Day 4

Voice Mails || Woozi

"Please leave a message."

- beep -
10:03

Good afternoon, Jihoon. I'm sorry I forgot to greet you a good morning because I slept quite late last night. I was going to call you on the way to school but my phone was dead since I forgot to charge it.

Now that I have recharged it in the janitor's room, I'd get to tell you something exciting that happened to me today. I was going to ignore what happened but it's just too good to be ignored.

I frantically woke up at 6:30 AM and classes start at 7:00 AM. It would take me 20 minutes to ride the bus but only 10 minutes to run. So I decided to take the bus. I wasn't going to waste my efforts on running.

So I was already late for our Chemistry class. When I saw you too, just in front of me, running towards our classroom. What a coincidence right?

The teacher scolded us outside the class and even our classmates gave us suspicious stares. It wasn't like we both planned to arrive late but it just happened, I guess. But nevertheless, it made me smile.

So me smiling while our teacher was giving us life advices wasn't quite a good combination to begin with. So instead of letting us attend the class, he didn't let us.

I looked at you, scanning your face because one, it was unlike of you to be late in class, two, it would be bad for your image if you'd be punished at school.

But instead of having that stern look on that face of yours, I could see the smile trying to get out of your mouth. I smiled at your stubbornness.

This was the first time I'd been close to you since we broke up but goddamn right then and there I wanted to kiss you. Sorry. Mind my words.

So in the end, we both stayed outside the halls, just the two of us. Even if you stared away from my direction, it still gave me the chance to ogle at your perfection. Even if I only had this chance because it was part of a punishment, I was still happy. Very happy, if you ask me.

I can't wait for detention later. What am I even saying? I wasn't like this when I got punishments.

Well if being punished is the only chance I'd get just to be with you then I'd be the number one in detention.

See you later Jihoon.

- beep -
 

- beep -
21:34

Good Evening Jihoon. I can't sleep without telling you what were my thoughts for today. So here I am talking and leaving you voicemails for the day.

First of all, thank you.

Thank you for waiting after classes so we could go to detention together. Even if you asked Mingyu to tell me that you were waiting for me, I still smiled at you. You were still the Jihoon I fell in love with. A gentleman, maybe too stubborn, but a gentleman nevertheless.

Thank you for taking my things off of my hands without permission. I was struggling with all the papers that the teacher told me to bring, that I didn't even notice you taking my bag away. My heart fluttered when your hands touched my skin. That's when I noticed how much I missed your presence.

You walked away just as I was about to tell you that you didn't have to take some of my load. I smiled at your back. Even if it was just out of pity, that you helped me, it just made my insides go crazy.

Thank you for taking me home when I noticed that it was already dark outside. I was going to call my dad but you just had to take my bag again and walk away. I smiled while running to catch up with you in the direction towards my house.

We didn't talk that much which was a regret but you spoke to me. That beautiful voice, which I thought I wasn't going to hear for awhile, came out from your mouth. Different words and not just "please leave a message."

You asked me why was I smiling when our teacher scolded us. And I answered in the most honest way that I can. Because of you.

You nodded, which I knew was a part of your stubborn acts. I smiled widely then you looked at me like I was crazy. I asked you why were you late and you replied me with a shrug.

"I was waiting for your voicemail."

After saying those sweet sweet words, you gave me my bag and walked away hurriedly. While I stood there dazed, I saw your silhouette disappear into the night.

Good Night Jihoon. See you tomorrow. :)