Free

Bangtan's Finest

Free


"I feel bored! We do nothing but play here and go back to our boring dorms!" Jeongguk whines, stomping his feet like a kid as Yoongi shoots his second ball right into the hoop.

"Kookie's right! Let's do something fun!" Taehyung adds in, putting a hand over his shoulder and nodding furiously.

"Guys, we cannot leave the campus" Namjoon says, eyeing Taehyung more than he should. "And if we create a problem, things are going downhill for the rest of us"

"But I'm asking why we shouldn't" Yoongi joins the younger boys, the basketball resting on his hip. "Come on, it's not like we have anyone controlling us"

"But I have" Jimin raises his hands up timidly. "I need to be at the dorms before curfew time. And I don't think I'm allowed to take leave"

"You're the only one. We can talk something out with the head resident to let you come along. I demand for us to have a trip!"  Jeongguk says as he pulls Jimin towards their siude, leaving Seokjin and Namjoon opposite to them. "You two don't want to come?"

Namjoon looks at Seokjin who gladly joins the others, waiting for Namjoon to come over. "Come on, don't be such a killjoy and let everyone down" Seokjin urges.

Namjoon hesitates a bit, thinking he needed to stay out of trouble fot the sake of his family's reputation, but looking at Seokjin, all of those insults he got from his parents for being a disgrace to the family came flushing back to his mind, and he had to step forward.

"So a trip it is!"

It wasn't hard to convince the head resident of B-Dorm. It was just for a week, and Jimin was a pretty good with catching up to the lessons and everything so he was given permission.

And that is how the famous group of friends of Bangtan Academy had got themselves a trip.


"Wow! How did you get this car, hyung?" Jeongguk gapes in awe as he goes around the mini-truck, the vehicle become a rarity these days because he was from a wealthy enough family so why trucks when you can have Audi and BMWs?

"I know a friend of mine who rents out mini vans like this; I borrowed it from him" Yoongi says as Seokjin goes through his bags, checking if he was bringing any drugs again. "I said I didn't bring anything, hyung" He snatches the bag away from Seokjin, who is still frowning at him with an accusing look.

"I don't want you to ruin the kids"

"I won't, you don't have to worry. All I'd ever buy them is toffees"

"Hyung!" Both Taehyung and Jeongguk yell together.

"Fine, maybe a bit of booze since Kookie's coming of age during our trip. Nothing more"

"But I want to try out that drug you always do..."

"Jeon Jeongguk!" Seokjin yells, and Jeongguk knows better to stay quite instead of saying anything back.

He doesn't like it when he was babied by Seokjin or others: his main reason being I'm a grown up and I know everything I should! And honestly, he did not want to try those drugs that Yoongi uses. He just wanted to test out Seokjin like he always did, and was glad when he lashed out.

"Hop on, people! I'm driving" Namjoon announces all of a sudden, shocking everyone.

"For the sake of World Peace, please don't" Hoseok says with a grim face as he hops on the back with the younger boys, ready to have to some fun on their way.

Namjoon frowns a bit as everyone hops on, finally moving on their way. 

"Where we going, by the way?!" Taehyung yells to Seokjin driving in the front. Yoongi opens up the little window behind the front cabin, facing the four directly. "We're going to Busan"

"Busan?!" Jimin yells along with Jeongguk, hearing the familiar place. 

"Don't fret, it's not your home we're going to. We're camping for these seven days"

"Yes! Finally I don't have to go back home again!"

"But are we stopping somewhere?" Hoseok asks. "Because I want to do my business"

"Gross" Yoongi closes the window and tells Seokjin to stop at the terminus. Seeing Hoseok run for his life makes Jimin and Taehyung laugh so loud as everyone enter the food area.

"Treat's on me; get whatever you want" Seokjin says and settles down as everyone goes to buy what they wanted to eat.

Looking at Namjoon, he tries to ignore the flutters inside him. No, it's nothing. I'm just playing with him. I don't really love him... right?

When the mentioned boy smiles at him, waving a hot-dog over to him, he really contemplates his choice. "Just come on" He mouths to the latter, who nods in reply and walks over to him. 

When they became friends, Seokjin thought this was going to be another small 'affair' of his that will pass on like the flowing wind. He hadn't expected Namjoon to take up an integral part of his life. When he saw that goofy, idiotic smile of his, the flips of his heart were so genuine that he doubted whether he was still continuing with his 'affair'. 

"Here, your favorite hot dog" Namjoon shoves the hot dog into his hands, sitting beside him. "It feels so good, to be honest"

"What?"

"This trip as a whole. Coming with you guys is much better than with my family"

"Why do you hate your family so much?"

"Because..." Namjoon was almost about to say everything, but he composes himself. As much as he trusts Seokjin, he still doesn't want to say all of the past to him. "I just don't like the way they see the world"

"Same here"

And the two look at the three at the stands, contemplating on what to buy. Never had Kim Namjoon felt this happy and content and... free.


"Yes!" Jimin shouts as the ball flies to the goal, earning them another point.

The group of boys had found an abandoned football field, and had taken it for their little break. Who abandons football fields anyway?

"Aish, this is making me tired!" Taehyung plops down on the grass, heaving deep breaths. "You're good at almost anything you do!"

"I'm not good; I'm just interested in these" Jimin says as he lies beside him, staring at the clear sky above them.

This; this was what he loved about being with his best friend. As much of a stupid Taehyung comes off at first, he really knew everyone from deep within. He even knew Namjoon; the one he despised the most ever since being aware of his existence. Till now, Jimin was probably the only one who knew what Taehyung had been through. All the pain, distress, the depression that he had excellently covered up, just everything he had told Jimin about.

The other five just look at the two, spending their time silently. Even if they all were friends, they still had their own person to whom they were close to. To Namjoon, it was Seokjin; To Hoseok it was Yoongi; To Jeongguk it was Taehyung again. And it applied vice versa too.

Among the clustered table full of ty cafeteria food and their small meet-ups at the court, the seven knew they got themselves a friend for life.


a/n: okay i know the lamest cliffhanger ever but please wait for all the ruckus in the upcoming chapters B) and as always i love you all <3 if you can please go to my tumblr and ao3? thank u!