Chapter 7

You're Mine

 

   “No!”

   “Ah, wae?”

   “Don’t you know the Yongs has the worst ads these days? I don’t want to risk my career acting for them. Plus, the concept is y. I don’t do y”

   “That’s why there is me and Hyuna to turn things up. You have to break free from your old mindset and be more open, sis. It would be a great opportunity to show your versatility, don’t directors love that?”

Jihyun seemed to be staggered a bit by her brother’s remark.

   “Still, no”

   “Aw, come on sis”

   “No means no, Hitler. Why are you so pushy today?”

Woohyun looked at me pleadingly. I let out a sigh before I came closer to Jihyun who was already crossing her arms.

   “Jihyun unnie…”

   “Not you too”

   “Please, unnie. I will be there too, in fact I’m the one in charge of the wardrobe. I won’t make it too revealing. I promise”

   “Aish, why are you two doing this to me? Fine, fine. I’ll do it”

   “Chincha, noona? You’re the best”

   “Yuck, what’s with the noona all of a sudden? I’m only older by a few seconds, okay?”

Jihyun said, annoyed before making her way to the kitchen to drink some boost. These conversations were making her head spinning. Urgh, why did I ever done to have a pushy Hitler as a brother and a hard to resist, whiny girl as a best friend?

     Woohyun made a high-five with me, clearly exploding with excitement at his sister’s approval. I looked at him intently, raising my eyebrow. Oh, you better not forget our deal or I would pester your whole life for that. He groaned, reaching for his pocket and handed me the promised 100 dollars.

   “Your ice cream, after this all worked out”

   “Deal”

I sat down with the fraternal twins watching movies after that quite ‘heated’ conversation. It was an action packed, spy movie. A question suddenly popped out into my head.

   “Hey Hitler, why are you so content on taking this project? You even involved, no, forced Jihyun and me to get involved”

   “It’s a request from my best friend during Yale. I have to have the best crew”

   “Ah…Hey! I thought I was your best friend”

   “Nope, you’re my girlfriend”

   “Haha, very funny”

   “Hey Jing jing, doesn’t watching this film flicked any switch in your head?”

   “If you’re thinking what I’m thinking”

We glanced at Jihyun, flashing the same evil grin, rubbing our hands together like some mad evil scientists.

   “Why are you both looking at me like that?”

……………………………..

     Woohyun and I glanced at each other before our eyes drifted back at the tall, very expensive looking building ahead of us. Yong Enterprise. I gawked at the surroundings in awe. These little things for other people always looked somehow extraordinary for me, you can say this is my field of passion. Everything looked so well-balanced, let it be the complex designed concrete element or the greenish nature element that surrounded it. It’s like discovering a building in the middle of a garden. The insides of me were threatening to jump around, running here and there, looking at everything but a nudge from Woohyun made it strained.

   “Don’t jump yet, you’ll ruin our professional image”

I showed my tongue at him. He shrugged and dragged me towards the entrance by the hand as if I would get lost if he didn’t do that. I ignored that and play along.

   “Let’s go”

As soon as we passed the security check and went into the elevator, my stomach churned, nervous. Like a panic attack. I pulled my hand away from Woohyun’s as my hands tend to get sweaty and cold when I’m nervous. I didn’t want to let him know. Woohyun was not surprised by my action instead he grinned evilly and tapped my back casually as what he would probably do to a guy.

   “Yah, what do I see here? Nervous?”

He teased, ruffling my bangs ever so gently as not to ruin it. He knew he would be dead if it did get ruined.

   “Shut up, Hitler”

Ding!

The elevator stopped at the 12th floor, we walked out to a straight path towards the CEO’s office. We were in front of the door in no time. Somehow, I don’t even know why, I got a bad vibe from whoever was behind this door when Woohyun knocked it without any hesitation.

   “Come in”

…………………………………..

     Doojoon watched as his brother won’t stop fidgeting and paced around the room, to and from. He was getting very annoyed by this.

   “Yah! Stop pacing around. The building is not going to be blown up. You’re irritating me”

   “Fine. I’m just nervous to how this will turn out. You know we haven’t used anyone outside the company before”

Junhyung gave up pacing and went to sit next to his brother when the door to his room was being knocked.

   “Come in”

His face lighted up when he saw Woohyun’s face coming up from behind the door. He got up and gave him a brotherly hug.

   “Finally. I was thinking you’re not going to show up, dude”

   “Chill, it’s 9.30. The supposed meeting is at 10”

   “That’s what I’ve been telling this guy earlier. Annoyed the crap out of me with his pacing. Like a girl going out for her first date”

Woohyun laughed.

   “Doojoon hyung, long time no see”

Hyuna only watched with annoyance as Woohyun blended in so well with the ‘crowd’ in front of her now, her head kept down as she stood behind him waiting to be introduced to. This Hitler, really.

   “Oh, I almost forget”

Woohyun dragged the now timid Hyuna from his back to the center of attention.

   “This beautiful lady here is Hyuna. She’s my assistant and the one behind the wardrobe for the ad”

Hyuna bowed politely as Woohyun introduced her.

   “Hello, I’m Kim Hyuna. I hope we can work well together. Please watch over me”

She held her hand out to one of the males, keeping her vision on the shining tiled floor in awe. Nice marble. Doojoon took her hand gladly with a grin.

   “Nice to meet you, Hyuna-shi. I’m Doojoon”

Doojoon nudged Junhyung who was now focusing on his phone and glared at him to be polite while the latter stared back at him lazily, slowly shifting his gaze to the girl Woohyun introduced. He smirked in recognition.

   “Yah, you’re crazy right?”

Hyuna lifted her at the words the man who ignored her earlier just said. There was only one person who had ever called her crazy. No way, impossible. Then, she saw a face that was very awfully familiar.

   “Jerk?”

The word just slipped out. Oh no, I’m dead.

   “Do you know each other?”

   “Yes”

   “No”

Junhyung lifted his eyebrow at her answer.

   “I mean, we’ve bumped into each other a lot of times before”

She glared at Junhyung to play along with her, not wanting him to spill anything while he mocked her. Of another billion people in this whole wide world, why him?

   “Yup, she’s right. We bumped into each at Starbucks long ago. Nice meeting you again, Hyuna. It will a great addition to the design team with you here”

   “Thank you, sir”

   “Can we carry on with the meeting now?”

Doojoon butted in, clearing the already awkward situation.

   “Certainly”

Junhyung was now smirking even more, much to her hate. She sighed silently. Must it be him? She knew her guts feeling earlier were right. This will much likely spelled disaster.

……………………………

   “Shoot, I’m late again”

     Jihyun sprinted as soon as she was out from her car to the set where the shooting probably has started by, let’s see, right now. She does not want to get scolded on her first day of shooting. She bowed to the director and almost everyone on set, apologetically. Thank god she had 30 minutes more time before the shooting really started because of a technical problem or she will be screwed. She was staring at herself through the mirror at the makeup station, waiting for her cue when a glass of red fluid was placed in front of her. She looked up to see Hyuna smiling brightly at her.

   “Wine. Cheer up, unnie”

   “Where the hell would you get…”

   “Hush. I had my ways. Hwaiting!”

Hyuna made the ‘hwaiting’ pose and kissed Jihyun’s cheek before she ran away, continuing whatever she was doing before. A smile slowly formed on Jihyun’s face as she grabbed the tall glass and sipped a little of the red fluid. Satisfaction clearly shown on her face.

……………………………….

     Doojoon squinted his eyes at the girl who was now drinking. Maybe that’s her, the actress. He walked towards her to inform her of her cue. It’s not like there was no one else to do that, Doojoon himself volunteered as he wanted to get to know her. His brother’s best friend’s sister. Sounded pretty messed up, doesn’t it? But he got closer to his target, a knowing smirk plastered across his face. Yup, he knew this girl.

   “Oi, alcoholic! Just couldn’t stay away, couldn’t you? It’s a small world after all”

Jihyun almost sprayed out the content in . Her eyes widen as they drifted to his face in recognition. The same bastard that won’t stop following her around in Paris. No way…

   “You! What are you doing here?”

Doojoon laughed at her stupid question.

   “Duh, I worked here. The ad, I’m the actor or should I say your rival-lover? It’s your cue now, sweetheart. See you later, babe”

He chuckled as he watched Jihyun stomped her way to the set. His eyes flickered to the half empty and lifted it up to his nose. Just as he thought it would be. As he got the glass closer to his mouth to take a sip, a hand snatched it away.

   “Don’t even think about it”

Jihyun emptied the glass and threw it at the now wide-eyed Doojoon who had barely caught it before making her way like some action heroine. These brought laughter to his amusement. Feisty with a strong love for alcohol. Interesting.

   “Oh, you are freaking dead when I get back, Woo ing hyun”

………………………………………………

   “So, the guy you were going to marry was Woohyun, huh? Nice catch for a crazy woman like you”

Since the meeting, that jerk kept following and pestering me around with question after question. Even when I had to go to the restroom! He would wait in front of the ladies restroom, I repeat, ladies restroom and continued bothering me like it was his original job annoying me around not being the freaking CEO! The best part was I could not even do anything about it because he would spill. So, I kept answering his question with short answers in hope he would be satisfied and be gone. But, no…

   “Oh, So he wasn’t your husband? Where is he now?”

Junhyung found it exhilarating teasing this crazy girl around. It took his mind off from the stress the old hawks were giving him. He was still following her and pestering her with more annoying questions when she suddenly stopped, making him bumped into her. She slowly turned around, her eyes were red surrounding with tears.

   “No! Because I don’t freaking know where he is right now. I don’t even ing care! Okay? Satisfied? Leave me alone now. I would even appreciate it if you pretend not to know me”

Hyuna walked away with accelerated speed, leaving Junhyung dumbfounded. What happened to her?

     Hyuna’s phone rang in her pocket. She looked at the screen, it was Woohyun. She quickly wiped her tears away and took a deep breath before answering as she promised him not to cry over that bastard again.

   “Oh, Woohyunnie? What’s up?”

   “Is your work done?”

There was a hint of fear in Woohyun’s tone.

   “Yup, I’m on my way home. Why do you sound so scared?”

That was when she heard objects being thrown at the door.

   “Yah, you Hitler brat! Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Open this door!”

   “Jihyun’s mad. Help me”

Hyuna chuckled. This twin siblings always found a way to make her life into some sort of a sitcom.

   “Okay, okay. I’ll be back soon. Just stay in that room, okay?”

Hyuna went into her car and sped away towards Jihyun and Woohyun’s apartment. (and once in the past, hers too) A place she called home right now.

 

 

Author’s note

Hi, guys. Maybe some of you already annoyed at me right now. I really am sorry, I was kind of busy from PLKN things, medical checkups and the results for my SPM exam will come out this Thursday. Heck, I haven’t written yet the essay for scholarship. Well, wish me luck for 10 A+, you guys. Ah, luck is what I really need right now. Here a quite long chapter to make up for my absence these few days. Or, is it shorter than before? Anyway, enjoy!