Chapter 8

You're Mine

 

 

Author note : First and foremost, I am so, so sorry for not updating for so long. I'll try to update as frequent as possible. Here's Chapter 8 for you guys and welcome new subscribers!

 

 

 

Chapter 8

 

 

             “Just what’s on your insane mind did you decide to irritate your sister?”

     Hyuna babbled as she treated the bruise on Woohyun’s head. The poor guy winced when she accidentally pressed his head a little too hard.

            “Yah! Can’t you do it gently? How would I know Doojoon hyung was the one pestering her during Paris? By the way, since when did she get mad for little things like this? This is not like her at all. This is abuse”

He whined and pouted. Hyuna put a small plaster on Woohyun’s head and kissed it briefly like one would do to their wounded children.

            “There, there. Poor Woohyunnie, the Hitler”

She patted the guy’s head a little before messing up his hair and made her way out quickly before he could even do anything, chuckling. Then she decided to check up on the other twin, who was now sipping a peach bellini in her room. Jihyun had a freaking personal bar in her room, for God’s sake. She sat on her so called water bed before snatching the drink from the older girl’s grip which made Jihyun eyed her menacingly. As if Hyuna would be afraid of her small threat. Okay, maybe a little.

            “Why did you hurt your brother’s head? It’s not nice you know?”

            “He started it. He didn’t tell me that annoying jerk would be working with me, as my rival slash lover! You couldn’t even imagine to what extent I have gone just to avoid that brute in Paris”

            “And did you tell him that the guy was Doojoon?”

Jihyun small eyes grew wider out of realization.

            “Eep. No. Oh no. What did I just do? Ah, I’m such an ”

She screamed out her frustration before lying down on her bed.

            “You always are, unnie. So clumsy. Now get up and apologise to him”

            “Ah, wae? Do I really need to?”

It was Hyuna’s turn to glare fiercely but still playfully at Jihyun, decreasing the size of her eyes.

            “Fine, mom”

The older girl got up and went to Woohyun’s room as if she was sent to receive a death sentence making Hyuna chuckled lightly. Eyeing the small glass she was holding, she took a sip of the inviting looking fluid. Not bad. She placed the glass on the bedside table before lying on the bed, tired from all the drama she had the whole day. She just wanted to rest.

 

 

     Junhyung leaned against the leather cushion, groaning in frustration. Just what the hell is wrong with her? He was just trying to be nice, for once. His eyes flickered to the piling documents on his right and grew more irritated. More documents to inspect, more of that to be signed as his approval. And no, he doesn’t hate his job, in fact, it was his whole world to take on the Yong empire. Just that, sometimes when his is messed up, it just tends to get overwhelming. Like at this very moment, all he could of is that crazy girl’s pissed off and tear-stricken face. What intrigued him was her stoic face yet held so much emotion as if she was keeping them down for some reason. I got to find out why. But then his pocket suddenly vibrated, getting him out of his own world and into reality, screaming a familiar tone that demands to be answered.

            “Yes, mom?”

            “Are you still at work, dear?”

            “Yeah, why?”

            “Would you mind coming home for dinner?”

            “Is dad going to be there?”

            “Your dad is at her house tonight”

He gritted his teeth at his mother’s words. How can she be so calm about it? And so casually word it out to him as if she was not affected at all by her husband’s action? While he, on the other hand, was that close to bring his phone to pieces.

            “Junnie? Honey? Are you still there?”

            “I’ll be there with Doojoon”

He ended the conversation quickly and sighed for the nth time. He knew his mother was still affected by his father’s second marriage but pretended to be okay and being so cool about it so that he and Doojoon would not be worried about her. Hell, he was even more worried. He would rather hear her complaints and wipe away her tears than having her so silent and robotic like this. Who knows she might consider ending her life behind his back? But even being robotic as she was, she can still annoy the crap out of him, setting him up on a blind date with almost every girl she knows. Doojoon can’t escape her too. Ah, women are so complicated. His woman was like that, too. That is before she decided to leave her forever. Son Naeun. He flinched at the thought of her. He switched on the intercom, calling for his new secretary, Krystal. His old one was on her maternity leave.

            “Yes, sir?”

            “I’m going home early tonight. Can you please clear up my desk and sort out everything? Thank you”

            “Certainly, sir. Have a nice night”

 

 

            “What makes you think I’ll come with you? Father forbade from ever stepping inside that house anymore. Don’t you hear him before, Jun?”

            “He’s at that female’s house. He wouldn’t know a thing. ‘Sides, mother told me to bring you along. Come on bro, you know how our mother is”

            “I’m doing this because I know our mother so well. She’d try to keep me there once she saw me again and that didn’t end up so well before, didn’t it?”

            “But…she missed you”

            “Of course she missed me, she loves me more than you. But it was for her own good. I couldn’t risk her being beaten by father again. Last time, he almost broke her ribs. And God knows how close I am to beat him to a pulp”

            “Very funny, Doodoo. She loves us equally. She said so herself. Okay, I’ll tell her you’re busy shooting”

            “Thanks, little bro. And before you go, do you have Nam Jihyun’s number?”

            “Nam Jihyun? Oh, the actress? Yeah. Why? You want it?”

            “Yep. I might as well embrace my destiny as it keeps bumping me into her”

            “I’ll send it to you later. Embracing your destiny…as in, you like her?

Junhyung chuckled as he checked out the older guy’s reaction. Man, he is serious.

            “Well, good luck with that. Because from what I hear from NAM Woohyun, aka her twin brother which is my bestfriend, she pretty much loathes you. And he got a nasty bruise on his head tp prove that”

With that said, he turned around and walked away, waving his hand back like a scene from a movie, leaving his brother dumbfounded. After the moment of shock, Doojoon began wearing a smirk on his face. So, she hates me, huh? We’ll see about that.

 

 

            “Jihyun unnie! Look at this. You’re on tv!”

Jihyun rushed to Hyuna’s side quickly holding her dinner plate as she was eating. Hyuna wiggled her head disapprovingly but fixed her gaze on the television when her eyes literally going to pop out of their sockets when she saw photos of Jihyun and Doojoon together. Even Jihyun was taken aback by the news. The ad.

            “Is that even supposed to come out yet?”

            “Nuh,uh…”

The younger girl muttered in a daze, her hand going down her shorts’ pocket, frantically searching for her phone. I have to call Woohyun.

            “Hello? Hyuna?”

            “Woohyun-ah, you gotta check out the news right now. They…they released Jihyun and Doojoon’s photos. From the ad”

            “What?”

Woohyun turned the television in his office. . He picked up his phone and dialled Junhyung’s number.

            “Jun…”

            “I know. I’ll handle this. I think it came from my side”

            “I’ll ask Hyuna to help you”

            “There’s no need to do so. I can manage it alone”

            “Oh please, Jun. The moment you said you want to handle it alone, the more I didn’t believe you”

            “Why? Come on man”

            “Because I knew you so well. You’re not the scheming type and can’t read people at all. The time you finally figured what they are up to, they’ve already have everything. Let’s face it, Jun. You are a genius in managing but totally at foreseeing other’s movement. I don’t care, I’m sending Hyuna”

            “Fine, fine. You don’t have to be such a about it, MOM. Geez”

            “Just stating out the truth here, son”