Day 8 (1/2)

Voice Mails || Woozi

Jihoon

00:34

I hurriedly grabbed my jacket as soon as I answered that call. I wasn't supposed to get controlled over by my emotions but in the end I couldn't resist it.

I walked out of the house like it was a normal thing for me to do in this ungodly hour. Well it used to be a normal thing, I mean I had a girlfriend to babysit when she was scared and that meant every night.

But don't get me wrong I enjoyed every single night I spent with her. She was crazy and I was crazy for her. I sound like a lovesick puppy but either-way I found my self smiling cheekily on the way to her house.

Her house was far from mine, if I walked it would take me about 10 minutes to get there. If I took my car, it would only take 4 minutes but taking my car out in 3:00AM isn't that good of an idea. If my mom would find out my night serendipities then that would mean, me grounded without my car keys for a whole month.

"Yah! Jihoon." I turned my head around to find the source of the voice. I found a blue-haired guy running towards my direction.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm going to Younghee's." I answered back while continuing my walk while he walked beside me.

"Really?! Are you finally getting back together?!"

He asked almost too excited which caused him to trip over a big stone which for me would be a stupid thing to trip over. It was a large stone, how can anyone not see that?

I laughed and not even answering  his question but instead I asked him another one.

"Why are you out in this hour, Soonyoung?"

"Well, you see, I was at ... uhm you know never mind, my house is this way. Bye and good luck with Younghee!" He immediately ran after he shouted those words.

I shook my head and smiled at my silly bestfriend. He really shouldn't keep it a secret, it's not like the squad didn't know what he was doing.

Anyway, I finally arrived at Younghee's house but instead of heading to the front door, I headed to the side of the house.

It was where I hid the ladder that I brought from house (which dad didn't even know but if he knew I'd be dead) for me to reach her balcony.

I found her sitting on the floor beside her bed. She looked scared when I entered through her window. I laughed at her and she smiled at me.

I sat next to her with the silence enveloping our surroundings. This was harder than I thought.

"I thought you were drinking?" I managed to croak out.

"I w-was but I somehow woke up from the drunk state I was in." She stared at her sleeping cat on the other side of the room, obviously avoiding me.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"For what? It's okay to have a walk outside, the night's still young and me going over at this hour is good for my health. I mean I hardly ever walk." I mumbled.

"I didn't even let you explain. I just ended it like we were nothing." She continued to stare, not even bothering to look my way.

Oh she's talking about that night.

"It's okay. A week has passed, we should just forget about that." I smiled at her and I could almost see her eyes shift.

I ruffled her hair which caused her body to freeze. I removed my hand and her body relaxed.

"Sorry. A habit, I guess." I sheepishly scratched the back of my head.

She inhaled a good amount of air and then she looked at me.

"I'm sorry, Jihoon. Can you still forgive me?" She asked, a tear escaping her lovely eyes. Like reflex, I immediately wipe that tear off with my hands.

"Younghee, let's forget each other." I said.