Aware ... ?

Objects In The Mirror Seem Closer Than They Appear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun emerged from the shadows, with the gun still pointed at Kai's head.

His arms were bare and for the first time, Kai could see the mark.

The dragon star nearly flashed at him, like a neon sign that spelled DEATH.

"Did your memories come flying back, huh," Baekhyun asked with a cold voice.

Confusion, was in his head, but a strange pain nailed into his heart. 

"W-what do you mean?"

"Well," Baekhyun began, pacing around Kai and Chanyeol.

"You know how I lost my parents. But you don't know everything about my new ones."

He paused looking Kai in the eye. He continued pacing.

"You already know who I am now," he said flashing his arm at Kai.

"My job is to kill. But I have my signature moves."

Baekhyun smiled a little and gestured at the car crash in the distance.

"Car-crashes are kinda my thing," he said smirking.

Kai's eyes widened.

"I have an outlet to spread the pain I felt when I lost everything and yours was not an accident."

The stabbing pain in Kai's heart doubled and once again, he could barely breathe. 

"I knew you would check out what was in my desk and come running to save your friend here. That's why I left it open. I never guessed you would miss the most important names on the list," he said with a shrug.

Kai couldn't speak.

"How about I give you a hint. It starts with a D and ends with an O."

He began laughing and an evil glint masked his innocent eyes. 

"Oh! I think I just gave you the answer! Mr. and Mrs. DO. Yes the very ones. Oh, and their son. What was his name again?"

Baekhyun starred up at the top of the tunnel and tapped his chin. He then looked at Kai and watched as tears rolled down the other's face.

He smirked as Kai's bloody hand clutched his chest. 

"I think you know," he said delighted.

Kai couldn't bare it any longer. He let a howl of pain and anger and longing and resentment. He scrambled towards Baekhyun but the cold hilt of his gun pressed against his forehead.

He froze.

Baekhyun laughed hysterically, but after a few moments, hints of a deep sadness made there way into his laughter.

A few moments later, and Baekhyun's hands began to tremble.

 

Kai took the opportunity and began to speak.  

 

"Y-YOU LOVED HIM," he screamed in anger as he gestured at Chanyeol.

Finally Baekhyun's sobs broke out and he dropped to the floor. 

The gun clattered to the ground and skidded away from him.

He starred longingly at the body behind Kai, his mouth open and chest heaving.

"H-he knew to m-much," he breathed.

"H-he, HE WA

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter