Best friends, or more?

Bangtan's Finest

Best friends, or more?


(A/N: Double Update so go back to the last chapter if you haven't!)

"Jeon Jeongguk!" Jimin chases after Jeongguk as the latter rushes away behind Yoongi, who in turn is completely confused why Jeongguk is holding onto his jacket.

"Yah! Stop turning me around, I'm getting dizzy!" Yoongi yells, trying to grab Jeongguk's hand but is instead pushed to the floor as Jeongguk runs away.

"Yah, Jeon Jeongguk! What the hell!" He groans as he turns his face to the floor, finding an eye there instead of the wooden floor. Behind, Jeongguk is yelling, and something weird is squirming beneath him.

... Oh yeah.

He's on top of someone.

"Ah, hyung" He finally, finally takes a good look at the one beneath him. "I know you're not that heavy, but can you get up?"

Oh.

Oh.

It's Jimin, out of all people.

What good luck.

"Get a room!" Jeongguk sing-songs from a distance as Hoseok eyes the two, a pang going through his chest. No, he tells to himself. You're acting like an idiot.

"H-Hyung, it hurts" Jimin squrims below him, but Yoongi doesn't find it in himself to notice that he was almost breaking Jimin's wrist. "Okay, come on, get up! My hand hurts!"

He feels someone pulling him up. He literally smacks himself when he realizes how much he wanted them to stay like that. You're being an idiot.

It was only Jimin, who didn't know two people felt like a complete idiot around him. Maybe he did, but just perfectly hid that fact.

Hoseok eyes Yoongi for a really long minute before looking away to anywhere else but him or Jimin, because no, i cannot take it anymore.

"Okay come on guys! Time for lunch!" Namjoon distracts all of them as he pulls Seokjin from the couch and out the door.


Lunch is... a tense affair with Yoongi eyeing Jimin and feeling someone's glare fixed on him.

Oh yeah. Lunch is really nice.

"Okay, come on, what is the problem with you?" Seokjin bangs on the table, looking straight at Hoseok. "You're looking at Yoongi like you're gonna murder him"

Was I? Hoseok muses; since when did he get so... angry over just looking at him? He was cool all these days, he was fine with Yoongi all these days. "Uh, nothing" He goes back to sipping on his soup, but Seokjin keeps eyeing him that he finds it hard to act normal.

Just what was his problem?

Yoongi falling on top of Jimin by accident? No.

Them almost kissing each other? Yes.

He lets the spoon clink against the bowl and gets up, excusing himself and rushing to the washroom.

"Okay, come on, what got into you?" He asks himself, looking at his reflection in the mirror. "It was an accident, Hoseok. Neither of them meant it. You cannot get jealous over this"

He stumbles over his feet as realizing what escaped his mouth. Jealous?

That would explain everything. The bitter feeling at the back of his mouth, the whole time he had been angry over Yoongi, that pang in his chest that lasted longer than a heart attack would probably ever. Everything would be explained.

"You're acting really weird, you know that right?" Namjoon asks as Hoseok sits back, opting to focusing on his food rather than on Yoongi and Jimin. Hopefully that would clear his mind up.


Seokjin would always remind himself that Namjoon was just a best friend; nothing more, nothing less.

But he isn't just his best friend: he was one of the very few people who understood him, that actually knew him and how he would act in specific situations, that actually remembers every single moment of their friendship ever since he came to the Academy.

But whenever Namjoon leans in closer, he would feel his inside twist in a really strange, but a good way. A way that makes him feel content instead of uncomfortable.

"Let's play a game of Truth or Dare!" 

Oh no. Hell no.

He's never good with alcohol. But he nods anyway. He shouldn't be ruining their happy moods. It's okay to open up, if he has anything.

And so the game had started with a few of the drinks lying around, Jeongguk being substituted with a can of coke instead. ("But I want to drink like you all!" "You're underage, Jeon. Can't have you -hiccup- being drunk" "But--" "Jeon Jeongguk" "... Okay, fine; whatever. I hate you all").

The bottle spins, and spins, and spins until Seokjin cannot focus on it anymore. "Hyung, it's your turn!" Someone yells, but he isn't sure if it was him, because it was Jeongguk calling the one out. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth" Namjoon replies. So it's Namjoon's turn now.

"Do you like anyone in here?"

Seokjin hiccups, this time not because of the alcohol. He likes someone from them? Who is it? Is it Yoongi? Is it Hoseok? Is it... Taehyung? Seokjin's mind is filled with questions but no answers.

"I like all of you" Namjoon grins stupidly. "Each and every one of you"

"Wait, really?" Taehyung asks with wide eyes. "You don't hate me?"

