One More Day

Bangtan's Finest

One More Day


One peaceful night, Seokjin is suddenly startled awake. He looks around, confused as to why he woke up. The whole place was silent, and he sees Namjoon next to him, curled away into a ball. Hoseok's leg lays right atop his, and sprawled out next are the rest. He doesn't understand why Hoseok would insist on staying here when he has a comfortable bed all to himself, back in his home.

Then he actually remembers why he woke up.

"Your phone is ringing, hyung" Jimin grunts as he turns over to the wall, covering his ears with the pillow. "Why'd you keep an alarm?"

"It's someone calling," He replies as he squints at the ID. Doctor Lee, it reads and his eyes widen.

"Yeah, Doctor?"

Doctor Lee (Jinki as he insists them to call him but never actually succeeded) had been the only person giving them updates on Jeongguk's condition, and he did warn about his condition deteriorating or something.

"I need you all to come here now"

"N-Now?"

"Don't hiccup just come here! It's a serious matter and I want you all here in fifteen minutes maximum!"

"But why-- Hello? Did he just--!?" Seokjin looks at the phone in disbelief, but the hurry in the doctor's voice resonates in his ears.

"Guys, we need to go" He stand up, completely awake. "Now"


Jimin doesn't understand why they're rushing to the hospital at five in the morning. Heck, no one even wakes up at that time. Namjoon sleeps at that time in Sundays.

"Why are we going there again?" He asks, rubbing his eyes off the last bits of sleep.

"No one knows; Jinki hyung just called me and said for us to rush over there" Seokjin takes a look at the watch tied to his wrist. "In fifteen minutes"

"I mean, what is that important at five in the morning?"

"We don't know, Jimin. We won't know until we get there"

The rest of the ride is silent, Taehyung hopelessly falling asleep on Yoongi's shoulder and the latter on his head. They all wake up when they finally reach the hospital, Hoseok shaking them like it's the end of the world.

They realize, as soon as they spot Jinki walking to and fro while biting his lips, that this 'something' was close to the end of their world.

"Jeongguk,"

Scratch that, it is the end of their world.

"Jeongguk? What happened to him? Is he okay? Is he recovering? He's gonna wake up soon, right?" Taehyung asks, wide awake now.

"It's the opposite," Jinki sighs, finding no reason to hide anything from them. "He had a seizure last night"

A collective round of gasps go around the six. "He-He's fine, right?" Seokjin asks, trying to force a smile.

But when he sees Jinki's forlorn expression, his smile is wiped away. 

"He will be fine, he's just fine, isn't he?" Jimin asks over and over again, maybe trying to convince himself.

"I- I'm sorry, guys" Jinki sighs, finally letting a tear fall down.

The next few words, the next few seconds, everyone wants it to be erased.

"They've decided to end it"

There. It was out, without anything left to hide. It was out to break the hearts of those hearing it, into irreparable pieces.

"You're joking," Yoongi finally mutters. "Right? You want to prank us"

"I know this would be hard for you guys to take in, but it is what I heard from them. He is recovering, he sure is, but its not at the rate they want him to. And everyone had lost hope"

"But we haven't!" Hoseok yells through choked sobs. "None of us haven't lost hope! No, he isn't leaving us!"

"I'm so sorry" Jinki replies, pulling the poor guy into a hug, hoping it would calm him down. "But we have one last chance"

Everyone looks at him, at the same times, tears frozen in place.

"What is it? Tell us! I'd do anything to have him back!" Taehyung yells, lunging forward. Namjoon has to yank hard at him to pull him back from knocking the doctor to the floor.

"This is... its impossible. But people may respond to those who they're most close to. I've seen you guys, and I believe he feels the same towards you all. Maybe... you can try."

Everyone looks confused at what he said, but understood the main context: maybe, just maybe, they could save him. They could get him back.

"I-- His brother said this to me; he wants you all to come up. He believes its the only way"

Jeonghyun? Why would he believe that we'd save him? Seokjin muses, as Taehyung rushes towards Jeongguk's room first. He doesn't remember Jeongguk telling him that Jeonghyun knows about them enough to say they're Jeonggul's close friends. He had thought the boy didn't talk about them anywhere else. 

He takes one last look at the doctor before him, hoping for a miracle to happen. Jinki smiles; it's a pitiful one.


"Why are they here?" Jeongguk's father sneers as soon as he sees the six walking towards them.

Jeonghyun looks up, eyes still blurry from the tears streaming continuously. A wide smile replaces his frown as he practically runs over to them, but freezes in place when they actually expect him to come to them. He doesn't know them; how would he greet them? How could he? He was just a stranger; did Jeongguk even tell them about him? Would he even talk to them about his family?

"You're... Jeonghyun, right? Jeongguk's brother?" The shortest one asks, and his eyes widen.

He's surprised that they even know him. "Y-Yeah. You're his friends, right?"

"Jeonghyun, what are you doing, talking with those leeches?" His Mother asks him, in between sniffles, but he turns back with a glare instead.

"Watch your words, Mom" He says before turning back to the six standing before him.

"What are you all doing here?" Jeongguk's father asks, and Taehyung has to suppress the urge to lash out at him.

"We-We wanted to see Jeongguk," Seokjin speaks up. "For one last time"

"Isn't it enough that you all have killed him? Won't you even let him die in peace?" That is the first time everyone sees the old man shed tears. Even to Jeongguk's own family, that seems to be a surprise. "Everyone had lost hope; I had such big dreams for him. I told him, over and over again, to not make any friends. But no, he didn't listen to me. And look at where that lead him to!"

"Sir, we... want to see him. Please" Namjoon joins this time. "Please"

The old man eyes the six, each with looks of desperation and mourning clearly depicted in ther faces. For a moment, he feels pitiful for them, for having to lose their close friend like this, but that is soon replaced with the anger that they were the ones who led everything till this place today.

"Don't you understand? You killed him! Why should we let you in?"

"But we didn't! No one could expect what happened that day!" Yoongi yells back, done with resisting anymore. "We didn't expect him to jump off and fight along with me!"

"Fight along with you? You were the ones who took him with you! I told him again and again to not associate with any of you, and now he's ing dead! All my dreams have went away with him!" He looks away, trying to calm himself down. "And what the hell of a difference are you going to make?"

"What if we did?" Taehyung bites back. "What if we did make a change?"

"You're saying you'll defy the best doctors' words and get him back?"

"What if we do?"

"Taehyung, stop talking back--" Jimin says, pulling Taehyung back, but is cut off by the words ringing in the air.

"I'd do nothing. Nothing at all. He'd be free; I will not tell him to not be with you anymore"

That is what he would want, something echoes inside Seokjin's ears. That's what Jeongguk had always wanted.

"Are you letting them see him? Are you insane?" Jeongguk's mother yells, but the elder man spares a glance at her, shushing her down. "Jeonghyun, you better explain everything later"

"Thanks, dad" Jeonghyun smiles, opening the door of the room.


a/n: okay.... hohohoho why do i like suffering so much? why do i make THEM suffer so much i'll never understand.

pls give feedback! comments keep me going~ and this is (sadly) the last update for this month bc im in the month of my BIIIIIIG exams (aka finals) (p.s: wish me luck yep)