Chapter 8

A Dragon Baby(Discontinued)

Hi everyone, sorry for no update for a while, I've been really ill for the past week. I'm still recovering but I'm well enough to write so don't worry! Anyway, here you are!


*Kyungsoo's POV*

I looked behind every now and then to make sure that Chanyeol was still there, I could see the fear and concern flashing through his eyes and something in my gut just burned painfully at the fact that it wasn't for me anymore, but for that bastard human. I don't know why he chose a mere human over someone of his own kind, someone who has been with him for all of his life. He chose Baekhyun over me! I won't have it...Once I had heard of Chanyeol mating with a human and them being...pregnant...I couldn't stand it. Baekhyun just...had to be taken care of. Now I don't regret my choice of going to Sehun for help...In fact I'm quite glad he had agreed to help. Chanyeol would have my head for what I'm doing but I don't care...Chanyeol, is and will be mine. 

"Soo...We're at the end of the woodland?"

"Hm? Oh...I know...We won't be going there for a long while now Channie"

"What do you mean?...Has Sehun moved locations?"

"...Not at all actually...He's still in the woodland...."

"Then why do you say we won't be going there? Baekhyun is still back there, I need to save him!"

I growled, Chanyeol and his ing human. Both were getting on my nerves and one wasnt even here, I stopped walking and turned around to face Chanyeol, picking my words carefully as I spoke to the obviously angry taller male. 

"Baekhyun won't last long in there, he's probably dead already. He's just a weak human and nothing compared to us dragons. Why don't you just give up on him already?...Even if you save him now....He'll die in child birth." I smirked as I saw Chanyeol falter his footsteps, his eyes were wide and contemplating. 

Hook. Line. Sinker. 

Park Chanyeol. You're mine. 

*Chanyeol's POV* 

Baek would....die in child birth?... Would it be that painful for him? He is small...and thin...Maybe it would kill him, and it would be my fault... I'd be the one that killed him because I was the one that got him pregnant in the first place. But, I can't accept just leaving him alone out there in the woodland with Sehun, he's my mate.

Then it clicked. Baekhyun is my mate. If he had died then our connection would be broken and well, I should be going through severe chest pains, heart break and other things that the tales had told of. So, if I'm fine now...there's a chance that Baek is alive. Somewhere back there and I need to save him...

I turned around and walked straight back into the woodland, heading right in the direction of Sehun's lair, though it being a long time sinc I last was there, I still remember the way clearly. I heard hurried footsteps behind me and suddenly a force pushed me from behind and knocked me down to the ground. Thin arms  were around my waist and I was being held down by a small body, I knew it was Kyungsoo. 

"Kyungsoo, get off of me. I need to get to Baek."

"Why?! What makes that human better than me? Im one of your kind, I could withstand the child birth. I can live longer and be with you forever, he can't. He'll die in childbirth and even if he survives he'll only live for another half century at most! He's weak, I'm not! I'm the ideal mate for you Chanyeol, why can't you see that?!" 

I struggled and got up from the ground with ease, pulling Kyungsoo off from aorund me and dropping him onto the ground, turning to look at him on his knees, tears falling and expression pitiful as he gripped onto my ankle. Though what he spoke of was true, though he would live longer, he doesn't give me that feeling that Baek does. That tingling feeling of joy whenever I hold his hand or look him in the eyes. He doesn't give me the burning need to protect him with every ounce of my being like Baekhyun does. But most of all, Kyungsoo doesn't show me the same amount of love as Baekhyun has done for me. Though our time has been significantly shorter than my time with Kyungsoo, I've never seen someone look at me the way Baekhyun does and I can't replace him for the most perfect dragon mate in the world. 

"Soo....You're my best friend, but there is nothing more to it than that. I want you to realise that Baekhyun in my one, even if he may not live as long as me or if our time has been cut shorter due to our child, I don't want to be with anyone else but him. I hope you will one day find someone who makes you feel the same as Baekhyun makes me feel...But now, I need to save him, so if you'll excuse me..." I smile to my friend before shaking his hand off of from around my ankle and return to heading over into the direction of Sehun's lair once again, thoughts of Baekhyun floating through my head and I could only pray to any and all gods above that he was alright and unharmed. 

Baek..I'm coming for you.

*Baekhyun's POV*

I was curled into a ball on my bed, clinging onto what warmth I could keep. The door opened again, but I didn't want to see who it was. I just kept to myself and tried to keep warm, that is until a blanket was placed over me, and it was a pretty thick blanket, I looked over my shoulder to see who had saved me from hypothermia, only to find a sad looking Luhan. I quickly sat up and looked around the room in a panic for any sign of that monster.

"Shh, relax, Lord Sehun is sleeping. I just came to...talk."

I looked to the chinese male caustiously, he was part of the duo that had tortured me earlier and was paired with my kidnapper, so I'm in my every right to not trust him completely.

"Talk?"

"Yeah...Talk...I'm bored and no one else wants to talk to me because they're all scared of me" I scoffed at that and wrapped the blanket around me tighter. 

"I wouldn't blame them...after what you did to me." 

"Yeah...I was just following orders, I never expected Lord Sehun to do that to you...It wasn't part of the agreement." Now this sparked my interest.

"Agreement? Agreement with who?" I saw Luhan tense at that but he quickly relaxed and raised his hands in a dismissive manner.

"I-It doesn't matter. Anyway...Can we just talk?"

"Sure...I guess...What do you want to talk about?"

"Can you tell me about your story with Chanyeol?"

I looked to Luhan in confusion, I wasn't too sure if I should tell him the full story about..us. He's already aware that we're mates and that I'm pregnant with his child. I didn't really want to say much anyway, it was just my life as a ruler of a kingdom and then I'm the mate of a dragon.

"Theres...nothing really to tell...He picked me out a group of offered people to be his mate and well, we mated and yeah...thats it" 

"Really? That's boring...."

"W-Well what was you expecting?!"

"Some crazy adventure or something..." I could only pout and hide myself in the blanket.

"Sorry I'm not that entertaining....My life currently is that of a prisoner...."

Luhan seemed to look to the groun at that and then he got up and headed to the door suddenly. I suddenly felt as though I had said something wrong but then Luhan looked over to me and gave me a small smile. This one was really different to the others I had seen before...this one was...sad...heart broken....lonely...

"At least...your story has a happy ending..." 

And with that he left me alone in my cell again. The door was closed and locked and I was in darkness again and all I could think about was Luhan and his leaving words. Now I really want to know Luhan's story... 


So, nothing really interesting here, but I felt the need to give you guys something...I hope you liked it? I hope.