"I did, but then... You're my -hiccup- brother, Tae. I should treat you like a brother more"

"Would you listen to me?" Jeongguk grits through his teeth. "I asked like someone, as in 'like'. If you want to date someone"

"Yeah"

Seokjin didn't really notice the answer, but it slowly dawned upon him.

"Who is it?"

"Isn't--" He squints, trying to get a clear view of... Seokjin? "Isn't it only one que--"

"Just answer me! Who do you like?" Jeongguk tugs at his shirt, too curious to know the answer. "Who is it?"

"No; I won't say that" Namjoon shakes his head, clearly drunk. Then he grins to himself. Then frowns again.

"What's the problem? No one is gonna beat you up"

"I'm not even sure if he sees me as more than a friend..." He twirls the empty beer can in his hand, a dreamy glaze filling his eyes.

"Just who is it anyway?" Jimin asks, settling beside Jeongguk on tugging at Namjoon's shirt. "Come on, I'm sure no one will even remember it--"

"Seokjin" He breathes out. "Kim damned Seokjin"

Now, Seokjin doesn't remember anything when he's drunk, but this? He'll remember it for a ing lifetime.

Everyone coo beside them, Taehyung starting to chant 'Confess, confess, Kim Namjoon!' like a fan and everyone joining them.

"Namjoon?" Seokjin asks, completely sobered up. "You... You said--"

"I'm not sure if it's right to say; but I do like you, Jin. More than the amount of stars in the sky"

"Ooh~" Seokjin smacks Hoseok before he could make another comment. "Romantic, I see"

"Namjoon..." Seokjin wants to cry. Should he tell him that he had been only using him, and that he never felt anything for him more than a friend?

"It's okay if you don't like me back, it's really okay." Namjoon brushes it off. He's drunk, or he wouldn't say any of this. The Namjoon he knows knows what to say, when to say and where to say. He won't blurt out things like this.

"I knew it!" Jeongguk exclaims. "Hyung, don't feel so disheartened! Jin hyung likes you too!"

What?

"I saw him covering you from the sun at the beach the other day! What else would it mean?"

Seokjin wants to beat some sense into the kid, tell him it was just a human thing to do, but he hesitates. He's too tired, anyway. "I-I'm going to sleep"

"Aw, come on! He just confessed to you, react in some way!"

He clambers away to his bed, blocking out the sounds for the rest of the long night. He is awake until everyone slip into bed, and finally turns away from the wall to his right. Two beds away, he finds Namjoon snoring, and smiles to himself.

Do I like him? He asks himself, but is sure he won't get an answer.


"Ah, my head..." Taehyung groans, curling beside Jimin who had an arm under his head. "It ing hurts" 

He squints at the silence, and finds everyone asleep and completely unaware. With the throbbing headache, he turned to his left, and notices something weird at the far corner. There was just... too much space. Shaking his head to clear the blur, he tries to focus more on the weirdness at the corner. As soon as he realizes, he smiles widely.

"Jiminie," He shakes Jimin awake, who in turn grumbles and pulls him down. 

"Cold, it's cold" He mutters, frowning. "And my head hurts"

"Look up, idiot!" He whisper-yells, and Jimin does as he said, ready to hit him back if it was anything unnecessary. 

Taehyung waits for his reaction, but he just looks at them and falls back on the bed, sleeping again until--

"Wait, is that Seokjin hyung and Namjoon hyung?"

Namjoon has his arm wrapped around the latter, almost embracing him while Seokjin had his leg over Namjoon's. They were just too close for friends.

"Wait... does that mean last night was actually true? Namjoon hyung likes Seokjin hyung?"

"What else does it seem like?" Taehyung points at them. "And Seokjin hyung likes him too!"

"How would you know that?" Jimin asks back, too tired to stay upright and watch them anymore. "I mean, he didn't say anything"

"Oh my god, I can't even imagine all the nerd jokes Namjoon hyung would tell him if they start dating each other!" Taehyung falls back beside Jimin, covering his face. "We need to teach him before he makes a fool out of himself"

"We should; they're both so hopeless" Jimin and Taehyung laugh together at the mere thought of the two even going out together. They were two opposite poles, but someone they had fit perfectly with each other.

"Wait... does that mean he doesn't hate me, too?"

"When did he ever hate you?" Jimin asks.

"Don't act like you don't know how he was when I first came here" He shoots back.

"That was because he was supposed to not like you, because you're not his... direct brother, you get me? He had to be hostile to you; or everyone would think he's insane for liking someone who he shouldn't"

"But why?"

Jimin sighs. "It's just how the world works, Tae. Now go back to sleep"

"So... he doesn't hate me anymore?"

"Yeah. Go to sleep and stop bothering me"


A/N: Christmas special~~~~ haha Merry (belated) Christmas and a Happy New Year!

(aka be ready for fiasco soon)