Planned

Objects In The Mirror Seem Closer Than They Appear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai flinched back and his eyes widened. "Whoa. Hey man I'm sorry, I was just checking out your tattoo."

Baekhyun seemed to calm down but there was still something in his eyes when he answered. "Oh, that's just a birth mark. I would show you but I'm a bit self conscious over it."

Kai studied Baekhyun's face a little longer, then finally answered with a cautious, "Okay."

Baekhyun laid down on the rock and stared up at the sky. "So how was the sunrise."

"It was actually kinda nice. I haven't really woken up early enough to see one, so yeah, it was nice."

"Well that's good."

The pair sat there in awkward silence until Baekhyun piped up again.

"So what are you going to do today."

Kai sighed. "Nothing much; I don't go out a lot on Saturdays."

Baekhyun shot up and nearly screamed, "WHAT?! YOU MEAN YOU DON'T EVEN HIT THE CLUBS?!"

This made Kai wince, but he managed to answer with a no.

Baekhyun lay back down and said, "Well since your life is pretty boring, why don't you come over to my place today"

His voice became higher and sing-songy, when he said, "I even have Karaoke!" His eyes even sparkled.

He must really like Karaoke. Might as well go. It'll be good for me, right?

"Sure."

Baekhyun sprang up and offered his hand. "Okay let's go," his voice giddy.

The skinny boy pulled Kai up with one arm and pulled him down the stairs, nearly killing the flustered boy behind him.

...

The pair arrived at Baekhyun's apartment with just a few scratches. Nothing to bad.

Kai was totally out of breath and squatted down to take a breather.

On the other hand Baekhyun didn't have a drip of sweat on him and he giddily jumped around waiting for Kai.

After a few minutes of wheezing and trying to calm down his beating heart, Kai finally took a look at the building...and his jaw nearly unhinged from the rest of his skull.

"Wow," he muttered in awe. "Holy crap Baekhyun, you live here," he said with an impressed voice.

Baekhyun smirked and answered nonchalantly, "Yeah, it's not that great."

THAT SPOILED KID. I COULD ONLY LIVE HERE IN MY DREAMS.

The building was made entirely of white marble with thousands of miniscule engravings of leaves that all came together to make little nymphs that climbed up or hung on to the edges of the building. Some nymphs were even carved so they were peeking into the resident's windows.

Isn't that a bit creepy. 

The pair walked into the lobby and Baekhyun nodded at the lobbyman, while Kai stared at the impossibly high ceiling. It was covered in divine beings from the tree of life to homunculi hanging off stone branches. There was a grand staircase that spiraled around the whole cavern up to the carvings where they could be observed in closer detail.

Baekhyun observed Kai squinting at the ceiling, and said, "we can go up there later if you want."

Kai looked back at Baekhyun with grateful eyes. "Thanks bro."

Baekhyun lead Kai down the intricate carpet that covered the floor of the lobby, towards the elevator. Even the elevator was shiny and golden with the face of a goddes carved into the doors.

Baekhyun joked that he used to stick his finger in the lady's carved mouth all the time. "You should try it," he said with a mischievous giggle.

Kai slowly sacrificed his finger to the carved lady and he gasped when his finger pushed a button and the mouth lit up with a yellow glow.

DING DONG "WELCOME HOME MY LORDS! WHAT FLOOR WILL YOU BE GOING TOO!?," the voice of a posh lady came through a speaker.

At this, Kai jumped back, tripped over himself, and dropped to the floor, all while Baekhyun's giggles fledged to a full scale laugh attack.

"It-it talks?!"

"Of course. You've never seen a talking elevator lady?"

"No," he said with a sarcastic voice, while rubbing the wrist he landed. "How does she even know there are two of us and we are guys?"

"She's magical."

Kai groaned and followed Baekhyun into the grand elevator.

Baekhyun spoke to the carved face, asking for level 25.

"OF COURSE MY LORD! NOW WHAT MUSIC WOULD YOU LIKE PLAYED?!"

"Just the regular."

The room was filled with classic music from the 1930s and it began it ascent.

Kai had his mouth open the whole time while Baekhyun scrolled through his phone.

They stepped off and the elevator zoomed back down.

"GOOD-BYE MY LORDS!," the elevator lady called behind them.

Kai was a bit startled, but h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter