Park Daesul

Never The Same

"Let's call Daesul," Suga finally said.

Everyone was shaken by Suga's voice. The room had been dead silent ever since Bang-nim left. They all needed time to think and cope alone.

"Why?" Jimin asked, thinking about how mean Daesul was depicted by Jungkook.
"Don't question me!" Suga outburst. "I want to know who has been hurting Jungkook, don't you? We'll never figure this out unless we get in touch with that son of a  Daesul!"

Jin rushed over to Jimin and stared harshly at Suga.

"Shut up, Suga!" Jin yelled back. "There's no need to shout at Jimin like that. He didn't do anything wrong."

Suga fell back in his chair and looked at Namjoon, who was silent, but alert. He pulled out his phone and began to dial Daesul's number. This should be interesting..., Namjoon thought as he put it on speakerphone. Then they waited as it rang.

"Hello?" he finally answered.
"Hi," Namjoon said. "Are you Park Daesul?"
"Yes. Who is this?"
"I'm Kim Namjoon, the leader of BTS. I go by the stage name Rap Monster."
". I know why you're calling."

Rap Monster was stunned by the latter's words. He looked straight up at Suga for some help.

"Listen, we just want to ask you something," Suga took over, "so you better shut up, listen, and answer!"
"And if I don't?"
"We'll ing track you down an—"
"Forget him," Jin interrupted. "He's a little riled up over everything that's happened. We just want to ask you, is it true? Did you bully Jungkook?"

There was no sound coming from the other line. Even the sound of breathing stopped.

"Well?" Jin asked. "Is it true? Yes or no?"
"I don't know who you're talking about," Daesul replied.
"Of course you do!"
"No I don't! This is ing bull!"
"Shut up! We know it's true. You had an affair with Miso, Park Miso, and you went to SOPA. You were in advanced men's choir with Jungkook and you and your father bullied him. Just, we want to know if it was true or not."

Jin could hear Daesul's breathing hitch as the latter struggled to answer honestly.

"Stop bullting me—!" he shouted back.
"We're not bullting you!" Jin cursed. "Yes or no, Daesul?"

V looked at Jin with a worried look. Jin never gets this flustered, even when they were screwing around in the dorm and messing everything up. And today, Jin cursed several times which is extremely unusual. V could see very clearly that Bangtan was falling apart.

"Yes," Daesul answered in an audacious tone. "But I have a good ing reason."
"Oh really?" Jin said in a sassy way. "And what would that be?"
"Your goddamn precious Golden Maknae is a total ! He never says hello to anyone! He's so full of himself. He never deserved Miso. He ing deserves to die and burn in hell. He hurts everyone! He's a—"
"Shut up!" Jin roared with tears flowing down his face. "Shut up!"

All of Jin's dongsaengs flew back in their seats, each stunned by Jin's explosive outburst. No one dared to go up and calm him down.

"Listen, you son of a ," Jin spoke to Daesul, struggling to stay calm and to keep the tears from falling. "Jungkook is one of the nicest, most caring people I've ever met in this entire world. And you are not going to tell me that he is a ing demon and that he should die. You don't know him like I do! He's mischievous at times, but no matter how troublesome and annoying he is, he is still millions of times a better person than you! And just because he doesn't talk much doesn't mean he's stuck up like you! He's simply a shy person and doesn't like all the attention the girls give him at school. You're just hating on him because you used to grab everyone's attention on the first day, but now he gets it all. And that makes you insecure! So, you go out and shout out all these bull things and turn everyone against him to make you feel better—"
"I—"
"Right? Aren't I right?"
"Listen, you want to know what I—?"
"You know what? Save it! I'd rather text Miso in silence than talk to you."
"F—"

And on that note, Jin hung up and lightly threw the phone at Namjoon. He realized what he just yelled and for some reason, he felt awful about it. But, Daesul definitely deserved it. Jin's hands rushed to his head and into his hair. He fell back in his chair and continued to sob.

"Jin-hyung...," Jimin softly muttered, "I thought what you did was great."
"No," Jin breathed. "No it wasn't. I was so out of line."
"But if you didn't do anything, we would've been here listening to him go on about Jungkook," Namjoon said. "We would've just been listening to him trash our maknae."

Jin wiped a tear running down his cheek and forced a smile as he looked at Namjoon.

"Thanks guys," Jin murmured, "but, I think I need some time alone for a little bit."
"Of course," J-Hope said.

