Day 23 (2/4)

Voice Mails || Woozi

After the voicemail that I left for Jihoon, I gathered my stuff and put them at the back of the car.

It was already past midnight when I started packing up the personal stuff I had hidden under my bed which I needed during my stay in China.

I tried finding the brown envelope which held the letter of acceptance in the early internship held by the China Broadcasting Station. But sadly I couldn't. Maybe I left it at school.

I was busy packing up the notebooks I had when I was younger when I fumbled upon my old diary and something dropped out of it.

It was a picture of Jihoon and me at a photo booth.

Jihoon's arm was on my shoulders while he smiled gleefully. I was hugging his waist and  was looking at his face like a lovesick puppy.

I recognized his sloppy writing at the back of the photo. He wrote, "130525 ❤️". I remember, this was the day Jihoon asked me to be his girlfriend.

"Hey, Younghee can you uhm- do you mind going to the amusement park after class? Uhm if you're not busy. But if you are then we can go next time . I mean we have no homework but if you have something then I'm good but if you're not busy, we can go now, I mean not now maybe la-..." He rambled.

"Yeah, I'd love to." I cut him some slack and managed to talk calmly but internally I was screaming.

We walked on the way to the amusement park since it was only two blocks away from school. It was awkward actually.

Our hands kept on colliding but Jihoon won't take the initiative to hold my hand. I grew frustrated and grabbed his hand as I dragged him to the line.

I saw him blush by the sudden skin ship and I myself smiled at how cute he was.

I was supposed to go buy myself a corn dog but Jihoon protested.

"Yah! You shouldn't eat before riding a roller coaster." He said in a motherly tone.

"Who said we're riding that?" I stated. I felt the hair on my neck stand as I pointed on the ride. It looked really scary even from afar, how much more riding it?

"We're never riding that. We should go to the carousel." I suggested still waiting for my corn dog.

"Oh no darling. We ARE riding that." He said so sweetly that I couldn't even protest from him, dragging me to the ride to hell.

Scared wasn't the only thing I felt while waiting in line. Horrified. Nervous. Flustered even, because Jihoon kept on giving massages to my hand and that alone caused butterflies to erupt inside my stomach.

The wait was much better than being seated and strapped onto this metallic ride. Jihoon kept laughing at my face and I was too frail at the moment to even scold him. I was terrified.

I screamed loudly when the ride started moving.

"Yah! It hasn't even started." Jihoon laughed while handing me his arm.

"Here, latch on me babe." He smiled sheepishly.

My eyes turned big as I heard him say that word. What's wrong with this guy? He keeps calling me weird nicknames. Did he eat Vernon's Ramen?

I wasn't prepared when I felt the ride stop and then go down the rail. I screamed my head off and I felt the skin on my face peeling off from the rush. I closed my eyes while pinching the arm of a laughing Jihoon who unlike me was apparently having fun.

The ride was taking too long and I think I heard Jihoon swear at how his arm is hurting. I couldn't care any less and continued to close my eyes.

I almost screamed in ecstasy as I felt the ride stop. I opened my eyes only to close them again.

"Yah! Open your eyes Younghee."

"I will... ONLY IF WE AREN'T FREAKING UPSIDE DOWN LEE JIHOON!"

I heard him laugh.

"You won't regret it. Trust me." I felt him touch my hand and hold it.

Fine, this better be worth it.

I opened my eyes to a blushing guy with a ring at the tip of his fingers. I swear, all of the fear left me as I saw the boy I loved staring at me like he loved me back. His eyes were watery and his hair was dangling because of the position we were in.

"Shin Younghee. I know you've been waiting for me for a very long time. I'm sorry if it took a year for me to finally gather up the courage to confess to you."

"I have loved you since the very first time I saw you. How your hair swayed every time you apologized to the teacher because you were always late. How your nose crinkled every time you laughed. How you're so confident when it came to speaking. I loved everything about you and I want those things to be my everything. I want YOU to be my everything."

By this time, I forgot how to breathe.

"Shin Younghee. Will you be my girl?"

I was shocked. The boy I've been hopelessly crushing on was confessing to me. The boy that I've been watching and fan girling from afar was in to me.

I heard a BGM play, it was Rain's I Do. (This is my fave SoonHoon OST. They're my OTP)

"Say Yes!" I heard somebody yell from the mic that's supposed to be for the controller. I looked at the booth and there I saw Kwon Soonyoung dancing to the song as he held a mic.

"Soonyoung shut up!" I heard Jina yell from below. She was with the others. I wondered how they managed to do this but thankfully no one has noticed they're trainees.

"Just answer already. We're all getting sick." I heard somebody yell from behind me. I looked down and immediately thought of a good way to reply because we were up so high.

I smiled at him and caressed his cheek with my clammy hands.

"Even if you're laugh is weird, I loved it. Even if you're height is cute, I loved it. Even if you're a devil inside, I loved you."

"I will, Lee Jihoon. I'd love to be your girl."

As I said that, the ride immediately continued but this time it was different.

Because this time, Lee Jihoon is my boyfriend.

-

This chap is just a filler :)

Bye ~

모나