Stay With Me

Bangtan's Finest

Stay With Me


It's new that Jeongguk actually dreams something that isn't past memories, because he has never been in a train in all of his life.

It's white, beautifully white around him as the train goes, the wind carressing his face.

He doesn't know where it is going, or how he was even in here now, but he figures it would turn out well... somehow.

Before him, flashes of pictures pass through, like a slide, and he sees them. His friends, happy but at the same time, a striking tone of sadness around them. He wants to go to them, so badly, but he doesn't know how.

To his left, a flicker of darkness passes by, and he doesn't turn fast enough to see it clearly. Brushing it off as one of his inagimations, he goes back to watching outside the window, trying to think of old memories, but new, different ones pop up, and he's confused.

Where is this place? He wants to ask. The air almost feels like home, the feeling of returning back to home, yet a grief envelops him. It was painful, yet peaceful. A contradicting combination, and it confuses him.

The snow is cold, so cold, but nothing compares to the cold longing howling in his heart. How much he wants to go back, just look at everyone once, and he is ready to accept whatever fate has for him, just let him give his gratitude to everyone.

In the blink of an eye, the train enters a tunnel, a dimly lit tunnel, and across it, a pathway to somewhere outside.

Something about the way is very, very, familar, he realizes, as he almost times the exact minute the train crosses the way.

What he doesn't expect it to see himself, looking at the him inside the train. Almost immediately, the perspective changes, and now he's looking at the train passing by with speed.

"Jeongguk?" Hoseok's voice snaps him out. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, hyung," He finds himself saying, smiling. "I'm okay,"

"Is it just me, or was the one in the train just like you?" Jimin-- pink-haired Jimin-- asks, and that is when Jeongguk realizes everyone's different. Not just by looks, but by everything.

He almost think they aren't real when he sees their wide smiles. They're too good, too happy to be true, and his head spins after that.

He's back, back inside the train. His head hurts, and he looks around to find... the others.

Wait, what?

Hoseok shakes Jimin's hunched figure, but no one has their eyes on him. Not even Yoongi, the one to his right or Seokjin sitting right across him are looking at him. He wonders why, as the train comes to a silent, soft halt. Jimin is the first to get out of the compartment, the transluscent glass partially showing the view outside the door.

Without hesitation, he opens the door and walks out, turning around to call everyone. Come on, he seems to say, but his lips don't move, and that intrigues Jeongguk.

There's also something protruding through the pocket of his denim shorts, its ripped ends right below his knee. Jeongguk wonders how he's bearing the cold outside as he steps out, immediately met by the cold winter winds.

Soon, all the seven of them are out of their warm compartment, the confines of the train taking them to somewhere, and Jimin leads them. He takes something out of his pocket, scrunched and folded, but a familiar thing.

It's gloomy, but the sky glows a warm pink. Sunset, Jeongguk realizes as he sees the sun slowly go down, bidding its goodbyes to the worldly things and shine on the other side of the world.

Jeongguk walks behind the pack, slowly trudging between Seokjin and Yoongi.

And they stop. Jimin looks down at his hands, taking a deep sigh. Yoongi puts a reassuring hand over him, and soon Hoseok joins him, and they stand in a line, looking over a leafless, barren tree.

The tree somehow makes Jeongguk feel worse as he stands beside Namjoon, at one end, taking a glance at everyone. His eyes move to Jimin's hands, and no.

No, no, no.

His mind runs fast, overheating as everyone walk ahead, towards the barren tree.

It is only Jimin who turns back at him, a forlorn look on his face. He looks right through him.

No, hyung, he wants to yell, but he feels like his feet have stuck to the ground, unable to move, unable to go any closer. Preventing him from going any closer.

Jimin's eyes trail back to his own hands, looking at the thing in it as oceans fill his eyes.

No, please, please, please, don't do this, Jeongguk yells, but no sound comes out of him.

"It's okay, Jimin," Seokjin says. "We have to let him go,"

Jimin nods wordlessly, and crouches down, setting the shoes on the ground. He ties the laces together, linking the two as one. His eyes are filled with tears, but he thinks no crying would be enough to make the sorrow go away.

It's gloomy, the sky turns a fiery orange, but Jeongguk's heart is still cold. It's even colder now, like frozen ice, like the snow around him.

But snow melts away when Spring comes. When the sun lets its warm rays fill the Earth, snow melts and turns into flowing water. It joins the oceans, or rivers,or ponds, anywhere downhill, but it doesn't come back. After the first Winter goes, the second one will bring only new snow, new chill and new winds. 

When Spring comes, Jeongguk realizes, He may have to melt like snow, too.

*

The surrounding turns abruptly dark, and there are voices around him. Hasty, muffled, rushed voices. Clattering, snipping, beeps, incessant beeps that deafen his ears. Somewhere, he figures he can hear Jimin, too.

All of a sudden, as if he snaps awake, his eyes are wide open.

"We got him back, doctor!" A woman says, a mask over her face, showing only her eyes.

He looks around, panic taking over his senses as he jumps up and down, desperately attempting to breathe. He feels so full of it but at the same time, so void of it.

The chaos continues,but he gets tired. Maybe closing his eyes for a second won't hurt, he thinks, but he soon finds himself in deep sleep. And he couldn't open his eyes, either. 


"He's asleep," Seokjin breathes out, brushing the damp, sweaty hair out of Jimin's face. His face and eyes were still red, Seokjin could see the bloodshot outline of his eyes as Jimin breaths unevenly, even in sleep.

He walks out to the ER, taking a moment to look at Jeongguk's parents right outside, obviously hurt and praying to all Gods that he'd somehow make it.

But even Seokjin is losing hope now.

It had been three whole days since the first Jeongguk had responded, a light twitch of his finger, but that was it. The fingers that were once millimeters over the covers atop him, had fallen right back.

"He must've been tired," Namjoon says, rubbing his eyes. It was evident that he needed sleep too, but really, how can someone sleep in such a situation?

They had finally, finally returned back to their apartment that afternoon, and everyone had crashed on their beds first, catching up on needed sleep. It was afternoon, but not like anyone cared.

Until the ID Doctor Lee flashed in Seokjin's mobile, that is.

Because after that, everyone are wide awake, and on edge. He got into a seizure. Again. We're taking him in for surgery, the doctor had said, we don't know how much time he has left, he had not said but everyone knew.

It was as if everyone had suddenly turned mute, unable to utter a word. Wordlessly, everyone had changed into the most decent outfit they could pull together and rushed to the hospital, only to be met with the boy's agonized parents and a forlorn brother just outside, the red light alive above the door.

Jimin had panicked, trying to barge through the door until Namjoon and Taehyung pulled him back, forcing him to sit down and not cause a ruckus. Even then, he had hyperventilated, breaths short and heavy, and with his already injured lung, he had to be kept in another room to rest.

Just then, the doctor steps out, removing his mask. "He's fine, but..."

"Can we go in?" Yoongi asks.

"Yeah; just... yeah, you can" he says and lets way for them to go inside. Lets them see the surprise for themselves, because they had waited a whole year for it; they can wait another hour or so.

He sighs, hoping everything would turn out just fine.


a/n: THIS PART OF THE STORY'S COMING TO AN END ;; and so is kookie's suffering omg even i wonder what i'm gonna write hahahah

as always, feedbacks are welcome! i love feedbacks :3

p.s: i was shocked when i saw the MV for Spring Day like how did you know i was using jungkook as my main character how did you do that? :>

AND ITS BEEN A YEAR SINCE I POSTED THIS FIC! YAYYYYYYYY