Chapter 11

You're Mine

 

 

Extreme headache. She willed her eyes to pry open as her blurred vision becoming crystal clear. Slowly gaining grip to herself, she tried to move her arm but they refused to cooperate, much to her surprise. What irked her more was that her entire movement was restrained because apparently she was strapped down to a chair with an unknown cloth stuffed into . Not again. Her eyes suddenly widen in alert when she heard noises echoed around the confinement room she was in, she suppose. They sounded near.

'Something felt familiar about this place though'

"Don't you think you've gone overboard now, hyung? You didn't have to kidnap her"

"Shut up! Do you want us to get caught? Remember, if I go down, you will too"

"Didn't we do this only for the money? I didn't agree to killing anybody"

The man frowned, his gaze never softened towards the older guy that was smirking at the partially conscious girl tied in front him. It was as if he didn't know this guy anymore, his eyes, often soft, filled with compassion, was gone. He can't deny the possibilities of this guy turning into a nutjob. Well, he is practically one now, which only heightened his fear of this person in front of him. His survival instinct practically shouted at his ears, telling him to run, to get away from here as fast as he could, however numbed by hesitation as his eyes wandered towards the innocent girl who probably was scared to death now. He needed to do something, a distraction.

"Oh! Someone has just woken up"

The restrained girl looked awfully pale. Her hair was a mess and bruises already formed around her wrist. The older among the two approached her, holding a rambo knife which caught the latter by surprise. He ran the knife through Hyuna's throat so close it almost penetrated her skin, choking her, making her more terrified as seconds went by. She mustered her courage to look up to her perpetrator in the eye.

"What a surprise! You're actually pretty" He leaned closer to the girl and took a huge huff. "Smells good too" Satisfied by his findings, he let out a small but eerie laugh. "Too bad the pretty one must die"

...

"Hyun! Have you solve the..."

His voice trailed off when Krystal told him she hasn't seen the girl since she walked in and was concerned on her whereabouts because usually she would inform her if she had to go anywhere. Woohyun scratched his nape and reached out for his phone. A ringtone played across the room and there it was, on Hyunah's desk. Something is not right.

"Hello?"

A raspy voice answered.

"Yah, Jun. Did you send Hyunah on a task somewhere?"

Yesterday's incident flashed in his mind, making his face hot.

"No, I didn't. I would send Krystal if there is a need for something like that. Why?"

"I'm afraid she has gone missing. I think someone knew the reason of her presence in your company"

Woohyun said it rather calmly, despite the growing anxiety inside him, not knowing where she is at the moment. He could only hoped that she was safe until he could find her.

Junhyung showed up a little later in black hoodie, which rather surprised the majority of his employees since the latter never showed up at the company unless he was crisp in a suit.
He signalled for Woohyun to follow him when he walked past the guy, who could not stop fidgetting even when he was leaning against the wall near the entrance. Both made their way to the security surveillance room.

"I want all of you, out this instance"

Coldly, he ordered the officers except for a young looking guy as he grabbed him before he could exit with the rest. He pointed at the screen and the young fellow immediately sat down and accessed the system.

"Can you show us the footage from this early morning around 6.30?"

Scanning through various recordings, in various places, Junhyung's eyes caught a sight of something suspicious. He immediately asked to replay the said tape, that showed of someone ushered towards the warehouse's direction, with it's mouth covered.

"I'm calling the police"

Woohyun reached for his phone and the police were successfully notified before he was being dragged by Junhyung to the warehouse.

...

She was seriously terrified, this man, no, she knew him, he was one of the board directors that loudly protested at one meeting she attended with Krystal and Junhyung. He disagreed with Junhyung's decision that the company will stop taking supplies from the main supplier under his supervision. That very same man was threatening to take her life as about now and the fact that this traitor's face was so close to hers now annoyed her.

"Yah, is that them, over there?"

