Just A Normal Day

Bangtan's Finest

Just a Normal Day


"The last year" Seokjin says as he marks the first day of his high-school year on the calendar beside his bed. Just one more year, and he'd be free from this place and can actually taste freedom. He wants to see how the world changed in three years, since he never got the chance to step out of the campus of Bangtan Academy. Or more like he didn't feel the need to. 
 
Kim Seokjin looked at the mirror once. Tightening the neck tie and perfecting it to be right in the middle, he grabbed his school-bag and walked downstairs where his parents were waiting for breakfast.

"Good morning, Father" He sat down solemnly, focusing on the clean, sparkling white plate before him.

"So, you start school today." Mr. Kim says as he spooned his breakfast down his throat. Seokjin nodded, gulping the lump back into his throat.

Truth be told, he didn't want to leave. This isn't what he wanted. He wanted to spend time with his family, not be sent to a private Boarding School just to excel in subjects and get exceptional marks.

"I expect you to have first-class marks as you graduate, son"

All Kim Seokjin can do is nod. "I'll do my best, Father"

"So, see you after three years, son"

"Hey, hyung" He perks up at raspy voice of his roommate, Min Yoongi. "What time is it anyway?"

"The first day of the last and final year" He says, drifting into the endless lane of thoughts.

" off," Yoongi says and gets up groggily, annoyed at the sun for no particular reason. Wait, he actually has a reason: because it harms his beautiful and peaceful sleep every single morning.

After Seokjin, Yoongi was the next to join him after as the fourth member; the first two being the Kim brothers (not really brothers). After them being the third and the fourth, three more joined, making them a group of seven.

"Yoongi, can you please keep those bad words down a notch? I'm already hiding the fact that you have a tattoo on your lower back" Seokjin sighed. "My ears feel like they're going to bleed with all your curses"

"Fine, fine; If you say" Yoongi shrugs. Truth is, he wants to have the tattoo-matter a secret between the two. He has lost count of how many things he had to buy for Seokjin to keep shut about it.


"Wake up, Tae" Namjoon groans, shaking the younger boy a bit hard before standing up, sleep as hell.

"Two more minutes, Mom" Taehyung groans, but snaps awake at the realization. It had been almost seven years since his Mother's demise-- and he still doesn't forget to tell this one sentence every morning, no matter where he is: home, or a hotel, or even worse a subway. Yes, the almost-heir Kim Taehyung had slept away at a subway once. He doesn't mind, though.

"Not your mom. It's time for classes" Namjoon says, looking at the other way.

Taehyung gets up silently, walking on his way to his wardrobe. He doesn't still understand why he has to room with his (half-)brother Kim Namjoon when the said person was despised so much by him. Anyone would be if someone's a taboo child and that kid is supposed to be your 'brother'. Even if they didn't talk to each other that much or even looked like they don't give two s about anyone, everyone knew the two were truly becoming brothers.

Dwelling on his own thoughts, Taehyung stands below the shower, the lukewarm water splashing on his skin.

First days are always long.


"Yeah yeah, Mom!" Jimin whines into his phone as he enters the campus. "Listen, I'm going inside the campus and I need to get ready for my classes. Sure, I won't skip breakfast, and I'll surely sleep on time! Bye bye, love you!" He greets the guards standing outside with a wide smile as he enters the A-Dorm building. Or more namely a place where he could never belong; at least not now.

"Jimin!" He turns around to see the owner of the familiar voice, a grin immediately finding it's way to his face.

"Taetae!" The two hug each other whilst Namjoon rolling his eyes and Seokjin stepping out of his room, yelling at Yoongi repeatedly to get his up.

"I missed you these two months!" Taehyung says as he pulls away.

"My cute dongsaengs!" Yet another person joins the hug: the ever-bubbly and happy Hoseok. "I missed you, my roommate!"

"Look at them! So cute!" Seokjin half-squeals as he slaps Namjoon's arm, unable to contain his overflowing feels at looking the three friends. "Be happy that at least your brother got good friends like this, unlike you... Wait you got me!"

"He isn't my brother; and he can never be" Namjoon shoots back and gets on his own way, just wanting to get away from this situation. He despised Kim Taehyung from the bottom of his heart. Yet why does it feel like I'm happy with him?

"Okay, break up everyone! Ruining a peaceful morning" Yoongi groans as he steps out of the room, the pajama pants half-way up his legs and hair messy as a nest.

"I missed you too, hyung!" Jimin comes and pulls the elder into a hug, making him a bit flustered. Well well who knew that the always-rude and cold Yoongi would be flustered too?

"M-Me too" Yoongi stammers and scurries inside, leaving Jimin to stand all alone. He lets out a small chuckle as he exits the building and walks to B-Dorm building, the place where all the lucky students stay.


"Late again, Jeon Jeongguk!" Mr. Han shouts at the ignorant boy standing outside the class, the girls inside squealing inwardly.

Who is he, you ask? Oh, he's just a hot guy at the wrong place.

He smirks inwardly as he apologises. "Sorry, Mr. Han. I reached my dormitory late today; couldn't be on time"

"The excuses you make up... Come inside" The teacher says ignorantly and lets the boy in. He goes to his usual place at the far corner and settles down, letting out a yawn. He was sure to sleep away for this class. Who is awake at History class, anyway?

He cannot wait to meet his friends. That is why as soon as the bell rings, he dashes out of the class to the cafeteria, finding their usual table. No one had arrived yet. He drums on the table impatiently, wanting to see them as soon as possible. As much as he was surrounded by his own friends back at home for these two months, he missed these six guys personally. They'll always be special to him.

"Our Golden Kookie has come! Finally, we're a whole again!" Hoseok's loud squeal turns everyone's attention towards them. Even if they did live different lives, they were one with their differences. You could say-- if to be corny-- that they complete each other.

"I missed you, Kookie!!" Jimin goes on his hugging spree as usual, not noticing two particular people lowkey glaring at him and being unnecessarily jealous.

"I missed you too Jiminie hyung!" Jeongguk says and hugs him tighter.

"Okay, hug's all over!" Hoseok and Yoongi yell together, and looked at each other, surprised at the timing.

"Someone's jealous~" Taehyung whispers beside Yoongi's ear who elbows him on the stomach. "Oww!"

"Serves you right, you poker"

"What?"

Yoongi shakes his head and sits down opposite to Jimin, sparing a deep glance at him before tearing away.

Taehyung and Namjoon eye each other for a split second before Namjoon pushes his can of drink towards him, without a word and careful enough to not have anyone notice it. He had saw Taehyung whining like a kid for not being able to get the last can of the particular drink. Realizing that he was the one to take the last can, he debated for a long time to whether give it to him or just not mind him at all, like how he usually does. I despise him... He assures himself, but not without a question at the end: do I?

The bell rings loudly in their ears after about ten minutes, forcing the seven to split up. "Let's meet at the basketball court today" Seokjin announces as they go to their respective classes.

As Namjoon grabs the leftover can, he sees something written over it.

Thanks --TH

And he smiles.


woot~~~~~ first chap is up! how is it? honestly i've been wanting to write something on the lines of 'a brother despising another but also loving him'. this plot maybe cliche but i wanted to write this. subtle hinting lollll

see y'all at the next chapter~~