Waiting

Objects In The Mirror Seem Closer Than They Appear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun sat across from Kai at the breakfast table.

It was 1:00 PM, and the tear-stained boy looked down, while Baekhyun observed him.

"You're not okay, are you," Baekhyun said. It was more like a statement than a question.

Kai nodded anyways. He forced himself to look up at Baekhyun. "Y-yeah, I'm not okay."

Baekhyun's eyes softened, and he slowly nodded in agreement.

A few seconds passed by as the pair sat in silence, but Baekhyun finally spoke.

"I didn't mean to intrude, but after what happened, I thought I would just drop by." He looked at Kai and kept going.

"I found you in the bathroom and you were touching the mirror. I-I was going to interrupt you, but something wasn't right."

"You suddenly smiled at the mirror, and then your eyes flicked around, as if you were reading something. The next thing I know you're crying and it kinda got worse from there. So, yeah."

Kai slowly looked up at Baekhyun, he seemed confused.

"I-I was smiling at Kyungsoo."

Baekhyun's eyebrows furrowed, but he managed to hide a small gasp from Kai.

"What do you mean by that, Kai?"

"I know this sounds crazy, but I know you saw him to; the boy, the boy on the other side."

Baekhyun was about to speak, but Kai cut him off.

"His name is K-Kyungsoo, and, and I killed him."

Baekhyun's tone became soft, but just barely strained.

"I'm sorry Kai, but I didn't see him."

Baekhyun reached out to touch Kai's arm, but Kai slapped him away.

"W-what do you mean? You at least had to see what he wrote on the mirror," he said incredulously.

"I only saw what you wrote Kai. I think you need to rest."

Baekhyun got up quickly before Kai could say anything and grabbed his shoulders.

The weak boy willingly walked over to the bed and got in.

Baekhyun sat in the edge of the bed and watched over him. Every now and then Kai's eyes would flick towards the bathroom mirror, and then he would shut them tightly.

Baekhyun looked back, but he couldn't see anything there.

A few tears were making their way down Kai's face, although his eyes were closed.

Baekhyun brushed them off gently, and waited.

...

Baekhyun was about to leave, when he thought Kai was asleep, but soft words stopped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter