Chapter 10

You're Mine

Chapter 10

Curse Nam Woohyun's 'brilliant' mind for ever flicking that switch of idea in his head. May he never get any 'brilliant' ideas after this. After a thorough discussion, it was decided by Nam Woohyun's 'brilliant' mind that it was not very efficient to use Kim Hyuna as a designer in Yong Junhyung's company if he ever want to catch that bastard who leaked the photos soon. So, according to Nam Woohyun's 'brilliant' mind, the efficiency of using Kim Hyuna will only increase drastically only and only if Kim Hyuna was Yong Junhyung's personal assistant.

And voila! Here she is, only 10 feet away from the lair of of all things that spelled jerks. Yong Junhyung's office. If that's not enough a challenge, she was granted a noble mission of finding that culprit that got her into this mess in the first place. Well, .

Suddenly, the telephone on her desk rang. Krystal said her job scope was only to answer the phone and tend to Mr. Yong's needs while Krystal, herself on the other hand, will handle the rest concerning the appointments and whatnots. She answered the call immediately.

"Miss Kim, come into my office now"

She gritted her teeth before answering.

"Yes, sir. Will be right there in a minute"

She sat up from her seat, fixing her pencil skirt and blouse neatly, oh, how she hated this kind of outfit, before proceeded to the his lair office, carrying along a small notebook Krystal told her to always bring along each and every time she was summoned to the lair Junhyung's office. Knock, knock.

"Come in"

She brought herself in only to be greeted with the back view of the chairman's leather chair. She decided to just wait patiently for his next instruction. It can't be long, right?

However, she was dead wrong. There were still no orders from him after over 45 minutes of her standing. Her patience was already wearing thin. Meanwhile, Junhyung was trying hard not to burst out laughing, very oblivious of her itch to explode. Well, let's put that to a test, shall we?

"Yah! Don't just stand there, make me some coffee!"

Hyuna was startled by the suddenness of her superior's order but quickly recovered. Does he just ask me to make him coffee after making me wait for freaking 45 minutes? Once a jerk, always a jerk. She forced out a small smile. You didn't know him before, Hyuna.

"Certainly, sir"

 



And she dashed out before he got a chance to say anything. That's it? What? No harsh word spitting? No fighting back? 5 minutes later, she came with a cup of hot coffee and placed it on his desk.

"Here's your coffee, sir. Anything else?"

He threw a rather thick folder in front of her.

"That's the particulars of all the personnels that could get a hand on those pictures. The rest is up to you. Inform me if you need anything"

She nodded gently before turning around to get started on the names.

"And Miss Kim?"
"Yes?"
"I don't approve that"
"What?"
"Your request for me to treat you as a stranger"

Ignoring his words, she got out from the room and walked to her respective place. Strange mutt. As soon as she took her seat, she went through the file, reading each and every profile she could. Who are you, bastard? Two profiles attracted her though, the head of marketing and the head of finance. Both of them were members of the board. Hmm...

Junhyung eyed the cup of black liquid in front of him before decided to take a sip. However, he spat it out before the liquid even got deeper to his throat which caused him to cough rather harshly. Wiping off the traces of the black fluid on his lips, he noticed a small green post-it attached to the back of the cup.

'ENJOY' your cup coffee, sir.

He chuckled, smiling despite of the really revolting taste of the drink. If you want to consider that a drink. Oh, I will. Note taken.

Hyuna scratched her head, she swore her vision was getting hazy as she went through tons and tons of files of her newly found suspects. Spotless. A perfect word to describe those two. She should have moved on and try looking through another perspective but her guts strongly told her it was either of those two people or maybe both as partners. Her guts never betray her before. She scrolled through her Ipad again for the nth time for points she might have missed. Nothing. A heavy sigh escaped her tiny lips and she leaned against her chair before closing her eyes eventually.

 


Junhyung stretched as he got up from his seat, finally done analyzing the details of his newly improved proposal of the coffee project, the aftermath of the leaked video. He was really going to kill whoever that bastard is. A satisfied smile cracked on his lips as he eyed the monitor screen, saving his work, sending its copies to Krystal before shutting it all down and started packing his things. He grabbed his keys and coat before dashing out of his office only to be distracted by the only light source that was on there. Kim Hyuna's spot. He approached, wishing she was still 'alive'. Oh, this will be good. He stopped on his track as he got close enough to her, struck in awe when he found the said person sleeping on her chair hugging herself. Naeun.

The guy leaned in unconsciously, his lips hovering over the sleeping girl's eyelids, his eyes closed. Opening his eyes ever so slowly, his orbs widen as realization hit him. This was no Naeun. It's Hyuna. Stupid, stupid. His vision flickered to the girl and a relieved sigh escaped as the girl was still sleeping. Vulnerable. No other words could describe what he was seeing right now perfectly. What actually happened after you left?

His hands involuntarily tucked the girl's locks behind her ears and brushed over her rosy cheek ever so gently. His heart felt a tug. Being so close with her made him felt so warm, it was comforting. The same way he felt around Naeun. He shook his head in denial. Impossible. He took the girl's coat that was on the chair and wrap it around the petite body before leaving, closing the door slowly as to not disturb her sleep.

Woohyun grinned as he spotted the target he had been looking for burying her face flat on one of the secluded tables of the company's cafeteria.

"So how's the work going,soldier?"

Hyuna lifted her head at that awfully familiar voice, only to see the one who got her into this mess hovering over her, smirking. She rolled her eyes and lowered her face back, ignoring the thing in front of her who was supposed to be her best friend. She heard the chair on her side being pulled out and occupied. Woohyun apparently mimicking her actions, leaning his head leisurely on hers.

"You do know that thing you called your head is heavy, right?"

She spat bashfully making Woohyun chuckled.

"You do know that I love you right?"

She snorted.

"Love me my "

"Anyway, what about those two board members you were telling me about? Did you find anything on them?"

 

 


"If I did, I would have already send myself out and not sulking here, wondering what did I ever do wrong to receive such a cruel punishment like this. There's not a single dirt on them I can find, Woohyun"

"Maybe you are looking on the wrong angle, honey. People like them wouldn't want anyone to know their dirts, that's why you can't find anything. But they are doomed to have flaws too. There's no such thing as the perfect plan"

Hyuna's eyes widened as realization dawned upon her. A big smile began to form on her as she started to laugh quite loudly.

"Yah, are you even a girl? Stop laughing so loudly!"

"Oh, just shut up and let me enjoy, will 'ya?"

She flicked his head and ran happily to her cubicle.

'I got you now'

Until she was engulfed by someone and got knocked out.

“Ain’t your mother never thought you not to mess with other people’s business?”

He smirked at the unconscious girl.