Taking one last glance at Jungkook, all surrounded by machines, Jin left and disappeared behind the door. Barely anyone was in the hallway outside the room. The media and paparazzi must've left with Bang-nim. Dragging his feet across the slick hospital floors, Jin passed a multitude of nurses and patients until he reached the door leading out to the balcony. He leaned against the railing and glanced down at the motionless sea of cars beneath him. 

Jin's arms both hung over the edge, slightly tugging on the rest of his upper body to follow. His feet kept him grounded as he was pulled into a long train of thoughts.

He questioned himself. He put himself under a microscope and picked at everything he could've done something about. Usually, Jin could catch anyone who was feeling down or who was doing something wrong. J-Hope would cheer them up and Namjoon and sometimes even Suga would guide them in the right direction. Rarely did J-Hope and Namjoon ever need help. Jin and Suga would always be there for their dongsaengs.

But the fact that the six of them all overlooked their maknae was shocking. Someone had to notice—well, Suga did—he just didn't tell Jin. Everything was spinning out of control. It started slowly, but then it happened all at once. And once it started, it was hard to get a hold on a reality. Everyone was getting mad at each other for this "accident". Jin couldn't help but think this was all his fault.

Jin was beginning to feel this overwhelming urge to toss himself over the railing. Is this what Jungkook feels like?, Jin pondered. If it was, he understood why Jungkook couldn't really ask for help. It was this almost indescribable feeling that only a few ambiguous words could kind of illustrate. But even with those few words, it gave people the wrong idea. Jin couldn't figure out how to ask for help, but he just wanted it to stop. And the only way out would be what Jungkook thought was the only escape—permanent self-elimination.

Jin could feel his heels slowly lifting up over the edge of the railing.

"Jin-hyung," a rough voice called.

He spun around and his eyes met with Suga's. Out of everyone in that room, Suga was the last person he wanted to talk to.

"What were you doing?" Suga asked worriedly.
"N-nothing," Jin stuttered.
"Don't ing lie! Hyung, we—"

Jin stood with his body pressed against the railing and his hands gripping the metal tightly. Suga was rendered speechless by his built-up emotions.

"Jin-hyung...we...," Suga paused. "No, I need you. I need you to stay—"
"Suga, I would never—"
"Save it. Don't deny it. I know what you were going to do. Hyung, I'm so sorry for what I hid from you. I really wish I could make things better with you. And...I can't go on without you."

Suga approached Jin and stood in front of him, just close enough to see his eyes clearly.

"If Jungkook doesn't make it out, I don't want to go on without you or anyone else. We have to make it out together."
"I understand. And, I want to forgive you."

Suga nodded and walked next to Jin, their backs against the railing, but the idea of jumping still lingering.

"Suga, I just got a taste of what Jungkook was going through," Jin said. "I don't know how to really talk about it, but, I just felt so inadequate and useless. I felt like I regret everything I do and...maybe even just living. I hate it so much."
"I'm sure I felt the same thing," Suga admitted. "I'm sure everyone is feeling it. And, I think everything thinks this is their fault. I mean, you saw the face Bang-nim had when he found out. We're all blaming ourselves. I think this is why there are cluster suicides."
"This is awful..."

Jin and Suga stood shoulder to shoulder staring inside the hospital. People ran around like they were being chased by Death and people were balling their eyes out. It can be such a sad place.

"난 숨쉬고 싶어 이 밤이 싫어 (I want to breath, I hate this night)
이젠 깨고 싶어 꿈속이 싫어 (I want to wake up, I hate this dream)
내 안에 갇혀서 난 죽어있어 (I'm trapped inside of myself and I'm dead)
," Jin quietly sang Jimin's solo.

Suga immediately recognized the tune, Save Me, and decided to try and softly sing Jungkook's solo.

"왜 이리 깜깜한 건지 니가 없는 이 곳은 (Why is it so dark where you're not here)
위험하잖아 망가진 내 모습 (It's dangerous how wrecked I am)
구해줘 날 나도 날 잡을 수 없어, 수 없어 (Save me because I can't get a grip on myself)
."

A/N:

I'm going to try and get on a more regular schedule with updating, but because orchestra, competitive golf, AND school just started, I'm still unsure of what kind of schedule that would be. I'm thinking maybe every other Saturday.

I've been working a lot on other BTS fanfics to test my writing skills. (So-called "skills" include writing boyxboy stories...) So on that note, what are your favorite BTS ships? (i.e. Namjin, Yoonmin, Vkook, etc.)

So hopefully, this book will be updated by September 10th or sooner. Thanks again for all the reads, upvotes, and comments! 사랑해요~!