January 7, 2014

Never The Same

"It's a new year. It's kind of crazy. It's been months since our debut. Time has gone by so fast! My brothers in the Army now and soon, we'll be releasing our album 'Skool Luv Affair'. I really hope the A.R.M.Ys like it! We're already discussing and preparing for our MV shooting for 'Boy in Luv'. It's a great song with guitar riffs and a rock kind of feel. And it's really relatable to what I'm going through now. Rap Monster wrote it, of course.

I've been talking to him a lot lately. I've been telling him about my brother and a little about Miso. I've never told him about Miso—I never mentioned her name to him. But I told him that one of my friends was being ignored by a girl he liked and that I wanted to help. He gave me some good advice.

My brother is in the army now. It's kind of strange to think about it. I'm constantly in fear of anything that could happen to him while he's there. If a world war started right now, a whole country could be decimated in a matter of minutes with the kind of nuclear technology we have now. What about world peace, s?

Anyway, I'm excited to go film our new MV, though. The album release will be sometime in February which is coming up really fast! I think in a month or so it will be out for our A.R.M.Ys to listen to.

Park Miso-noona is an A.R.M.Y, now that I remember. I'm really upset that she doesn't talk to me anymore. I'm starting to run into her often, but she doesn't say anything. I've said to her, 'Good morning, noona' and 'Hi, noona' a few times and all she did was barely spare a glance—not even a smile. Then the rest of the girls would scream and fangirl. I've noticed because of the A.R.M.Ys at school that Miso hasn't had it easy. I was at my locker the other day during lunch and it's near one of the art studios. (One reason why I love my locker location.) Miso was in there—I saw her walk in with her friends. One of them asked her why she didn't like me. Silence filled everything.

'We know you liked him to some extent,' Jihye said.
'Yeah! Didn't you hang out with him earlier this year?' Siyeon asked.
'Well...,' Miso murmured.
'Were you guys dating?' Siyeon asked.
'No! It wasn't like that at all!' 
'Oh! God, calm down, unnie! Everyone's just a little confused as to why you don't even say 'hi' to him. I mean, he's a debuted singer with tons of fans and he says 'hello' to you and only you! I mean, give him a little respect.'
'Are you defending him?'
'Don't get me wrong, Miso-unnie, but you're being a little rude to him.'
'Listen, this is none of your business. This is something personal.'

I was so absorbed in their conversation that I froze in place. Miso-noona wasn't being rude. Her father hates me so she HAD to stop seeing me. I don't blame her for any of this. Her friends are still giving her a rough time so I partially blame them for everything that's happened.

'Jungkook!' someone shouted.

I turned my head in the other direction and saw Mr. Park heading towards me. Oh ...

'Yes?' I replied.
'What are you doing in this hallway? Do you have a free period? Don't you know that you're not supposed to be here unless you do?'
'Sir, I understand all of that and I have lunch right now.'
'You, a first year student, have lunch now? No first-years have lunch fifth period!'
'No, sir, I—'
'Detention, today!'
'But, sir, it's on my schedule that I have fifth period—'
'Detention, today and tomorrow!'
'Mr. Park!'
'Detention, the rest of the week!'

Then he just walked away like what he did was completely okay! Are you ing kidding me? I have afternoon practice the rest of the week for the MV! My hyungs are going to kill me! It's written on my schedule that I have fifth period lunch! I know other first years with fifth period lunch! Hell, his daughter has it with me! Aigoo...I hate everything...

So I went to detention and then to practice. That . We had to stay up until 2 AM because of my detention! The hyungs hated it so much. Rap Monster and Bang-nim both decided on Wednesday that we should just cancel practices and put them off until the weekend when I didn't have detention or school. The hyungs liked that idea better. Everything after that grew better with my hyungs and I after that practice. We weren't getting much work done anyway with how unmotivated and uncoordinated everyone was. Plus, we ran into other problems with the speakers and lights. I'm not going into that. Great way to kick off the new year, though, right? Hell no. And that was just the first week.

It gets even worse.

Yesterday, I was heading out to the courtyard to draw during my free period. But I stopped at the window looking outside. I saw Miso-noona with some guy. Then I remembered who he was. Second semester came earlier and the school was accepting international students to join for the new semester. I think that guy is British or something. He's in my drawing class. I've never really talked to him. I think his name is Issac or something. Damn. I hate admitting this, but they look cute together.

I just stood there still at the window; just a ghostly figure separated by a wall and glass from Park Miso. I didn't know what to do. I just watched them cuddle and hug under the tree Miso-noona and I used to sit under together. She looked so much happier with him. But, I guess if that makes her feel good, then I'll just let them be.

It gets worse.

Chorus today. Park Daesul. Issac Young. Apparently, Issac is part of Daesul's entourage! Kill me now. Is this Issac guy a new enemy or friend? I can't tell. He seems nice but be hangs out with a loud-mouth jerk and a beautiful heartbreaker.

Someone, please kill me now. What has my life turned into?" Rap Monster read.

Immediately after finishing reading, Rap Monster closed the book and took a deep breath.

"I have a confession to make," Rap Monster started.
"What?" Jin immediately snapped. "What have you been hiding from us?"
"It's not really a confession, but I guess now would be a better time than ever to tell you guys."
"What is it?" V asked.
"Jungkook has asked me some things that he may have not told you all."

His band mates stared at him in incredulity.

"What kind of things?" V asked.
"Like...it wasn't anything related to Miso. They were things about music. And I didn't find out why he was asking me all of those things until a year ago or so."
"Go on...," Jin ushered Rap Monster.
"I don't know why you're all acting so serious; it's not that big of a deal. It's just...he's been writing his own songs."
"We all write our own songs," Jimin said. "How is this different?"
"How many songs has he showed you all?"
"Ten?" V guessed.
"I probably should've brought this up earlier, but I have another journal filled with songs he wrote before he became part of Bangtan. I wasn't supposed to have it, but I just took it anyway. I meant to return it to him, but never got the chance."
"Well, where is it?" Suga asked. "Is it in your room?"
"Yeah, it should be."
"What kind of songs were there?" J-Hope suddenly asked.

Everyone froze. Isaac even grew fearful to move the slightest bit. The tension and pressure of the whole situation was quite evident.

"What kind of songs were there?" Rap Monster repeated in slight confusion.
"Yeah," J-Hope nodded. "Like, what were some of the lyrics?"
"Um...well, they were actually really mature for a teenager, if he even was one at the time he composed the music."
"Tell us," Jin said.
"Some of the songs were kind of depressing. Well, from the ones I could interpret—"
"Wait, does that mean there were even songs you couldn't figure out?"

Rap Monster nodded his head in defeat. Defeated by an almost-teenager. Even he, a genius with an IQ of 148, couldn't decipher the rudimentary work of their maknae. It was supposedly too cryptic. Maybe he was just over-complicating it...

"Show us," Jin said. "Go back to the dorm and get it for us so we can look through it. I'm sure as a group we could figure it out."
"Alright, but it's really strange," Rap Monster reluctantly agreed.
"As for us, we'll just go ahead and keep reading the journal."
"Okay, sounds good."

Rap Monster hesitantly stood up and began to make his way out of the Starbucks. He gave the journal to Jin and then left to find Jungkook's music journal.