Hit-List

Objects In The Mirror Seem Closer Than They Appear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The pair went to school the next day. 

Kyungsoo had on Kai's old shirt and pants and the two talked cheerfully on the way to school. 

Baekhyun sat behind them on the bus, strainging to hear what Kai would was saying. 

Is he talking to himself?

Baekhyun reached over and tapped Kai's shoulder. 

"Who are you talking to," he hissed. 

Kai grinned, and was about to motion towards Kyungsoo, but the pale-faced boy was gone. 

Troubled, Kai answered, "oh, uh, no one in particular."

Baekhyun sat back. "Man, I think you're going crazy."

Kai turned back in his seat and looked into Baekhyun's eyes. 

"To be honest, I think I'm going crazy too, hyung."

Baekhyun's eyebrows unforrowed at the confusion in Kai's eyes. 

"You should come over to my place today. I can call in a doctor to examine you."

Kai's eyes widened. "You can do that?!" 

"Yea sure, why not?"

"Well, ummm that's so thoughtful of you, but I don't know if I can pay for it. I already missed a day of school."

Baekhyun chuckled. "I'm the one paying for it, stupid. Anyways we can go ahead and check the painting on the dome while were at it. I know you wanted to see it."

Kai smiled. "I'm so lucky to have met a hyung like you," he cooed. 

Baekhyun forced a smile, but gasped in suprise as Kai reached over the seat to give Baekhyun a small, yet warm hug. 

It had been a long time since Baekhyun had gotten one of those, all though Chanyeol's hugs were warm, they weren't as sincere as Kai's.

Almost as if Kai was reading his mind, a mischevious smile appeared on his face. 

"Sooooo, how's it going with Chanyeol," he said slyly.

Startled, Baekhyun stuttered, "w-what d-do y-you mean?"

Kai's smile grew wider. 

"Ahhhhhhh, I see." He snickered a little at the end. 

Baekhyun was about ready to reach over and smack Kai's dumb smile right off of his face, when the bus stopped at their station. 

Kai dashed out of the bus and ran a few meters ahead to get away. 

Baekhyun couldn't help but smile at Kai's childish ways, but his smile dissapeared as he saw a maroon spots car whiz down the street. 

He knew that he couldn't attach himself to Kai. The tan boy knew too much.

...

During school Kyungsoo showed up again, but he wouldn't talk. 

He would stand near the big windows in each classroom, and stare out of the glass. 

Kai was worried about him, but Kyungsoo didn't seem to be hurt, so he let him be. 

Kyungsoo dissapeared again later.

Soon Kai's classes were over and he promised Baekhyun that he would come over after work. 

Chanyeol walked with him to his office. 

Kai suddenly blurted out, "you're lucky to have Baekhyun."

Chanyeol looked down at Kai and chuckled. 

"I am, but he's been a little distant lately. I really don't know why. I know he visits you a lot, but he told me that he cares for you like a little brother. You know he never had a little brother."

Kai was a bit surprised, but his heart warmed up at the thought. 

"That's nice."

The pair reached Kai's work place and the younger watched Chanyeol's figure dissapear down the sidewalk before he went in. 

...

"How come you always walk?"

"What do you mean," Baekhyun questioned.

"I mean, you're so rich, so why don't you have a car?"

"Oh. I do have a car, actually a few cars, but I don't find the need to use them here. I'm not the one to flash what I have in everyone's faces and I make more friends that way."

"True, ture," Kai nodded. 

"And, I saved you on the bus because of that."

Kai mangaed to supress a wince.

"What happened anyways?"

Kai sighed, "I guess you deserve to know."

"I was in an accident a year ago. A c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter