Failed Execution

Objects In The Mirror Seem Closer Than They Appear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai dashed out of the room, heart thumping. 

 

He barely heard the elevator lady talking to him as he waited for the 10 excrutiating seconds to pass so he could dash out of the lobby. 

 

The elevator dinged and opened with the elevator lady indignantly calling after him. 


Kai was approaching the doors of the lobby when a big, blocky lobby man walked into his path. 

 

His confusion grew as the man wouldn't move out of his path. 

 

 

He tried to run around the man, when a muscular arm, slammed into his stomach. The impact threw him back, onto the floor. 

 

Kai nearly vomited right there, but two hands clamping onto his arms, stole away the pain in his stomach. 

 

The man was dragging him to an employee only door, when Kai managed to wrench his arms out of the man's grip. 

 

He could feel the blood flow back to the rest of his arms, along with the euphoria of adrenaline.

 

He scrambled to his feet and managed to fly out the door, before the guy could grab his shirt. 

 

The man stopped before the glass door of the lobby, but he whipped out a walkie-talkie and began talking quickly with his eyes trailing the boy running away. 

 

 

On the other hand, Kai was running madly down the street, pushing a few pedestrians out of the way. 

 

He stopped after he was a few blocks away; his heart burning like crazy.

 

The adrenaline in his blood, managed to keep his legs going for so long, but he had to keep moving. 

 

Kai frantically hailed down a taxi and nearly screamed the address at the driver.

 

He breathed heavily, trying to calm his breath on the way there.

 

His eye were glued to the window, searching for a certain car. 

 

 

 

The taxi entered a familiar tunnel. 

 

It was quite dark inside, because the light's hadn't been changed for years. 

 

Only a dim, orangey-yellow glow illuminated the darkness.

 

 

 

Kai nearly missed the silver car that he was looking for.

 

He stopped the taxi driver in the middle of the lane and threw the money on the seat before slamming the door closed.

 

He ran toward the vehicle that was a few cars in front of him, the sound of the cursing driver, drowned out by his own heart-beat.

 

 

 

Cars were still honking at him, and he could barely see, but the headlights illuminated the bumper stickers that were so familiar to him.

 

Kai veered onto the stretch of cement on the side walk and had nearly reached the car when a loud boom resonated in the tunnel.

 

A car from the opposite lane veered head on into the car Kai had been desperately searching for and the sound of screeching metal and broken brakes filled his ears again. 

 

 

 

One car flipped over at the impact while the other was pushed back into traffic where it was nearly hit by another car.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter