A True Friend

Never The Same

So there he sat waiting for his Americano. And there, at the other end of the restaurant, was a girl drinking her caramel macchiato. And in his hands was his phone receiving multiple messages that he couldn't respond to. And the girl on the other side of the restaurant reminded him of her.

9/1/16 1:58 PM

Why are you doing this?

Why did he tell you and not me?

Aren't you afraid of them?

Just wait until you tell them who you really are!

Why are you talking to me? Why now?

Is it because he's gone?

He's not gone yet.

I'm just wondering why he kept this from me.

I could've helped him!

Bull. You know damn well that you would've only made it worse.

How could I have been so blind?

Well, how could you, the closest person to him, have been so cold?

It's not my fault!

Do you think I ever wanted to be the cause of something like this?

Why?

Did he not trust me like I did him? Did he not trust me like he did you?

Did he think I was going to do it again?

He would've been dead already! You know what I did!

You caused it all! Just shut the up!

If he were here now, I'm sure he would be telling them how awful you were!

You're the biggest I've ever met.

I wish we had never dated...

You're just like Daesul. You know that?

And us dating—you know that was complete bull. I didn't have a choice, you boy!

Listen to yourself!

No matter what, you'll always be one of his gangsters! One of his pawns! Just a ing piece in his twisted game...

Shut up.

Don't you see?

We were both played by Daesul.

We both did this blindly.

You're just as cold as I am.

Over my dead body...

We both hold the same amount of blame.

We both spread the rumors hurting the two of them, you initially.

So tell me, what makes you think you're a true friend?

You're a ing heel.

Explain.

Now.

"You're such a ...," he muttered to himself before turning off his phone. "I wish we had never met."

He aggressively threw his phone onto the table before resting his head in his hands. Ugh!, he thought to himself, why did I do that? She's right. What are they going to say when I tell them? Should I even tell them at all? Ugh, but you know they're going to ask. my life...

"Isaac Young?" a voice rang in his ears.

He looked up and saw three other guys, a little older than him. He suddenly forced himself to sit up straighter and quickly greeted them. He ushered them to sit down as he began to prepare himself for the conversation. Knots grew tighter in his stomach as he examined them.

"How are you?" J-Hope asked.
"Um...I'm alright, I guess," Isaac replied.
"You're different than I expected," Jimin leaned forward. "Where are you from? Britain?"
"Yeah, London. Born and raised there, but came here to see if I could join the industry."
"Ah..."
"So you must be fluent in English," V said.

Isaac nodded and gave a short, simple reply. Silence fell between the four men as the Starbucks grew busier.

"Let's just cut to the chase," Isaac suddenly said. "I've only got a few hours left and I figured you guys would want to get as much information possible while I'm still here."
"Alright, whatever you want," Jimin said.

Isaac noticed Jimin's piercing glare. He could already tell that Jimin was suspicious of him.

"Ask away," Isaac ushered them.
"Who's Park Miso?" V asked. "Why did Jungkook fall in love with such a ?"

Isaac chuckled a little and then straightened his posture as he prepared to answer V.

"So, I'm assuming she called you or something?" Isaac shot them a charismatic glare.
"Uh...yeah," J-Hope answered. "Called and texted, actually. She's...um...I can't lie; she's a ."
"Yeah, there's quite a lot about her and I that I could tell you."
"What happened between you and Miso?" Jimin impulsively asked.

Jimin grew less alert and more interested. He leaned forward and Isaac began to answer.

"Miso wasn't always so...mean," Isaac started.
"Pft, that's one way to say it," Jimin mumbled.
"She was actually the complete opposite. She was a good listener, easy to talk to, smart, and wise, but she's becoming more like her father."
"Yeah, we...we read about that," V said.

Isaac took a sip of his coffee and nodded his head in understanding.

"Alright, so what happened between you and Miso?" J-Hope asked.
"I was her boyfriend; she was my girlfriend."

The three Bangtan Boys sat there in silence. It all began to make sense. Isaac and Miso were dating and Jungkook must have not known about them which let to Miso telling him that she didn't want to see him anymore. But there were still a few kinks in the story... However, the majority of it made sense.

"That makes a lot of sense now that I think about it...," Jimin said.
"But we didn't start dating until 2014. And Jungkook and I didn't become friends until late 2015. A lot of happened then," Isaac added.
"Alright, so Miso was taken and Jungkook couldn't date her because of you," V thought out loud. "That makes sense for this to happen."
"Oh please! You don't know yet!"

Isaac began to laugh at their lack of knowledge. J-Hope, Jimin, and V stared at him as his laughter died down and then Isaac continued to elaborate.

"Listen, I know a whole lot information that you guys don't. And you guys don't know anything! There's a hella lot of stuff I gotta tell you, but I'm going to have to give it to you guys in small pieces so you don't freak out," Isaac told them. "Now, going back to 2014... That year is when it all started: the drama, the fights, rumors, tension, everything! And it's not until 2015 when the consequences start showing up. Then 2016 gets interesting. It's just a slow painful downfall for him until this happened: suicide. I'm really surprised you guys didn't see all of this happening. You guys had 3 years to figure out! Your ignorance is amusing!"
"Yeah, yeah," J-Hope rolled his eyes, "what else should we know?"
"Why don't we start by you guys telling me what you know? Remember, I have to give this to you in small bits so you don't freak out and have a mental breakdown, understand?"

****

"What?" Jin shouted in fear. "Who is this person?"
"Apparently one of Daesul's henchmen!" Rap Monster gasped.
"How could we not know about this?"
"Well, how do we know we could trust her?" Suga asked. "You know how she is!"

The three boys stood gathered around Rap Monster's phone.

9/1/16 2:15

You shouldn't trust Isaac Young.

He's not who you think you are.

He's a good friend of Daesul.

If you pay attention to anything I tell you guys, please pay attention to this!

I'm sorry about my attitude before...

Just don't trust Isaac Young...

He ruined everything...

"Should we say something back to her?" Rap Monster asked his hyungs.

Jin thought carefully about this. Right now, no one seems trustworthy. If anything, they could only trust the journal Jungkook left for them.

"Trust her," Suga suddenly said. "Only this one time."
"Are you crazy?" Jin outburst. "Don't you remember what happened before?"
"Yes, but I think we should trust her now because she seems really sorry for whatever she did before."

Jin and Suga stared each other harshly as Rap Monster began to dial a number. He let out a sigh as Jin and Suga continued to fight.

"What's going on?" Rap Monster suddenly asked.
"I'm sorry...," she replied.
"About what?"
"Just please don't talk to Isaac!"
"Why should we trust you?"
"Namjoon-oppa, you don't have to trust me. You'll know when you see Isaac. He and Daesul were friends and they harassed Jungkook-ah every ing day."
"Miso, I—"

A small beeping noise came out from the they side and Rap Mobster quickly realized that she had hung up on him. He shook his head in despair. Jin and Suga were listening to the conversation the whole time.

"We—" Jin started.
"Listen," Rap Monster interrupted him, "whoever we listen to right now is not trustworthy! But it's obvious Jungkook has been with these people so we're going to have to talk to them. Even if they tell us a bunch of lies, they're some truth in those lies—even if it's the location of some event. We're already taking risks to find the truth by reading Jungkook's journal; we don't know if he's lied about some information in there. Although that's not likely, it could still happen. So we're just going to have to meet up with the others, go up to this guy, just put everything we've heard about him aside, and listen to him. Alright?"
"Yeah...you're right," Suga agreed.

So the three Bangtan Boys began to head toward the Starbucks. Jin carried the food. Suga carried the journal. And Rap Monster carried his phone.