Woohyun was beyond mortified seeing his bestfriend helpless, tied to a chair. When he saw the knife the man was holding, he swore he would've lunged forward towards that bastard if it weren't for a tight grip on his shoulder that belonged to Junhyung.

"Oi, are you mad? We don't know how many are they. We're on a rescue mission not a suicide"

He hissed under his breath calmly, reasoning but the latter could see a twitch in his eyes, almost black, murderous.

She gave a nonchalant look at the traitor, smirking as she knocked her head to his, hard, feeling greatly satisfied when she heard him moan in pain. Everything happened in a flash. When the nutcase guy was crouching, she could two figures appearing from the dark, diving towards him, pinning him to the ground. She could feel her restraint loosening, surprised when she saw the other guy behind her, giving a small apologetic smile, mouthing 'go' at her. Before she could do anything, he disappeared, tackled to the ground by the nutcase who apparently strong enough to overcome the two figures earlier. They were now struggling, both trying to overpower the other. Woohyun? She rushed to the figure who now lying unconscious, possibly knocked out by the impact that nutcase cause.

"Mr Lee, put that knife down. We can settle this in a better way!"

Only a sarcastic, eerie laugh responded. He was holding the other guy in headlock, with the knife pressed against his neck.

"Settle? Are you cracking a joke here, boy?"

He chuckled.

"You and I know that once we're out of here, I would be sentenced to prison. And you, you would go back to your world, where everyone else doesn't matter, only you"

Junhyung approached a bit closer.

"You were born an heir, what do you know about hard work, the sacrifices to be made to make it this far? I might as well do it till the end"

He was going to drive the knife into the other's neck, when Junhyung's hand stopped him, twisting his arm until the knife dropped with Junhyung pinning him down with his weight, this time with extra caution. Then, the familiar sound of police siren blasted through making Hyuna heaved a relieved sigh.

"Are you okay?"

She heard him speak, and managed to squeak out an okay as she watched officers went past her, grabbing Mr Lee in a handcuff. Her eyes widen when Junhyung gave out and slumped down on the floor, blood rushing out from the area around his torso.

His last vision was of Hyuna rushing towards him, yelling for paramedic before he slipped out entirely.

...

She took a sip of the champagne,twirling the glass she was holding as she watched the kiss scene the small screen was airing in the waiting room.

"You know, if you tilted your head just a little bit more, that scene would be perfect"

Why does her head hurt so much? It was champagne she was drinking, it was supposed to be relaxing for her.

"Get out, Doojoon"

She spat out of utter despise, didn't even bother to look at the reason of the monstrosity she was about to be a part of in about 10 minutes.

"Too bad, Jihyunnie~ This is my waiting room too. I think they are giving us some sort of privacy here, what with the wed..."

"Don't. Even. Mention. That. Word"

He watched with amusement she glared at him, seething with anger. He grinned back at her, eyes mocking.

"Wedding"

" you"

She was about to throw the tall glass at his big head when a knocking sound stopped her before the door was opened to reveal one of the staffs smiling sweetly at her.

"Jihyun-ssi, Doojoon-ssi, you can come out now"

She announced before politely closing the door back, making Jihyun exhaled a breath she didn't even know she was holding. There was a long pause before she finally got up from her seat, adjusting her peach colored dress and walked gracefully towards the door, ignoring the man behind her.

"Let's just get this over with"

She whispered to herself before reaching for the door knob, when her movement was halted by Doojoon who quietly placed her arms into his, leading her out. This man's really digging his own grave. But even she was too tired to argue and just let him be.

...

"God, I'm so tired"

She removed her headset and just let her body fall on the comfy sofa, closing her eyes, letting fatigue consumed her up.

"Have you called them out?"

One of her colleagues slopped down beside her, as she reached for a mineral water bottle and took a sip. She just nodded as an answer, her eyes darted to the small screen that was now showing the evening news.

"One of the injured is the company's very own president, Yong Junhyung. He was reported to be in the critical condition as he received a few blows on the head"

The water bottle dropped.

"Oh. My. God"