoon perks up at his whines, but composes himself, He wants to help him, but at the same time he doesn't want to. He needs to maintain the fact that he despises Taehyung. Or somewhat tries to.

Seokjin shoots him an all-knowing smile. "You can't keep hating on him, you know. As much as he acts like he doesn't like you, he needs someone to support him. He's been through a lot" He says and puts a hand over the latter's shoulders. "And you cannot keep denying that you do not hate him or whatever. Even if you don't like it, you accepted that he is your brother, after all"

Namjoon just looks at Seokjin for a brief moment before taking a deep sigh. He was conflicted. What Seokjin said was all true, but he didn't want to accept it. Where did all of my hatred towards him go to? "Let's meet at the rooftop today; call?"

"Sure"

"Is that a tattoo I see on your back, Yoongi-hyung?!" Jeongguk yells pretty loudly, gathering all attention.

"" Seokjin curses as Yoongi shotts a glare at him. He mouths "It's not my fault!" But the golden-haired guy doesn't even mind.

Another this about this one particular school was that they had only one rule: not to do anything illegal inside the school campus, which Yoongi had already broken. Other than that, they put less to no restrictions on the students; mostly because almost half of them never step out of the campus. Except for the scholarship students, the other students never even turned their head towards home. Nor would their family be available to take care of them.


Jimin is in the practice room alone, staring at the ceiling, his mind wandering here and there as his breathing gradually got steady. That is his problem: if he starts thinking, then they never stop.

He wonders whether he even deserved to have his friends right now. For all he knows, he could not even enter the road in which this campus is located, but yet here he is, studying his off to have at least some value when he steps out. It's not like he puts himself at the bottom line of his surroundings, but he feels undeserving. There are a lot of things which he is unable to tell, like how he is weirdly liking Hoseok but at the same time feeling something for Yoongi. He would be a disgrace to his family if they know about him. That isn't what he wants. He just wanted to study here and be anonymous. He also has expectations: to perform on a stage.

Dancing is something he had always liked, ever since middle school. He started contemporary dancing at first, out of sheer curiosity, but didn't expect it to become a major routine in his life. Now, he cannot spend a day without moving those graceful legs of his. 

Dancing was one of his own ways to relieve stress. There was only so much things to smile at. Even if he looked like he was happy and literally without a problem in life, he was worried over a lot of things. All he could think about is the boulder of desperation on his shoulders-- to graduate with flying colors in order to get a job to support his lower middle-class family-- and how it was becoming a big burden. Finishing school isn't enough to get a decent job and survive in this cruel world, and so he had no other option but to enter here. He had heard from those who got out of here that their reputation rose just with the name of this Private School.

Not only that, he has to hide his confusing heart to stay normal around two specific people.  It was as if everything he was contemplating on was not enough, now it had to be about his own feelings.

"Hey," He jolts at the voice, but calms down as he sees the familiar smiling face of Jung Hoseok.

"What are you doing here, hyung?"

"Nothing; just wanted to let the stress out... But they don't usually let scholarship students use practice rooms at other times than during school"

"I clean this place every week, so I have special permission to come here" Jimin answers and puts on his wide smile again.

"Let me guess, you've been here for the whole evening after our meet at the basketball court, right?"

"Well..." He takes a long pause before sitting upright. "More or less"

"Idiot, you'd end up in the hospital if you dance so much. Anything's good, but only up to a level" Hoseok says as he lightly knocks on the younger's head.

"I love dancing, hyung. I would be happy if I die dancing"

"Hey, don't tell things like that!"

Unlike Jimin who had accepted the reality of the harsh world, Hoseok was still awkward with dealing a lot of things: death, for example. Since childhood, he hadn't liked the word at all. And also because he hadn't ever encountered any situation like that, he was inexperienced with facing it and was thus really afraid of it. He thinks that things like diseases, or even less, even fainting aren't that true enough.

"Hyung, now or later, you'll have to face it. You cannot keep denying it" Jimin says as he gets up, slightly wobbling in his steps as he approaches the speaker to turn it on. His skin is pale enough, but Hoseok thinks that it's because of the sweat and the tiredness.

"It's not like I'm not wanting to accept it, I just can't."

"You will, if you face a situation like that"

"Well... have you?"

"My grandma" He says weakly as he goes over to the computer to set the volume and play a song.

Hoseok lies on his back, lifting his legs straight up in the air, as a form of excercise. He was expecting a song to blast through the speakers at any moment, but he didn't expect a loud thud.

"Jimin? What was it?" He asks, eyes never leaving the ceiling. 

Only silence replies to him.

"Jimin?" That is when he gets to have a clear view.

And he definitely did not expect what he sees right now.

He shudders as he sees Park Jimin on the floor, not moving a bit or even looking like he's breathing. He gathers up his courage and crawls over to the guy.

"J-Jimin, get up; if this is a prank then I'm pissing my pants over here" He says, hoping what he said is true. The six just loved to prank him, and no matter how aware and agile he is, he usually falls for it. "Jimin, get up"

Only a silent wheeze comes from the latter, and then follows dead silence. Only his breaths resonates around his ears.

"Park Jimin, get up!" He shakes the latter violently, but now not even the slightest movement comes from the latter. He then noticed that his skin has turned almost three shades lighter and cold beads of sweat are on his forehead.

Shivering, he shuffles for his phone and dials the number he had bihearted the most.

"H-Hyung, can you come over to the dance room? Now?"


A/N: okay hate me all you want...

i hope you like this~ OOH AND SUBSCRIPTIONS COMMENTS AND UPVOTES ARE LOVED