Chapter 9

A Dragon Baby(Discontinued)

*Luhan's POV*

I left Baekhyun's room with a heavy heart, just knowing that his story with Chanyeol is happier than mine is with Sehun breaks me. We're not mates, far from it. I'm just his play toy that he can throw to the side whenever he wants. I accept it because well, I love him with all of my heart and I'll do anything to be by his side, if that means I have to feel the pain in my heart every time he throws me away then so be it. Love makes a fool of us and I'm the biggest idiot in the whole world. I've had people tell me to move on from Sehun and find real love in someone but I can't, my heart is tied to Sehun even if he doesn't want it. That's the sad truth.

As I was walking down the corridors to return to my own room, I couldn't help but think that everything that Sehun is doing is a little...messed up. He's torturing a pregnant man. The child could... No I don't even want to think about it.... The corridor was silent, eeriely silent. Normally you would be able to hear the servants slaving away with cleaning the kitchens and rooms or preparing food for tomorrow, but there was nothing. I wrapped my arms around myself as I walked closer towards my room, the fire torches on the wall lighting the corridor in even intervals. It was concerning to hear only the sounds of my feet as I walked, but I paused as I heard a second pair of feet following me. I turned around quickly, freezing in shock as I see Sehun there, his face expressionless.

"L-Lord Sehun....What brings you out in this hour?"

"Luhan....I need you to do something for me...Something very important..." 

His tone was far from the usual softer tone he used when speaking to me, and this raised my concern even more. But I couldn't deny him, so I could only nod as I moved closer to Sehun. 

"What do you wish of me, My Lord?"

"Use your gift and hypnotise the human...Make him my slave. We have a guest coming and I want to show him how weak humans are..."

"H-Hypnotise?....I haven't done that in centuries..."

"You WILL do this for me Luhan....lest you face a punishment worse than death."

I shook with fear as I saw his eyes turn darker, the same colour I saw over half a century ago when he fought Chanyeol and now I knew who that guest will be, and I knew nothing but violence will come from the actions of My Lord. Once again however....I can not deny him...despite the pain that it brings to me personally... I only gave a nod as I lowered my head, and then I ehard his foot steps receed and leave me alone in the corridor. I ran as fast as I could to my room, locked the door behind me and collapsed onto the bed, staring at the ceiling as tears pooled in my eyes. Baekhyun didn't deserve this... He's innocent... He doesn't deserve this....

Why does Sehun have to be so cruel?

*Chanyeol's POV*

My heart was beating loudly in my ears as I took every step closer towards Sehun's home. I couldn't waste a second, I don't know what Sehun could be doing to my Baek and if he has laid a finger on my precious baby... I will show no mercy. This will be the end of him, once and for all. I spared him once, I will not be so kind again. As I ran, Kyungsoo's words returned in an eerie echo, I didn't know he had loved me for all our time together. Though I never would of expected him to turn to someone like Sehun to do his dirt work and to get Baekhyun away from me so he can be selfish. That's not like Soo in anyway...He's normally kinder, gentler and less self centered... Sehun must of had some imput on this change...All the more reason to kill him...

I was half way to his lair, I knew the area I was in now. I paused for a moment and survayed my surroundings before I gave into the fatigue eating away at my body. I rested against a large tree, deeming the area safe for now as I stared in the direction that would be Sehun's lair. It wasn't too long to go. I was getting closer, though I knew I couldn't save Baekhyun sleep deprived and famished. I chuckled as I could hear Baekhyun's voice suddenly nagging me for not taking care of myself. I sighed as I got up once again and foraged around for some form of decent food, though there wasn't much, a few berries and edibile roots and mushrooms dotted about, but no proper food like birds or rabbits or meat in general. I ate what I could before sitting back by the tree and closing my eyes. Images of Baek coming forth in my mind and pulling me towards sleep.


Not much but I kind of got stuck...I'm getting there though!