Human-like

Objects In The Mirror Seem Closer Than They Appear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Smoke singed Kai's clothing and his eyes watered from the heat. He could barely breathe.

All he could see was softened orange flames through the thick smoke.

Flash.

Suddenly he felt tough hands underneath his armpits, pulling his null body out of the car.

He felt the gravel scratch his back and legs as he was dragged away from the scene.

Flash.

He was dropped on the floor and faintly heard heavy footsteps, running back to get the others.

Kai lay on the ground and stared at the sky. He almost became lost in the endless, unreachable stars, when he heard the sirens.

He shot up and his vision was crystal clear.

Flash.

He could see a body in the car that was flipped over and in flames. Firefighters struggled to pry open the car door.

Kai scrambled up and ran towards the car, holding his shirt above his nose to filter out the smell of burning tires and metal.

Flash

He was close enough to see the innocent face of a teenager. His pale white skin was covered with charred black marks. Red-ish lips lay parted and black eyelashes brushed the boy's skin beneath his eyes. It was almost strange that his pure face wasn't covered in blood.

FLASH.

He was beautiful.

FLASH.

His doe-like eyes fluttered opened and a mix of confusion and pain swirled in brown irises.

FLASH.

His gaze locked onto Kai's and a split-second later the car went up in flames.

FLASH..........FLASH......FLASH....FLASH...FLASH...FLASH..FLASH.FLASH.FLASH.FLASH.FLASH.FLASH.

Kai shot up in his bed, covered in sweat. His breathing was heavy and darkness blanketed the quiet night.

"A dream," he gasped to himself.

He switched on his bedside lamp and saw a note on the table.

He reached over and grabbed the torn notebook paper, holding it up to the lamp.

Hey Kai, I hope your okay when your reading this. It's Baekhyun. I found you on the ground outside the auditorium. The place burned down and I'll let you find out the rest for yourself. I took you to the hospital and they gave me a clear to take you back home. They had too many patients with worse injuries to let you stay. I found your key under the welcome mat, your so obvious. Anyways, Luhan is okay and the exo members are okay too. Call me when you can.

Kai read the note over a few times.

It really happened.

He quickly slipped off the bed an turned the television on. Every channel was covering the innceident.

Exo concert....

....about 1000 people dead....

...2000 injured.....

....hospitals overflowing....

....more hospital deaths adding to the death toll...

...no information on who set off the bombs...

...worst in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter