Episode 9: Attraction

∞ Over and Over Again ∞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

attraction

»  "It must have been yesterday when I realized."

​"What?" He puts his arms around me and pulls me closer.

​"That I love you." I turn to face him. He looks so familiar, but who is he?

​Suk Hee wakes up peacefully despite the startling dream she had just had. She knew that there was more to that dream than she thinks. but decides to shake it off because she has to go get ready for more lessons with Kai.

​At SME, Suk Hee goes through her daily routine of greeting the doormen and saying hello to the other employees. But something she decides to do differently is go to the coffee shop and get some coffee for her and Kai.

​"Hi. Can I get 2 english fog teas please? And please add some steamed lemonade and peach tea packet," Suk Hee places her order, and looks at the baffled barista.

​"You have an interesting taste miss. Actually...you and one of the artists here have similar taste," she smiles at Suk Hee and giggles as she accepts Suk Hee's money. Suk Hee receives her drinks and quickly heads downstairs. In the elevator, Suk Hee hears some murmurs and gets some weird looks from the staff. She still smiles but doesn't know what is happening. Then she gets a call.

​"Suk Hee-ssi, can I please see you for a bit?" the SM president calls her and she changes the direction of the elevator. Inside the office, Kai and Krystal are in the room.

"Suk Hee-ssi, I understand that you do not have a contract with us. So if you wouldn't mind, would you please explain this?" SM president holds up a tabloid magazine with Kai and Suk Hee on the front page titled "Who is EXO's Kai's Mystery Lady?".

"Sir, I've been trying to tell you, I was there with Krystal and she was there with her boyfrined-" Kai tries explaining but the president hold up his hand at Kai and asks him to wait. He turns back to face Suk Hee, cold-faced and obviously waiting for an answer.

"This-I-there is nothing going on between Kai and me. Like Kai said, I was there with my boyfriend, Mark, who came to visit me from the US, and Kai and Krystal were there on a date as well. This is just a big misunderstanding," Suk Hee stutters in the beginning then quickly regains her composure and explains carefully. The president relaxes is posture and face, believing what Suk Hee explained. He lets out a deep sigh and looks back up at Suk Hee.

"I understand, but I would like it if you signed a contract with us until the lessons with Kai are over. Kai and Krystal's relationship is a somewhat big deal since they are both very famous in this industry and if more gossip like this come out, it will not be good for anyone. I'm only going to ask you to sign, because it has come to my attention that Mark has already signed elsewhere. Then, if you would please?" At that, the president turns the papers towards Suk Hee and hands her a pen. Suk Hee doesn't take it right away because she was trying to comprehend the last part of the president's announcement. 

'Mark signed somewhere else? Mark?' Suk Hee tries to work things out in her brain. She brings herself back to earth and reads the papers which basically just says that she and Kai can never be scene anywhere outside of the company together, with or without company. It also says that this contract will basically put a zipper on Suk Hee's mouth and private life in public areas to avoid any more "misunderstandings". She signs it, knowing it is for the best.

The president releases the three of them to go about their schedules. Krystal kisses Kai goodbye and goes back to the practice room to reunite with her group, while  Suk Hee and Kai go downstairs to finally begin practice.

"Sorry about all of that. That was a bit over the top. I shouldn't have let my guard down so much," Kai touches the back of his neck to show his guilt.

"Don't be! You're an idol but you should be able to relax too. It's okay. I got this for you by the way. Just a little something to help with your throat while we practice today," Suk Hee hands Kai his cup with a smile. Kai takes a sip and feels a weird sense of nostalgia, but cannot pinpoint where he's felt this feeling before, so he tries to shrug it off. The two begin their 2 hour long session.

During the break, Kai goes to the restroom, and Suk Hee calls Mark to ask about what the president said.

"Mark? Hey, did you sign with a company? I was talking with the SM president about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter