Chapter 6

You're Mine

 

I woke up with a massive headache. Urghh…hangover. I suddenly regretted drinking last night though I have a very low tolerance for alcohol.  Forcing my heavy eyes open, I looked around hoping, by some kind of miracle, that last night was a dream, that I am on my own my own bed right now when I felt my forehead being flicked. I looked up, annoyed.

   “Why are you drinking so much? You know yourself well what will happen”

Okay, this is not happening. This is my best friend in front of me, Nam Woohyun, the younger twin brother of Nam Jihyun and if this Hitler is here, this only meant that last night was not a dream. I didn’t have the word to describe what am I feeling right now for some part of me felt miserable, some felt like weeping, another part felt happy to see him again and the other felt a huge shame. I must have embarrassed myself in front of him.

   “Hyuna, are you even listening to me? Why are you pinching yourself? Hello…”

He waved both of his huge hands in front of my face.

   “To make sure this wasn’t a dream”

   “Pabo, you are in my room right now and I am right here? How can that be a dream?”

   “Really?”

I touched his face and pinched his sharp nose. Yes, this is Woohyun all right. My Woohyun.

   “Woohyun-ah!”

     I jumped at him, my arms hugging his stomach. He chuckled and pulled away with a grin on his face. I pouted, hurt by his reaction while he ruffled my hair like he would do to a little child. What happened last night, I must hid it from him. I don’t want him to be worried.

   “It’s your fault you reeked of alcohol! Go wash up, take a bath as well. Someone’s dying to see you”

   “Jihyun unnie? She’s back already?”

I was going to get up and ran to meet her, god I miss her so much but a hand stopped me by the head.

   “Nuh-uh. Not a chance. Go wash up first”

I pushed his hand away, pouting again.

   “Psh, you’re hurting my ego. Arasso, arasso, Hitler-shi”

Then, I made my run into his bathroom before the bomb I just ignited blew.

   “Yah, Kim Hyuna!”

A good 30 minutes in the bathroom and I now smelled of white musk, Woohyun’s favourite perfume because he often use the same bath gel as its Eau de Toilette. Such a complicated guy, I told you, even more complicated than his other half, his sister Jihyun. My nose caught a delicious smell as I walked out from his bedroom and made my way to the kitchen where it came from. There, I saw Jihyun eating and the devil, cooking.

   “Unnie!”

I ran across the room and hugged Jihyun from her back. She turned around and hugged me back excitedly. Her angelic smile plastered all over her face.

   “When did you came back from Paris?”

   “Two days ago. So, I heard someone has turned into an alcoholic last night, huh?”

I glared at the back of Woohyun’s head accusingly, slicing it into half in my mind.

   “Teller”

He flipped the omelette he was frying into a plate and handed it to me before he went back to make one for himself.

   “Not my fault. She saw me carrying you last night. Btw, you’re heavy and you are welcome”

   “Psh, I am not!”

Jihyun slung her slender arm over my shoulders casually.

   “If you want to drink, do it right. Like me”

She ‘air-toast’ a small glass in front of me before sipping what I would be sure was Vodka. This girl just loves her alcohol and no, don’t get me wrong. She is not an alcoholic. She just loves it like someone would love to have their espresso or Americano in the morning. Plus, her tolerance for alcohol is as high as the Eiffel tower itself so that shouldn’t be a problem.

   “Don’t tempt her, sis. I’ll kill you first before I get to her if she drinks again”

Woohyun glared at his sister before he sat down in front of the two girls and started savouring his omelette.

   “Arasso, arasso”

She then managed to whisper something into my ears that made us both burst into laughter.

   “Don’t worry Hyuna-ah. If you want drinks, just inform me anytime. Don’t even bother about that Hitler’s empty threats”

   “That Hitler can hear that from here, alcoholic”

     Jihyun rolled her eyes.

   “Come on, you were born a few seconds later than me for heaven’s sake. Loosen up, Hitler, you’re no fun. Oh, Hyuna-ah how’s your lovely husband? Sorry I couldn’t come to your wedding. Shooting schedules could be a pain in my sometimes”

I coughed when I heard the word ‘husband’. Woohyun handed me a glass of water and I took it gladly.

   “Glutton. Eat slowly will you?”

   “Shut up. It’s okay, unnie. The wedding’s cancelled anyway”

   “Again? What did you do this time?”

   “Nothing. Why are you implying that it’s my doing? It’s just…something came up”

   “Get married soon, will you? You’re making the poor guy wait longer than he should be”

   “Well, I don’t think…”

   “Ah! I’m running late. I’m dead meat. The director is going to kill me. Let’s talk later, okay?

She gobbled down the last bit of her omelette and quickly sat up, giving me and Woohyun a kiss on the cheek before proceeded to stumble on her heels and disappeared through the door. I chuckled.

   “She’ll never change, will she?”

   “She will always be that crazy, clumsy part of the Nam family. Good thing she’s pretty”

We laughed heartily through the breakfast.

   “Well, I should tidy up and get going”

I started picking up plates to wash and brought it to the sink while Woohyun was drinking his coffee.

   “Do you have any place to go to?”

   “Of course, I…”

   “Lie”

   “What are you talking about? I do have..”

   “Stop lying and pretending you’re okay, Hyuna. I know what happened. You told me everything last night. You tend to spill when you’re drunk”

I froze. Tears began to stricken again.

   “Does unnie…”

   “No, she went to sleep right after she made sure you’re okay”

My knees felt weak and I finally broke down. Woohyun wrapped his arms around the petite girl while Hyuna cried again in the warmth of his embrace. A crybaby indeed. Not as tough as she pretended to be.

   “Hush…you have me, okay? You have Jihyun”

They stayed like that for only god knows how long. Hyuna unwrapped herself from his embrace and turned around to face him. She planted a peck on his cheek.

   “Thank you, Woohyun-ah. You truly are my best friend. I don’t know what would I be without you”

He snorted. Anytime for you, jing jing.

   “Didn’t I always have been your knight in shining armour, jing jing?”

Suddenly, the door bell rang. I pushed Woohyun aside and stride towards the front door.

   “I’ll go get it. You finish the dishes”

   “Hey! I thought you want to wash it a while ago”

   “Well, it’s your fault you distracted me”

I said with a small chuckle. He groaned as he started washing the dishes. I opened the door to reveal the person I least expected to show up right now. Myungsoo. Why is he here? Is he here to take me back? The flash of that thought made a smile crept up my face. Unable to control myself, I hugged him. A tear escaped my orb.

   “Myungsoo-ah. I know you’ll come back”

His hands made their way to my shoulders and he broke the hug. I looked at him, confused.

   “I know I’ll find you here”

   “Hyuna? Who’s there? Opps”

Woohyun suddenly appeared from the kitchen. Myungsoo rolled his eyes in annoyance.

   “A new guy already, huh? You’re magnificent, Hyuna”

   “You…don’t understand. He’s not the person you think he is”

   “Anyway, that’s not why I’m here. I came here to say that don’t disturb me and Hyomin anymore. I want to break up”

   “But…we love each other. You can’t do this to me. Don’t choose her”

   “I love my wife. Besides, isn’t this what you always wanted? Freedom without being tied up. That’s why you kept making excuses to cancel our wedding”

     Woohyun’s blood boiled with anger as he heard Myungsoo’s words. He was about to charge at him when Hyuna stopped him and slapped Myungsoo herself.

   “Is that how low you think of me? Of our love? Do you doubt me that much?”

Myungsoo held his now bleeding lips.

   “Don’t blame me. You made this yourself”

   “Fine! Then, go”

She pushed Myungsoo out with all her might, holding back her tears as she did that. Her small frame shook.

   “Go!”

She waited until Myungsoo was out of her sight before she finally broke down for the nth time today. Woohyun bent down to the girl’s level and tried to calm her down by rubbing her back gently.

   “Why didn’t you tell him the truth?”

   “There will be no use. He doesn’t trust me like I trusted him”

…………………..

     Junhyung threw the papers in front of him in annoyance. He had been tracking G.O and Su Rin down but up to no avail. The new product also does not do well as its predecessor in the market. He is totally out of his wits right now. He pushed the switch to the intercom.

   “Nana, please clean up my office. I want to go out for a while. Thank you”

   “Yes, sir”

He decided to go to his brother’s filming set to calm his nerves down. He switched off his phone and climbed into his Lamborghini before speeding away. His brother was in the middle of a drama shoot when he arrived so he decided to sneak in and sat on one of the chairs there.

   “It’s a wrap for today!”

Sounds of people clapping were deafening. Doojoon was making his way to his trailer when he saw a familiar figure sitting down, staring blankly at something.

   “Yo, Junnie! What are you doing here?”

Junhyung was pulled out of his thoughts and looked up to his now grinning brother.

   “Psh. Can’t I visit my own rebellious brother?”

As the eldest son of the Yong family, it was Doojoon who supposed to take over the company once their father stepped down but having an intense passion towards arts, he rebelled, left the company and became an actor. He even changed his front name into ‘Yoon’ so that he can make sure he was not accepted for a job because he was part of ‘Yong’. It remained a mystery people did not know who he really is despite his excellent performance in the company before. Doojoon chuckled at his younger brother’s remark. He slung his arm over the younger’s shoulders and practically dragged him out of the crew’s sight to his trailer.

   “Fine, fine. But you know, it’s the first time people visited someone and not bringing anything”

Junhyung snorted.

   “You have money on your own and you’re asking me to buy you something? How shameful, hyung. Besides, I’m here on business terms. I want your opinion on something”

Doojoon smiled as he grabbed a bottle of mineral water and sipped its content a little.

   “About what?”

   “The new product. The director board have been bugging me about it doesn’t do well as the one you proposed before”

   “Just fire those old, -kissing people and your problem is solved. What are you so afraid of those old hawks anyway?”

Junhyung glared at his brother intensely and growled.

   “Not amusing, hyung”

   “ Chill. Okay, let’s see. The problem with your new product is not the product but the way it’s marketed. I mean who makes an ad like that anymore these days? You need popular people to boost your sale, man. Make something scandalous and y. It’s the trend now. And you’ll need a new strategist too. The old ones have their brains stuck up already”

This is what I meant by ‘despite his excellent performance in the company before’.

   “See. You have what it takes to take over. You even know how to handle those old hawks. And yet you chose to abandon everything”

   “Shut up. Business brained people like you will never understand the meaning of passion or art. Do you want me to help or not?”

   “Fine. You be the model, I’ll find your ‘scandalous and y other half’ along with the new strategist. How’s that sound?”

   “Will Father be okay with that?”

   “Psh. You’re not afraid of using weapons or breaking some bones and fighting those IRIS thingy. When it comes to our old man, you chicken out?”

   “Yah, it’s what you call acting, you dummy. Father is the real thing”

   “He’s not the CEO anymore. I am. So, don’t worry. Now, if you please excuse me I have a strategist to look for. Oh, and if this works, I’ll send you a truck of food to the set”

   “Deal”

Junhyung switched on his phone on the way to his car and dialled his best friend from his Yale days.

   “Yo, numskull. What’s up?”

   “Woohyun, my man. I need to ask a favour”

 

 

Author’s note

Another surprise! Turns out Junnie was besties with Namu too, people! What do you think of the story line so far? I hope it doesn’t bore you. Keep and happy reading, yeorobun! Also, I have a question, what should I put for the new product Jun and Doo were talking about? I’ve racked my brains all night but nothing came up so please help me, yeorobun! Any ideas? =)

Subscriber shoutout!

JunahDaebak

Angelnikki760

nmhuongg

For all your comments, a big kamsahamnida! Thank you for not giving up on this fic and me, continue 'talking'' to me, yeorobun (I love using yeorobun these days, it's cute). I'll continue to update more until my time for PLKN arrives. Keep tuning in, people! Saranghae! =)