Episode 12: Clary's Observations

∞ Over and Over Again ∞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

clary's observations

"And THIS is why I love you!" Suk Hee winks and smiles at Clary as she holds the boxes of the complete 6th and 7th seasons of Game of Thrones. Suk Hee bought them in the US but forgot them at Clary's place and never got the chance to go to her house to pick it up before leaving.

"That and this," Clary opens her Gucci crossbody bag and takes out a Tiffany & Co. box. She hands it to Suk Hee who is already taken back by the pricey brand.

"You got this LEGALLY right?" Suk Hee teases. Clary punches her in the arms and comfirms it's legality. Suk Hee opens it and sees a rose gold lion charm.

"A charm for our bracelet!" Suk Hee exclaims. She quickly opens a drawer next to her bed and takes out her most precious charm bracelet. The two had gotten best friend charm bracelets for Suk Hee's first birthday in the US. Suk Hee quickly puts the charm on the bracelet and wears it to show her best friend how much she loves it.

"Lion for you, elephant for me. Ring a bell?" Clary shows her bracelet which has a rose gold elephant charm on it.

"How could I forget? Senior year spring break when we went to Disneyland and the little boy dropped his stupid toys on Matterhorn and got us stuck on the ride for a while! I wanted to kill that kid so badly," the two laugh as they share stories of the good ol' days. 

Because Suk Hee's parents are on a 2 day trip to Jeju Island for her father's company MT, Suk Hee and Clary have the house to themselves. The two friends kicked off Clary's 2 day visit by ordering fried chicken and beer to be delivered at the house so they can binge watch Game of Thrones together. 

While they wait, Clary and Suk Hee catch up with each other, "So how are you and Mark? We all got so shocked when he said he wasn't coming back."

"Oh, we're good. I guess," Suk Hee smiles weakly.

"Don't lie to me," Clary rolls her eyes at Suk Hee's response.

"We are! I mean he's busy with his training and I'm busy with school and work. We barely see each other anymore, but we talk all the time. Every free time we get, we call each other or facetime or text, so we're okay," Su Hee plays with her hair as she explains. With that habit, Clary immediately figures out that everything is definitely not okay. Just then, Suk Hee's phone rings. It's Mark. Suk Hee takes a deep breath before picking it up.

"Hey babe!" she answers as cheerfully as she can.

"Hey, I'm really sorry. I know I was supposed to call you today, but I just got so caught up in the training that I completely lost track of time," Mark apologizes.

"It's okay Mark. You don't need to stress out about it."

"I'm so sorry. Look I'll call you back later when I get home okay? Love you," Mark kisses her through the phone and quickly hangs up.

Looking down at her phone, Suk Hee says, "Love you too..." She turns her attention to Clary who has since found a bag of chips and is eating while looking straight at Suk Hee with a look that says "That's okay to you?". Clary walks back over to Suk Hee and sits down in front of her.

"What in the WORLD was that," Clary asks bluntly.

To be honest, despite Suk Hee saying that she and Mark talk everyday even if they don't get together in person everyday, they havent's spoken to each other in 2 weeks. They text each other almost everyday, yes, but because of their schedules, they could only text at night and one or the other would always fall asleep mid-text due to fatigue. They had been planning to call each other and hear each other's voices at the very least for the last week and a half. They;ve made plans prior as well, but they are both always missing each other due to their schedules.

"Are you kidding me right now Sarah Cheon? Listen up, because you know I hate repeating myself: you guys need to see each other soon. On the taxi ride from the airport to here, I was observing you. You've never liked talking while in the car, and I knew and respected that, but you kept looking at your phone for some reason. So Mark was the reason, wasn't he?" Clary adjusts her costume glasses and looks at Suk Hee, who in response nods slowly. Clary knows words can comfort, but hugs word just as good so she goes to her best friend and hugs her tight.

>The Next Day<

Suk Hee and Clary ate and drank with each other, trying not to ruin their mood with their boyfriend problems. Come morning, the two are ready to head out and go on a tour of Suk Hee's campus. They plan on seeing the places where Suk Hee frequents since Suk Hee doesn't really know any other places in Korea yet. Between school and work, she doesn't really have the time to go out and explore. 

When they get to Suk Hee's university, as Clary roams the halls with her best friend, all eyes turn towards her. She attracts a lot of attention not only because of her hair, but because of her figure as well. Men and women alike stare in awe of the foreign beauty currently touring their university.

After the university tour, Suk Hee takes Clary to a nearby restaurant to have lunch. The authenticity of the food makes Clary happy...Or maybe just the food by itself made her happy. She eats a lot, but loves sports and being active so shaving off the weight she just gained isn't really a problem for her. While on lunch, Suk Hee's phone rings - it's the SM President.

"Hello?" Suk Hee answers.

"Suk Hee-ssi! I'm sorry to bother you, but do you think you could meet me in my office for a little bit? I have something I would like to ask you," the president asks. Judging by his tone, Suk Hee deducts that it's not about another scandal, so she's a bit relieved.

"Sure, but I'm with my friend right now. She just came from the US, can she come with me to the company?" Suk Hee asks, hoping to get Clary a backstage look at an idol company. The president says it's not a problem so long as Clary doesn't take or post pictures of the idols or staff.

Suk Hee hangs up and tells Clary to hurry up and finish her food so that she can take her to the famous company.

"Are we going to be able to see idols there? Like EXO or something?" Clary asks. She doesn't know too many KPOP idols, but she does know EXO and likes their overall vibe.

"I actually haven't told you why yet, but you will most likely see some of EXO," Suk Hee answers. Her giddy friend is all of a sudden even more excited and starts seeding up her eating. Suk Hee had to prompt her to tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter