September 31, 2013

Never The Same

"I'm so tired. I've never been this tired in my entire life. Even throughout my trainee years, I've never been this exhausted! Now that we've debuted, we've been busier than ever promoting, training, and of course just for me, school. Park Daesul is becoming a huge ing problem for me. I'm actually considering dropping choir just because of him, but I'm not sure what other class I would take up.

Every day, first period is the always the ing same. I'm constantly being threatened by Mr. Park. Whenever I make the most obscure mistake, I'm utterly upbraided and being embarrassed in the middle of the class. I just wish I could disappear and not have to show up to that class. But if I don't then I'll be counted absent for the entire day—and that would not be good. I wouldn't be able to attend any of the classes I actually enjoy because of that. I especially like my drawing class. That's the only good time of the day, besides the time I spend with Miso-noona.

I told her about my consideration of dropping choir, but she adamantly disagreed with me. She was continuously going on about how I was letting Daesul win. I wasn't sure what she meant by "win", but then I realized what was happening. School is just a ing game. It was his job to crush people's dreams and make them leave. The first step to winning the game is for him to make me drop out of class.

To further establish this idea, Daesul tried to trip me in the hallway several times today. He 'tried'; he didn't actually succeed in tripping me. But he did succeed in pushing me down the stairs before lunch. I really hurt my head and my back when I fell. I don't know what really happened, though. All I remember is Miso-noona helping me up. I apparently fell into her on my way down the stairs.

As the day progressed, I finally survived until my drawing class. My drawing class is the last period of the day and it's such a relief to just be able to sit and draw for the last period of school. We've been recently learning about positive and negative space and for the last week we've been practicing cross hatching.

Then, it was time for rehearsal. Today we would be practicing everything we've been working on: both singing and dancing—simultaneously. There would be more live performances coming up for BTS and I knew damn well I had to ace them. Ever since the debut, I've found it hard to find time to spend on myself. It's been a while since I've last written anything. But it is already paying off. We've already got a fanbase and some fans. We call them ARMY's. They're the first ARMY's ever! It's really exciting if you think about it.

There have been a lot of roadblocks stymying my path to get to where I am now. It's not just for me, it's for all of my hyungs too! Hobi-hyung was dancing in underground groups and so was RapMon-hyung—except he wasn't dancing he was rapping. God knows he's not a dancer. (To RapMon-hyung: Sorry, hyung, but it's true.) We all worked so hard—which is why I can't disappoint.

A band is only as good as the weakest link.

I don't want to be the weakest link, but I may be. I have to work extra hard during practice to reach my full potential. We started with 'No More Dream' after our stretches and warm-ups. I really like this song. RapMon-hyung wrote it. He's really good at writing our songs. I can really relate to this song too. I didn't have a dream until I heard G-Dragon sunbaenim's song when I was thirteen. That's when I began to compose and sing and when I auditioned for different companies. I was really lucky to get into BigHit Entertainment, even with my bad dancing.

But now I've perfected my ty dancing and put more emotion into it. With that hard work, I was given a dance solo for our song 'We Are Bulletproof Pt. 2'. I was really surprised when the choreographer and manager chose me to have a solo. J-Hope-hyung and Jimin-hyung also got solos before me. It's really nerve-racking having to perform a solo directly after them. They're both really good dancers; they're the best in Bangtan.

However, I had a ty practice. Everything was off for me. I felt like I had two left feet and I just couldn't sing right. I was always off pitch somehow. I could tell everyone was pissed. We had to stay late because of me. Suga-hyung told me to wake up after I continuously failed to catch the hat Jimin tosses to me in 'We Are Bulletproof Pt.2 '. I hate myself for that...

It's about 2 AM and I'm stupid enough to keep writing about my ty day when I have school tomorrow. Then I'll have to do it all over again. Why the hell does life have to be like this? I should get to sleep. I'll just sleep my problems away for now. I'm still waiting for a better day at school...," Jin read.

Jin closed the book and passed it to Rap Monster. He reluctantly took the book and then they began to analyze the entry as a group.

"I feel like I've heard the name Park Daesul before," J-Hope suddenly said. "Does Jungkook ever describe what this guy looks like?"
"From what we've read, no," Jimin replied.
"Where do you think you've heard of Daesul?" Rap Monster asked.
"There are probably thousands of 'Park Daesul's here, but I feel like I've met this guy when I was dancing underground...," J-Hope thought. "You could meet anyone down there: jerks, kiss-ups, masters and their slaves, strippers, gangs—literally anyone. He seems like the leader of a gang I encountered. They would sign up for huge tournaments and turn the referees. They would rig the show so they would win and get all of the money. They didn't show up much, but when they did, they were either there to get all the money or hunt someone down. I never encountered them one-on-one, but I did see them dance and they were good."

J-Hope finished telling his story and fell back in his seat. Anger grew in Jimin. Who is this "Park Daesul"? If I ever see this kid I'm going to ing kill him for all of the pain he caused Jungkook.

"Park Miso sounds like a nice girl," V thought out loud. "Is there any way we could call her? I bet we could understand a lot more about all of this if she were here."
"Well, there is," Rap Monster said as everyone looked at him. "I was just skimming over the next entry. At the bottom of the page is her number."
"Well, let's call her!" J-Hope exclaimed.

Rap Monster pulled out his phone and quickly dialed the number. He brought the phone up to his ear and waited for her to answer. Jimin began to impulsively tap his foot on the ground as Rap Monster continued to patiently wait for her to answer. All of the members began to tense up as Rap Monster lingered.

"Hello, this is Park Miso! I'm sorry for not answering, but leave a message and I'll call you as soon as possible! Thanks and bye!"

The recording machine proceeded after her recorded message with directions. Rap Monster sighed in defeat and waited so he could leave a message.

"Hi Park Miso, this is Kim Namjoon. It's about 11:30 AM right now. I'm one of Jeon Jungkook's friends. Sorry to bother you, but...um...I'm not sure if you're aware of the current situation, but Jungkook tried to kill himself earlier today...and he's in a coma...," Rap Monster paused and took a deep breath. "I was left some information and have discovered that you were one of his good friends at SOPA. He thinks very highly of you. But anyway, I was hoping you could give me some information on someone named 'Park Daesul' and just about Jungkook in general at school. My friends and I are quite puzzled as to why this all happened... My number is 283-8280; feel free to call whenever you can. Thanks..."

Rap Monster ended and fell back in his seat, brushing his hair back with his hands. It was difficult to explain everything in such a calm tone.

"I guess while we're waiting, maybe we could all read the next entry?" Jin suggested.
"Sounds good, hyung," Suga agreed.
"You have the book RapMon-hyung," V said. "Start whenever you want."
"Um...I'm not really up for reading an entry at the moment. J-Hope, you read if you want," Rap Monster said.
"Alright," J-Hope said.

Rap Monster gave J-Hope the ragged red journal and he flipped open to the next entry: October 13, 2013.